Table of Contents
- What Makes Software Companies In Tampa Unique
- What Do Software Developers In Tampa, FL Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Software Companies In Tampa?
- How Much Do Software Companies In Tampa Charge For Their Services?
- Why Should You Hire A Software Developer In Tampa, FL?
- How To Select The Best Software Company In Tampa
- 10 Questions To Ask Software Developers In Tampa, FL
- Takeaways On Software Companies In Tampa
What Makes Software Companies In Tampa Unique
Software companies in Tampa set apart from their peers by their high concentration of tech talent as well as quality services at market rates.
According to CompTIA’s 2021 Cyberstates report, 7.9% of Tampa’s total workforce operates in the tech industry.
As such, in 2020, Tampa employed:
- 16,858 software, programmers, web developers and quality assurance experts
- 9,783 IT support specialists
- 7,645 cybersecurity analysts and systems engineers
- 6, 517 network administrators, architects and support professionals
- 1,999 database, data scientists and computer scientists
These numbers show that Tampa is properly equipped with specialists spanning different areas of expertise which makes it an excellent location to outsource your software project.
Another reason why organizations of every stripe consider software services in Tampa is to benefit from their unique insights into the locally dominant industries.
The leading sectors contributing to Tampa’s economy are:
- Financial services
Living and operating in the area, software developers in Tampa, FL have gained a deep knowledge of the predominant sectors and understand the problems and challenges the clients in these industries face well.
So, they are uniquely positioned to deliver high-quality solutions for businesses within the local major industries.
The city of Florida has a lot to offer in terms of education and employment which is why it attracts top-notch talent and accomplished software developers.
It is home to the prestigious higher-learning institution the University of South Florida which is recognized as an influential East Coast research and development center for high technology and medicine.
Tampa is also enjoying a stable job market, with a 2.3% increase in the last year and 42.7% projected future growth in the next ten years, which is higher than the national average of 33.5%.
CompTIA’s report reveals that, in 2020, Tampa outranked major cities like San Diego, Los Angeles, Miami or Chicago by jobs added in the tech sector.
Therefore, the city hosts high-end tech talent and software companies in Tampa are sure to provide nationally competitive services and quality output.
What Do Software Developers In Tampa, FL Specialize In?
Software developers in Tampa, FL specialize in various technologies and software services and can provide custom software development as well as services such as customizations, integrations, deployment, maintenance, testing and more.
Software companies in Tampa have teams of seasoned designers, engineers, developers, and more who are highly skilled in developing bespoke solutions.
They can also assist businesses in customizing existing solutions to help them operate more smoothly, increase efficiency and profits and more.
Apart from software development, their offerings may include:
- Software consulting
- Website development
- App development
- Cloud migration
- Software QA and testing
- Maintenance and support
- Digital transformation
- eCommerce development
- Network set-up and management
- IoT solutions
- Big data solutions
- AR/VR solutions
- And more
Software developers in Tampa, FL are skilled in various technology stacks and can deliver high-quality products to businesses across the board that fit their needs, requirements and budget.
What Are The Different Types Of Software Companies In Tampa?
Software companies in Tampa can be classified into a few different categories, based on:
- The solutions they provide: Some companies focus on custom software development while others specialize in customizing existing solutions or building mobile apps and websites. There are also software developers in Tampa, FL who excel in IoT solutions, AR/VR/MR applications, big data solutions or blockchain software.
- The industries they serve: You can find software companies in Tampa that devote their expertise to serving specific industries like defense, financial services, technology and more. As such, these developers are well-trained to develop tailored solutions or software customizations and configurations to clients operating in these sectors.
How Much Do Software Companies In Tampa Charge For Their Services?
Most software companies in Tampa price their services on an hourly rate. This cost varies from company to company and mainly depends on their reputation and team size.
The average hourly rate ranges between $100 and $149.
Local companies also provide another billing option which is the cost per project. This depends on many factors, such as:
- Your software’s complexity
- UI/UX design
- The number of specialists involved
- The deployment platform
- And more
Depending on your requirements, the price for a project may start at $25,000 and can go up to way over $50,000.
Why Should You Hire A Software Developer In Tampa, FL?
The main reason why you should hire software companies in Tampa for your upcoming project is to leverage their vast experience in the leading industries in the area.
Tampa hosts top-level software developers who can provide unique insights into the locally dominant sectors such as finance, technology and defense.
So, software companies in Tampa are well poised to drive business growth and boost business efficiency for clients operating in these major industries.
Among the biggest employers in Tampa, we can name:
- McKinsey & Company
- US Air Force
- And more
The clients they serve demand the highest quality of services, so local developers are bound to stay on top of trends, constantly refine their skills and use high-end technologies to help them solve their unique problems.
Software companies in Tampa have the knowledge, resources and tools to develop bespoke solutions or integrate software with other systems so that you get the highest value for money invested.
Not only can they build software tailored to your specific requirements but they can also scale it and continuously update it to ensure your product maintains peak performance.
Therefore, they are able to provide maintenance and post-launch support which are highly important for enhancing solutions along the way and achieving better performance.
How To Select The Best Software Company In Tampa
To ensure you’re choosing the right team for your software project, make sure to follow these key steps:
Step #1: Define Your Goals
The first step you need to take is outlining your business needs and goals so that you know in advance what type of software you wish to build or integrate with your existing system.
Think about what specific features and processes need to be incorporated in the new solution, what its purpose will be and what you want to achieve by investing in custom software development.
Step #2: Explore Their Portfolio
Software companies in Tampa have a track record of successes and case studies out in the open for you to explore and reflect on.
So, be sure to go through their previous projects to evaluate their quality of work and ability to deliver high-performance products. Plus, you’ll get to see what types of clients and industries they have served.
For a better project outcome, it’s recommended that you choose a developer that has solved a similar problem and has the knowledge to build the type of software you need.
Step #3: Identify Their Tech Stack Expertise
Some software companies in Tampa specialize in specific technologies so it’s key to identify their expertise in order to choose a company with the right tech stack you need to execute your project.
Developers who choose to constantly upgrade their tech stack and adopt new development processes and methodologies are best positioned to deliver a successful project.
As a general rule, it’s best to pick a partner that is up-to-date with the latest industry trends and always invests in new technologies and tools to create premium products.
Step #4: Check Their Security Procedures
Any type of software, website or mobile application can be at risk of a data breach or cyber-attack. According to a 2020 report, data breaches cost businesses, on average, $3.86 million per incident.
This is why you need to ensure that the software developer in Tampa, FL you choose to partner with has security procedures and processes in place to protect your data and can deliver highly reliable and safe systems.
Step #5: Read Their Client Reviews
Skim their reviews to gain first-hand information about these companies’ processes, reliability and flexibility. See what their clients have to say about their own experience of working with them to get a glimpse of what your future collaboration will be like.
Their reviews will also reveal how transparent the software companies in Tampa are when it comes to project planning and pricing structure.
10 Questions To Ask Software Developers In Tampa, FL
To ensure you’re selecting the best team for your upcoming project, make sure to address this set of questions during interviews:
- Have you developed solutions for a similar business problem?
- Will you perform business analysis and market research to gather data about our target market?
- What technology stacks does your team specialize in?
- Which team members will work on our project and what is their level of experience?
- Can you provide us with an estimated timeline for finalizing the project?
- Do you follow best practices to ensure the code you write is secure?
- How will you keep us up to date with your progress? Will we receive weekly reports or daily updates?
- Do you also offer maintenance and post-launch support? What do you charge for this service?
- Does your team keep up with the latest trends and frameworks in the industry?
- Who will be our project’s dedicated contact person?
Takeaways On Software Companies In Tampa
With increasing tech talent clusters, Tampa is slowly rising as an alternative to other major tech hubs around the nation.
Given its affordable cost of living, qualified software developers are coming to the city to enjoy better living and housing conditions.
Software companies in Tampa are sure to have teams of experienced and skillful software developers who can provide the best quality of services.
Tampa is a prime location for outsourcing your software project especially if your business is in industries such as technology, defense or financial services.
Most software developers in Tampa, FL charge between $100 and $149 per hour.
To choose the right partner for your business, make sure to take these five simple steps:
- Outline your needs and goals
- Study their previous projects
- Check their tech stack experience
- Figure out if they can ensure security
- Skim through their client reviews