Table of Contents
- What Makes PR Firms In Atlanta Unique
- What Services Do Public Relations Firms In Atlanta Provide?
- How Much Does An Atlanta Public Relations Firm Charge For Their Services?
- Why Should You Outsource PR In Atlanta?
- How To Choose The Right PR Agency In Atlanta
- 10 Questions To Ask Atlanta Public Relations Agencies
- Takeaways On PR Firms In Atlanta
What Makes PR Firms In Atlanta Unique
PR firms in Atlanta differ from their counterparts in other corners of the world by these key features:
Feature #1: Atlanta Attracts Ambitious Young Talents From Across The Country
Atlanta is among the best 20 cities for young professionals in the United States. Niche created this ranking based on a few factors such as the number of job opportunities, millennial residents and affordable housing.
Furthermore, the popular job search engine, Indeed, ranks Atlanta as one of the best cities for jobs, especially for recent graduates.
Apart from the plenty of job openings and a median annual salary of $54,110 according to Indeed, Atlanta enjoys an affordable cost of living which is why it has become a magnet for young talents.
As for the public relations field, there are currently 432 PR job openings in the area from noteworthy companies like AT&T, Honeywell, Salesforce and more.
By all means, Atlanta is attracting ambitious young professionals from all over the States, including ready-to-work PR graduates who want to bring their A-game to this ever-expanding industry.
In all likelihood, a PR agency in Atlanta is populated with determined employees at the beginning of their professional pathways, eager to deliver superior results and nothing less.
Feature #2: Atlanta Employs Skilled PR Specialists
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics provides data to support that PR firms in Atlanta employ highly skilled public relations specialists.
Atlanta is one of the top 20 metropolitan areas with the highest employment level in PR specialists, right next to San Francisco and Houston. As many as 4,890 people worked in this field in 2020.
This indicates that some of the finest PR experts are based in Georgia’s capital. Therefore, they can surely offer nationally competitive services.
Feature #3: Atlanta Is Home To Several Growing Industries
A number of growing industries push the city’s economy forward, including:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Healthcare IT
- Logistics and supply chain
Unlike their peers around the world, public relations firms in Atlanta tend to inherently develop knowledge in these predominant sectors.
Serving local clients first and foremost has enabled them to gather insights into:
- The local business environment
- Market trends
- Industry key players
- Main competitors
- Local challenges and opportunities
- Local audiences’ needs, pain points and online behavior
- And more
With these unique data and insights under their belt, Atlanta’s PR experts are better positioned to create effective strategies for brands operating in these main industries.
What Services Do Public Relations Firms In Atlanta Provide?
PR firms in Atlanta provide a wide range of services aimed towards:
- Strengthening brand image
- Increasing brand awareness
- Maintaining a positive public image
- Fostering good media relationships
- Generating product awareness
- Growing the audience
- And many more
Some of their essential services are:
- Media relations
- Public affairs
- Consumer research
- Corporate communications
- Crisis management
- Reputation management
- Event marketing
- Employee relations
- Content development
- Social media
- Influencer marketing
- And many more
How Much Does An Atlanta Public Relations Firm Charge For Their Services?
Atlanta public relations firms typically price their services on hourly rates. They have an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.
If you’re looking for premium services in Atlanta, you can find agencies charging between $150 and $300 per hour.
Other billing alternatives may be:
- The cost per project – Local PR companies accept projects anywhere between $1,000 to $50,000.
- The flat fee – This type of fee allows you to pay for specific services like:
- Content marketing (starting from $1,000/month on average)
- Social media marketing (starting from $500 /month on average)
- The results-based fee – Choosing this type of billing will enable you to pay your agency partner only when they deliver the promised results. These differ according to your unique business objectives such as increasing:
- Media mentions
- Social media impressions
- Quality leads
- Website traffic
- And more
Why Should You Outsource PR In Atlanta?
Here are three specific reasons why you should consider hiring a public relations firm in Atlanta:
Reason #1: Work With Both Seasoned And Young PR Specialists
Boasting a wealth of PR job openings and affordable living expenses, Atlanta draws aspiring millennials who are ready to grow their careers and bring value to the PR industry.
Moreover, Georgia’s capital is one of the leading metro areas hosting a large population of PR experts.
Hence, a PR agency in Atlanta offers an interesting mix of seasoned and young PR specialists. They can provide their perspectives and help you implement a strategic plan to maintain a strong brand image and find new, creative ways to differentiate your brand in a competitive marketplace.
Reason #2: Leverage Their Local Market Insights
PR firms in Atlanta are keen observers of the local business ecosystem — how the local market works and how different local communities respond to brand messaging.
They could take your businesses in front of the right audiences, at the right time, leveraging all the proper online channels. They could propel your business to success, precisely if you operate in one of the area’s leading industries.
Reason #3: Benefit From Their Accessible Hourly Rates
As the cost of living in Atlanta is lower than in other major PR hubs across the nation, the local PR agencies are likely to offer more affordable prices for their services.
Given that Atlanta is home to a large community of skilled PR experts, rest assured that PR companies based here can also provide high-quality services throughout.
How To Choose The Right PR Agency In Atlanta
Choosing the right Atlanta PR agency from a sea of providers can be tedious. We suggest that you take these essential steps to make your research a lot easier.
Step #1: Outline Your Objectives
Before seeking any agencies to partner with, be sure to have well-defined objectives. Identify how a PR firm can help you achieve your business goals.
This first step will help you cut down the list to a few potential agencies that offer the exact package of services you need and hold substantial expertise in the particular aspect of PR that you need help with.
Step #2: Identify Their Areas Of Expertise
Researching the firms’ main areas of expertise is the second factor you must take into account.
PR encompasses many other disciplines like digital marketing, advertising, public affairs, social media and more.
Some PR firms in Atlanta specialize in one or a few related services while others simply focus on a specific aspect of PR.
This is why it’s key to determine their core areas of expertise and select an agency partner that can meet your business needs and goals.
Step #3: Explore Their Work
Peruse their previous projects, best-case studies and list of clients to discover their level of creativity, quality of work, industry expertise and more.
To help ensure that you achieve all of your PR goals and get the measurable results you are looking for, choose an agency that has managed similar brands or projects in the past. Their knowledge of the market landscape, target audiences and relevant media outlets could deliver more successful results.
Step #4: Read Their Reviews
Finally and most importantly, reading reviews will provide you with valuable information and insight that you can’t get anywhere else.
These are written by their former clients, so they will reflect on their strengths and weaknesses. Make sure to closely read all feedback to reveal insights into their reliability, processes, transparency, leadership, planning and more.
10 Questions To Ask Atlanta Public Relations Agencies
Be sure to ask these key questions during your one-on-one interviews with a PR agency in Atlanta:
- Have you managed accounts for similar clients?
- Can you show us some of your most successful projects?
- What do you think about our PR goals? Are they relevant to our industry and current position on the market?
- Will you conduct research into our audience, competition and market before starting your strategic PR plan?
- On what media outlets should we promote our business?
- Is your network of contacts extensive and relevant to our business?
- Who will lead our account? How much time will you spend working on our account?
- How frequently will you update us on your activities and progress?
- How do you stay on top of the latest trends and practices in the public relations industry?
- What type of project management software do you use to keep the project on track?
Takeaways On PR Firms In Atlanta
As previously mentioned, Atlanta is home to a large pool of skilled PR specialists — seasoned and young professionals alike. Outsourcing your project to a local agency will give you access to their expertise, tools and high-quality services.
PR firms in Atlanta stand out from their U.S competitors by these key features:
- Competitive and enthusiastic PR experts
- Valuable insights into the local market
- Quality services at market rates
They tend to be highly equipped to deliver successful PR campaigns for businesses within the locally dominant industries: advanced manufacturing, fintech, healthcare information technology and more.
These agencies typically charge between $100 and $149 per hour.
To find your PR agency in Atlanta, follow these few steps:
- Determine your goals
- Identify the agencies’ expertise
- Explore their portfolios
- Read their reviews
Best of luck!