Table of Contents
- What Makes Software Companies In Utah Unique?
- What Do Software Companies In Utah Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Software Companies In Utah?
- How Much Do The Best Software Companies In Utah Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire Software Companies In Utah?
- How To Select The Best Software Companies In Utah
- 10 Questions To Ask The Best Software Companies In Utah
- Takeaways On Software Companies In Utah
What Makes Software Companies In Utah Unique?
Software companies in Utah differentiate themselves from their US counterparts through their robust expertise in the locally dominant industries.
As such, the best software companies in Utah are extremely equipped to develop high-quality products for clients in these sectors:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Software and IT
- Aerospace and defense
- Life science and healthcare
- And more
According to the same source, Utah has a finely structured tech industry charging quite a few other industries such as finance, real estate or healthcare.
In fact, between 2018 and 2019, Utah added 5,746 new jobs in the tech sector where the primary roles are:
- Software and web developers
- IT support specialists
- Network architects, admins and support specialists
- Systems and cybersecurity analysts
Boasting 7,599 tech establishments in 2020 and a total of 34,854 tech job postings in 2019, Utah ranks ninth on CompTIA’s CYBERSTATES 2020 report.
Therefore, software companies in Utah are clearly some of the best in the entire country and there’s no doubt they can deliver solutions of the highest quality.
Moreover, the best software companies in Utah serve top-level clients such as:
- Goldman Sachs
- Zions Bancorp.
- Health Catalyst
- And more
As a result, software developers based in Utah are compelled to:
- Provide first-rate services
- Stay on top of the latest tech and development trends
- Use innovative tools and technologies
What makes Utah software firms truly unique is their young and well-educated talent. Utah is the youngest state in the United States where 33.3% of people have a college degree.
So, software companies in Utah employ young IT talent who can breed ingenious ideas and develop out-of-the-box solutions.
What Do Software Companies In Utah Specialize In?
Software companies in Utah specialize in providing custom software development for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
The best software companies in Utah can design, build, test, deploy, maintain and launch customized solutions to help brands solve key problems, drive business growth or facilitate digital transformation.
The local companies are skilled in a variety of programming languages and technologies to deliver products tailored to the specific needs and requirements of each business.
They have teams of experienced software engineers and developers who engage in market research and assess the technical practicability of your plans to ensure a successful product.
Some of their main activities include:
- Developing unique websites, mobile applications and operating systems
- Creating software solutions which involve platform or product conceptualization
- Integrating software with existing systems
- Designing the UX and UI
- Product testing before launch
- Deploying it
- Maintaining it
- Providing support post-launch
- And more
What Are The Different Types Of Software Companies In Utah?
Given that software serves any industry or branch of activity while incorporating a wide variety of technologies, there are many types of software companies that build niche, platform and technological expertise.
As such, Utah software firms can be grouped into three different categories.
Firstly, they can be divided based on their industry specialization:
- Education software companies
- Healthcare software companies
- Retail software companies
- Telecom software companies
- HR software companies
- Banking software companies
- Fintech software companies
- And more
Secondly, they can be categorized by platform and system type specialty:
- Web development companies
- App development companies
- eCommerce development companies
- UI/UX development companies
- IoT development companies
- AR/VR development companies
- Big data software development companies
- Blockchain development companies
- And more
Finally, they can be grouped according to the type of services they offer:
- Staff augmentation: These software firms manage teams of IT specialists entirely devoted to your company that operates like an extension of your in-house team and typically involves a long-term partnership.
- Project-based development: Some companies focus solely on projects that last until the end product is successfully delivered. This type of partnership usually entails a shorter-term or one-time collaboration.
How Much Do The Best Software Companies In Utah Charge For Their Services?
Software developers in Utah typically price their services by the hour. As such, most local firms have an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.
As for project-based pricing, the best software companies in Utah charge anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000.
The costs for software development in Utah vary from one company to another and depends on:
- Your project’s complexity and scope
- The number of developers involved
- The number of hours dedicated to your project
Why Hire Software Companies In Utah?
Businesses of all stripes choose to invest in custom software rather than licensing pre-made software from a third party. Why?
Well, custom-built software is developed based on your unique needs and requirements, helping you to solve certain key tasks, either internal or external.
Software companies in Utah can build personalized solutions that only your brand can benefit from, providing great business value and giving you a competitive edge.
Off-the-shelf solutions provide limited functionality which cannot be scaled or customized according to your precise needs. On the other hand, a tailored solution incorporates specific features to meet your one-of-a-kind needs.
Plus, the best software companies in Utah not only offer consultancy, concept development or product delivery but they also provide:
- Maintenance and continuous updating
- Technical support
- Product scalability
- Network security and data protection
- Flawless integration with previously existing systems
Still on the fence? Here are three extra reasons why you should hire Utah software developers:
- Access to young and educated talent pool: As the state with the youngest population in the US, Utah is home to a well-educated millennial workforce that fosters a growth mindset and exudes forward-thinking in all their endeavors. Thus, Utah software developers are bound to offer innovative solutions, cutting-edge products and internationally competitive services.
- Quality services at market rates: Cost of living in Utah is lower than in other major software hubs throughout the States. As such, outsourcing software in the Western state yields the same quality of services at more affordable costs.
- Local market know-how: These local companies have developed a deep expertise into the local environment. So, they can offer unique insights into the local market that can place your brand above competitors. They are especially skilled in creating custom solutions for clients within the locally dominant sectors: energy, manufacturing, tourism, finance.
How To Select The Best Software Companies In Utah
Before weighing up the software development market in Utah and researching the best local software developers, you must outline clear-cut goals.
Some of the most important questions you need to ask yourself are:
- What type of software do you want to build?
- What is its end purpose?
- What do you want to obtain by investing in a custom solution?
Only after answering these key questions should you move to the evaluation process of the most suitable candidates. Start by taking these few steps:
Step #1: Identify Their Core Area Of Expertise
Software companies come in many shapes and sizes, showcasing expertise in a variety of technologies, services and solutions.
Depending on your goals, you should select a software company that excels in the exact type of services you need, whether it’s consulting, programming, architecture or end-to-end development.
Step #2: Explore Their Past Projects
The best software companies in Utah have a successful track record of projects and best-case studies and should be able to proudly display it.
So, be sure to examine their previously built products to gain insight into their resources, capabilities and quality of work.
Moreover, their work portfolio will reveal whether they have developed solutions for your niche.
If that’s the case, since they already possess industry knowledge, Utah software developers are much more likely to deliver a quality product in a timely and secure manner.
Step #3: Check What Security Measures They Have In Place
On average, data breaches cost businesses $3.86 million per incident.
This is why it’s crucial to choose a software company that can provide highly secured solutions. So, make sure to verify how potential candidates plan to keep your data protected and what security measures they have in place.
Step #4: Read Their Reviews
The final step to finding the right partner for your brand is to read their client feedback.
The reviews shed light into these companies’ flexibility, transparency and most important, reliability. You need a partner you can count on in every stage of the development process, from brainstorming to execution and launch.
So, what previous clients say about their own experience with a software company should weigh heavily in your decision.
10 Questions To Ask The Best Software Companies In Utah
Prior to starting a partnership with a software development company in Utah, you should gather all the information available out there to ensure you’re making the right decision for your business.
Further ask them these questions:
- Have you built software for clients within our niche before?
- Can we see some of your best-case studies and most successful products to date?
- What does your development process entail?
- Who from your team will lead our project?
- Which technologies are you most proficient in?
- How do you stay up to date with the latest development trends?
- What is your preferred development method and why?
- How much will the end product cost and should we expect other additional fees?
- Can you provide maintenance and support post-launch?
- Who from your team will be involved in our project and what are their qualifications?
Takeaways On Software Companies In Utah
Utah is a thriving tech hub firmly entrenched in IT and advanced manufacturing. Software companies based there can basically deliver any type of project, but shine in the local industries: energy, healthcare, finance, tourism, aerospace and more.
Utah is also an affordable destination where seasoned IT specialists from across the country have been flocking to in the past years.
So, if you’re seeking for quality software development at market rates, you should definitely consider the state of Utah.
Most software companies operating in Utah charge between $100 and $149.