Table of Contents
- What Makes Software Companies In St. Louis Unique
- What Services Can You Outsource To Software Developers In St. Louis?
- How Much Do Software Companies In St. Louis Charge?
- Why Should You Hire A Software Developer In St. Louis?
- How To Choose The Best Software Company In St. Louis For Your Business
- 15 Questions To Ask Software Developers In St. Louis Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Software Companies In St. Louis
What Makes Software Companies In St. Louis Unique
Several facts make software companies in St. Louis stand out from their U.S.-based competitors:
Fact #1: St. Louis Attracts Top-Notch Talent
St. Louis ranked among the 50 best tech talent markets in the US in 2019. According to CBRE, the same year, the city was home to:
- 17,780 software developers and programmers
- 28,870 computer support, database and systems professionals
- 4,740 technology engineering-related experts
- 3,610 computer and information systems managers
When it comes to tech talent labor concentration, the city outranked some major hubs like New York, Los Angeles and Chicago mostly because of factors like:
- Its average salary amounting to $61,000
- Its affordability
St. Louis has a cost of living index of 81.3, which is lower than the national average of 100. This makes the city a less expensive place to live in terms of:
So, many top-notch tech professionals move to St. Louis mainly for its more affordable business conditions and budget-friendly rent.
Fact #2: St. Louis Has A Business Friendly Environment
St. Louis’ has favorable business conditions that attract many business investments.
According to Crowdspring, the city ranks among the 15 best places for startups and entrepreneurs.
As the organization states:
Being one of the largest cities in Missouri and attracting many startups, this is probably the reason why the state enjoyed a high entrepreneurial growth rate of 0.37% in 2019.
Interestingly, most of these young companies are in the tech sector.
Additionally, apart from being a welcoming place for startups, St. Louis also attracts huge brands. So, the city is home to many tech businesses, including Siemens and IBM.
Giving their best shot to help these startups and well-established agencies grow, software companies in St. Louis are bound to:
- Stay on top of software development trends
- Use cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Offer high-quality services
Fact #3: St. Louis Is Home To Some Of The Major Industries In The World
Software companies in St. Louis tend to naturally acquire vast experience in the leading sectors in the area.
The major industries driving the city’s economy are:
So, unlike other US-based competitors, they have unique insights into these fields. They are well equipped to deliver products that make businesses in these sectors more productive and effective.
What Services Can You Outsource To Software Developers In St. Louis?
Similarly to other software developers in the US, software developers in St. Louis have extensive experience in developing solutions that solve the unique problems of their clients.
Their job is to help businesses:
- Optimize their processes
- Boost productivity and efficiency
- Save on costs
- Take a competitive advantage
- Increase revenue
These experts have developed expertise in various project types and technology stacks, so they can assist you with:
- Custom software development
- App development
- Website development
- Product design and development
- Business intelligence tools development
- UX design
- Digital transformation and tech consulting
- IT consulting
- Software QA and testing
- Cloud migration
- Software maintenance
- And more
How Much Do Software Companies In St. Louis Charge?
There are a few factors that affect the cost of software companies in St. Louis, including:
- Project complexity
- Number of resources
- Company team size and reputation
- Company operational setup
- Third-party charges
- And more
The average hourly rate typically varies between $25 and $150. However, you can come across agencies that offer high-end services and in this case, you may pay as much as $200 per hour, sometimes even more.
When it comes to project costs, most solutions fall in the range of $50,000 and $250,000.
The exact price will obviously depend on your unique needs and requirements.
Why Should You Hire A Software Developer In St. Louis?
These are the primary reasons why you should partner with a software developer in St. Louis:
- Get access to top-notch talent: St. Louis is one of the most labor-concentrated tech markets. Due to some great conditions like the high average salaries and low cost of living, the city is a welcoming place for some of the finest software developers in the nation. So, by working with a local company, you will get access to world-leading experts who deliver high-end solutions, helping businesses increase productivity and efficiency.
- Enjoy internationally competitive services: The city enjoys a business-friendly environment, so it attracts many startups and huge corporates like Siemens and IBM. To meet their unique business goals and help them grow, software developers in St. Louis are bound to offer the highest level of services. They are always on top of the emerging trends in technological innovation and use cutting-edge software development tools to create, test, deploy and maintain their products.
- Leverage their industry expertise: Software companies in St. Louis have particularly worked with local clients and industry leaders. From this, we can assume that they have accumulated extensive experience in the major sectors in the area. Thereby, they have unique insights into the key challenges businesses in these fields have. This is a key characteristic that makes them uniquely positioned to spot the opportunities and develop products that drive these businesses forward.
How To Choose The Best Software Company In St. Louis For Your Business
When choosing the best software company in St. Louis, be sure to consider the following factors:
- Ask about the technologies they use: Software companies in St. Louis come in various shapes and sizes, so they will be proficient at different technological stacks. In other words, they will have experience with different programming languages and specialize in different tools and technologies. A best practice to follow is to select an agency that is skilled in the type of tools and technologies your particular project needs, so that they can develop a product that solves your specific problems.
- Learn about their security processes: All digital products are prone to external threats and cyber attacks. Considering that data breaches are on the rise and show no signs of slowing down, you need to make sure that your product is fully secured to withstand these types of threats. So, understand how each prospective software developer in St. Louis secures the products and what best practices they follow to keep your sensitive information safe.
- Find out if they test their products: There are several types of software testing that can ensure the product comes without any bugs or hidden errors that may later affect its performance. They may be connected to usability, functionality, security, integrations, acceptance and more. To avoid any issues after launch, find out if and what type of testing these agencies use to ensure the quality and reliability of your product.
- Check their client reviews: Reading the reviews of past clients is the best way to check how credible and reputable an agency is. This feedback will help you evaluate the type of collaboration you can expect, whether they are able to meet deadlines and what their management style and customer support are like.
- Understand what type of post-launch support you can expect: Once your product is live, it will require regular maintenance to constantly improve its performance. This may include tasks like improving the design, fixing errors, making certain integrations and more. The software developer in St. Louis that builds the software will be the most familiar with its code, so it is recommended to hire one that can offer after-launch support and invest in a long-term partnership.
15 Questions To Ask Software Developers In St. Louis Before Hiring One
Ask each prospective software developer in St. Louis the following questions before you make your choice:
- Do you have experience with similar projects?
- How will you manage the project? What are the most important phases that you will focus on?
- What technologies do you specialize in?
- What technical expertise and talent do you employ?
- Who will work on my project? What level of experience do these software developers have?
- How will you make certain that you understand my project’s requirements?
- How do you ensure the security of your products?
- What kind of testing will you perform before and after launch?
- Who will own the source code?
- How will we communicate during the project?
- What will my role be? How will my team be involved?
- What is the estimated project length?
- What is the project cost?
- Do you provide post-launch support services? What is the additional fee for these?
- What does the contract include?
Takeaways On Software Companies In St. Louis
Most businesses outsource their projects to software companies in St. Louis because they:
- Employ some of the finest professionals in the country
- Offer internationally-competitive services
- Have local-market know-how
An hour of their time may cost you about $25 and $150.
To pick the best software developer in St. Louis for your business needs, pay attention to the following factors:
- Ask about the technologies they use
- Learn about their security processes
- Find out if they test their products
- Check their client reviews
- Understand what type of post-launch support you can expect
Best of luck!