Table of Contents
- What Is A Data Entry Specialist?
- What Do Data Entry Companies Do?
- What Data Entry Services Do These Companies Provide?
- Why Should You Outsource Data Entry Services?
- How Much Do Data Entry Services Cost?
- How To Choose The Right Data Entry Company
- 10 Questions To Ask Data Entry Companies
- Takeaways On Data Entry Services
Data entry specialists are experts who collect paper information from a variety of sources and enter the data into a computer database for storage, processing and analysis.
While data entry might seem like a simple task at first glance, it’s a job that requires a certain level of skill.
Some simple data entry operations like application forms entry and product information entry may require minimal training.
On the other hand, more difficult tasks like medical billing and transcription services entail certification and higher levels of training. Excel proficiency and fast typing are imperative skills for data clerks.
Regardless of the complexity of the project, top data entry companies have teams of experts up to speed on the latest standards and technology to ensure quality data entry services.
What Do Data Entry Companies Do?
Data entry companies manage business information by inputting data into a database on a computer or a cloud-based server.
Businesses need to store their data properly and safely.
When you’re a business on the rise, you have to process and manage a lot of data. This data needs to be stored somewhere.
That’s where data entry companies step in.
Outsourcing your data entry needs can prove to be a major benefit for a lot of reasons:
- Higher security
- More storage space
These companies help you save time and resources, allowing your business to maximize efficiency.
By outsourcing data entry services, you take the workload off your staff and focus your internal resources on what matters more, your products and your consumers.
Data entry firms use onsite or cloud storage systems to store massive amounts of data and process it with ease and quickness while protecting your company against viruses or malware.
Especially in stressful times like the COVID-19 crisis, data and cybersecurity are more important than ever.
The number of malware attacks related to Coronavirus has increased by 475% in March alone, with healthcare and education being the most affected sectors.
This is why you must store your company’s data and ensure it’s being protected from any cyber threats that could come its way.
What Data Entry Services Do These Companies Provide?
Data entry firms provide speedy, efficient and complex data processing, analysis and storing services.
From document translation and audio transcription, to application forms or invoice and billing entry, data entry companies can handle practically anything you throw at them.
These are the data entry services they typically specialize in:
- Invoice and billing data entry
- Image data entry
- CRM data entry
- Product data entry
- eCommerce data entry
- Amazon product listings
- Document conversion
- eBook conversion
- Order processing
- Forms processing
- Mailing list compilation
- And more
Handling data entry in-house can quickly become too costly to sustain, and outsourcing these complex storage tasks will streamline your operations and save your business money.
In addition to the full range of data entry services, some data entry companies also offer services such as data mining, database optimization or marketing support.
Why Should You Outsource Data Entry Services?
If you want your business to thrive, you need to store your data safely, adequately while ensuring it is fully protected.
Data entry specialists know how to sift through numbers, figures and data points to help you with business operations, infrastructure, technology and more.
Here are the key benefits of hiring a data entry company:
#1: Data Storage
One of the biggest uses for large businesses is for general data storage.
Internal information, data and analytics need to be safely stored and easily reachable for businesses to access at any time.
Data entry specialists not only gather and input relevant information but store it securely thanks to their databases and cloud-based storage systems.
They are built to withstand the amount of data that a company accumulates and can be scaled to ever-evolving businesses.
#2: Information Protection
Once your company’s data is stored, it needs to be protected against digital viruses, hackers, malware or dangerous ransomware.
Top data entry services companies integrate complex and comprehensive data protection solutions and systems to ensure that any threat to your data is immediately diagnosed and stopped in its tracks.
They use data protection software or platforms such as Dell EMC, Carbonite or Code 42.
Considering cyberattacks grew 11% in 2019, it’s vital to move your data into a separate storage system to make sure operations don’t slow down and consumers lose trust.
#3: Data Processing
Data processing the operation of drawing insights from raw data.
Data entry companies process data to give your company meaningful information and ensure no duplications or flaws are detected in the system that could cause a malfunction.
#4: Data Analysis
The insights that can be gleaned from data can drastically change how your business runs and operates.
Data entry companies know how to analyze this data to solve vital business problems, coming up with solutions that can steer your products or services towards steady growth and success.
#5: Disaster Recovery
When it comes to data protection, there is a level to it that many companies don’t fully grasp: disaster recovery.
If there is a threat to your data, figures are altered or information is lost, disaster recovery solutions easily retrieve your data in its original state.
According to Statista, in 2019, companies reported an average hourly downtime cost of $301,000-$400,000.
In the event of a data loss incident or a data breach, data entry companies in the U.S. have protocols for disaster and can help you avoid losing money and valuable time.
How Much Do Data Entry Services Cost?
Depending on the data entry goals you have lined up for your business, the pricing structure varies.
Many companies offer flexible models that allow clients to pay by the hour, by the piece or for dedicated resources.
The average cost for data entry services in the United States is $10 per hour, while in other parts of the world it can be as little as $5.
As far as project-based pricing, the range is between $1,000 to $10,000.
How To Choose The Right Data Entry Company
When selecting the best data entry services for your business, be sure to take into account these factors:
- Experience: Outsourcing data means you must relinquish some control over to a third party. To ensure your company’s data is in capable hands, you need to select a vendor with solid experience executing similar projects. The best data entry firms have years of expertise to help businesses complete data entry operations rapidly and flawlessly.
- Speed & accuracy: Data entry operations must be executed accurately and effectively. Choose a company that both guarantees a quick turnaround and an accurate outcome. Be sure to ask data entry specialists what is their protocol for quality control.
- Security: Turning over data to a third party naturally raises concerns about data security. It’s key to choose a data entry company that adheres to stringent security standards to keep your documents safe. Be sure to get a clear picture of their security policies and what are the process and ramifications in the case of a breach.
- Flexibility: The company you choose to partner with should be flexible in terms of project size. If your needs are simple and limited in scope, then scalability may not be your main concern. But if your data entry needs increase, the company’s ability to scale should be taken into consideration.
- Communication: To ensure a fruitful partnership, pick a company with strong communication skills that can listen to your needs and translate them into a strategy for success. The best data entry companies are transparent about the project progress and are proactive about keeping clients in the loop.
- References: Most data entry companies make references available to prospective clients. Checking references is a great way to gain details about a company’s past experiences, their process and results.
10 Questions To Ask Data Entry Companies
- What is your process to ensure data accuracy?
- What is the process of gaining access to my data once we’ve handed it over?
- Who has access to our data?
- What’s the data entry turnaround?
- What protection tools do you use to protect data?
- Have you ever had a security or data breach?
- In your opinion, what is the biggest threat to our data?
- How long does it take to process and analyze the data?
- Do you have scalable solutions?
- Can you speed up the process in case of a data emergency?
Takeaways On Data Entry Services
Our world revolves around data and the useful insights it provides. Data is your company’s most valuable asset and you can’t afford to neglect data management.
Data breaches can significantly hurt your business, resulting in substantial revenue loss.
That is why you need to outsource data entry services to keep your data safe and protected.
Data entry companies in the USA have the tools, resources and storage systems to provide these benefits to your business:
- Data storage
- Data processing
- Data analysis
- Information protection
- Disaster recovery
Most data entry firms have an average hourly pay rate of $10.