Table of Contents
- What Is .NET Application Development?
- The .NET Development Platform, Broken Down Into 3 Parts
- What Is A Full Stack Dot NET Developer?
- Are .NET And ASP .NET The Same?
- Is Dot Net Open Source?
- How The .NET Framework Works For Users
- How To Find The Best .Net Development Company For Your Business
- Who Are The Best .NET Developers Of 2022?
.NET is a highly functional software framework that allows brands to build platforms for the web, mobile devices, desktops, gaming devices, cloud services, the Internet of Things, microservices, machine learning devices and more.
It uses the programming languages C#, F# and Visual Basic, and notably uses just one platform to host code, skills, libraries and more, making it easy for .NET development companies to build and scale platforms.
The .NET framework was developed by Microsoft to run primarily on their Windows operating system. However, it is no longer Windows-exclusive and today, thanks to a set of tools called .NET Core, which include runtime, libraries and compilers, it is possible to create .NET apps that run on other operating systems such as macOS or Linux.
Since Microsoft developed it, it is only natural to look to it for what .NET is. According to Microsoft, .NET is a free, cross-platform and open-source developer platform for building many different types of applications.
Today, almost 30 million live websites use Asp .NET, according to this report.
.NET application development is the process of building and executing a project powered by .NET software framework.
Top .NET development companies will work with brands to:
- Determine the scope of the project.
- Design the interface.
- Write code and develop the platform.
- Test the platform to ensure functionality.
- Take the platform live.
- Issue ongoing support to ensure the platform works well.
Here are the services that the .NET framework provides to running apps, according to Microsoft:
- Memory management
- Common type system
- Extensive class library
- Development frameworks and technologies
- Language interoperability
- Version compatibility
- Side-by-side execution
The .NET Development Platform, Broken Down Into 3 Parts
The .NET development platform consists of three parts.
- .NET Framework - which includes Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Forms, ASP .NET and Base Class Library (BCL).
- .NET Core - consisting of ASP .NET Core and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
Xamarin - which is used for macOS products and mobile apps.
In 2016, a new .NET Standard was introduced by Microsoft in an effort to combine APIs from these three.
Thanks to this, .NET companies can use one .NET standard library for all .NET parts, instead of a separate one for each.
What Is A Full Stack Dot NET Developer?
Any software developers that can help build a platform through .NET software frameworks are considered .NET developers.
However, there are two kinds of developers based on which side of the interface they are working on - the user or the admin side.
- Front end developers build the user-facing interface. This is what the user sees when they open a web page.
- Back end developers write code to connect the front end with the back end and build customer managing systems (CMS).
A full-stack .NET developer builds both front end and back end in .NET projects. Their wide range of skills enables them to work with both technologies well, and -- in certain projects -- can lessen the number of team members needed to finish a .NET software project.
So why is a full-stack .NET developer a better choice than either a front end or back end one?
Well, there are three key reasons a full-stack dot NET development companies may be the right choice for your project:
- Full-stack .NET development companies can save your company money if one team member has different roles. Of course, you shouldn’t take this to the extreme, but in this case, it can reduce personnel and operational costs.
- Full-stack .NET developers can also help you run your system more smoothly.
- Finally, full-stack .NET development companies can also jump in when another member of the development team has a problem and ensure the project does not halt.
Are .NET And ASP .NET The Same?
In your search for the .NET development companies, or just to learn what .NET is, you might have run into the term ASP .NET. Is this just another way to refer to .NET or something entirely different?
In a way, .NET and ASP .NET are one and the same. NET is the overarching software framework. It has many different types of programming languages within it that are used to build various platforms and programs.
ASP .NET is simply a part of the .NET library that builds websites and is built on the .NET framework. Its main task is to provide some additional functionality for web development.
Is Dot Net Open Source?
.NET used to require a paid license to use, but thankfully, Microsoft made the .NET Core open-source and free to use. You can check it out on GitHub.
That means that .NET is open to contributors. Currently, there are over 60,000 active OSS individual contributors (developers) and more than 3,700 OSS contributors at .NET development companies.
In large part, this is possible thanks to an organization called .NET Foundation whose primary task is to promote open-source development and collaboration around the .NET system and the dedicated .NET developing community on GitHub.
Currently, .NET Foundation includes more than 50 open-source projects.
How The .NET Framework Works For Users
Since you are not a developer, but someone who is looking to hire a .NET developer company, don’t worry if your knowledge of .NET framework is “lacking”.
The thing is, if you are using Windows OS, .NET should already be installed on your machine. But, even if you don’t have it, if you install an application that requires .NET framework then that application’s setup program should install the version of the .NET framework that it needs to run.
.NET provides a number of benefits to the end-user, including:
- Improving performance through just-in-time (JIT) compilation, early binding and caching services.
- It’s easy to write pages and maintain them since the source code and HTML are together and the code is executed on the server.
- Applications are safe thanks to the built-in Windows authentication.
- The amount of code needed to build large applications is significantly decreased.
How To Find The Best .Net Development Company For Your Business
Making the right choice for your .NET development partner will help your brand grow. However, the wrong choice can be a detriment.
Don’t worry, we are going to arm you with enough information and choices that it will be almost impossible to make the wrong decision.
We are going to look into what the best ways to screen a .NET development company are, but, in general, there are two main qualities that you should keep in mind if you want your search for a top .NET development firm to be successful.
Before you start looking for the best .NET software development companies, determine how much money you are willing to spend on your development work. This will greatly define your list of quality .NET development companies who can operate effectively within your price range.
The best .NET development agencies should have ample experience solving similar business problems through .NET software development as what you're searching for.
Remember to ask specific questions in order to understand if a .NET development company has a strong enough skill set to help you reach your goals.
Of course, these aren’t the only factors you should consider when you are about to hire .NET development companies, but in general, it’s a good place to start.
For instance, you can ask the .NET developer companies certain questions such as:
- Show you some tech skill knowledge that your software project may require, such as ASP.NET, SQL Server, Ajax...
- If you have an outstanding project issue, you can ask .NET development companies how they would solve it.
- What is each company’s level of functional programming?
- Do they have knowledge of the .NET framework and its features?
- What is their level of understanding of Object-Oriented programming?
- Are these experts easy to work with?
You should also look to see if these developers have any relevant certifications.
A couple of certifications that should stand out in your search are:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).
- Microsoft Training Associate (MTA).
Who Are The Best .NET Developers Of 2022?
In a perfect world, there wouldn’t be much need for a .NET framework as all your applications could patch themselves in self-contained packages. However, we don’t live in that perfect world.
And thus, .NET development companies need a package like dot NET to access databases, web services and other tools,.NET is not perfect, but it makes life for .NET developer companies a lot easier.
There are several reasons why hiring a dedicated and professional .NET developer company is a good idea.
- They can help you develop great-looking web apps.
- .NET development companies can improve the security of your applications.
- With the help of ASP. NET, website configuration, client authentication and deployment become much easier.