Table of Contents
- What Is A Content Marketing Agency?
- What Do Content Marketing Agencies Do?
- How Much Do Content Marketing Companies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire A Content Marketing Agency?
- 5 Reasons To Employ Professional Content Marketing Services
- How To Choose The Best Content Marketing Company For Your Business
- Top Qualities Of The Best Content Marketing Agencies
- 20 Questions To Ask When Interviewing Content Marketing Companies
- Ready To Partner With A Content Marketing Firm? Here’s One Last Tip To Bear In Mind Before You Sign The Contract
A content marketing agency is a company that specializes in strategic content creation and distribution across digital channels.
They develop content strategically to:
- Enhance every stage of the digital marketing funnel
- Engage users and increase brand awareness as well as recognition
- Fuel SEO
They also distribute content strategically to optimize reach.
These agencies typically build expertise in developing content for:
- Social Media
- Paid ads
- And more
What Do Content Marketing Agencies Do?
These companies offer professional content marketing services that include but are not limited to::
- Content marketing audit: Inspecting and evaluating existing content on client’s websites. This includes written and visual content placed on the homepages, landing pages, blogs, About Us pages, Terms & Conditions pages and more. The goal is to find the strengths and weaknesses of the customer in order to develop a strategy and come up with ideas for improvement.
- Content marketing strategy: Crafting a tailored strategy that focuses on the target market of the client. The best content marketing agencies in the USA also research the buyer persona and find the best methods to reach the right audience.
- Content creation: Creating, editing and publishing written and visual content that is SEO optimized, authentic, reliable and of high-quality to earn the trust of the audience.
- Content distribution: Sharing and promoting the published content across different platforms to increase brand awareness. Thereby, several types of marketing are incorporated such as email marketing and viral marketing.
- Performance measurement: Providing clients with analytical reports which include data that measures the performance of the strategy and how well the content does on the websites and platforms where it is shared.
Content does much more than just fulfilling your website pages. It:
- Provides value to readers
- Builds trust in your brand
- Generates more conversions. In fact, 72% of marketers say it has increased the number of leads.
Here are some of the best performing types of content that these companies produce:
- Blog posts: Studies show that websites that blog are 13x more likely to generate positive ROI. So, blogging is one of the most effective types of content, especially for small businesses that want to increase their brand awareness. By using the right keywords and focusing on SEO best practices, content marketing agencies help businesses rank higher on search engines and be visible to their target audience.
- Infographics: Content marketing specialists also incorporate infographics into their strategies. They are educational and provide useful information to the readers. This type of content is highly engaging as well, and in 2018, it brought marketers an engagement increase of 40%. (Social Media Today)
- Videos: Visual content is easier to process and is more engaging than text. In fact, according to HubSpot, 54% of consumers like to see branded videos online. Thereby, content marketing companies also create compelling videos that increase engagement and generate more leads.
- Case studies: This is another type of effective content marketing since people love reading stories simply because they are niche-specific and explain how a problem is solved. They make businesses trustworthy and lead to more conversions.
- eBooks: They also provide readers with some sort of information that answers a certain question or solves a problem. eBooks are valuable and brands use them to build meaningful relationships with their audiences.
How Much Do Content Marketing Companies Charge For Their Services?
The cost of content marketing services will differ from agency to agency and will depend on the following factors:
- The project scope
- The number of content marketers involved
- The type of content marketing services you need
- Third-party charges such as paid advertising
- The agency reputation (awards, brand-name clients and more)
Most of these companies price their services on hourly rates.
So, content marketing agencies in the US could charge you between $50 – $275 per hour.
Working with a content marketing firm located in Eastern Europe will cost you less. In such a case, you might pay about $25 – $75 per hour.
Why Hire A Content Marketing Agency?
Content marketing agencies are able to put together a piece of content that is relevant to every stage of the conversion funnel.
This is why they provide your business with great value.
But, that’s not all.
Here are a few more reasons why you should definitely consider hiring a content marketing agency:
- Professional market research: These companies are experts in creating content that sells. Before they start developing it, they focus on your target market. They research your audience’s behavior to prioritize content types and channels.
- Premium tools: They use a set of marketing tools that allow them to create better content strategies. Having access to them can help you outperform your competition and steal their clients.
- Analytical reports: Content specialists create different reports that focus on user behavior and content performance. So, partnering with a content marketing agency will also mean getting analytical reports that will help you understand how well your website pages are performing and what improvements should be done.
- The latest trends: Content marketing agencies are always on the top of the emerging trends. They will make sure your content is always up-to-date to keep the attention and loyalty of the target market.
Content marketing is a cost-effective investment. The sooner you start nurturing your website with high-quality visuals and text, the quicker you will see the desired results.
5 Reasons To Employ Professional Content Marketing Services
At this point, you might be wondering what are the actual benefits of hiring a content marketing firm.
You are about to invest your time and money in one of them, so you should know what the possible results may be.
Here are the top five benefits that considering content marketing services carries:
- Improved search engine rankings: Content marketers are also SEO experts. They include the best SEO practices in their strategies and optimize your website to perform better on the search engines while improving your rankings.
- Increased website traffic: Ranking higher on search engines, including Google, naturally, increases your website traffic. In fact, the #1 search result in Google, receives 31.7% of all clicks. The best content marketing agencies create strategies that help your website increase the number of visitors.
- High-quality leads: By producing audience-focused content that is based on the needs of your target market, your agency generates high-quality prospects as well. These are the people that are more likely to convert and make a purchase.
- Higher credibility and brand loyalty: Developing content that answers questions and solves problems builds trust among the readers. This is why these agencies also create relevant content that provides your visitors with value. If they are satisfied with what they read and see, they become loyal clients who always return.
- More conversions: Studies show that companies that share content increase their conversion rates 6 times higher than their competition. By creating valuable content, the best content marketing agencies can help you outperform your competition and drive more conversions.
How To Choose The Best Content Marketing Company For Your Business
Here are a few factors that you should consider once you start your search for the best content marketing firm:
Step #1: Meet The Team
When you hire a great content marketing agency, you’re gaining access to the top marketing and creative professionals who can create branded content that will improve awareness and increase conversions.
Therefore, look beyond an agency’s industry reputation and take a hard look at the experts who will be working on your project.
Learn how dedicated each team member will be to your brand, what role they will fill, and the successful and unsuccessful projects they have previously worked on. Then, determine who your point of contact and/or project manager will be.
Step #2: Assess Their Experience With Brand Identity
Great content marketing agencies in the United States are well-versed in building content in line with a brand's voice and visual identity.
This consistency in brand representation is key to build awareness, retention and trust.
Assimilating to a brand’s identity is a multi-step process and should include elements such as proper images and graphics, correct copywriting and tone of voice and developing content for the most-used channels.
Step #3: Understand Their Processes
An organized, streamlined process matters for content marketing success -- and the best agencies already have them enacted.
Ask any potential partners to give you an in-depth insight into how they develop a strategy, communicate with a client and even collaborate with departments on complicated initiatives.
Then, discover how you as the client will fit into this process. Will they need a lot of information, legwork, or even content creation from you? Or will they be handling everything completely and simply providing you with updates?
Step #4: Review Their Previous Experience
The best content marketing agencies have a large portfolio and client roster to share with you, demonstrating their expertise. These prior projects are a strong indicator of both the quality of work and results that an agency can provide.
Don’t just take the projects at face value, though. Instead, as agencies who the team members were, what were the most difficult aspects, what they learned, and what the final results for the client were.
Top Qualities Of The Best Content Marketing Agencies
There’s little doubt that we are living in the golden age of content. The internet has been a boon for content in all different types of media.
Blogs, Twitter, podcasts, YouTube -- all these relatively new content channels exist because of the internet. Plus, they have opened the door for brands to communicate with greater numbers of consumers in ways that would have been unthinkable only a few decades ago.
Therefore, finding the right content marketing company is half the battle. But by taking a look at the way different companies position themselves, you can get a sense for which ones will make the best fit.
With that in mind, here are some of the top differentiating factors of the best content marketing companies:
Quality #1: They Know Their Audience
Creating content is easy, but creating truly quality content that speaks to your target audience is a major challenge.
Any content marketer can churn out mediocre articles that hit an arbitrary word count and technically fulfill the terms of their contract, but only exceptional content marketing companies have the expertise to create something useful and enduring.
Always look for a partner that emphasizes the strategy behind their content creation process. They should be able to speak clearly about how they determine the appropriate audience for the articles and media they produce.
Quality #2: They Are Guided By Data
These days, most companies have more customer analytics and data than they know what to do with. With so much data at our fingertips, there’s no excuse to not use it to generate insights that can power better, more targeted content marketing campaigns.
Content marketing companies take a methodical approach to their content strategies, relying on hard data to inform their recommendations and they’re not afraid to pivot their tactics if necessary.
Look for companies that emphasize their ability to incorporate audience data into their approach to the work they do for you.
Quality #3: They Focus On Quality, Not Quantity
Content creation is tricky because it is both a quality and a quantity game. It’s probably not enough, for example, to produce one single piece of good content per year (unless you happen to be a Hollywood director or a novelist), but you also don’t want to fall into the trap of producing mediocre work just to keep the freshness factor up.
A healthy combination of quality and quantity is required. The best content marketing agencies know that, and they are skilled in putting together calendars that will keep the content machine rolling on a consistent basis.
Their main focus, however, is in developing a quality product, and they will emphasize this over all else. A company that advocates pushing out mediocre content just to get something out the door is one you should avoid at all costs.
Quality #4: They Are Pros At Promotion
Getting content created is a major element of the content marketing process, but it’s not the end of the story. For content to generate results, it has to be seen by the right audience, and they aren’t going to spontaneously discover it if it isn’t properly promoted.
The best content marketing companies are experts at both content development and content promotion. They will strategize ways to ensure the content they develop is thoroughly promoted in the ways that are most likely to reach and appeal to your desired consumers.
20 Questions To Ask When Interviewing Content Marketing Companies
- What type of content marketing services do you offer?
- How will you develop a content strategy for my business?
- Do you have experience in working with clients in my industry?
- Have you ever served any of my competitors?
- What results have you delivered?
- What type of content do you produce?
- How will you determine our business goals?
- What do you think our strengths and weaknesses are?
- Do you optimize the content for SEO?
- How will you promote the content that you will develop for us?
- How will you measure content performance?
- Will you provide me with analytical reports?
- What metrics will they include?
- Which content marketing tools do you use?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest content marketing trends?
- Who of your team will work on our project?
- Will we be involved and how?
- How often should we communicate?
- How do you charge?
- How much will our project cost exactly?
Ready To Partner With A Content Marketing Firm? Here’s One Last Tip To Bear In Mind Before You Sign The Contract
Once you inspect all of the best content marketing agencies and pick your trusted partner there is one more thing that you should consider before signing the contract.
That is to define your goals!
What content marketing services you will need will mainly depend on what you want to achieve.
So, think about your objectives and what part of your brand you want to improve with the help of a content marketing firm.