Table of Contents
- What Is A VR & Augmented Reality Company?
- What Do AR & VR Companies Do?
- How Much Do AR & Virtual Reality Developers Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire A Trusted Virtual Reality Company?
- How To Choose The Best VR & Augmented Reality Company For Your Business
- 20 Questions To Ask AR & Virtual Reality Developers
- Takeaways On VR & Augmented Reality Companies
A VR & augmented reality company is an agency that designs, implements, and maintains VR and AR technology to help brands promote interactivity and create engaging experiences.
They improve the physical world by creating different visual, auditory and other sensory components using technology.
These help brands highlight specific features and develop more personalized experiences as well as increase customer engagement.
Artificial and augmented reality technology can be integrated into a wide range of platforms, designs and mediums.
AR & virtual reality developers can create these experiences across a wide range of digital designs to help you achieve a given business goal, whether that’s increased traffic, boosted conversions or a more positive employee experience.
What Do AR & VR Companies Do?
The core services of VR & augmented reality companies include but are not limited to:
- Market research: These specialized agencies understand the makeup of your audience, the competitive landscape and your brand as a whole. Then, they determine your objectives and what you want this virtual reality technology to achieve. Proper market research conducted with the help of cutting-edge tools will ensure your AR company comes up with the right plan that makes a project successful.
- Strategy: The first step in any good process is defining a strategy. This is a must-have for any project - whether you’re creating a new website, launching a digital marketing campaign or crafting VR integrations and products. This strategizing phase puts your project plan on paper (or screen). It gives VR developers a roadmap to follow that will lead them to objective completion and goal-reaching.
- Prototype design: This process will begin on paper before the model is created. The prototype is the first step in creating a tangible experience for users to interact with, and it is this prototype that virtual reality companies test, tweak and transform until you are happy with the outcome.
- Business building and branding: Augmented reality companies use these technical designs to help you promote your brand to your employees and prospective clients. Interactive experiences foster excitement and engagement. Therefore, these integrations in the form of onboarding experiences, promotional booths and more, boost your brand on a consumer and a corporate level.
- QA testing: This process makes certain that a product, device or feature makes a positive impact on the user. Before brands launch AR products or fully integrate VR technologies into strategy, it’s important that augmented reality companies thoroughly test them. This ensures an engaging experience that promotes customer loyalty.
- Support and maintenance: Your Ar & VR company will stick with you long after they’ve created and launched your augmented reality technology. Once your product is live, your partner will continue managing and monitoring this technology to fix bugs, answer key consumer pain points and add integrations that keep up with the evolving technology market.
How Much Do AR & Virtual Reality Developers Charge For Their Services?
The most common fee among virtual reality developers is the cost per hour. It usually ranges between $25 and $150.
However, in some instances, you can come across rates that go as low as $14 per hour in Eastern Europe and as high as $270 per hour in North America.
Obviously, the more complex the project is, the more you can expect to pay.
A few other factors that will dictate this cost are:
- Agency stature
- Agency size
- Agency location
Another alternative that virtual reality companies will offer is the cost per project. AR companies typically accept projects valued at $10,000-$50,000. However, some of them can undertake projects estimated at $1,000.
Why Hire A Trusted Virtual Reality Company?
An increased number of businesses invest in AR & VR services to take advantage of their benefits.
As a result, the demand for AR & VR talent was up by 1400% in 2019.
Virtual and augmented reality are two rapidly growing fields of technology that can have major impacts on your business.
They can aid internal communications and business operations as well as promote your brand to a wider audience and establish your credibility in the competitive field.
However, these complex systems require a strategic approach and technical expertise, meaning not everyone can create them.
You need dedicated professionals to help create a strategy, develop a product and launch it successfully so that you can hit all of your business growth goals and objectives.
This is where VR & augmented reality companies come in handy.
They have the relevant expertise and experience to create high-end VR technology or AR elements that can help your business:
- Create an interactive user experience
- Personalize content to your audience’s particular needs
- Influence consumers’ buying decisions
In fact, consumers love virtual and augmented reality because they impact every sphere of life while allowing them to solve specific problems.
So, it’s no wonder the number of VR users in the US is estimated to reach 95.1 million by 2022.
Your brand should take advantage of this and let a professional company create interactive experiences to reach these users and encourage engagement.
How To Choose The Best VR & Augmented Reality Company For Your Business
While the search process for the best VR & AR company can be tricky, we’ve put together five key steps that will make this task less stressful:
Step #1: Check Their Portfolios, Case Studies And Reviews
To make sure you’ve partnered with the best agency, you need to understand how they have performed in the past.
Looking into the potential virtual reality companies’ portfolios, case studies and reviews will shed some light on their previous work and their ability to not only meet deadlines but meet them successfully.
This deep dive into their past will also highlight successful and failed VR projects.
Use these insights to ask them questions about how they’ve learned from past mistakes and grown to be an industry-leading augmented reality technology company today.
Step #2: Discover Their Industry Focus
Industry expertise plays a key role in delivering a successful project.
Different VR technologies and AR elements find use in different sectors.
This is why you need to find out whether the potential augmented reality companies have already served clients in your niche or if they have worked on similar projects.
A company that has relevant experience will better understand your needs and requirements as well as accelerate project delivery.
Step #3: Learn If They Fit Your Company Culture
Partnering with an AR & VR company that shares the same values as your business will result in a pleasant atmosphere, smooth teamwork and increased productivity.
This will help establish a meaningful relationship that will bring better results and will benefit your business in the long term.
Step #4: Understand Their Strategic Approach
Find out how potential VR & augmented reality companies create their strategies before developing specific products and solutions.
The best agency should build their technical strategies based on a result-driven approach to help you retain more employees, make the onboarding process more efficient and engage with more audiences.
Step #5: Find Out How They Stay On Top Of Trends
Every year we see great advancements in the technological world that affect both businesses and customers.
Trends constantly change and as they come out they open new opportunities and experiences.
You should implement these to stay up-to-date, improve the way your employees work and make the lives of your customers more exciting.
To achieve this, you should partner with AR & virtual reality developers that constantly track these changes and can implement trends as they emerge.
20 Questions To Ask AR & Virtual Reality Developers
Here are the top 20 questions that you should ask VR developers before you make the right choice:
Strategy And Planning
Virtual reality software is an intricate and technical landscape that requires strategic brainstorming and planning.
To ensure your project is a success, understand how AR companies create their strategies.
Key questions to address are:
- How will you create a strategy and process for designing and building this VR application?
- What tools do you use to gather information about my brand and audiences?
- Do you have project managers that will oversee this project and keep me informed?
- Do you conduct market research or will we need to provide this data for you?
- What elements go into your strategy from brainstorm to launch of these VR technologies?
According to Kissflow, the lack of clearly defined goals is one of the biggest reasons for project failure.
As a result, you need to make sure that the agency you’re working with is well-versed in setting up and tracking goals.
Clear and comprehensive goals create a structure and a foundation for success.
Be sure to ask potential augmented reality companies:
- What goals will this VR software help us achieve?
- What problems will this VR design solve and how?
- What goals have you had success achieving in the past?
- How do you plan on achieving these goals?
- How will you measure these goals and what metrics will you track?
The best VR & augmented reality companies don’t just understand the technical landscape. They also understand how to promote these designs to the public.
This includes promotional events, creative web design infusions and marketing campaigns that will put these designs front and center.
Ask your prospective agency partner what promotional capabilities they are able to perform:
- How will you inform the public about our virtual reality project?
- Do you have marketers on staff to help us promote these digital designs?
- How much change will need to be made to other platforms and collateral?
- How can you promote these designs internally?
Once these experiences go live, they require continuous monitoring and upgrades.
The AR and VR market is one of the most rapidly growing markets in the technological world today.
In fact, their economic impact will grow to $29.5 billion in 2020.
Ask how your agency partner will stay on top of evolving trends to ensure success in the future.
Ask the AR & virtual reality developers the following questions:
- How will you ensure the VR application is well-received by the public and by internal employees?
- How will you capture and represent our brand?
- Will you conduct QA testing?
- How will you implement emerging trends?
- How will you maintain VR performance? Do you offer support after launch?
- How long after launch will you continue to monitor our designs?
Takeaways On VR & Augmented Reality Companies
VR & augmented reality companies create interactive experiences to help brands like yours engage the audience and influence their buying decisions.
The average cost of their services varies between $50 and $150 per hour.
To choose the best AR & VR company for your business, make sure you:
- Check their portfolios, case studies and reviews
- Discover their industry focus
- Learn if they fit your company culture
- Understand their strategic approach
- Find out how they stay on top of trends
Best of luck!