Table of Contents
- What Is A BigCommerce Web Designer?
- What Do BigCommerce Designers Do?
- What Are The Different Types Of BigCommerce Website Design Companies?
- How Much Do BigCommerce Web Designers Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire BigCommerce Designers?
- How To Hire The Best BigCommerce Web Designer For Your Project
- 15 Questions To Ask BigCommerce Designers Before You Hire One
- Last Tips To Consider Before Hiring A BigCommerce Web Designer
A BigCommerce web designer specializes in creating cost-effective, fully functional and appealing websites using the BigCommerce platform.
Thanks to the innovative solutions they offer, their products are secure, scalable and highly customized to meet their client’s needs and requirements.
BigCommerce websites are easy to manage and have many features that can boost your website performance.
According to Enlyft, 19,645 businesses use BigCommerce in their marketing strategies. With 78%, the majority of them are small companies.
The top five industries that this platform powers include:
- Apparel & fashion
- Consumer goods
- Health, wellness and fitness
BigCommerce web designers can help you connect with your audience and provide your clients with a satisfactory user experience by making payments easy, secure and smooth.
What Do BigCommerce Designers Do?
BigCommerce designers help brands like yours reach the right audience, fight the competition and boost conversions by developing a website that runs quickly and efficiently.
Some of their primary responsibilities include:
- Market research
- Competition analysis
- Theme customization
- Payment gateway integration
- WordPress integration
- And more
With the highly customized services they offer, these experts can help you take advantage of the potential internet sales offer.
What Are The Different Types Of BigCommerce Website Design Companies?
We can place BigCommerce website design companies into several groups based on:
- The types of websites they create: These agencies work on different projects. Some of them focus on particular industries while others accumulate experience in various sectors.
- The type of businesses they work with: BigCommerce web designers work with a different kind of clientele. Some of them focus on helping small businesses whereas others serve well-established brands.
- Their location: These firms are located in different locations which will influence their rates. So, an NYC-based company will typically charge more than other US agencies due to the higher competitive environment and higher cost of living.
How Much Do BigCommerce Web Designers Charge For Their Services?
This platform offers its own pricing structures.
So, how much the top BigCommerce web designers will charge you primarily depends on which plan can meet your requirements the best.
You can choose from:
- Standard ($29.95/mo)
- Plus (79.95/mo)
- Pro (249.95/mo)
- Enterprise (custom pricing)
The Standard plan is the best option for startups and small businesses since it offers all the necessary features that make online selling possible.
The Plus and the Pro plan are most suitable for growing businesses. The main difference is in the number of online sales they can make and a few advanced features like Google reviews, product filtering and custom SSL.
Finally, the Enterprise plan offers plenty of features that large companies need to run their businesses smoothly.
BigCommerce designers, on the other hand, usually charge per hour.
The cost ranges between $25 and $100. The factors that will influence the fee are the companies’ size, location and stature.
Why Hire BigCommerce Designers?
BigCommerce is one of the leading eCommerce providers that offer great features and high scalability.
It is designed for small and large businesses to grow fast by allowing them to easily sell physical or digital goods.
Here are the top advantages of working with BigCommerce website designers and getting a cutting-edge website build with this platform:
#1: Recover Cart Abandonments
72.8% of retail consumers abandon their carts. (OptinMonster)
The number of visitors who leave web pages without completing their desired actions is huge.
According to the Baymard Institute, the biggest reasons behind these cart abandonments are:
- Too high extra costs
- Asking for account creation
- Too long/complicated checkout processes
- Issues with site trust and credibility
- Website errors/crashes
...which ultimately affects businesses’ conversions and sales.
BigCommerce websites have a unique feature called Abandoned Cart Saver which can help you recover your lost sales.
It is a simple but yet effective tool that automatically sends customizable emails to consumers who don’t complete their purchases and reminds them to go back and check out.
These may include different offers such as coupon codes.
A professional BigCommerce web designer will help you take advantage of this tool and use it properly.
They can assist you with:
- Setting best sending times
- Customizing offers to fit your clients' needs
- Tracking analytics and measuring results
#2: Optimize Your Website For Search Engines
A high 87% of buyers are now searching for products online. (Retail Dive)
The traffic that websites get primarily comes from organic search. And the key factor that will improve your search engine rankings and the number of clicks is SEO.
A good SEO not only makes your website visible for your audience, but it also enhances user experience, engagement and conversions.
One of the greatest benefits of working with BigCommerce website design companies is that the websites they create have built-in SEO tools that boost your website performance.
- Page titles, meta description, headings optimization
- SSL security technology
- Clean and highly customizable URLs
- Fast speed
Partnering with BigCommerce designers will ensure you use these tools appropriately.
In addition, another benefit of working with these experts is that they understand search engines like Google and Bing well.
They know the key ranking factors and are always on top of algorithm updates. This allows them to get you a spot that will drive clicks and qualified leads.
#3: Increase Customer Loyalty
43% of buyers spend more money at brands they’re loyal to. (Fundera)
Businesses always put their loyal customers first and they mostly focus their marketing strategies to retain them rather than to acquire new ones.
This is because loyal customers are returning clients and they significantly increase your revenue.
To maintain this meaningful relationship and make them keep coming back you need to nurture them.
A BigCommerce web designer can help you retain your loyal customers by building websites with the platform which offers to send:
- Personalized emails
- Coupons codes
- Gift cards
- Sale notifications
Like this, you will stay in touch with your clients, remind them of your existence and increase their satisfaction.
#4: Start Selling Quicker
eCommerce retail sales are expected to reach $6.5 billion by 2022. (Statista)
Time is money.
And most of the retailers will not start making sales until their online store is live.
Due to the fact that BigCommerce websites and apps require minimal developer work, your project will be finished quickly.
With BigCommerce you can simply choose among the many templates this platform offers. Then your partner will customize it, add the necessary features and launch your highly functional online store.
How To Hire The Best BigCommerce Web Designer For Your Project
With so many choices, your search for the right BigCommerce web designer can be a tricky process.
Luckily, there are a few factors that can make your research easier and smoother.
They are the following:
- Goals: Define your business objectives and requirements to be able to find an agency that can meet your expectations.
- Cost: Think about how much you can spend on BigCommerce website design and set a reasonable budget. Then, ask each of the companies for a price estimate to find the right fit.
- Reviews: Read what past clients say about the best BigCommerce designers to understand how reliable they are and what possible results they may deliver.
- Portfolio: Go through their work to get an insight into their past project and clients, their industry expertise and level of experience.
- Location: Ask yourself whether the distance of your BigCommerce designers is something that matters to you. Although the location is not a make or break factor in the choice of the right company, yet it all depends on your preferences.
- Strategic approach: Find out how these BigCommerce web designers create their strategies to discover what approach they have towards the web design process.
15 Questions To Ask BigCommerce Designers Before You Hire One
Ask the potential BigCommerce designers the following questions to get a better understanding of what your partnership may look like:
- What type of BigCommerce web design services do you offer?
- Does this platform offer fully customizable websites?
- According to my needs and requirements, what features are available and can be incorporated in my website?
- What payment systems does this platform support? What do you think is the best option for my site?
- What is your approach towards the web design process?
- Do you have experience in my industry or in a similar one? Can you show me some examples of the projects you’ve worked on?
- What SEO features does it include and how can they boost my website performance?
- Will my site be mobile responsive?
- Which of your designers will work on my project? What is their level of experience?
- How often will we communicate?
- Who will be the contact person?
- Do you have a crisis management plan?
- What is your project management structure? How will you make sure my project is delivered on time?
- Do you offer post-launch support and maintenance?
- How much will my website cost?
Last Tips To Consider Before Hiring A BigCommerce Web Designer
BigCommerce web designers create highly customized, fully functional and compelling websites that rank higher on search engines, recover lost sales and boost customer loyalty.
To make a smart choice and pick the right partner for your business, make sure you consider the companies’ reviews, past work, location, cost of services and strategic approach.
And, if you still find it difficult to narrow the list of potential candidates down, here are a few last tips to make your choice easier:
- Sign an agreement policy: The BigCommerce web designer you hire should deliver a website that is fully functional and without any issues. So, to ensure its quality, sign a contract that will serve as a form of a warranty.
- Ask if they are BigCommerce certified: The partner you pick should also be certified in the platform. So, make sure the agency you choose to work with has the necessary technical expertise.
- Support and maintenance: Search for BigCommerce designers who offer post-launch support and want to build a long-term relationship. This way you will ensure the success of your project.
Best of luck!