Table of Contents
- What Makes Portland Branding Agencies Unique?
- What Does A Portland Branding Agency Specialize In?
- How Much Do Portland Branding Firms Charge?
- Why Hire A Branding Agency In Portland, Maine?
- How To Choose The Right Portland Branding Agency
- 10 Questions To Ask Branding Agencies In Portland, Maine
- Takeaways On Portland Branding Agencies
What Makes Portland Branding Agencies Unique?
The city of Maine has also a 15.63% lower cost of living than its East-Coast fellow Boston.
These are key reasons why Portland entices some of the best specialists in the country, including branding experts.
Located one hour away from Harvard University or Tufts University, Portland attracts leading talent from across the nation.
In fact, 31.5% of people living in Portland have a bachelor's degree. This means that Portland branding agencies host well-educated and skilled professionals who can provide internationally competitive services.
The city is also home to a few major companies such as:
- Tyler Technologies
- And more
These well-known conglomerates outsource branding services in Portland which means agencies based there can provide the highest quality of services.
A Portland branding agency can also offer unique insights into the local market. These specialists have acquired a deep understanding of the local scene so they are equipped with valuable tips and tricks that can greatly benefit your business.
What Does A Portland Branding Agency Specialize In?
A Portland branding agency excels in building brands from the ground up within the locally dominant sectors:
- Healthcare and social assistance
- Retail trade
- Educational services
- Professional, scientific and technical services
So, the local agencies have devoted a great deal of time helping clients operating in these industries launch powerful brand identities.
Just like other similar agencies, Portland branding firms specialize in creating strong brands from scratch for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
They are capable of turning businesses into trustworthy and reliable brands. A brand that can infuse trust with consumers will likely leave a stamp in the marketplace.
Therefore, Portland digital agencies can help you build a trusted brand and create lasting relationships with your customers.
Branding agencies in Portland, Maine usually provide these services:
- Market, audience and competition research
- Brand positioning
- Brand identity
- Brand naming
- Brand personality & story
- Brand strategy
- Brand messaging
- Logo design services
- Product design services
- Running PR and print campaigns
- Offering integrated marketing solutions
- And more
So, Portland branding agencies engage in a variety of activities to help you launch a memorable and exciting brand. They devise strategies across all channels showcasing your brand values, mission and products in a consistent and coherent way.
Therefore, no matter the medium of interaction – social media, website, billboard, print magazine – consumers will recognize your brand and choose your product in a sea of competitors.
How Much Do Portland Branding Firms Charge?
Portland branding agencies usually bill their services hourly. So, the overall cost is set based on the number of hours the branding strategists spend developing your brand.
Most Portland branding firms have an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.
Another pricing model made available by branding agencies in Portland, Maine is per project. An end-to-end branding development can cost between $5,000 and $10,000 and may include:
- Creating an original brand name
- Designing your business logo
- Developing your website
- Implementing branded ads
Why Hire A Branding Agency In Portland, Maine?
Portland branding agencies have hands-on experience in building brands that have the potential to garner communities around them.
They seamlessly incorporate your brand story across different platforms: your website, social media, email campaigns, print ads and so on.
So, they can establish and maintain brand consistency which helps you connect with your audience in an authentic way. This will help you build trust and credibility with your customers which ultimately results in more revenue for your business.
Have a look at three reasons why you should partner with a Portland branding agency:
- Access to top-notch talent: Portland is very close to the world’s leading higher education institutions such as Harvard, Tufts or MIT. So, the city attracts top-tier talent from across the US resulting in a skillful workforce that can provide competitive output.
- Services at market rates: With lower living expenses than Boston or New York, Portland branding agencies can offer equal quality of services at more accessible rates.
- Local market expertise: Operating in the city for a long time, Portland branding firms have gained extensive experience into the local environment. They know the ins and outs of the local market to provide you with valuable insights that could propel your brand over competitors.
How To Choose The Right Portland Branding Agency
Choosing the right Portland branding agency might not be such an easy task. Follow these key steps to ensure you’re making the right decision for your business:
Step #1: Analyze Their Portfolio
Take the time to inspect their previous projects to see if they’re capable of developing healthy brands that are well-positioned in the market.
Their portfolio will also tell you if they have worked for clients within your niche, which is a key element to project success. This means they are already familiar with your industry, competitors or audience. So, they are more likely to deliver successful results.
Step #2: Check Their Communication Skills
A Portland branding agency should be able to create a comfortable space in which you feel relaxed and confident to express your ideas, objectives and concerns.
So, make sure to pick a Portland branding agency that can practice mindful listening to ensure they completely understand your brand story, mission and values.
Step #3: Assess Their Processes
The top branding agencies in Portland, Maine have extensive experience in building powerful brand identities. Thus, they should have clearly defined processes that ensure long lasting success.
So, steer towards a Portland branding agency that conducts thorough market and audience research and can develop customized strategies based on your singular brand values and goals.
Step #4: Figure Out If You Share The Same Values
It’s best to select a Portland branding agency that shares the same values as your company. You need to be on the same page to put forward an effective branding strategy.
So, before starting a partnership with a branding agency in Portland, Maine, you should determine whether you share the same values. Don’t be afraid to spark up a friendship with them, this will contribute to the success of your project.
Step #5: Read Their Reviews
Be sure to read their client feedback as they’re eye-opening and can tip the scales in favor of an agency or another.
Their reviews will shed some light into their transparency, reliability, creativity, flexibility and quality of work.
10 Questions To Ask Branding Agencies In Portland, Maine
Prior to signing a contract with a Portland branding firm, make sure you have gathered as much information as you can about their quality of work, processes or company culture.
Ask them this set of questions:
- Have you done branding for similar clients before?
- Will you show us some of your most proud projects?
- Can you walk us through your branding process?
- Can we take part in your brainstorming sessions?
- How exactly do you ensure brand consistency across different channels?
- Who will be the leader of our project?
- How can my team help you in your process?
- How frequently should we have meetings or calls?
- How long will the project last and how much time will you dedicate to our project?
- What is the pricing structure for our project?
Takeaways On Portland Branding Agencies
Portland branding agencies can help you launch a genuine brand that builds trust with your audience. They are highly skilled in developing memorable brands that compel consumers to always come back for more.
Branding agencies in Portland, Maine distinguish themselves from their peers throughout the US by these elements:
- Top-tier talent pool
- Services at market rates
- Local market know-how
They tend to be more qualified in providing services for the locally dominant industries: healthcare, retail trade, education, business and more.
To find the perfect Portland branding firm for your business, be sure to follow these steps:
- Flip through their portfolio
- Look into their processes
- Ensure you can communicate smoothly
- See if you share the same values
- Read their reviews
Most Portland branding agencies have an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.