Table of Contents
- What Makes Software Companies In Philadelphia Unique?
- What Do Philadelphia Software Development Companies Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Software Companies In Philadelphia?
- How Much Do Philadelphia Software Development Companies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire Software Companies In Philadelphia?
- How To Select The Best Philadelphia Software Development Company
- 10 Questions To Ask Software Companies In Philadelphia
- Takeaways On Software Companies In Philadelphia
What Makes Software Companies In Philadelphia Unique?
Software companies in Philadelphia provide standard software services to businesses of all stripes, including:
- Database management
- IT consultancy
- Network setup and support
- And more
However, what makes Philadelphia software development companies unique is their highly educated talent.
45% of people living in Philadelphia have a college degree. This means Philadelphia-based companies host bright and well-trained software developers who can offer internationally competitive services.
In addition, these firms manifest a deep experience in the locally dominant industries:
- Professional and business services
- Trade and transportation
- And more
Therefore, unlike their US peers, software companies in Philadelphia are well-equipped to develop custom solutions for clients operating in these sectors.
Moreover, Philadelphia is home to several Fortune 500 brands, some of the most prominent being:
- AmerisourceBergen Corp.
- Campbell Soup
- And more
Serving leading companies like these, software companies in Philadelphia use the latest tools and technologies to deliver products of the highest quality.
What Do Philadelphia Software Development Companies Specialize In?
Local companies offer end-to-end software development services, some of the most popular being:
1. Custom Software Development
Philadelphia software development companies provide custom services, from personalized platforms for mobile devices or websites to tailored software solutions that solve a particular business problem, most often a one-of-a-kind solution that caters to a specific niche.
These customized solutions facilitate certain tasks within an organization, improve workflows, streamline processes, optimize productivity and more.
A few examples of custom-built software are:
- Exclusive mobile applications and websites
- Recruiting software designed to streamline the hiring process
- Accounting software that a company developed only for themselves, without resorting to a third party
- And more
2. Website Development
Software companies in Philadelphia also offer web design and development services.
They have teams of information architects, web designers, backend and frontend developers who work together to deliver a high-performance digital platform.
Though website design is a separate area of specialty, many Philadelphia software development companies employ designers to meet their clients’ demand for end-to-end execution.
3. Mobile App Development
Philadelphia software developers are also well-equipped to design, build and launch tailor-made applications for mobile devices.
These specialists manage the development process from top to bottom, as follows:
- Define information architecture, design the flow and user experience
- Design the user interface
- Develop the frontend and backend
- Launch the mobile app and publish it on App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore and more
- Offer long-term maintenance and support
4. Customer Relationship Management Systems
Customer relationship management systems (CRMs) enable businesses to properly manage their customer data and facilitate internal communication as well as securely store information.
These are backed by customized or off-the-shelf software and are typically used for client account management or customer service.
Software companies in Philadelphia can go a step forward and customize CRM software solutions to accommodate businesses’ particular needs and integrate flawlessly with their current programs.
5. Other Services You Can Outsource To Software Companies In Philadelphia
Philadelphia software development companies offer additional services such as:
- IT networking
- Cloud development
- Intranet development
- IoT solutions
- Wearable technology
- AR/VR solutions
- Big data solutions
- And more
What Are The Different Types Of Software Companies In Philadelphia?
Software companies in Philadelphia can be divided into a few different groups, based on:
- The solutions they offer: Some software firms based in Philadelphia focus on creating unique websites or mobile apps while others are skilled in developing complex operating systems or offer services such as cloud computing, data science, AI, IoT and more.
- The industries they serve: Some Philadelphia software development firms specialize in building software for a few industries such as government, education, healthcare, IT, finance, trade and transportation and more.
How Much Do Philadelphia Software Development Companies Charge For Their Services?
For the most part, software development companies in Philadelphia bill their services by the hour. As such, they charge between $100 and $149.
Therefore, the cost for software services in Philadelphia is set based on the number of hours they spend developing your custom software.
The price varies greatly from one firm to another and depends on:
- Your project’s level of complexity
- How many developers take part in your project
- The number of hours involved
Why Hire Software Companies In Philadelphia?
Don’t hesitate to hire software companies in Philadelphia to develop a custom software infused with the precise features and functionality your business needs in order to maximize performance, productivity or efficiency.
Considering that professional software firms can specifically design a solution just for your unique business goals, you can gain a competitive edge over your competitors and stand out from the crowd.
Let’s have a look at three key reasons why you should consider outsourcing software services in Philadelphia:
- Access to first-rate talent: Philadelphia hosts over 100 educational institutions attracting top-notch talent from across the nation. This results in a highly skilled workforce that can provide competitive output.
- Services at market rates: Philadelphia enjoys a lower cost of living than other major east-coast software hubs like New York. This means software companies based there offer equal quality of services at more affordable hourly rates.
- Local market experience: Operating in the same ecosystem for a long time, Philadelphia software development companies can offer unique insights into the local market that could benefit your business. Plus, they are well-trained to develop high-quality products for clients activating in the locally dominant sectors: education, healthcare, finance, government and more.
How To Select The Best Philadelphia Software Development Company
Before starting to seek the best software developers for your brand, you must outline your objectives and define how a custom-built solution will help you in achieving them.
Then, to find the perfect partner for your business, make sure you consider these key aspects:
- Previous work: Explore their portfolios to see if they have managed to develop solutions of the highest quality and helped clients meet their business goals. Their past projects will also reveal if they have experience in your niche and have developed solutions for similar business problems.
- Communication: Make sure to select a software company in Philadelphia that stipulates clear communication channels, time management and the main person of contact. They should keep you informed on every step of the development process, from brainstorming to launching your software. This will ensure your project stays on track and turns successful in the end.
- Reviews: Skim through their reviews to gain insights into these companies’ flexibility, transparency and most of all, reliability. If their previous clients are happy with the result, you will be more confident in making your decision.
10 Questions To Ask Software Companies In Philadelphia
Before you choose the most suitable candidate for your brand, be sure to ask them these ten questions:
- What is your core area of expertise?
- Which technologies do you excel in?
- Which software development methodology do you use?
- What type of project management tools do you use?
- How do you stay on top of the latest development trends?
- Who from your team will be working on our project and what are their level of experience?
- Have you developed solutions for clients within our niche?
- Who will be our main point of contact?
- How much will our project cost?
- How can our team help yours?
Takeaways On Software Companies In Philadelphia
Philadelphia enjoys a well-educated workforce, so software companies based there are sure to offer only the best quality of services.
They provide value to companies seeking quality software services on a budget. So, they would be an ideal partner for small to medium businesses or startups.
They are more experienced in developing custom products for clients within the locally dominant sectors: healthcare, education, government, finance and more.
What sets apart Philadelphia software development companies from their US colleagues are these special elements:
- Access to top-notch talent
- Services at market rates
- Local market know-how
To find the right partner for your organization, be sure to look into their previous projects, their reviews as well as their communication skills.
Most software companies in Philadelphia have an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.
Best of luck!