With more than 2 billion active users worldwide, Shopify is undoubtedly one of most widely used eCommerce platforms on the web. It has numerous features and tools to help with easy setup of your online storefront.
Before delving into why Shopify is good for small business, let us take a look at what it can do for your budding company.
Shopify for small business allows you to sync your brand’s social media accounts for greater traffic and higher sales. It also provides 24/7 customer care to offer a quick resolution for any concerns. In addition, it has an application integration functionality so you can utilize the platform optimally.
You can get a free three-day trial with Shopify for small business and switch to a paid plan for as low as $1.
Table of Contents
How Does Shopify Work for a Small Business?
Shopify unifies all your eCommerce necessities on one platform.
These are what Shopify for small business can do for merchants:
- Create and customize your online shop
- Sell in places beyond the brick-and-mortar store in your locality
- Makes more sales through mobile and social media marketplaces
Shopify for small business is entirely cloud-based and hosted. This means it is accessible from connected compatible devices wherever you are. It can handle server upgrades and system updates and maintenance, allowing flexibility in managing your enterprise.
It stitches together inventory, products, payments, and shipment management. This way, you do not have to spend time figuring out and putting together different website structures, technologies, and data.
The platform has everything you need to make it work for your small, evolving business.
Distinct Layers of Shopify for Small Business
Here are the three Shopify products you can think of as layers to select from for how you intend to grow your business:
The eCommerce platform’s core product includes all that it takes to turn your business idea into a thriving company that sells, such as:
- Templates for your store’s interface
- Tools for selling in multiple locations, in-person, and online
- Integrated payment processing
- Convenient checkout conversion on the internet
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Marketing features
These are the foundation on which Shopify’s other products are built.
If you want to finetune your shop and the customer experience, it can grant you access to application programming interface (API) and other development instruments to take customization capabilities further.
Add-on Products and Services
Shopify provides exclusively designed additional services and products to help you carve a niche on the market. They are as follows:
- Logo maker
- Slogan maker
- Business name generator
- Domain name generator
- Link on bio
- WHOIS domain lookup
- Pay stub generator and accelerated payment options
- QR code and barcode generator
- Business card design and creation
- Invoice generator
- Purchase order template
- Shipping label template
- Refund policies
- Bill template
- Product image resizing
- Capital loan calculator
More the 2,200 third-party applications are available on the Shopify App Store. These are tools featuring cutting-edge functionalities to help expand your online enterprise.
You will find customized business solutions—from SMS marketing apps to the newest social network advertising tools—in abundance on Shopify’s one-stop App Store.
The platform even allows you to dabble with simple coding on your own.
Benefits of Shopify for Small Business
Here are the most notable strengths of using Shopify for small business:
With Shopify for small business, you do not have to learn any extra skills to launch and customize your site.
It is a drag-and-drop software-as-a-service (SaaS) tool letting you create your eCommerce shop effortlessly. It has the needed frontend and admin facilities for convenient use without requiring specialized technical proficiencies.
Shopify for small business handles these functions:
- Execute software updates
- Maintain security
- Provide hosting services
- Run independent servers
Feature-rich, Adaptable Built-in Tool Set
The eCommerce host and builder offer a ton of features for free and at affordable prices.
You can load themes automatically and give the website your preferred look and feel that fits your branding style. Modify typography and color palette as you please. It is beginner-friendly, enabling you to start an online store without breaking a sweat.
Moreover, you can enjoy these functionalities at reasonable fees:
- Multiple payment processors
- Thousands of plug-ins
- Hosting and data safety
- Detailed Shopify admin access
- Cloud-based access
While Shopify charges a fee monthly for the use of its core products, it remains a low-cost, high-quality open-source eCommerce platform with professional hosting services.
It comes with an array of features, like reporting and integrated marketing, so you can execute important tasks to run your enterprise efficiently.
Reliable 24/7 Client Support
Stumbling upon IT issues when operating an online business is inevitable.
If you find yourself stuck at any point, you can rest assured that Shopify extends help on an around-the-clock basis.
They have a full-time support team available at any time to attend to your concerns. Methods of reaching them are phone, live chat, virtual answering services, and email. There are four toll-free trunklines assigned for the different regions worldwide.
Additionally, you can also look up common queries on their FAQs page. This database is packed with information, minus the spam. You only get deals and valuable articles.
Best Shopify Agencies to Hire in 2023
- Location: 114 Mare Street, LONDON, E8 4RU, United Kingdom
- Average Hourly Rate: $20/hr
- Expertise: Business Consulting, Creative, eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, WordPress Website Design, Shopify, Digital Marketing, Digital Advertising, Legal Digital Marketing, SEO, Facebook Marketing, Instagram Marketing, and Web Design.
Founded in 2016, The Digital Hacks is a digital marketing and growth hacking firm based in London, operating across Europe.
Its team of experienced digital professionals has the skills and knowledge to help businesses grow. TDH is committed to your success, by providing you with the best service available in today’s market. Services include business consulting, eCommerce development, eCommerce web design, WordPress website design, Shopify, and digital marketing.
Some of TDHs’ most notable clients are Milk Concept, Boutique Lupine Canine, and farmamare.com.
- Location: Kamyanetska Street, 137, Khmelnitsky, 29000, Ukraine
- Average Hourly Rate: $35/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, Responsive Website Design, Small Business Website Design, eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, Small Business eCommerce Development, eCommerce App Development, Website Development, WordPress Development, WordPress Website Design, Shopify, UI/UX Design, eCommerce Consulting, and IT Staffing.
Web-Systems offers a wide range of web services, including eCommerce development, responsive website design, and small business website design.
Nowadays, most people are using the internet to find the products they need to buy. That is why a company must have a website that can provide an exceptional customer experience and help users find your products quickly and easily. Web-Systems helps you create an eCommerce site that will give your customers the best possible customer experience on every visit.
Since its establishment in 2009, Web-Systems has worked with a variety of clients, some of which include MarieMur, Shell, Toyota, and TomTailor.
- Location: Cebu Business Park, Cebu, 6000, Philippines
- Average Hourly Rate: $30/hr
- Expertise: Creative, Web Design, Dental Website Design, Law Firm Web Design, Financial Services Web Design, Restaurant Website Design, Construction Web Design, Responsive Website Design, Small Business Website Design, eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, WooCommerce Development, WordPress Website Design, and Website Development.
JS Web Design Agency can provide you with everything from a sleek WordPress website design to a high-functioning eCommerce website design. Having been in the business for over 12 years, JS Web Design Agency has seen many trends come and go, which gives it a keen insight as to what works.
JS Web Design Agency is one of the leading web design agencies in the Philippines and has experience working in the dental, restaurant, law, small business, and financial industries.
Some of JS Web Design Agency’s most prominent clients include ACEN Website Rebrand, ACEN Integrated Report 2020, Data Search Consulting, and The Lifestyle Store.
- Location: 224 west 30 street Suite 206, New York City, New York 10001, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: Product Design, Web Design, eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, and Shopify.
NANOWEBGROUP Ltd. is a web design and development company that specializes in product design, web design, and eCommerce web design, and development, with expertise in Shopify.
NANOWEBGROUP Ltd. has been in the industry since 2007 and has since helped many businesses grow their online presence through carefully thought-out strategies and by leveraging the latest software technologies, such as AI and Subject-Matter.
NANOWEBGROUP Ltd. has a team of experts who are passionate about what they do, which is why they can provide the best service to their clients, some of which include Glamorise, Gemlok, and CINER.
- Location: Bul. Hristo Botev 3, Varna, 9000, Bulgaria
- Average Hourly Rate: $25
- Expertise: eCommerce SEO, SEO, Shopify
A team of developers, designers, project managers, quality assurance specialists, and Shopify experts that work with ambitious e-commerce brands. They do not just build beautiful websites, they build their clients' business. CraftBerry is based in Bulgaria and collaborates with brands all over the world.
The solutions they deliver are growth-oriented and designed to crush key metrics.
- Location: 15th Avenue Park, New York City, New York 11219, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Mobile App Development
Founded in 2010, Miracuves is a provider of IT solutions that helps businesses streamline their operations and stay competitive.
Their team is composed of experienced web and mobile developers who are passionate about creating innovative solutions for their clients, be it for eCommerce, food delivery or on-demand services. Miracuves's products and services are regularly updated with the latest technologies to meet the needs of its customers and help entrepreneurs succeed with high-quality IT solutions.
Their clients span various sectors, from food and grocery to media, rentals and ridesharing.
- Location: Shipra Path, Mansorvar, Jaipur, Jaipur, 302020, India
- Average Hourly Rate: $15/hr
- Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design, B2B Website Design, Responsive Website Design, eCommerce Development, Website Development, SEO, Magento Development, WordPress Website Design, WordPress Development, Shopify Mobile App Development, Direct Marketing, B2B Advertising, eCommerce App Development, UI/UX Design…
Ambient Infotech is a team of skilled professionals in the fields of eCommerce development, design, software development and marketing. The company has a strong track record, having delivered over 1,000 websites in the past year with high levels of customer satisfaction.
Ambient Infotech specializes in creating responsive, user-friendly websites and is experienced in working with a range of technologies, including WordPress, PHP, Shopify and Magento. They also offer comprehensive documentation, a learning portal, a community of Shopify experts and priority support to its clients.
The company's Shopify services include eCommerce development, store setup, shopping cart development, theme development and customization, upgrade and maintenance and migration.
- Location: One Boston Place, Suite 2602, Boston, Massachusetts 02108, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $45/hr
- Expertise: eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, Mobile App Development, Website Development, Ruby on Rails, UI/UX Design, Software Development, Software Testing, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, AWS, Staff Augmentation, IT Staffing
SumatoSoft is a software development company that helps businesses leverage the latest IT innovations to gain a competitive edge, improve efficiency and enhance the quality of their products and services.
The agency offers full-cycle software development, with a focus on transparent processes that ensure clients are involved in the development process from start to finish. The company utilizes Spree Commerce or Shopify to deliver fast eCommerce website launches, out-of-the-box solutions and customizable design and functionality.
Their clients include Toyota and Lexus, Beiersdorf, Dexai Robotics, Cornerstone OnDemand, TL Nika Group and Dragon Sourcing.
9. Magenest JSC
- Location: GP Invest Building, 170 De La Thanh O Cho Dua, Dong Da, Hanoi, 100000, Vietnam
- AverageHourly Rate: $50/hr
- Expertise: eCommerce Consulting, AWS, Cloud Consulting, CRM Consulting, ERP Consulting, SEO Consultants, SEO, Inbound Marketing, Legal Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing, Web Design, Shopify, Magento Development, eCommerce App Development, Mobile App Development…
Magenest is a digital solutions provider focused on eCommerce systems, ERP/CRM platforms, cloud infrastructure, and digital marketing. Founded in 2015, the company has established itself as a leading provider of eCommerce and digital transformation solutions in the APAC region.
The agency partners with top technology companies such as Adobe, Odoo, HubSpot and AWS to offer eCommerce development, CRM, ERP, mobile app development, cloud hosting and digital marketing services. They help clients drive success through omnichannel solutions, digital enablement, improved customer experience and conversion rate optimization.
Magenest’s Shopify services include custom development, theme and UI design, app development and API integration, migration, audit and optimization and maintenance.
- Location: 2155 N Ginger Cir, Palatine, Chicago, Illinois 60074, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $60/hr
- Expertise: eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, Shopify, eCommerce Consulting
SpurIT is an IT service and consulting agency composed of certified Shopify experts with a proven track record in the industry.
The agency offers a range of services related to Shopify, including complex theme and app development, store customizations and technical support. As a full-cycle eCommerce agency, SpurIT can also assist with digital marketing activities and design services. The company’s products and services are used by over 91,000 stores worldwide, with 15 million engaged users.
Aside from Shopify theme and app development, they also offer theme customizations, platform migration, integration with third-party modules and payment systems and eCommerce accessibility audit and implementation.
Final Verdict on Shopify for Small Business: Is Shopify Good for Small Business?
Shopify for small business is an all-in-one online business solution that empowers merchants.
If you are starting out a brand online, it can help you build a store from the ground up and sell in no time. Whether you run a newly established company or want to extend a physical shop online, it has capabilities required to support your launch or transition.
With discounted carrier rates and app integration capacities, Shopify can help grow your brand without the exorbitant expenditure. And it may just be the most ideal for you.