Table of Contents
An iPhone app development company is an agency that builds applications for iOS devices including iPhones, iPads and iPods.
These types of agencies exclusively specialize in the iOS technology stack such as:
Regardless of the technology used, the project complexity and client requirements, their job is to ensure the end product fits the user preferences in terms of:
- The apps overall look and feel
- Their ease of use
- Their performance
An iPhone app development company places its efforts on developing:
- Native iOS apps: These are made to run on iOS devices only. As such, they are built with all the operating specifics of the platform and generally work more smoothly. Their development is way faster and even less costly than for Android (thanks to Swift programming language). What’s more, they have more functionalities and fewer glitches which is why they are more stable than…
- Hybrid apps: These are designed for multiple operating systems and, though reaching the audience double the size, are usually less lush with features and functionalities.
As Apple’s array of products continuously diversifies, iOS app developers are met with constant requests to deliver products not only for new versions of iPhones and iPads but for devices such as Apple Watch and Apple TV as well.
Therefore, working with these professional agencies on a joint project can open up a whole new world and be an experience that enriches your company’s insight into your own priorities as well.
What Do iPhone App Development Companies Do?
iPhone app development companies have a well-laid out and detailed plan of action for each stage of the app development process.
Their core responsibilities during each stage include:
- Conceiving the idea with the client and delivering the product: This means making iOS apps for a diverse range of Apple products and all subsequently adjusting them for each new version that rolls out. However, transparency of the process, careful planning and synergy of thoughts and ideas with the client (ie: you) is a preferable way to do it – not making decisions unilaterally.
- Focusing on user experience: An iPhone app development company conducts thorough market research to dive into the habits and desires of users. This allows them to create products that are both easy to use and engaging.
- Performing QA testing: They test functionalities and features for bugs and errors during the development process, before and after the release. This process will promote efficiency, ensure an intuitive user experience, boost customer satisfaction and sales.
- Offering technical support: Once the product is out, the overseeing never stops. You should feel at ease and confident enough so that whenever your app experiences issues, the developer’s team of specialists is at your disposal to jump in whenever needed to take care of the problem.
How Much Do iPhone App Development Services Cost?
Two major factors that will influence the cost of iOS app development services are:
- The location of the company of your choice (onshore or offshore)
- The sheer complexity of the app you plan to build (basic middle or complex)
We could add some secondary factors as well which would be:
- The sophistication of app design
- App’s administrative part (backend)
- Company profile (whether it’s a new start-up or a well-versed industry veteran)
- Company’s team size
- The time needed to develop the app from scratch
As for the particular app-building cost itself, depending on all of the above, the range can be very wide, from $2,000 to $300,000.
On average, businesses will pay around $50,000 to launch a sturdy, reliable iOS app.
If you’re on a tight budget or at least trying to spend as little as possible, research into what functionalities and features you really need is necessary.
A good iPhone app development company will help you determine that and provide their suggestions for a well-functioning app that has everything it needs with no excess stuff.
The tricky thing here may be defining the time frame needed to finalize the iOS app product. Depending on the complexity of it, this might be broken down as follows:
- 400-750 hours for a simple functionality application
- 750-1100 hours for medium complexity application
- Well over 1200 hours for apps of high complexity
Different iOS app developers have different hourly rates. They start at $10 and can go above $200 per hour.
Why Should You Hire iOS App Developers?
These are the top three reasons to hire an iPhone app development company:
Reason #1: Keep Sensitive Data Secure
Smartphone users are projected to grow to 3.8 billion in 2021. (Newzoo)
With the number of mobile users booming, hackers now focus their attacks on smartphones and tablets rather than on desktops and laptops.
And, when compared to iOS, Android devices are more vulnerable.
Why is this so?
Well, while iOS is a closed operating system, Android relies on open source code. It means that Android owners who have the technical expertise can modify the code on their own devices.
The iOS operating system, on the other hand, does not release its source code to developers. This is why iPhones are less prone to hacker attacks.
However, while iOS is more secure than Android, it doesn’t mean that devices like iPhones iPads and iPods are safe from cybercriminals.
It is more difficult to hack an iOS product, but not impossible. And one of the easiest ways malware can happen is through mobile applications.
This highlights the fact that all iOS apps should be highly secured.
Partnering with a professional iPhone app development company will ensure the highest level of security of your app and keep your data safe from external threats.
Reason #2: Enhance Customer Experience
According to MoEngage, as many as 56% of users uninstall applications within the
first seven days of installing them.
Some of the primary reasons for this are:
- Apps do not live up to the users’ expectations
- Users are concerned about their security
- Apps require a lot of space and load slow
- Users receive too many push notifications
- Apps consume too much data
Unlike most Android apps, iPhone products are developed based on:
- Stainless standards of hardware
- Flawless software functions
So, users downloading apps from Apple’s app store can be assured that they function smoothly.
This is why, based on the same research, Apple devices have a user retention rate of 92.9%, which is the highest than of any other device.
While iOS app developers have the technical expertise to develop a fast and fully functional app, they can also help you increase engagement and user retention by:
- Using push notifications properly
- Run retargeted advertisements
- Send in-app personalized messages
- Leveraging machine learning for recommendations
- And more
Reason #3: Enjoy Higher App Revenue
While Android devices have overtaken the market with a share of 72.92%, iPhone applications drive a higher return on investment (ROI).
In the first half of 2020, the App Store generated a total of $32.8 billion globally. The revenue came from:
- In-app purchases
- Premium apps and games
The apps on Google Play Store, on the other hand, generated $17.3 billion which is almost twice less than the revenue iOS apps received.
These numbers indicate that iOS app owners can make a higher profit than Android app owners.
However, for organizations to enjoy a higher income and expanded ROI, they need to:
- Invest in a professional development
- Ensure an engaging user experience
- Incorporate the latest trends and technologies
...which is something that the best iPhone app development companies on our list specialize in.
Taking advantage of their market know-how and technical skills, you can get a cutting-edge app that will push your business forward.
How To Choose The Best iOS App Developers
Ultimately, when deciding on the best iOS app developers, consider the following:
- If they can retain your brand identity with their product
- How open they are to working closely with you on product’s every aspect
- How they delegate duties and how specialized their team is to tackle the task
- How passionate they feel about your very app idea
To make your search easier and less stressful, take the following steps when screening the best iPhone app development companies:
- Decide on a native or hybrid app: You might feel compelled to create an app that’s good for any other OS besides Apple’s iOS. However, think twice before choosing to create a hybrid app. You might think that reaching twice the audience is a no-brainer, but there may be some ramifications when going it this way.
- Understand their industry expertise: Portfolios are the best proof of an iPhone app development company’s previous work. They will help you find out what type of projects the prospective agencies have worked on in the past. It is advisable to select partners that have served clients in your industry before since they will have a better understanding of your audience, competition, market trends, challenges and opportunities. This will ultimately result in faster project delivery.
- Check their credibility: Client feedback in the form of reviews will show you how reliable and credible each agency is. They will also reveal key info like how flexible they are when it comes to pricing, what their company culture is like, which will help you envision your future partnership.
- Ask about post-launch support: Once released, apps need to be regularly maintained and updated to ensure they are free of bugs and issues. Robust post-launch support plays a key role in the long-term success of your product since it will contribute to an intuitive user experience. So, make sure you only consider iPhone app development companies that are able to invest in a long-term partnership.
10 Questions To Ask iOS App Developers
As a final method of making sure you are deciding correctly when opting for one iOS app developer over all others, here is a list of questions you should ask them regarding their process, habits and values:
- Have you ever worked on a similar project or on a project of similar scope?
- Do you have a track record of working with clients or a portfolio of works that can be aligned with our needs and ideas?
- How experienced is your team doing this kind of work?
- Is there a project manager that will make sure the project is kept on track?
- What is the emergency crisis plan in case something unplanned happens near the end of a project (with due date approaching)?
- How flexible is your team regarding some on-the-go changes and new ideas that may come from our end?
- Can we expect a post-release analysis and success estimate (and suggestions for improvements)?
- How do you determine your price and how will cost change with new obstacles encountered on the way to app release?
- Will our team have their say in the app’s development process?
- How often will we communicate?
Takeaways On iPhone App Development Companies
iPhone app development companies help businesses like yours come up with a great idea and turn it into a cutting-edge product that generates engagement and sales.
The cost of their services starts at $10 per hour.
You should partner with an iOS app developer to:
- Keep your sensitive data secure
- Enhance customer experience
- Enjoy higher revenue
To select the best partner successfully:
- Decide on a native or hybrid app
- Understand their industry expertise
- Check their credibility
- Ask about post-launch support
Best of luck!