Launched in 2008, Magento is the internet's third most utilized e-Commerce platform. Its enterprise and open-source versions account for 9% of the online selling market, fueling e-Commerce shops to grow three times faster on average than others.
While Magento’s default setup does not offer any extensions, there are over 5000 extensions you can select from to fulfill your online shop requirements.
Below is a list of the best Magento extensions that are universally beneficial for online businesses across varying industries. These work excellently with the Magento upgrade from Magento 1 to Magento 2 eCommerce features.
Table of Contents
Here are the Magento best extensions to get you ahead of the competition. These plug-ins are categorized according to their use:
Best Magento Extensions for Sales Channel Expansion
1.1 Google Shopping by Magenest
You can showcase your products or services to Google users, minus the extra fees, through Google Shopping.
Inventories synchronization between your store and Google has never been easier. With just a few clicks, you no longer have to allot so much time copying and pasting product and service information.
Google Shopping enables:
- Pre-scheduling Automatic data synchronization
- Mapping your shop’s categories with Google categories
- Using Magento’s attribute fields to fill out Google product and service offer fields
- Product description creation that is compliant with Google regulations
- Running Google ad campaigns
- Adding universal transverse Mercator (UTM) parameters to monitor ad performance on the Google Shopping plug-in
You can opt for an open-source or commerce extension with an additional installation fee. You also get free six-month client support.
1.2 Magento 2 POS System by Magestore
A point-of-sale (POS) system is essential when running online and offline shops. It unifies your product and sales data from all store inventories to help maintain seamless business operations
The comprehensive Magento 2 POS system allows you to sell goods confidently in a brick-and-mortar shop and online. In addition, it is highly compatible with numerous other Magento best extensions for convenient usage.
You can perform these tasks with this plug-in:
- Sync inventories between your physical store and Magento websites in real-time
- Enable offline mode to continue transacting despite inevitable network glitches
- Apply website promo offers, electronic vouchers, reward points, gift cards, and store credits incurred online to check out at physical shops
- Accept different payment methods, including cash transfers, credit cards, checks, and reward credits
- Accept installment fees and partial payments
Enjoy one year’s worth of warranty and a money-back guarantee with Magento 2 POS system.
1.3 SimiCart Mobile App Builder
Most consumers enjoy mobile shopping for its convenience. That is why a great browser-based Magento store may not be enough to attract and retain buyers. As an entrepreneur, you should take action to enhance your customers’ mobile purchasing experience.
SimiCart is a mobile app for Magento. It helps you drive traffic and encourage mobile sales.
It comes with these beneficial functionalities:
- Three tested and proven homepage layout styles
- Publication on iOS and Android
- Multiple right-to-left languages supported
- Multiple currencies supported
- Multiple store views are available
- Push notifications
- Product sorting and filtering system
- Product image gallery in grid and list views
- Multiple payment methods supported, including bank transfers, PayPal Express, Braintree, and offline payments as in cash-on-delivery (COD)
- Seamless checkout workflow
Best Magento Extensions for Security and Payment
Magento company handles around $155 billion in transactions annually. This number speaks volumes about the platform’s security system and integrity. After all, an assurance of secure transactions is one of the first requirements a consumer considers when purchasing online.
These are the Magento best extensions for robust security and encrypted payments:
2.1 Fraud Prevention
This plug-in uses the Magento Admin Panel to help eliminate fraud and other security threats from your business pages. The Fraud Prevention extension would not cost you additional expenses or any periodic subscription fees.
When you receive a refund request for a questionable reason, simply mark it “suspicious” on the backend to record a fraud suspicion.
This will record other data, like the specific customer’s attributes, to serve as a future reference. The plug-in will automatically detect and block new attempts at similar fraudulent order placements using recorded information.
2.2 Astra Security Suite
These are the most common website security threats that Astra Web Security Suite can ward off:
- Malware attacks
- Credit card hacks
- SEO spamming
- Spam comments
- Brute force
The security extension is compatible with Magento 1 and Magento 2 and offers these key benefits:
- Web application firewall (WAF)
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT)
- On-demand ransomware scanner
- Immediate malware cleanup
- Community security
Astra Security Suite provides you with an easy-to-use, intuitive dashboard to help manage multiple e-Commerce Magento sites securely at once.
Best Magento Extensions for Email Marketing and Advertising
Affiliate and email marketing are efficient ways to get people talking about your product or service offers. They help raise brand awareness, create meaningful connections, and establish trust.
Here are Magento best extensions to help you with these marketing strategies:
3.1 Magento 2 Affiliate System
This extension helps you manage your affiliate marketers, their performance, and commissions without hassle.
Its features and benefits include:
- Enabling and disabling affiliate program registration and membership
- Calculating commission rates per affiliate
- Granting rewards per click and order
- Automated affiliate payment remittances
- Setting payment methods
- Configuring commission fees according to product or service categories
- Creating affiliate links and banners for marketers
You can choose between open-source and commerce extension accounts. You also receive client support free of charge for three months.
3.2 Follow-Up Email by Amasty
Amasty’s follow-up email plug-in is your more affordable option than a full-service email marketing business solution.
It utilizes the information collected from order placements, wish lists, newsletter subscriptions, and your customers’ birthdays to send highly targeted emails. This helps you configure birthday deals and wish list-based promos.
These are the benefits you can get from this full-scale email marketing alternative:
- Access to a wish list based on which you can send email notifications about products on sale and restocked products
- Sending order status notifications, like “order created,” “invoice sent,” “preparing order,” “parcel out for delivery,” and “delivery completed”
- Automated creation of coupon regulations
- Sending the most attractive offers depending on an individual customer’s attributes
- Pre-scheduling marketing campaigns
- Access to email templates
- Tracking the performance of each email marketing initiative
Like most Magento best extensions, Amasty’s follow-up email is available as an open-source and commerce plug-in. Additionally, it offers 12-month free updates and comprehensive client support.
Best Magento Extensions to Streamlined Buyer Journey
Give your customers the best buyer experience. Check out these extensions for on-page optimization for your e-Commerce website:
4.1 Mega Menu
This add-on lets you customize your menu for better appearance, interface, and end-user navigation.
The Mega Menu plug-in boasts of the following features:
- Vertical and horizontal menus
- Full- and half-width menus
- Linking menus to social media icons and other external sites and apps
- Mobile responsiveness
- Flexibility in content display and adjustment
- Four-level categories and subcategories display
- Images and content view when the cursor is hovered over a product summary
4.2 Magenest Ajax Search
An outstanding search function boosts a customer’s shopping experience on your Magento site, creating a more enjoyable buyer journey.
The Magenest Ajax Search extension helps your buyers find products in the shortest possible time for better client satisfaction. In turn, it helps encourage more conversion opportunities.
This Magento add-on highlights the following functions:
- Voice search
- Auto-completion on the search bar
- Viewing relevant search results with images while typing
- Search box design customization to suit your branding
- Configuration of character requirement to proceed with search
- Multiple languages supported
4.3 Magento 2 Social Login
Magento 2 Social Login uses quick login through social media account credentials. It is an efficient solution to a high customer bounce rate due to an extended account creation process. It offers more convenience for shoppers and influences more signups for your business.
These are the functions of Magento 2 Social Login:
- Login via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, GitHub, and FourSquare, among other social pages
- Login popup design customization depending on the social networking site to use
- Rest application programming interface (API) and GraphQL
- Modification of client details on their account dashboard upon successful login
4.4 Magento 2 Store Locator Extension
This extension helps you with omnichannel sales as it assists buyers in locating your brick-and-mortar stores. It extracts each physical store’s details and makes store pickups trouble-free.
These features come with the Store Locator Extension:
- Nearby shop search by city, radius, and zip code
- Complete shop information, including address, social pages, store hours, and holidays
- Satellite and map view modes
- Mobile responsiveness
- Unlimited photo import allowance from each store
- Product availability at select stores on display
Wrap-Up: How to Pick the Magento Best Extensions and Why You Need Them
There are thousands of plug-in extensions in the Magento marketplace. To find the best fitting for your e-Commerce site and branding, you should consider the following:
- Social proof
- Client care and support responsiveness
- Frequency and advancement of updates
Your choices will depend on your website’s requirements and your consumer base’s demands. Ultimately, you need the best Magento extensions to:
- Save you from added development fees and time
- Expand your store’s functions and features
- Speed up the web development work
- Enhance your site’s efficiency on the backend
Another way you can go about it is by hiring an enterprise software developer.