Table of Contents
- What Is A WordPress Web Design Company?
- What Services Do WordPress Web Design Companies Offer?
- How Much Do WordPress Web Designers Charge?
- Why Hire A WordPress Website Design Company?
- How To Choose The Best WordPress Web Design Agency For Your Business
- 10 Questions To Ask WordPress Web Design Companies Before You Hire One
- Takeaways On WordPress Web Designers
A WordPress web design Company is an agency that specializes in building professional websites using the free, open-source platform WordPress.
Although versions of the builder are available to anyone for use, professional organizations should partner with a WordPress website design company to customize a website and ensure business growth.
This platform offers many benefits for users. It is built on browsers, which means they can access their admin dashboards anytime, anywhere, which is particularly helpful for small but timely edits.
The platform itself is scalable and can grow with your business as it expands, allowing you to add features and functionalities as you need them.
Finally, you can set up several users for admin access and easily transfer management to outsourced agencies.
Custom WordPress Design vs. Off-The-Shelf Themes: Which One Should You Use?
If you decide to use WordPress as your CMS, the next step will be deciding whether to build your site using an existing WordPress theme or hiring a WordPress website design company to create a custom design based on your unique needs and specifications.
One of the benefits of using WordPress is that the choice is yours, though of course, the custom option will always be the more expensive one.
WordPress has hundreds of themes to choose from, many of which are responsive designs (layouts that adapt to the screen resolution of the device being used) so they’re totally compatible with mobile devices.
Choosing one of the many WordPress theme options will save your company money but it will limit your flexibility. You’ll be able to customize the theme to your brand, but you’ll have to work within the existing structure of whichever theme you choose.
Custom design, on the other hand, offers complete flexibility.
WordPress web designers will create something from scratch based on your specific needs as communicated to them and ensure that the final design accommodates all the features you require.
What Type Of Businesses Should Consider WordPress Web Design Services?
WordPress is known for its user-friendly interface and for being an accessible CMS choice for even the most non-technical users.
Businesses who wish to partner with a web design company to design and develop their site but then manage it on their own moving forward will likely be more than satisfied with a WordPress CMS.
WordPress began as a blogging platform but has since evolved into a CMS platform suited to many different kinds of businesses.
It’s clear that it is a great option for content-based sites, which makes it a solid choice for small businesses and corporate websites whose needs are generally not overly complex.
More complex websites, however, are probably not a great match for WordPress.
More sophisticated eCommerce sites, for example, are better served by Magento, Drupal, or Shopify. Sites with complex organizational structures and those that require high levels of customization may also be better served by an alternative CMS.
What Services Do WordPress Web Design Companies Offer?
Though some WordPress web design companies in the US are strictly limited to web design and development services, many take a broader approach to their service offerings.
These may include:
- Strategy: They research into the target audience and key competition, as well as recommendations for must-have content and messaging direction.
- Website design and development: A WordPress website design agency creates custom websites from start to finish including user experience design, responsive layout, visual design, development and quality assurance.
- Content migration: Many of these companies can assist with content migration from one platform to another, though this service usually comes at an additional cost to the client.
- Search engine optimization: WordPress web designers can help manage the technical aspect of the optimization process to ensure that your website is optimized properly for search engines.
- Reliable WordPress hosting: WordPress web design companies can usually help arrange reliable web hosting services on behalf of their clients, including managed WordPress hosting if desired.
How Much Do WordPress Web Designers Charge?
Most WordPress web design companies price their projects on hourly rates. That means, they may charge you based on the amount of time they will spend building your website.
The cost ranges between $50 and $150 and mostly depends on:
- Project’s complexity
- Project’s deadline
- Company’s stature
- Company team size
When it comes to project-based pricing, a WordPress development company usually takes on projects that start as low as $1,000 and can reach $50,000. Sometimes even more.
Why Hire A WordPress Website Design Company?
WordPress is the most popular website builder. In fact, according to W3Techs, it powers 38.4% of all websites.
Many leading businesses and organizations use it to strengthen their online presence including:
- Sony Music
- Walt Disney
These are the top three reasons why you should also consider WordPress web design services:
- Cost-effectiveness: WordPress is an open-source platform which means it is free to use. Although it requires investing in a professional company, yet, the cost is still lower when compared to building sites using HTML, for instance.
- Search engine optimization: An interesting fact says that WordPress websites dominate Google SERPs with 2.28 billion results. The reason why many brands choose to invest in a WordPress site is because of the Yoast SEO plugin the builder offers. This tool allows you to optimize your site for search engines while providing tips and suggestions.
- Content management: WordPress websites come with a simple editor that even non-experts can use. This allows brands to manage writing, editing and attaching files and media easily without counting on the help of their agency partner constantly.
How To Choose The Best WordPress Web Design Agency For Your Business
A best practice when selecting the best WordPress website design company is to define your business goals first.
Think about what you want to achieve by building a website and what results you would like to see.
This will help you define clear requirements and find a partner that can meet your expectations.
Then, make sure you consider the following factors:
- Ask about their strategic approach: See how the top WordPress web design companies in the USA create their strategies and websites. This will give you an insight into their skills, the methodologies they use and the capacity to build a successful website.
- Check their reputation: Read their reviews and learn what past clients say about the potential companies. Their feedback is a valuable source of information that will help you understand how reliable they are, what your partnership will look like, how flexible they are and what type of results they can deliver.
- Ask how they secure their websites: Malicious activities happen and your website can be a target to hackers. To avoid bad scenarios and keep your data safe, see what practices every WordPress web design agency has to keep their websites secure.
- See if they offer post-launch maintenance: Professional websites require regular maintenance to ensure outstanding and engaging user experience. This is why you should hire WordPress web designers who are able to invest in long-term partnerships.
- Find out if they have relevant experience: The companies that have industry-relevant expertise can better understand your needs and accelerate project delivery.
10 Questions To Ask WordPress Web Design Companies Before You Hire One
- What services do you offer?
- How much will our website cost?
- Are there any additional fees we could expect?
- What is the estimated time of the project?
- What results can you guarantee after launch?
- What tools do you use to track success and website performance?
- Will you provide us with analytical reports and how often?
- Do you use any project management tools to keep your team organized and ensure deadlines are met?
- Do you offer after-launch reliable WordPress services?
- How do you secure your websites?
Takeaways On WordPress Web Designers
WordPress web design companies in the United States create compelling, functional and high engaging websites that attract the visitors’ attention, draw interaction and influence their buying decisions.
These agencies are the best option to partner with for brands that need content-based sites including both small and corporate businesses.
For WordPress website design services you can expect to pay between $50 and $150 per hour.
The recommended steps to picking the best partner for your needs are:
- Asking about the strategic approach of these companies
- Checking their reputation
- Asking how they secure their websites
- Seeing if they offer post-launch maintenance
- Finding out if they have relevant experience
Best of luck!