Table of Contents
- What Is An eCommerce Website Design Company?
- What Does An eCommerce Design Agency Do?
- 5 Reasons To Hire An eCommerce Website Design Company
- How To Choose The Best eCommerce Design Agency For Your Business?
- 10 Questions To Ask eCommerce Website Designers Before You Hire One
- Last Tips To Consider Before You Partner With An eCommerce Web Design Company
- Takeaways On eCommerce Web Design Companies
An eCommerce web design company is a team of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) specialists responsible for the look and feel of their clients’ online stores.
A typical collaboration process with these professional agencies involves:
- Consultation: Your web designers will ask you a set of questions to understand your business, your target market, objectives and requirements. This will be the basis of their design work.
- Proposal: With the requirement outlined, the company will draft a project proposal, including the scope, timeframes and estimated cost.
- Drafting: The company will present several design options to choose from. Once the direction is clear, they will also produce a couple of iterations until the design is finalized.
- Development: Most eCommerce web design companies also offer development services, including domain integrations and hosting.
What Does An eCommerce Design Agency Do?
These are some of the services that an eCommerce website design company can offer:
They Create Responsive Designs
According to MerchantSavvy, in the second quarter of 2019, the total eCommerce sales came via:
- Mobile (27%)
- Desktop (24.4%)
- Tablet (26.8%)
- Other (26.4%)
It means that consumers are interacting with your brand on a variety of mediums.
eCommerce website designers can build online stores that work well on different screens and devices to ensure an engaging experience.
They Value Functional User Experience Design
eCommerce web design companies know that every element of an online store should serve a purpose. At every stage, it should be ushering the user closer to a purchase.
These experts understand that functionality should be the foremost focus of eCommerce design. If a website doesn’t function intuitively and users find navigation confusing or frustrating, the odds of them making a purchase are extremely slim.
This is why they pay deep attention to user experience and design with the customers in mind.
They Use Templates And Create Custom eCommerce Stores
An eCommerce design agency builds engaging websites using various platforms including:
- And more
However, for companies with complex requirements that need to stand out online, they also create custom website designs that are tailored to the client’s exact specifications and needs.
They Achieve Results
An eCommerce website is a business tool whose ultimate purpose is to drive sales.
That’s why many top eCommerce web design companies position themselves based on their ability not just to build beautiful sites, but to achieve results for their clients.
They’re committed to building sites that will convert.
Regular reporting and analysis should be a consistent feature of the relationship between an agency and a client. So, these experts share the metrics they focus on when monitoring performance and measuring results.
They Establish Brand Identity & Strategy
eCommerce website designers take the time to identify value propositions, positioning, key messaging and target audiences.
This is imperative for business growth, as consistent branding has been shown to increase revenue by 23%.
The best eCommerce agencies will learn about a client’s:
- And more
Then, they will communicate that information in a well-branded eCommerce platform.
5 Reasons To Hire An eCommerce Website Design Company
It is expected that by 2040, 95% of all purchases will be eCommerce.
Therefore, brands that sell should consider investing in online stores to reach a wider audience, generate more sales and grow their businesses.
However, while anyone can design an eCommerce site using a template, only those that have relevant expertise and industry experience can deliver websites that stand out from the crowd and attract the audiences’ eyes.
This is why investing in a professional eCommerce website design company matters.
And here are the top five benefits that you will enjoy by considering their services:
- Technical support: After your website is launched, it will require regular maintenance and bug fixing to ensure outstanding user experience at all times. eCommerce website designers are always on top of web design trends so they will implement them as they emerge. They will also be there to support you whenever any technical issues happen.
- Integration of payment systems: There are different payment methods on the market. eCommerce web developers will not only help you find the safest and most efficient payment systems, but they will also integrate them with your product successfully.
- Creativity: An eCommerce design agency has the creativity to build websites that are compelling and user-friendly. They will help you stand out from your competition and improve your brand recognition.
- User experience: UX is one of the most important factors for eCommerce products because it directly affects sales and organic search. A professional agency will come up with a website that is clean and easy to navigate, making the purchasing process as easy as possible.
- SEO: Every successful website should be search engine optimized to attract visitors with high purchase intent, bringing in more website traffic and qualified leads. eCommerce web design companies also employ SEO experts who will incorporate all the best practices to boost your rankings and help you outperform your competition.
How To Choose The Best eCommerce Design Agency For Your Business?
The eCommerce industry is a highly competitive one. And, to make sure you are one of those businesses that expand online successfully, you need a professional eCommerce design agency to take care of your brand.
How to find the right one?
There are the key steps to consider to make your search easier:
- Decide onshore or offshore: While the location may not be a make or break factor, yet different time zones and language barriers can mean a lot for some businesses. This is why you need to think about your preferences. If you decide to outsource your project to an offshore company, then find out how they will affect your communication.
- Set a budget: Think how much you can allocate for an eCommerce website design company and set a reasonable budget. This will help you find a partner within your price range. While these agencies can deliver solutions for every need and budget, you should know that the more you can invest the better product you can expect.
- Read their reviews: The feedback of past clients is proof of these agencies' existence. It will provide you with info on their reliability, flexibility, transparency and ability to deliver measurable results.
- Consider company culture: When engaging in a long-term partnership a similar company culture can make the relationship and contribute to a successful project. You should hire a partner that shares the same values and most importantly a partner who you enjoy working with.
10 Questions To Ask eCommerce Website Designers Before You Hire One
- What eCommerce platforms do you specialize in?
- What is your approach to building custom eCommerce websites?
- How do you approach UI and UX design?
- What is your SEO strategy?
- Have you designed a similar eCommerce website in terms of industry and/or functionality?
- Where can I see your portfolio and reviews?
- What features do you think my product will need?
- How long will it take to finish my project?
- Who will work on my project and how experienced are these eCommerce website designers?
- How do you charge for your services and what is the estimated cost for my project?
Last Tips To Consider Before You Partner With An eCommerce Web Design Company
There are a few more steps to take before you officially partner with an eCommerce web design company:
- Define KPIs and deliverables: Projects like these require multiple drafts and iterations before you settle on the design you all agree on. However, your partner may want to cap the number of drafts and iterations you are entitled to within your price point. Be sure to define details like these to set reasonable expectations and plan your collaboration accordingly.
- Negotiate: Make sure you negotiate all terms of your collaboration, from the deliverables to cost. Your goal should be to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.
- Sign the agreement: Put your negotiated terms in writing to solidify your partnership. This document will not only serve as a reminder of your responsibilities to each other, but also as a form of legal protection in case the collaboration goes south.
Takeaways On eCommerce Web Design Companies
eCommerce web design companies have the expertise and experience to:
- Create responsive designs
- Deliver an outstanding user experience
- Build custom designs and design websites using templates
- Achieve the desired business goals
- Establish a consistent brand identity
The cost of their services approximately ranges between $50 and $150 per hour.
While anyone can build a website using a template, a professional eCommerce design agency is able to deliver online stores that stand out from the crowd, engage and convert the visitors successfully.
To choose the best company for your brand:
- Decide onshore or offshore
- Set a budget
- Read their reviews
- Consider company culture
Best of luck!