Table of Contents
- What Makes Web Design Companies In North Carolina Unique?
- What Do Web Designers In North Carolina Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Web Design Companies In North Carolina?
- How Much Do Web Designers In North Carolina Charge?
- Why Hire Web Designers In North Carolina?
- How To Select The Best Web Design Company In North Carolina
- 10 Questions To Ask Web Designers In North Carolina
- Takeaways On Web Design Companies In North Carolina
What Makes Web Design Companies In North Carolina Unique?
Forbes ranks North Carolina the best state in the US for business. Why is the Southern state holding first position?
With a GDP of $508.63 billion in 2019, North Carolina has one of the most solid economies in the country.
The state’s output and employment are distributed among a variety of sectors, from food processing, banking or textiles to aerospace, biotechnology, IT, transportation, automotive and more.
Its low cost of doing business (10% below the national average, according to Forbes), resilient infrastructure and highly skilled talent pool are key reasons why North Carolina attracts leading companies and entrepreneurs.
These are also the main reasons why the Tar Heel State entices some of the best professionals in the country, including web designers.
North Carolina is home to Research Triangle Park, the largest research park in the States. It comprises three universities: North Carolina State University, Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel.
These internationally acclaimed educational institutions produce the world’s leading experts in fields like IT, medicine, bioscience, engineering, computer science and more.
Research Triangle Park also houses numerous companies, including startups, nonprofits, science firms and tech giants like IBM, Cisco Systems or GlaxoSmithKline.
Serving brands like these, it’s clear that web designers in North Carolina need to stay ahead of the curve and continuously sharpen their skills to meet the high standards of quality their clients demand.
As a world-renowned hub for high-tech research and development, North Carolina boasts a highly educated workforce.
This can only tell you that web design companies in North Carolina are bristling with eminently qualified, forward-thinking and talented specialists who can provide internationally competitive services.
North Carolina’s cost of living is below the US average which makes it an attractive place not only for qualified professionals but also for corporate headquarters and entrepreneurs of all stripes.
As such, the rate of new entrepreneurs in North Carolina has reached 0.25% in 2019, making the Southern state emerge as a significant startup hub on the US map.
Its capital city, Raleigh, hosts many startups, mostly in the tech industry. With a 7% tech talent concentration, Raleigh is the tenth talent market in the US. Moreover, Glassdoor ranked it the first best city for jobs in 2020.
In fact, North Carolina has added 15,085 new tech jobs between 2018 and 2019.
This means that web design companies in North Carolina employ top-tier IT talent that can offer first-rate services.
In addition, North Carolina has enjoyed a 1.7% job market growth in the last year and is predicted to reach 37.6% in the next ten years, higher than the US average.
The low cost of living, stable job market, prestigious schools and increasing employment opportunities make North Carolina a magnet for high-end talent from across the country as well as the globe.
Therefore, the Southern state has one of the highest net migration rates in the nation. People are coming to North Carolina to capitalize on the favorable business, career and housing conditions.
Operating in such a dynamic and innovative environment, web design companies in North Carolina are sure to deliver creative and unconventional designs to help you knock the competition.
What Do Web Designers In North Carolina Specialize In?
Unlike their peers, web designers in North Carolina tend to hold expertise in creating websites for clients within the locally dominant sectors.
According to the North Carolina Department of Commerce, the key industries in the Tar Heel State are:
- Food processing and manufacturing
- Automotive and heavy machinery
- And more
Just like other web design companies, North Carolina-based firms specialize in building websites and mobile apps for businesses across the board.
They typically provide the following services:
- Market research
- Web design
- Website development
- UX design
- Graphic design
- Content writing
- Digital marketing
- Mobile app design and development
- eCommerce web design and development
- And more
What Are The Different Types Of Web Design Companies In North Carolina?
Web design companies in North Carolina can be grouped into a few different categories, based on:
- The services they offer: Apart from the standard web design services, some companies have widened their sphere of expertise and can provide services such as search engine optimization, digital marketing, content marketing, copywriting, web hosting and more.
- The platforms they use: Web designers in North Carolina are well-trained to develop websites and online stores using various platforms like WordPress, Magento, Shopify, Drupal and more.
- The industries they serve: Some web design agencies in North Carolina have chosen to focus exclusively on a few specific verticals such as biotechnology, IT, aerospace, manufacturing, automotive and more.
How Much Do Web Designers In North Carolina Charge?
Most web design companies in North Carolina charge between $100 and $149 per hour.
When it comes to projects, most web designers ask between $1,000 and $5,000 on average.
Compared to other IT hubs in the US, the pricing structure is less expensive and reflects the low cost of living in North Carolina.
Why Hire Web Designers In North Carolina?
59% of people prefer a website that is beautifully designed.
In today’s competitive digital landscape, it’s no longer enough to have a platform where you showcase your products and services.
Your website must be visually appealing, intuitive and interactive in order to engage your audience and stand out from the crowd.
This is why you need to invest in high-quality design for your website.
Web designers in North Carolina can design a website that reflects your brand values and exudes authenticity.
They can incorporate visual and interactive elements to make your platform beautiful and help you attract your target audience.
Let’s have a look at several reasons why you should hire a web design company in North Carolina:
- Access to highly-trained talent pool: Home to 53 colleges and universities, including four globally recognized research universities, North Carolina draws exceptional talent from across the world. This results in a highly-trained workforce that can offer competitive output and expertise.
- Services at budget-friendly rates: Given its affordable living expenses, web design companies in North California offer equal quality of services at cost-effective rates.
- Local market experience: Web designers in North Carolina have been working in the same ecosystem for a long time so they have acquired a deep understanding of the local market. They know the rising opportunities, local competitors or challenges and can provide unique insights to help you gain an edge over the competition.
How To Select The Best Web Design Company In North Carolina
Considering the competition within the industry, choosing the best web design company in North Carolina might get tricky.
If you follow these few steps, the selection will be easier:
Step #1: Decide Which Type Of Website You Need
It’s key to determine what type of website you need in order to hit your goals. There are quite a few types of websites, including eCommerce, informational, social media, blogs, magazines and more.
Once you decide the type of platform you wish to build, steer towards a web design company that offers the precise set of services you need.
Step #2: Explore Their Previous Projects
Take the time to dive into their previous projects to understand if a company has the skills and resources to develop fully functional and successful websites.
Their work portfolio will also reveal details of their reliability, transparency, creativity and industry experience. If they can boast expertise in your niche, they are more likely to deliver winning results.
Step #3: Look Into Their Team
Web design companies in North Carolina only hire experts and seniors which means that no juniors or trainees will take part in your project.
However, it’s best to figure out who exactly will be working on your website and what their qualifications are. This will ensure that a well-constructed and efficient team is at the helm of your project, paving the way to success.
10 Questions To Ask Web Designers In North Carolina
Once you book meetings with web designers, make sure to be well-prepared and on top of your game so you won’t be regarded as a novice.
Ask them these questions:
- Do you have experience in our niche?
- What does your web design process look like?
- Can you walk us through some of your most successful projects?
- Can you also provide SEO services?
- What metrics do you use to track results and how frequently can we expect reports?
- Who from your team will be leading our project?
- Can you provide us with a breakdown of costs for the project?
- What do you do to stay up to date with the latest trends?
- Can you provide maintenance and support after the site goes live?
- How will you secure our website?
Takeaways On Web Design Companies In North Carolina
Given its status as a global hub for high-tech research and startups, North Carolina attracts some of the most qualified professionals in the country.
You can rest assured that web design companies in North Carolina are fully equipped to develop outstanding websites or apps. So, be sure to outsource their services and leverage their innovative skills and competitive mindset.
Web designers in North Carolina stand apart through these key qualities:
- They are highly educated
- They can offer budget-friendly rates
- They have local market proficiency
To ensure you’re choosing the right web design company for your brand, take these steps:
- Choose your website type
- Check their portfolio
- Know the team
Most web design companies in North Carolina have an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.