Table of Contents
- What Is NetSuite Consulting?
- What Does a NetSuite Consulting Firm Do?
- Why Hire NetSuite Consulting Companies?
- How Much Do NetSuite Consultants Charge for Their Services?
- How To Find the Right NetSuite Consulting Services for Your Business?
- 5 Questions to Ask When Interviewing NetSuite Consultants
- Takeaways on NetSuite Consulting Services
NetSuite consulting refers to the overall management of the NetSuite system and many other technical details by taking care of possible disruptions.
NetSuite is a cloud-based software that offers functionalities necessary to operate many business processes, such as:
- Supply chain
NetSuite is used for:
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Managing inventory
- Tracking finances and e-commerce
- Maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) systems
NetSuite consulting companies provide continuous support and education for their clients to ensure they get the most out of the software.
What Does a NetSuite Consulting Firm Do?
NetSuite consultants bring expert knowledge on implementing software items and suggest a potential customized strategy.
Responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Development and implementation of NetSuite customized fields
- Complete analysis of currently used software
- Optimization of management
- Improvement of technical skills
- Control of mass data exports and imports
- Handling testing procedures (test scripts, test data, etc.)
- Development of complete materials for end-users
- Gathering the project requirements
Why Hire NetSuite Consulting Companies?
NetSuite consulting agencies follow through the entire NetSuite software development life cycle.
The company you hire will lead the strategy’s implementation after you determine the requirements and ensure timely delivery with low-risk possibilities. The risk management part is handled by collaborating with technical teams who deliver custom-made solutions.
The benefits of outsourcing these consultants are:
- Creating client databases
- Interpretation of business requirement
- Analysis of feedback and reviews
- Regular communication with the internal team
- Comparison of the results with your goals and expectations
How Much Do NetSuite Consultants Charge for Their Services?
NetSuite consulting firms spend around 50 to 150 hours on the project, investing their time in gathering the requirements for the NetSuite implementation. Implementation partners' consulting rates vary, but often charge between $150 and $250 per hour.
It is better to invest in a good partner from the beginning of the implementation journey than to pay double the price later with additional changes and cost requirements.
The number of hours that the firm will invest in your project depends on its complexity. NetSuite implementation costs range from $25,000 to over $100,000.
How To Find the Right NetSuite Consulting Services for Your Business?
The decision to go with the NetSuite system and see the increase in efficiency and scalability means you must find the best possible NetSuite consulting services.
The project's full realization can deliver the right solutions for your business concerns.
Take into account the following steps:
Step #1: Learn about NetSuite consultants
Each company has an individual focus and is determined to provide its services in the best way possible. But only if you dive into the analysis entirely can you find what you need.
To find the perfect match for your business, you should learn about a few things that can clarify your search.
Here are some of the factors you might take a look at:
- Company culture: You will be working with the team for weeks, or maybe for months, and they will be an extension of the staff you currently work with. It shows the values of a team with whom you will communicate regularly, so be sure that communication goes smoothly between your internal team and the providers of NetSuite consulting services.
- Company size: The smaller firms are preferable to larger ones because prices are competitive, and the experience is often better than that of prominent corporations. Teams at the smaller companies nourish more personal interaction with the client’s implementation team.
Step #2: NetSuite consulting with proven methodologies
Having a support team working in total reliability means they already know about your company’s niche. A NetSuite consulting company can support your goals only with tried-and-true techniques. Experience means a longer track record of NetSuite deployments.
Industry-specific methodologies, in addition to having NetSuite-specific years of experience, quickly become a winning combination. Some of the firms specialize in only a single industry, such as development of custom software or retail.
Step #3: Firms with the expertise you need
NetSuite consulting firms bring implementation with higher knowledge and skills to the table. Some firms have followed a whole life cycle of over fifty installations.
If you are planning a larger and more complex project (ERP is one of them), be sure your consultants saw enough failures and successes to comprehend any assignment on your project.
An experienced team can make the beginning steps easier since they have answers to most of your questions. The outsourced consultants will implement a unique methodology for your project and lead it from start to completion.
Step #4: Find a company with proven credibility
Credibility can be proved in several ways, and some of them are references, reviews or certifications.
- Certifications: Assessing the credibility of a NetSuite consulting firm is to check if they are certified or not. Certification means authorized recognition and proves partner credibility and standards.
- Reviews and references: Looking for NetSuite support leads you to search in a developing market. Check excellent references or personal reviews from previous clients. Their experience with the particular firm that you are interested in can help you decide more easily when finding the perfect business partner for your project.
Step #5: Start the search for NetSuite consulting services at the right time
When planning a NetSuite project, it is not advisable to begin working with consultants too early. On the other hand, waiting too long is not a good choice either.
Starting at the right time early in the project allows their expertise to build a quality roadmap for your company’s project. NetSuite consulting services bring you a fully prepared plan, a well-built team, timely execution, support and consistent training of your company’s team.
5 Questions to Ask When Interviewing NetSuite Consultants
Fully understanding the firm that you are interviewing makes it possible for you to choose the right partner with complete confidence. In the following sections, you can find top ten questions to ask the NetSuite consulting company you are interviewing.
Questions #1: Are you educated in the theoretical NetSuite knowledge?
Knowing basic knowledge about NetSuite is a must, and even if some do not know how to verbalize correctly or do not have developed soft skills, their tech knowledge must be precise.
Some of those questions can be:
- Which type of database is NetSuite?
- What does ERP mean?
- What is the difference between CRM and ERP?
Question #2: Can you describe to us the functionalities of NetSuite features?
NetSuite consultants who develop and maintain your NetSuite project need to comprehend NetSuite’s features to help your business grow.
Asking about describing and listing processes can show the consultant’s logic when working in NetSuite.
Questions #3: Could you tell us about potential challenges with NetSuite?
Identify the ‘how’ and ‘why’ behind the situation in which your future NetSuite consulting partner is trying to prove their problem-solving skills and decision-making process.
- Please tell us about a project which has not gone well. Please explain what happened and what your response was.
- Please talk us through a situation of implementing a new process and resolving an existing problem.
Question #4: How do you ensure you completed all required tasks effectively?
You want team players that work together harmoniously, so consider their communication style, including judgment-making abilities.
- Can you tell us about the last complex project you delivered as a successful team? How did you contribute?
Question #5: How do you make sure you fully understand the client’s needs?
Active listeners bring value to the team because there will be times when collaborating on requests will be challenging.
Takeaways on NetSuite Consulting Services
NetSuite consulting companies specialize in NetSuite to provide you with the best possible results. However, to form a successful project and a high-performing NetSuite task flow, you must carefully choose top-tier firms.
These specialized firms help other companies achieve specific tasks such as:
- Development of NetSuite customized fields
- Optimization of management
- Improvement of technical skills
- Continuity of training
- Test procedures
- Management of mass data
- And more
The cost of NetSuite consulting services ranges between $150 and $250 per hour.
When choosing your NetSuite consulting company, think about:
- NetSuite certifications
- References and reviews
- Relevant expertise
Best of luck!