Table of Contents
- What Makes WooCommerce Development Unique?
- What Do WooCommerce Developers Do?
- How Much Do WooCommerce Development Companies Charge?
- Why Opt For WooCommerce Development?
- Why Is WooCommerce So Popular?
- The Top Advantages of Employing WooCommerce Developers
- How To Find The Right WooCommerce Development Company For Your Business
- 10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring a WooCommerce Developer
- Last Tips After Signing The Contract With WooCommerce Developers
What Makes WooCommerce Development Unique?
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce platform for WordPress.
As such, it offers all the benefits of WordPress, including its advanced search engine optimization (SEO) features.
One of the main advantages of WooCommerce is cost. The basic version of the platform is free, while some themes and additional features are relatively affordable.
Additionally, at its simplest, WooCommerce development requires only ten minutes!
Cost and simplicity make this one of the go-to eCommerce for startups and small businesses.
However, with over 325 advanced extensions, WooCommerce is highly popular among large corporations as well.
What Do WooCommerce Developers Do?
WooCommerce developers provide a variety of services, from end-to-end development to add-ons, integrations and maintenance.
Here are some additional WooCommerce development services:
- Design: With thousands of available themes, these experts help you select and customize the look-and-feel of your online store.
- SEO: The top WooCommerce development companies will offer eCommerce marketing and SEO services to increase your online store’s traffic and funnel in more qualified leads.
- Project management: The top experts will be able to take on the entire store building project, from conceptualization to development and marketing.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance: Online stores require continuous maintenance and support to remain relevant and competitive.
- And more
How Much Do WooCommerce Development Companies Charge?
Just like with other companies, the cost of your WooCommerce development project will depend on various factors:
- License cost, including additional features and add-ons
- Development partner’s location
- Development partner’s industry reputation
- The scope and complexity of your project
Generally, as an open-source platform, this platform is ideal for startups and smaller businesses due to its lower cost.
While additional features do add to the cost, the product is still one of the most affordable on the market so it is a perfect fit for businesses that don’t have a big eCommerce development budget.
Here’s how much you can expect WooCommerce developers to charge:
- 0 – 1500$: This is the price for small to mid-level sized business, where the project does not include many customized solutions.
- 1500 – 6000$: This price-range is best suited for average-sized eCommerce businesses.
- 10,000 – $30,000: If a company is looking for a customized theme and all-inclusive features, then this is the budget for WooCommerce developers.
We’ve determined how much a typical WooCommerce expert charges for a website.
Why Opt For WooCommerce Development?
Besides its affordability, with the right development partner, the platform has a lot to offer.
It powers millions of online stores worldwide, helping businesses both big and small access new markets and grow revenue.
Here are some interesting facts about WooCommerce:
1. WooCommerce is used by 5.8% of all websites. (Source: w3techs)
WooCommerce offers a wide spectrum of features and pricing options, making it accessible and valuable to businesses of all sizes.
As such, it holds a significant share of the eCommerce market, and it has been growing steadily year after year.
- Fun fact: Some of the top brands that use WooCommerce development services are GhostBed, Airstream and All Blacks.
2. 26% of the world’s top eCommerce websites use WooCommerce. (Source: BuiltWith)
Though its affordable and easy-to-use features make it accessible to smaller businesses, WooCommerce also offers advanced eCommerce features.
As such, it is highly popular among brand name businesses that operate high-traffic online stores.
3. WooCommerce has 94% market share of WordPress eCommerce plugins. (Source: barn2)
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems on the market.
Its parent company, Automattic, owns and develops WooCommerce which is why the platform dominates the WordPress eCommerce plugins market.
Why Is WooCommerce So Popular?
The answer lies in its simplicity and availability. The platform is user-friendly for both the content managers and developers.
Some of its core benefits include:
- It has a rich library of easy-to-add and easy-to-use features that make WooCommerce-based stores customizable and scalable.
- With the growing number of users now relying on their smartphones for online purchases, the platform has become very mobile-friendly.
- The platform is secure and offers additional features for added protection.
The Top Advantages of Employing WooCommerce Developers
Companies rely on the assistance of WooCommerce web developers to develop, enhance or reinvent their unique online stores, making them able to scale as their business grows.
Here are the top advantages of doing business WooCommerce developers:
- Reaching a wider audience: This WordPress plugin facilitates search engine optimization, helping your pages rank higher on Google Search Results and, in turn, reach qualified leads organically.
- Staying relevant within your industry: An increasing number of physical retailers are entering the eCommerce space to expand their markets and business potential. However, staying relevant in your industry requires much more than mere online presence; It requires a highly functional online store that provides superior customer experience and optimizes customer journeys – something WooCommerce developers can help you achieve.
- Structure: Well-conceptualized and developed online stores streamline data and customer interactions management, from lead generation to order tracking. They also automate numerous tasks, most notably marketing. As such, they provide structure to your eCommerce management process and require less investment in the long-run, both financially and in terms of human resources.
- Long-term cost savings: Though eCommerce development platforms offer DIY suites, businesses that wish to scale their online stores over time as advised to seek professional development services instead. With expert help, your online store will gain a solid foundation that needs minimal investment over time, while poorly developed stores require re-dos and extra investment to fix not only the platform itself but the workflows as well.
How To Find The Right WooCommerce Development Company For Your Business
Now that you know what the advantages of hiring WooCommerce experts are, it is time to think about what might be necessary for your business:
- Industry-specific experience: Would your online store benefit from your partner’s previous industry experience? More complex stores typically save time and improve performance by partnering with experts in their domain.
- Services and technical skillset: Do WooCommerce developers you are researching offer the services you require, including maintenance? Development companies offer different services and foster different technical expertise, so be sure to find the one that matches your requirements.
- Client reviews: Does the company report positive client feedback? Previous client experience speaks to the company’s reliability and ease of collaboration.
10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring a WooCommerce Developer
Choosing which WooCommerce development company to hire can be challenging.
That’s why it helps to set up an interview and have a clear outline of what you’re looking for from your partnership.
Here are the questions you need to ask:
- Do you have any industry-relevant experience regarding my business?
- Why do you think that WooCommerce is the best fit for my company?
- Which WooCommerce features do you think my business can benefit most from?
- How long will the development process take?
- Will my website include a responsive design?
- Will you provide me with website management assistance?
- Will my website include SEO and Search Page Optimization?
- How much will you charge for your services?
- Are there any additional costs that I should be aware of?
- What is expected of me?
Last Tips After Signing The Contract With WooCommerce Developers
You have found a WooCommerce developer that is a perfect fit for your business.
They have passed your rigorous vetting process and you have signed an agreement with them!
As you prepare to get your project started, there are a few more things to bear in mind:
- Show interest: Aside from running your own business, always take a keen interest in how your WooCommerce development partners are doing. Monitor their progress and performance regularly to ensure your project is developed on time and on par with your expectations.
- Offer assistance: Support your developers with the relevant resources and input in a timely manner. Remember: Reaching your objective takes a collaborative effort.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends: To understand and provide valuable input during the development process, stay on top of the latest trends.
Scroll Up To Our List To Find The Top WooCommerce Developers And Pick A Partner Today!