Content is the foundation of all other elements of digital marketing. It is the fuel that powers a company’s branding, social media efforts, and search engine optimization (SEO) success.
Having a cohesive strategy to guide content development at your company is key to the success of your business in the current digital landscape. Identifying a trustworthy content marketing agency is the first step to achieving your content goals. Separating the best content agencies from the merely competent ones is a matter of assessing their values and differentiating factors. Key differentiators include:
● Audience awareness - Does the agency do the requisite research early on during a campaign to understand the client’s target audience? How does this research inform their recommendations and approach?
● Guided by data - Does the agency make recommendations that are based on data? Do they use data on an ongoing basis to hone and improve their campaigns?
● A marriage of quality and quantity - Does the agency focus on churning out high quantities of mediocre content just for the sake of it? Or are they focused on creating truly unique, quality content on a regular basis?
● Creatively focused - Who are the writers employed by the agency? What are their skill sets and how will they be involved in your project?
● Goals-driven - How does the agency plan to measure their success? What goals will they set and how often will progress be assessed?
● Skilled at promotion - Does the agency have the requisite skill to both develop and promote the client’s content to achieve maximum reach?