Table of Contents
- What Is An eCommerce Marketing Company?
- What Does An eCommerce Agency Do?
- The Key Team Members At A Leading eCommerce Digital Agency
- How Much Do eCommerce Marketing Companies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire An eCommerce Marketing Company?
- How To Select An eCommerce Agency
- 5 Questions To Ask eCommerce Marketing Agencies Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On eCommerce Marketing Agencies
An eCommerce marketing company is an agency that creates custom strategies to help online stores generate brand awareness, drive engagement and increase sales.
Unlike marketing agencies that promote physical stores and usually work on designing business cards and brochures to educate shoppers about new products, eCommerce marketing agencies do a lot more.
They use advanced analytical tools and deal with data to discover the audience’s specific needs and to target clients based on multiple locations.
From brand discovery to brand building and maintenance, the strategies they use allow online businesses to establish a strong digital presence and convert more leads.
eCommerce marketing agencies often help clients achieve their business goals through the strategic use of technology, creativity and various marketing tactics like advertising and search engine optimization (SEO).
What Does An eCommerce Agency Do?
eCommerce marketing agencies in the US offer standard digital marketing services to help brands achieve online success.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Market research
- Competition analysis
- Website design and development
- Graphic design
- Influencer marketing
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing
- Video production
- Video marketing
- And more
Unlike all other digital marketing companies, eCommerce agencies particularly specialize in delivering successful strategies for digital shops.
The Key Team Members At A Leading eCommerce Digital Agency
These are the team members that eCommerce marketing agencies employ to help them deliver successful strategies for online growth:
Team Member #1. Project Manager
In most cases, project managers serve as a point of contact between the client and the company.
They’re also at the core of companies’ organizational structure, connecting different teams and departments. The project manager’s task is to ensure seamless communication, track the progress of each project and make the workflow as efficient as possible.
Team Member #2. Marketing Strategist
Marketing strategists are team members with significant experience and deep knowledge of the advertising industry.
Thanks to their expertise, they can always see the big picture and create comprehensive marketing strategies, which represent a starting point for any successful marketing campaign.
Team Member #3. Digital Marketer
Together with marketing strategists, digital marketers work on implementing online campaigns and integrations.
Their knowledge of digital tools and advertising practices plays a key role in the execution of campaigns and success in driving traffic, conversions and sales.
Team Member #4. Web Developer
Since the technical aspect of SEO and digital marketing is critical, web developers play an important role in eCommerce marketing agencies.
Their job is to build websites that are well-optimized for search engines in terms of both front end and back end and ensure that all on-site features are functional, website performance is impeccable and web design is eye-catching and on brand.
It’s extremely important that the websites are optimized for mobile devices as well, so agencies have to have developers who specialize in mobile development.
Team Member #5. SEO Specialist
An SEO specialist is at the heart of all SEO operations in the agency.
They lead SEO optimization initiatives, conduct audits, advise improvements to boost rankings, perform research on competitors and website performance and plan and execute numerous other SEO-related projects.
Team Member #6. Content Marketer/Copywriter
Quality and relevance of website content influences SEO in a big way. Search engines calculate these factors using numerous parameters, so content creators of this must be familiar with SEO rules and best practices.
A copywriter’s number one job is to write highly valuable and relevant content. This may include anything from articles, blogs or social media posts to product descriptions.
Team Member #7. UX Designers
Excellent UX designers contribute to better website SEO. These designers focus on visual solutions to improve user experience.
Their goal is to make the website accessible, attractive and easy-to-use.
Team Member #8. Graphic Designer
Unlike UX designers, graphic designers focus on creating visual collateral for marketing campaigns.
By combining typography, motion graphics and images, they work to establish a visual identity for the client’s company. In order to execute this properly, they need to understand the client’s brand and create a visual strategy that fits the brand’s values and target audience.
How Much Do eCommerce Marketing Companies Charge For Their Services?
Most eCommerce marketing agencies in the USA price their projects based on hourly rates that typically range between $50 and $150.
Pricing varies based on factors such as team size, type of project and deadline.
Some agencies choose to charge a flat fee instead, which means that you will pay a fixed price for specific services. This might look like:
- Up to $250 for a website theme
- $5,000 to $50,000+/month for content marketing
- $750 to $2,000/month for SEO
The eCommerce advertising agency you hire may also offer you a result-based fee. In this case, you would issue the payment when the company delivers the desired results.
Why Hire An eCommerce Marketing Company?
The number of online buyers will reach 2.14 billion by 2021. (Statista)
The eCommerce market is growing rapidly. In fact, as much as 87% of shoppers search for products on digital channels.
But as the number of online shoppers increases, so does the competition.
Brands have 7 seconds to make a first impression. (Forbes)
The eCommerce market is witnessing intense growth. The number of newly created online stores is constantly on the rise which makes this industry one of the most competitive ones.
One of the key factors to stand out and differentiate from your competitors is by turning into an authentic brand that has a strong and eye-catching image.
You have just a few seconds to impress your audience, so make sure you incorporate branding elements that will attract your audience’s attention and make them convert.
Today, having a high-quality product or service is simply not enough.
In order to succeed in the world of eCommerce, you need a winning strategy that will help you stand out, boost visibility, establish credibility and generate engagement.
eCommerce marketing agencies know the strategic tactics and best practices to help you drive quality leads to your website and boost your sales.
How To Select An eCommerce Agency
Follow these five steps to make your search for the best eCommerce advertising agency easier:
- Ask about their core area(s) of expertise: While most of these companies offer a wide range of services, some specialize in particular services like web design and development or advertising. The type of solution you need depends on your niche, target audience, business goals and of course, on how well-optimized and well-advertised your eCommerce business already is. Try to find the weakest links in your online presence and look for agencies that have the best reputation in these fields.
- Look through their portfolio: Every reputable eCommerce marketing company has some kind of online portfolio where you can check out their past projects. If they’ve uploaded some case studies, even better – you can inspect in closer detail what the intention was of each project, along with the methodology and results. The more experience the agency has with your industry, the better. If they are already familiar with your market and target audience, they likely have a good idea about what works and what doesn’t. Don’t hesitate to evaluate the agency based on whether their own website is well-optimized and whether their social media accounts are strong. If they can’t handle their own online presence properly, there’s little chance they can handle yours.
- Read reviews from past customers: Feedback from previous clients is a valuable source of information that will help you dig deeper into the company’s reputation and reliability, the quality of their work and the company culture. Reviews will help you understand how easy it is to collaborate with these companies, what results they can deliver and how transparent they are in planning and pricing.
- Understand how they deliver results: The best eCommerce digital agency should have clearly defined and streamlined processes to optimize customer engagement and results. They should work closely with your team to gather meaningful data, manage client communication, deliver custom strategies and ensure transparency throughout the process.
- Consider their location: Is it important for your eCommerce marketing agency to be in close physical proximity to your office? Consider your preferences and decide what will work best in terms of location and time zone.
5 Questions To Ask eCommerce Marketing Agencies Before Hiring One
Here are the top five questions to ask every potential eCommerce digital agency to help you make an informed decision:
Question #1. What platform do you recommend we build our website on? How will that platform improve our SEO rankings and organic traffic?
First things first - choosing the right platform should be a priority for you and for the eCommerce marketing company you hire.
The most popular eCommerce platform is WooCommerce, with a market share of 31%. It’s followed by Magento, OpenCart, Prestashop and Shopify.
WooCommerce is the extension of the most popular CMS, WordPress, which powers 38% of websites worldwide, so it’s no surprise that it ranks at the top.
WordPress is also considered the most SEO-friendly CMS, with numerous plugins that can help you with optimization.
Question #2. Which SEO and marketing tactics will give us the best return on investment (ROI)?
Calculating ROI in marketing can be quite tricky. However, there are numerous analytical tools that can help you calculate how much money a digital campaign can bring to your company.
Every eCommerce marketing agency should provide a reliable way to evaluate ROI, so you determine whether the campaign was a hit or a miss.
Question #3. How will you determine our short-term and long-term goals? How will you formulate a strategy to achieve them?
A top ecommerce marketing company should be able to help you determine your goals and also work out the exact process that will lead to achieving those goals.
This means that they should establish a number of short-term goals that should serve as stepping stones, as well as long term goals that speak to the bigger picture
Question #4. What tools do you use to gather data and track performance for SEO and marketing campaigns?
Tracking campaign feedback and performance is a key part of every marketing effort.
Find out how equipped each potential eCommerce digital agency is in terms of the tools they use for this purpose. For the most accurate analytical tracking, they should have the best possible software for the job at their disposal.
Question #5. How will you analyze our competitors’ and target audience’s behavior?
The success of your campaign depends largely on how well the eCommerce advertising agency has researched the behavior of your most prominent competitors.
They should present a combination of data-driven ideas and the creative impulse needed to implement what they learned in order to get ahead of the competition.
The same goes for your target audience. The agency should have a plan in place to thoroughly research and get to know your target audience, so they can execute a successful campaign that stays true to your audience and your brand.
Takeaways On eCommerce Marketing Agencies
An eCommerce agency specializes in delivering strategies that help brands grow their online shops successfully.
From branding to advertising, they offer a full scope of digital marketing services that take businesses to the next level.
They most often price their project on hourly rates and time estimates with fees that typically range between $50 and $150.
To choose the best United States eCommerce agency for your business:
- Ask about their core area(s) of expertise
- Look through their portfolio
- Read reviews from past customers
- Understand how they deliver results
- Consider their location
Best of luck in your search!