Table of Contents
- What Makes a Chicago Video Production Company Unique?
- What Do Agencies for Video Productions in Chicago Specialize in?
- Why Hire Video Production Services in Chicago?
- How Much Do Firms for Video Production in Chicago Charge for Their Services?
- How to Find the Right Company for Video Productions in Chicago for Your Business?
- 10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Chicago Video Production Company
- Takeaways on Chicago Video Production Company
What Makes a Chicago Video Production Company Unique?
Chicago is the third largest city in the United States, with a population of almost three million. Its structure is well-developed and is built with:
- 50 wards
- 77 community areas
- 100 neighborhoods
Chicago and its suburbs comprise the Chicago Metropolitan Area, home to 36 Fortune 500 companies. Chicago region has a diverse economy where each industry has room for growth. Different industries play major roles in the development and maintenance of the city’s strong economy:
- Financial trading & services
- Food processing
The wide range of niches in the Chicago market creates a solid ground for building experience for a Chicago video production company. Each company has a place in the system and is surrounded by an extensive network of connections and opportunities.
The economic output of Chicago in the gross metropolitan product (GMP) totaled $770.7 billion in 2020, making Chicago's GMP the third largest in the United States.
The resiliency of the Chicago region's economic structure can be tracked by overall productivity and personal incomes. And Chicago is a proven leader in various cultural activities connected to various artistic creations, from writing and composing, to performing and producing.
The City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) continuously supports artists and invests in Chicago’s creative economy. The DCASE programs serve all visitors across the city. It offers assistance from resources and cultural grants, supports TV and film production, and permits special events throughout the city.
These creative departments are closely connected to video production services in Chicago. They are well-developed and diverse:
- 40+ annual film festivals
- 74 music festivals
- More than 200 theaters
- 20+ film and filmmaker nonprofit organizations
- 12+ art houses and independent cinemas
- 13.000 film and TV production jobs
- 400+ individual film and TV productions
What Do Agencies for Video Productions in Chicago Specialize in?
There are several types of specializations for creatives who are experts in video production in Chicago. The prime aim of the videos is to send a carefully conveyed message to your company’s target audience.
Some of the types of specializations are as follows:
Specialization #1: Educational and How-to Videos
The educational video format is one of the most popular ways to reach viewers because it represents a set of steps to accomplish. This type of content tells your product’s story and provides content that is easy to follow.
It means easier connection with the audience and possible lead conversion according to your company’s business goals.
Specialization #2: Social Media Videos
Chicago video production company has expertise in the creation of short-form videos for social media. These are crafted to drive engagement and captivate viewers.
Social media videos can be shared on multiple channels, and some of them are:
- Instagram (feed, stories, IGTV)
- Facebook (feed, stories)
- LinkedIn (feed, stories)
This means that more brand awareness is within your company’s reach. Use or reuse video content and get more exposure in a new way with video content that connects to your audience.
Specialization #3: Promotional Videos
You sharing your company’s story matters because it bridges the gap between your future clients. It conveys the message with clear and concise storytelling. You can leverage the power of video and strengthen your marketing strategy by hiring video productions from Chicago.
In-detail analysis of your company’s values leads to creating a video that helps you attract new clients and grow your business.
Specialization #4: Animated Videos
Animated videos are developed in a style and tone that delivers information to the target audience in a precise and eye-catching way. These videos are created with:
- Original designs
- Computer-generated effects
Although they sometimes integrate live-action videos, this is often optional to convey a story or an idea. Creators of the video mix animation and motion graphics to create a stimulating and engaging video for the audience.
Why Hire Video Production Services in Chicago?
Reason 1#: Local Support
The Chicago Film Office’s Independent Film Initiative is a program that retains and grows the local video and filmmaking community. They successfully increased the number of Chicago-produced independents:
- Shorts and web series
These investments are accelerating the viability of the projects and increasing the number of independent video productions in Chicago.
Reason #2: Continuous Investments
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) and the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) invest in media production.
Their work resulted in an economic impact of nearly $560 million which means an annual rise of 18%, in local expenditures and job creation.
Reason #3: Quality Education
Regarding the numbers of students themselves, 41% of people aged 25 years or older graduated from university with at least a bachelor's degree. The total number of students enrolled in educational institutions in Chicago is more than 640.000 people, which is about 5% of the whole of Illinois state.
Chicago has a top-tier education landscape, providing people working in video production in Chicago with a chance to acquire high-quality knowledge. Some of the best-ranked universities in Chicago are:
- University of Chicago
- Northwestern University
- The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Loyola University Chicago
How Much Do Firms for Video Production in Chicago Charge for Their Services?
Every Chicago video production company has several price packages according to the client’s specific needs. Searching for a fitting business partner means having all the needed information about their pay structure.
When it comes to the pricing standards of the video production services in Chicago, they depend on the expertise, and the following are the approximate hourly rates:
- Pre-production expertise team costs from $75 to $250 per hour
- Actors and presenters rate their skills from $50 to $500 per hour
- Direction ranges between $75 to $250 per hour
- Cameraman or Director of Photography needs your investment of about $50 to $250 per hour
- Editors range their prices from $50 to $200 per hour
- Animators have rates between $75 to $500 per hour
- Post-production graphic development ranges mostly from $75 to $150 per hour
- Production equipment costs from $25 to $300 per hour
How to Find the Right Company for Video Productions in Chicago for Your Business?
Following are the three easy steps to pay attention to when looking for the perfect Chicago video production company:
Step #1: Check Social Media Profiles
Social media is one of the best places to see what the company offers in terms of video content. Most companies will prove their expertise on their accounts; you can expect similar results for yourself.
Check their older work and see if they improved in time. Most companies level up in continuity, so look at their last year’s work or even results from two or more years ago.
Step #2: Look at Their Portfolio
If you are looking for creative solutions focused only on your industry, see if the agency already has experience in a niche closely related to yours. Also, ensure that your company is the complete owner of the material used in the video.
Go through the agency’s portfolio and check the following several points:
- Famous brands as clients
- Inspirational content
- General online reputation
Step #3: Read the Testimonials
The more positive reviews the Chicago video production company has, the more likely it will deliver results and meet its commitments.
Many companies today share the testimonials publicly but feel free to ask for additional feedback from previous clients. Question your future business partner about potential negative feedback and listen to their response.
10 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Chicago Video Production Company
- Can you share the results from the previous videos you’ve made?
- Could you share with our reviews from your clients?
- Who is the communication point with our team during the production process?
- Do you have any fresh ideas for our content strategy?
- Do you have experience in the industry that my company belongs to?
- Can you share with us the deadline we can expect for each step in the production process?
- What is the number of meetings we will have weekly?
- How do you cover potential errors in the process?
- Did any of your videos fail the planned marketing campaigns?
- Will you be able to deliver the planned results within our budget?
Takeaways on Chicago Video Production Company
When finding the right firm to provide you with video production services in Chicago, feel free to ask the team about their approach to the videography process.
Your future business companion must provide you with a clear plan and direct terms and conditions of your collaboration. This plays a crucial role in creating long-term optimum communication and results.
Skim through our agency directory to find the perfect-fitting business partner by filtering through hourly rates, budget, and client reviews.