Table of Contents
- What Makes eCommerce Development Companies In California Unique?
- What Do eCommerce Development Companies In California Do?
- What Are The Different Types Of eCommerce Development Companies In California?
- How Much Do California eCommerce Agencies Charge?
- Why Hire eCommerce Development Companies In California?
- How To Find The Right eCommerce Agency In California
- 10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring eCommerce Developers In California
- Last Tips To Bear In Mind Before You Hire An eCommerce Development Company In California
What Makes eCommerce Development Companies In California Unique?
What differentiates California-based companies from other eCommerce developers is:
- The use of cutting-edge technologies
- The high-end services
- A deep understanding of the local clientele
With a population of more than 39 million people, California has the largest economy in the US. In 2018 it was ranked as the world’s 5th largest economy in the world.
As such, this country is the center of some of the major industries in the world and many global brands are situated there including Apple, PayPal and Facebook.
California is one of the most competitive markets. It attracts and employs some of the best developers who have turned into highly qualified experts.
What Do eCommerce Development Companies In California Do?
Operating in a highly developed eCommerce market, these California-based companies are among the top skilled around the globe. They offer high-end products including web and app stores.
Just like the other eCommerce agencies out there, these experts offer:
- Custom eCommerce design and development
- Shopping cart integration
- Payment gateway integration
- API integration
- Maintenance and support
- And more
However, what makes them stand out is their expertise in developing products in the locally dominant industries including agriculture, manufacturing, finance, business services, technology and retail.
What Are The Different Types Of eCommerce Development Companies In California?
We can place the top eCommerce development companies in California into three categories based on:
- The businesses they work with: These developers work with businesses of different types and sizes, from startups to large corporations, developing deep insights into their clients’ shared pain points as well as opportunities.
- The platforms they use: They also foster diverse technical expertise. Most agencies specialize in using one or more of the market-leading platforms including WooCommerce, Salesforce, Shopify and bigCommerce.
- The niches they serve: California-based eCommerce developers in California build solutions for clients in different industries. Some choose to specialize in particular verticals, while others choose to diversify. Most of them, however, have a deep understanding of the locally dominant industries like agriculture, retail, finance and technology.
How Much Do California eCommerce Agencies Charge?
Top eCommerce development companies in California usually offer two pricing plans – per hour and per project.
The average rate per hour ranges between $50 and $200 depending on the company’s size, seniority and expertise.
When it comes to the cost per project, it primarily depends on several factors including:
- The type of eCommerce platform you pick: Shopify, Salesforce and the other eCommerce platforms on the market have their own pricing plans as well. So, based on which platform you want to have your store built with, the price will vary.
- The complexity of your store: The number of features your app or website will have can also affect the cost of your project. Stores of higher complexity will cost more than simpler ones.
- The number of experts who will work on the project: During the development of your e-store, several experts may be engaged. This may include developers, designers, brand specialists, content writers, etc. It all depends on your requirements and what exactly needs to be done.
Why Hire eCommerce Development Companies In California?
Here are the top three reasons why you should consider the services of the top eCommerce development companies in California:
Reason #1: Reaching The Local Market
The primary goal of every business is to expand locally and then globally.
However, reaching the right local audience can be challenging.
Here’s how eCommerce development companies in California can be of great help:
- They have a deep understanding of your local market and can easily discover the needs of your potential buyers
- They also know your competition because they are locals themselves, and they will know the tactics to outsmart them the best
- They use advanced keyword research tools that will make your brand be visible to your audience online at all times
Reason #2: Outperforming Competition
Business competition can be fierce, especially for brands operating in highly competitive markets like the eCommerce ones.
However, just because California has one of the most competitive economies in the world, its eCommerce developers have turned into highly qualified experts whose high-end services can push you ahead of your local competition.
Thereby, these specialists will focus on:
- Identifying and solving your clients’ pain points: By conducting in-depth research, your partner will find out what are the specific problems your clients deal with. This will allow you to find out what your target group exactly wants so that you can adjust your services based on their needs and provide them with value.
- Improving customer service: Consumers prefer buying from brands that offer excellent customer service. This is why your eCommerce specialist will focus on improving the user experience by providing fast feedback and support, sending personalized emails, experimenting with sales, discounts, trial offers and more.
- Incorporating innovation: eCommerce development companies in California are always on top of emerging trends in online selling. What’s more, they also have access to different premium tools and technologies that when combined with their skills they can constantly improve your online store and transform it into a unique and eye-catching product.
Reason #3: Increasing Profit
Top eCommerce companies in California are experts in creating compelling and fully functional apps and websites.
With the high-end services they offer and the cutting edge online stores they build, they can help you differentiate from other businesses in your niche.
This will allow you to capture the attention of a wider audience not only locally, but globally as well, increasing your market and your revenue.
How To Find The Right eCommerce Agency In California
To make sure the company you hire creates a compelling product and delivers the desired results, you need to find your business a reliable partner who can meet your needs.
Here are a few factors to consider that can help you make a choice:
- Industry experience: Go through the work of the top eCommerce companies in California and see what projects they have worked on. Then see which of them has worked with businesses in your niche. It is advantageous to pick a partner that understands your industry as this can accelerate project delivery and results.
- Skillset: Find out what these specialists particularly specialize in including the eCommerce platforms they have experience with and what types of products they are able to build.
- Project management: Ask California eCommerce developers what methodologies they employ and whether they use a project management tool. You will want to pick a partner that is well organized to ensure your project’s success.
Reviews: Pay attention to client reviews to understand the experience they have with each of the top eCommerce companies in California on our list. These can be an indicator of how reliable and trustworthy an agency is.
- Cost: Think about what services you need and set a budget. Then, ask each of the top eCommerce companies in California for a price estimate to see which of them you can afford. However, bear in mind that the more you can allocate, the higher ROI you can expect.
- Strategic approach: Get in touch with the potential eCommerce development companies in California and consider their approach. Focus on their communication and management style. This will help you find a partner who will feel like an extension of your team rather than a service provider.
10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring eCommerce Developers In California
To shorten the list of the eCommerce development companies in California down, make sure you ask the following questions:
- What eCommerce platforms do you have experience with? Which of them do you believe is the right fit for my business?
- Can you explain your approach towards the process of eCommerce development?
- According to you, what are the most important aspects of eCommerce SEO optimization? What elements will be optimized for search?
- How will you make sure that our website will be mobile responsive?
- Based on our requirements, what special features should our product include?
- Which payment getaways would be most suitable for our store?
- What kind of testing will you perform to check the functionality of our product?
- Will you be there after the launch to maintain our store?
- How can we measure the performance of our store?
- What is your approach towards issues – in case anything arises after the launch?
Last Tips To Bear In Mind Before You Hire An eCommerce Development Company In California
Many businesses invest their time and money in the best eCommerce development companies in California because of the high-end services and cutting-edge products they offer.
Combining their development skills with their deep understanding of the local ecosystem, your target market and competition as well as the locally dominant industries, they can create a fully functional and compelling online store that will meet your needs.
To find the right eCommerce company in California, set interviews with the potential agencies on our list and make sure you consider their approach, niche experience, skillset, project management, cost and reviews.
What’s more, here are a few more tips that you should bear in mind to choose a partner easily:
- Post-launch services: Make sure the agency you hire offers post-launch support and maintenance since your store will constantly require updating, bug fixing, etc.
- Hidden costs: Ask whether the post-launch support is included in the development cost. If not find out what are the after-launch fees so that you avoid any hidden costs.
- Contract: Ensure that your partner provides you with an agreement policy that will include several clauses regarding security, data confidentiality and product quality of your store.
We wish you the best of luck!