Table of Contents
- What Makes Mobile App Development Companies in India Unique?
- What Do App Developers in India Specialize in?
- Why Hire a Mobile App Development Company in India?
- How Much Do App Developers in India Charge for Their Services?
- How to Find the Right App Developer in India for Your Business?
- 10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Mobile App Development Company in India
- Takeaways on Mobile App Development Companies in India
What Makes Mobile App Development Companies in India Unique?
India’s mobile app development industry is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world. India has the highest mobile data usage, with approximately 1.18 billion mobile connections.
From 2022, 5G uptake will see annual growth, leading to an increase in 5G smartphones in India, which means an evolution of the digital ecosystem. The smartphone market is expected to reach 1 billion smartphone users in India by 2026, according to Deloitte's 2022 Global Technology, Media and Entertainment, Telecom.
India aims to reach $1 trillion through its digital economy by 2025, which is approximately 20% of the $5 trillion gross domestic product (GDP) target by 2025.
In general, India’s digital economy generates about $200 billion annually from:
- Information technology (IT)
- Business process management (IT-BPM)
- IT-enabled services (ITeS)
- Electronics manufacturing
- Digital payments
- Digital communication services
There are more than 30,000 Indian publishers on Google Play, meaning India makes 3% of all the app publishers. In addition, app developers from India have a higher rating on Google Play (3.93 out of 5 stars compared to the average rating (3.68 out of 5 stars) of apps worldwide.
The number of downloads is also higher than average, with 2.3 million downloads compared to the average of 2.1 million.
Some of the top mobile app development companies in India are:
- Samsung (more than 2.0 billion downloads)
- Smart Media4U (more than 1.99 billion downloads)
- Jio Platforms Limited (more than 1.24 billion downloads)
- Truecaller (more than 980 million downloads)
What Do App Developers in India Specialize in?
Most of the world population (67.1%) uses a mobile phone, with unique users reaching 5.31 billion by the start of 2022. The global number has grown by 1.8% over the past year, with 95 million new users.
This gives immense importance to application development in India and creates a competitive market that needs top-notch educated, and experienced app developers.
In general, many mobile app development companies in India are working on Android and iOS. They have various uses, such as social chat apps and eLearning to fintech and NFT Market.
When it comes to the specialization of the developers themselves, their portfolios range in the following industries:
- Digital supply chain
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud infrastructure
- Enterprise apps
Why Hire a Mobile App Development Company in India?
There are many mobile app development companies in India, working both on a freelance and full-time basis.
They are available for recruitment, and the location is in some of the biggest cities with the most developed digital economy in India, such as New Delhi, Bengaluru, and Mumbai.
In addition, an app developer in India has excellent opportunities for education and experience in the rising industry, creating a competitive market.
This inspired developers to progress in their work habits and accelerate the process of reaching high-quality results:
- App development base: India’s application development industry is expected to grow, and the revenue should reach $1.6 billion in 2022.
- Continuous growth: There is an increase at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% to reach $2.3 billion in 2026. It is also expected that by 2024, India will be able to overtake the US as the country with the most app developer population.
- High app demand: Thousands of enterprises, government agencies, and individual users constitute the consumer base in India. Mobile users have shown preferences for communication, social networking, and gaming apps. The average smartphone user in India has nearly twenty apps on their device.
How Much Do App Developers in India Charge for Their Services?
Depending on the complexity of the project and its features, the application development cost may range from $5,000 to $100,000 or more.
When it comes to hourly rates, an app developer in India can price the work from $18 to $50 per hour, depending on the complexity of the project.
There are several key factors when calculating the price of a mobile development project for your company. The following are the crucial points that you must consider:
Factor 1#: Target Platform
A hybrid app is the best option to build only one app that runs on all mobile platforms and the web. Building Android native apps and iOS individually is more expensive, but the app user experience will be better.
Between hybrid and native development, there is a middle path called cross-platform development. This can allow your app developer in India to reuse more than 80% of the code for both iOS and Android.
Factor #2: Offline Access
In 2022, an application should be developed for offline accessibility with cloud computing and localized caching. This allows app users to access certain features and content even when internet connectivity is unavailable.
Factor #3: App Features
The number of features determines the development cost, but sometimes even a few complicated and advanced features consume a considerable cost. To reduce the initial cost, you can start with the key segments and proceed with other components based on user feedback.
Factor #4: App Architecture
In-app projects have a lot of data and involvement in critical data security measures. This means complex application architecture and backend building that needs additional financial investment. Although creating a custom backend can be expensive, it delivers more control over backend security and operation.
When it comes to safety, it is possible to be safe even when you choose a more affordable backend that delivers ready-made architecture.
Factor #5: Third-party APIs
Most apps have many value-added features that rely on third-party APIs, which also creates a change in costs, and its price structure depends on one team to another. These features can be any of the following:
- Social login
- Payment gateways
- AI algorithms
- Or similar
How to Find the Right App Developer in India for Your Business?
While accessing the resume of potential app developers from India, you should also read their case studies and previous experience with their clients.
To establish the best fitting business partnership for your company, you will have to focus on the required skill set and experience per your project’s requirements.
So, consider these five key steps that you should keep in mind when searching for the company:
Step #1: Have a Basic Knowledge of App Development
You understand what programming languages are being used to develop mobile applications. You should have a basic idea about the platforms and understand your target audience. The complexity of application architecture determines the code’s language.
A quality mobile app development company in India will discuss your project and inform you about your platform and style that can work for you.
Step #2: Look for an Experienced Developer
Look for an experienced development team who can provide concrete results and proven work methodologies.
You can feel free to ask for their:
- Code samples
- Details of their previous work in your industry
Step #3: Aim for Innovation and Creativity
As a business owner, you want your app to stand out from other applications. Hence, innovation is essential in choosing an app developer in India.
Look for a developer or a company ready to walk the extra mile for your project. This always helps in building up a tremendous rapport.
Step #4: Ensure Precise Payment Terms
Remember that you must know the estimated amount before the app-building process starts. It should synchronize with your budget, and it is always better to clarify all the budget points beforehand.
Ensure that there are no hidden costs and be upfront about the price of developing the security system.
Step #5: Communicate Openly
A dedicated mobile app development company in India will know exactly how to design and develop an application but will want all the information about your business and customers.
Therefore, communicate openly about your business requirements and share your opinion about your competitors.
10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Mobile App Development Company in India
- How do you store data on Android and iOS?
- What is the most efficient way for a server to notify an app when new data is available?
- How do you debug your app if your application is already released?
- In what ways and through which communication channels will we interact during the development process?
- Who will be responsible for my company’s mobile app development process?
- Which native solutions and databases are available?
- Can you please describe the process of publishing apps in Apple’s App Store and on Google Play?
- What is your payment structure and terms of payment?
- Do you outsource an app designer, or does our team handle that?
- How do you plan the steps to quality control and testing?
Takeaways on Mobile App Development Companies in India
Building a mobile app can be one of your company's most important technology investments. Remember to double-check the following information when hiring a mobile app development company:
- Firm’s expertise
- Previous clients
- Budget fit
- Past successes and failures
Be sure to hire an Android or iOS app developer in India who will help you succeed in creating the app that fits your business needs ideally.
Best of luck!