Table of Contents
- What Makes IT Services Companies In Houston Unique?
- What Services Can You Outsource To Houston IT Companies?
- How Much Does IT Consulting In Houston Cost?
- Why Should You Consider Hiring IT Services Companies In Houston?
- How To Choose The Best Houston IT Company
- 15 Questions To Ask IT Services Companies In Houston Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On IT Services Companies In Houston
What Makes IT Services Companies In Houston Unique?
IT services companies in Houston offer standard Information Technology services similarly to their peers across the US.
However, there are a few facts that make them different from all others:
Fact #1: Houston Offers Great Conditions For Career Development
Houston has a cost of living of 96.5%. That is lower than the national average of 100%.
In fact, according to Salary, the cost of living in San Jose, the center of Silicon Valley, is 82.7% higher than in Houston.
This indicates that living in Houston is more affordable than other major tech hubs which is why the city drives tech talent from these areas.
In addition, Houston has a business-friendly environment and research conducted by WalletHub shows that it is the fourth-best city for starting a business.
These are some of the reasons why Houston is the fourth city in the nation with the highest number of headquartered Fortune 500 companies.
Some of them include:
- Phillips 66
- Kinder Morgan
Working for brands like these, local IT consulting companies are compelled to offer the highest level of service.
Fact #2: Houston Is Home To Bilingual Talent
Houston is one of the most diverse cities in Texas with the biggest ethnic groups being:
- White (57.63%)
- African American (22.54%)
- Asian (6.89%)
It is the third city with the largest number of spoken languages or 145. To make a comparison, people in New York speak 192 and in LA residents speak 185 languages.
According to the US Census, 51.16% of the city’s residents speak only English. The most common non-English language is Spanish which is spoken by 38.76% of the population.
These facts suggest that IT services companies in Houston employ bilingual resources that can build international relationships and give your business a competitive edge.
Fact #3: Houston Has A Number Of Thriving Industries
Working with local clients, Houston IT companies tend to naturally gain experience in the city’s predominant sectors.
The major industries that drive the city’s economy are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Digital Technology
- Transportation & Logistics
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Their deep understanding of the current trends and technological developments can give your business a competitive advantage and boost its performance.
What Services Can You Outsource To Houston IT Companies?
The services of Houston IT companies include but are not limited to:
- Network setup: They help businesses get their networks up and running. The process includes configuration network hardware, software and other supporting devices.
- Database management: They use software to extract, manage and monitor data like customer and employee information, sales and finances.
- Cloud computing: This service involves different types of apps, tools and software like networking, databases and servers.
- Cybersecurity: They help businesses keep their systems, products and sensitive data safe from digital attacks like malware.
- Technical support: It is the backbone of Information Technology services and includes fixing any technical issues and problems to make sure all systems, networks and software run without errors.
- Strategic consulting: IT consulting companies in Houston provide businesses with professional advice on current problems, future implementations and more. They simply give suggestions on how to use Information Technology to boost business performance.
How Much Does IT Consulting In Houston Cost?
It services companies in Houston may charge you between $25 and $200 per hour.
A few factors that affect this cost are:
- Company stature and size
- Client requirements
- Project scope and complexity
- Number of professionals engaged in the project
IT consulting companies in Houston may also offer a project-based billing option where the cost would depend on the specific services you need.
These agencies typically accept projects valued at $10,000-$25,000.
Some companies offering premium services may accept projects estimated at $50,000+.
Why Should You Consider Hiring IT Services Companies In Houston?
These are the top three reasons why you should consider IT services in Houston:
- Enjoy high-quality services: As a growing tech hub, Houston attracts many tech professionals from the nation mostly because of its low cost of living. With a business-friendly environment, the city entices startup investments and corporate headquarters as well. To serve brands like these, IT services companies in Houston are compelled to deliver services of high quality.
- Work with bilingual resources: Houston is one of the most diverse cities in Texas and home to a bilingual population. This indicates that local professional companies employ bilingual resources who understand the different languages and multicultural markets. This is a key feature that can give you a competitive advantage and help you better serve your multilingual customers.
- Take advantage of their industry experience: Houston IT companies have established many partnerships with local businesses which allowed them to become proficient in the locally dominant industries. They are always on top of trends, technological developments and market challenges and opportunities. This is why they are uniquely positioned to help clients in the city’s predominant sectors to better manage their businesses and drive efficiency and growth.
How To Choose The Best Houston IT Company
Selecting the best Houston IT company for your business needs can be a tricky process. To make the process easier for you, we’ve ranked the best-performing companies based on thorough agency selection criteria.
Some of the factors we’ve used are:
- Portfolios and case studies
- Industry reputation and thought leadership
- Clients and reviews
- Business leaders and team expertise
To extend your research and pick the partner that has the relevant expertise and experience to execute your project, take the following steps:
- Define your needs: To understand what type of services your organization should demand, you should think about your internal needs first. Start by reviewing your current technologies, note how old they are, if they are secured and if they do the job properly. In addition, think about your employees, their obligations, what works and what doesn’t as well as how they connect with clients. The info you collect will help you understand what kind of investments you should make and what type of IT services you need exactly.
- Find out if the prospective companies have experience in your industry: Relevant industry experience matters because different sectors will use different technologies. An IT services company in Houston that has previously served clients in the same or similar niche, will be knowledgeable of the ins and outs of your industry’s tech and business operations. This is a key characteristic that allows these experts to deliver successful strategies and accelerate project delivery.
- Find out if they offer technical support: While most of your business operations depend on various technologies and software, it can cost you a lot of money if it happens that they don’t work properly for some reason. Having an IT services company that offers technical support as a partner, will make sure that they function correctly at all times by fixing issues and errors quickly.
- Learn about the staff’s transparency: Before you decide on the best agency partner for your business, make sure you learn which team members will work on your project and how skilled they are. Understand if they can tailor their solutions based on your unique business needs and if they can communicate effectively. These are small factors that can contribute to project success.
15 Questions To Ask IT Services Companies In Houston Before Hiring One
Once you shorten the list of prospective Houston IT companies down, set interviews with each of them and ask the following questions:
- What is your industry expertise? Have you worked on similar projects?
- How will you ensure our business has a highly secure IT environment?
- How well do you understand the current security best practices?
- How long will it take if we require onsite support?
- Will you perform an audit of the technologies we currently use? How will you analyze their capabilities and performance?
- What type of tools do you have access to conduct such analysis?
- Will you send us analytical reports on performance?
- How do you make updates and implement changes in technology?
- Do they have out-of-hours emergency cover?
- Do you have experience in the systems we currently use?
- Do you have experience in developing applications and software?
- Who of your team members will work on our project and what is their level of experience?
- Will you dedicate some professionals to our office? How close will they work with our employees?
- What is the estimated project cost?
- How shall we communicate during the project and how often?
Takeaways On IT Services Companies In Houston
The primary reasons why businesses choose to partner with IT services companies in Houston are:
- The high-quality services they offer
- The bilingual talent they employ
- Their local market expertise
They usually price their projects at hourly rates and you can expect to pay between $25 and $200 per hour.
To pick the most suitable partner for you, consider the following factors:
- Define your needs
- Find out if the prospective companies have experience in your industry
- Find out if they offer technical support
- Learn about the staff’s transparency
Best of luck!