Table of Contents
An Google Ads agency creates, plans and handles Google advertising for its clients. It promotes brands, services and/or products by running and monitoring PPC campaigns across a multitude of channels.
Google AdWords, now called Google Ads, is a pay-per-click (PPC) online advertising platform that allows advertisers to display custom ads on Google’s SERP.
Depending on the keyword an Ads agency aims to target, businesses across industries pay to get their advertisements ranked at the top of the search results page.
Google is undisputedly the most used search engine in the US and Europe so advertising in Google Ads is one of the most proven methods to ensure traffic for your website.
Prospective customers are searching constantly for services and/or products so if you’re not showing up on the right keywords with the right ad copy and appealing landing page, your online marketing efforts will be in vain.
Paid search marketing with Google Ads is an essential jigsaw piece of every successful performance-based marketing effort.
Getting the most out of your PPC campaigns means aggressively bidding, perpetually optimizing keywords lists, writing ad copy that seems to speak directly to every single prospect and using landing pages or similar funnels that actually convert.
Together, all these elements can be a handful to even the most experienced marketers. Therefore, employing the professional help of an Ads agency is, more often than not, a necessary step.
What Does An AdWords Agency Do?
Recent research suggests that Google Ads produces 3.5 billion interactions every day and a whopping 700% ROI for advertisers.
However, many ventures aren’t able or don’t have sufficient resources or even manpower to give Google Ads the attention it needs to achieve its full potential.
If your business finds itself in such a position, it’s advisable to outsource a Google Ads agency.
They specialize in generating targeted traffic to your website, rather than achieving organic visits through SEO optimization and/or expansive content/email marketing.
To carry out an effective Google Ads strategy, you need to determine the clear goals you want to achieve. These KPIs must be measurable and reachable. Otherwise, the optimization of the campaigns is futile.
Once the objectives have been set, the agency estimates which channel/platform is most efficient, as Google Ads offer:
- Search campaigns
- Shopping campaigns
- Display campaigns
- YouTube campaigns
Once launched, the Google Ads agency tracks the results, optimizes campaigns and improves indicators such as CTR, conversion rates, CPC and more.
After every campaign, the agency analyzes the generated results and proposes a course correction (if needed) that drives more value to the business’s macro marketing strategy.
When done properly, Google Ads can be extremely effective in growing brand awareness and generating leads.
How Much Do Google Ads Agencies Charge For Their Services?
Google Ads is the king of the PPC advertising model family. It controls more than 32% of all online advertising revenue and it accounts for roughly 83% of Google’s total revenue annually.
Given those stats, PPC management is not cheap and it shouldn’t be. Usually, you get what you pay for. On average, Google Ads management can run anywhere between $250 to $1,500 per month.
Depending on your ad type, target demographic and/or competition, the cost per click for an online advertisement can vary.
Some may go as low as $0.01 and others are can go upwards to $15 or more per click.
The payment structure options can be:
- The Flat Fee: Determining the time and effort that goes into Google Ads management can be tricky. Once you are able to accurately estimate it, it can be used to regulate fixed payment, regardless of the flexible workload.
- The Hourly Rate: The unwritten rule of the PPC community is that working by the hour is never a good idea. However, clients prefer this model as it’s easy to witness a direct correlation between the work done and their cost.
- The Percentage of Ad Spend: As an industry norm, an AdWords agency may charge anywhere between 15% to 25% of total ad spend. Although the bigger budget means clients need to spend more, larger budgets usually involve more work. Not to mention, acquiring more leads, thus more value.
- The Performance-Based Fee: In theory, this is a perfect model. However, as PPC management is not an empirical science, it doesn’t always translate well to real-world situations, as a Google Ads agency can’t be in control of everything that plays a part in the success of the campaign.
- The Hybrid: Hybrid payment method largely depends on the initial relationship between PPC experts and the client and can combine any of the previously mentioned options.
When To Hire A Google Ads Agency?
Trying to juggle Google Ads campaigns in between visualizing/creating new services and/or products, checking and maintaining daily operations, setting up new marketing activities and dozens of other things your business does on a daily basis can be taxing.
While Google Ads are available to everyone with a Google account, running an ad campaign properly takes a huge amount of effort.
If you want immediate and desirable results while staying within the limits of your budget, a Google ad campaign must be carefully planned and executed.
An Ads agency employs experts who can assist you in this process. An ads manager will not only “set and forget” your advertising efforts according to the specific needs but will also regularly review the results, react and optimize your Google ads accordingly.
- Managing your CPC
- Adding new keywords
- Analyzing the ad performance
- Testing and enhancing ad copies
And many other tasks that ensure the best possible results from any campaign.
7 Reasons To Hire An AdWords Agency
If you are looking for reasons to hire a Google Ads agency, below are seven points on why you should consider working with these experts:
1. Google Ads agencies have the expertise and necessary tools
The best AdWords agencies have experts who know Google Ads inside out.
When it comes to effective campaign management, it is of utmost importance to know the many policies in place between various ad platforms. These specialized agencies have access to the latest updates in Google Ads, which allows them to fine-tune campaigns to achieve desired results.
They utilize internal management and tracking software tools that are able to continuously monitor and provide reports.
2. An AdWords agency manages your account better
Google Ads management means having a dedicated team working on your account. Their effort ensures an efficient setup that gets your campaigns running smoothly and in no time.
With experts at the helm of your advertising efforts, rest easy that your ads run better and provide invaluable results.
3. Google Ads companies have valuable experience
A client most certainly knows their business, but a dedicated agency knows everything about successful advertising.
Ad agencies work with clients across industries, running numerous campaigns at the same time.
Having worked on hundreds, even thousands of campaigns, every team member in your chosen Google Ads agency is able to provide invaluable insights into running a successful campaign.
4. An AdWords agency provides better content and designs
A successful ad campaign doesn’t solely rely on strategy and ads management but also on how well the ad creative or landing page is designed.
An eye-appealing design is magnetic for your prospective customers. Simple and readable content, complemented with smart and simplistic designs can make wonders and invite more interest.
5. A Google Ads agency targets all sections of the sales funnel
What is a sales funnel? It can be described as a customer’s journey from initially finding the brand to converting to its loyal customer.
Each part of the sales funnel requires different marketing strategies.
For example, the top, wider part of the funnel represents a wider audience, not yet aware of your brand. Advertising to this particular audience, the focus is on giving information about the product/service you provide.
The ads must be tuned to inform your audience at every stage of their journey. At the bottom, the ads can be more specific and provide details of the new offerings, loyalty programs, etc.
Running online Google Ads, imply a deep understanding of the sales funnel.
6. Specialized agencies have a priceless relationship with Google
These agencies have a single point of contact in Google that they can reach when needed. Google provides them with routine training on new features/updates, account reviews and optimization recommendations, access to betas closed for the public, etc.
7. These specialists let you focus on your business
Advertising is a business in itself. By outsourcing AdWords agencies, you can leave the specifics of digital marketing to them and focus on running your business, without the constant worry of results or employing additional talent.
How To Select The Best Google Ads Agency
While conventional SEO efforts get a lot of attention, Google advertising is the fastest way to get your website at the top of the SERP. In other words, users who click on Google campaigns are more likely to buy than those who land on your website through organic search.
Key benefits of working with a Google Ads agencies are:
- Increased conversions
- More traffic
- Precise targeting
- Faster results
- Better ROI
- And more
Choosing the right partner agency that brings all the aforementioned results, however, can be tricky, especially in today’s world of fast-paced digital marketing.
Luckily, finding the best of the best doesn’t have to be done blindly if you know what to look for:
Google partner certified
It goes without saying, but the ideal agency should be a certified Google Ads partner. This status implies that an agency has already delivered successful campaigns and demonstrated significant proficiency in every aspect of Google Ads.
If they carry this badge, it means Google recognizes them as an expert in the field of online advertising.
Understanding your business goals
A quality agency doesn’t use the same tactics and campaign strategy for every account it manages. The top Google Ads agencies understand that ads need to be tailored to the client’s target audience and goals.
Driven by ROI
Many agencies measure the success of their campaigns only on clicks and impressions.
However, business doesn’t float on brand recognition alone. The ideal partner agency will take its time to fully understand what truly matters to your business and be focused on providing a tangible return of investment.
Runs Google Ads campaigns for their own brand
If an agency runs ads for themselves, it implies that they have faith in how effective an ad campaign can be.
Other key indicators when finding a future Google Ads partner are:
- Service fees
- Reviews and testimonials
- Industry experience
- Excellent communication
- Honest approach and transparency
20 Questions To Ask AdWords Agencies
- Are you a certified Google partner?
- How are your management fees structured?
- What types of management are included with your fee?
- Do you have a monthly minimum ad spend?
- Will we be able to see actual spend within AdWords?
- Do you offer full reporting with your services?
- Do you have experience developing campaigns for our industry?
- Have you worked with any of our competitors or businesses similar to ours?
- What type of strategy do you foresee with our business goals?
- Do you have an up-to-date portfolio where we can see what projects you have worked on?
- How many clients do you work with at this point?
- Who will work on our project?
- How can you help us increase our website traffic and sales?
- What tools and resources do you use to develop your strategies?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest PPC trends?
- Do you use project management tools?
- How will you make sure that the deadlines are met?
- How do you track the performance of the campaigns?
- What metrics do you track exactly?
- Do you need any help from our internal team?
Takeaways On Google Ads Agencies
A Google Ads agency specializes in running paid Google ads that generate brand awareness, increase website traffic and boost sales.
Payment rates largely depend on the type of payment structure option, but, on average, Google Ads management can run anywhere between $250 to $1,500 per month, or 15% to 25% of total ad spend.
To choose the best agency partner for your business needs, make sure to consider some of the key factors like:
- Google partner certified status
- Agency understands your business goals
- Agency is driven by ROI
- Runs Google Ads for themselves
- Service fees
- Reviews and testimonials
- Industry experience
- Excellent communication
- Honest approach and transparency
Best of luck!