Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) solution that aids businesses in streamlining their sales processes. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced user of Salesforce, there are many benefits to using the platform and its features.
If you’re looking to implement your first CRM system for your small business or expand your existing system, Salesforce can have a positive impact on your business.
There are many advantages of Salesforce CRM that will help you track leads, manage quotes, organize customer data, and much more.
This article covers the top seven benefits of Salesforce CRM. Keep reading to learn more about this powerful tool.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Salesforce: Why Should You Use Salesforce CRM?
- Save Time and Money With Automation
- Track Leads and Prospect Information
- Increase Lead Qualification With Email Tracking
- Manage Customer Relationships
- Organize Data for Fast Lead Scoring
- Estimate Sales Proposals With Accuracy
- Improve Collaboration Between Sales and Marketing
- Benefits of Salesforce: Takeaway
Benefits of Salesforce: Why Should You Use Salesforce CRM?
Salesforce is a powerful cloud-based CRM and marketing automation system that can help you manage your sales, marketing, and service functions.
The platform provides a single set of tools for managing your customers in one place across multiple channels—web or mobile—to simplify how people collaborate on deals with them.
It allows you to create a dynamic customer database that can be shared between departments within your company.
You can also use the information it gathers to provide personalized recommendations for each customer on what products might work best for them based on previous purchases or other factors like location or industry.
This can help reduce churn rates by keeping customers engaged with your brand while ensuring they receive offers they're most likely to respond to.
Save Time and Money With Automation
With CRMs like Salesforce, you can automate many processes that once took significant time and effort. This can help you save time and money that might have been spent hiring staff to perform repetitive tasks.
- Save Time - With time being such a vital resource, any business can benefit from automating tasks. Instead of manually filling out data, for example, you can automatically enter it into your database with just one click.
With this type of automation, you won't have to spend as much time on individual tasks, so you can focus on other things instead. It will give you more time to think about how to grow your business or find new customers.
- Save Money - Manual input can be costly for the business and tedious for staff members who do nothing but perform manual labor daily. But with automation, all those tasks become automatic, freeing up human capital, which translates into staff cost savings.
One example is lead scoring, where you assign prospects a score based on the information you have on them. Then, you can use that score to determine which sales reps should handle those leads.
Depending on your scoring system, you can have leads automatically transferred to specific sales reps.
You can also automate lead qualification with lead assignment rules. For example, if a lead has selected a specific product and wants a quote, you can have the system automatically assign the information to a sales rep.
Track Leads and Prospect Information
One obvious benefit of using a CRM is tracking leads and prospect information. With it, you can:
- Track leads and prospect
- Track lead generation
- Track lead conversion
- Track the quality of your leads (i.e., whether they're looking for solutions to particular problems).
Qualify your prospects based on their needs and objectives—not just on their initial contact with your company—so that only those most likely to buy from you get through to sales reps.
You can view information about a specific lead and see what stage they’re in when they were last contacted, and more. You can also track which leads are progressing and which are not.
You can use this information to increase the efficiency of your sales team. You can also follow the information about your prospective customers.
A CRM can help you track data like contact information, sales conversations, lead statuses, and more. You can also use your CRM to track prospect information.
This can help you prioritize your sales efforts and track the most promising leads.
Increase Lead Qualification With Email Tracking
Another way Salesforce can increase lead qualification is by tracking email communication. Email tracking allows you to monitor all emails sent to leads within the system.
This can help you track lead progress, which ones are moving forward, and which ones are falling behind and needing more attention. By tracking emails, you can see when prospects are opening the emails you're sending.
You can also see when they're clicking links or taking other actions. This can help you understand which prospects are serious and which ones aren't. If a potential customer opens your email but doesn't click on any of the links, that's a sign that they're not interested in what you're selling.
Using Email Tracking in Salesforce CRM will allow you to customize your outreach and make changes based on insights gained from these lead-specific behaviors.
Manage Customer Relationships
Another Salesforce advantage is managing customer relationships by giving you an overview of all customer interactions. This can help you stay on top of customer service interactions and see how long each customer issue takes.
You can also view each customer's last interaction, which can help you stay organized. Viewing all customer interactions allows you to stay on top of customer issues and keep track of what each customer is asking for.
Rather than relying on a spreadsheet or manual list, you'll have a convenient way to store customer contact information and track every interaction you've had with them.
In addition, Salesforce CRM can be integrated into any point-of-sale system, giving you insight into how well each marketing campaign performs.
Finally, the app's ability to filter data based on specific criteria allows businesses to quickly find what they're looking for without sifting through pages of irrelevant information.
- Customer Management: Your team can access all data about any customer or prospect in one central location. This includes both historical information and ongoing activities like phone calls or emails.
The result is greater visibility into the health of each customer partnership so that you can better serve them.
- Retention Efforts: You can use this same information about each customer relationship for better retention efforts. Do this by creating campaigns based on their needs and preferences over time—and then delivering those messages through channels they prefer (email, SMS text message, etc.).
This will ensure that your company stays top of mind as they shop around for other service providers that might offer something similar but not entirely as personalized an experience.
Organize Data for Fast Lead Scoring
Lead scoring is a way of measuring the quality of leads. It helps you prioritize leads and focus on the most promising ones by enabling you to set scores for different types of prospects.
Your company can potentially increase sales by focusing on qualified leads instead of wasting time with unqualified prospects who may never buy from you.
Lead scoring ensures that your sales team has a clear picture of their chances with each prospect at any given time.
Data organization for lead scoring is crucial if you want to get accurate results from this process. Data is king in any business, and by organizing it properly, you'll be able to get fast lead scoring.
With Salesforce, you can:
- Organize your data so it's easier for sales reps and managers to find what they need, when they need it.
- Get insights from your data sources with a single click, then act on those insights in a flash. It's like having a crystal ball that tells you how best to market and sell
- Get more data into Salesforce with information from your marketing automation and web analytics tools. That way, you can use Sales Cloud triggers to automatically create and update contacts based on actions on your website and leads generated by marketing campaigns.
- Synchronize your data seamlessly across devices so reps always have it at their fingertips. And because Salesforce works with mobile devices, you can create or update records on your phone.
- Find what you need faster by organizing your data into tabs, filters, and saved searches. For example, instead of searching through all of your leads for ones who live in Seattle and might be ready to buy now, you can go straight to that subset and follow up with them immediately.
Estimate Sales Proposals With Accuracy
Most salespeople use the sales forecast to estimate their sales proposals. The forecast can be used to predict revenue and cost of sales, profit and loss, cash flow, and return on investment.
When you are in the process of preparing a new proposal or quote, it's tempting to estimate how many units will be sold.
However, this isn't a good practice because most people tend to overestimate their expected demand until after they've made a sale.
Instead, take advantage of Salesforce CRM's forecasting capabilities, so you have better information at hand when making pricing decisions for future projects.
With Salesforce, you can track customer information and use it to create accurate sales proposals. This can help you win more sales because you'll be able to provide accurate quotes based on detailed data.
You can also track customer responses to sales proposals. This can help you follow up with prospects and see when they need more information. It can also help you understand which parts of the proposal need to be changed.
Improve Collaboration Between Sales and Marketing
Salesforce CRM is an excellent tool for marketing and sales teams to collaborate on campaigns.
You can use lead information to report on which marketing campaigns generate the most leads. This can help you understand which marketing efforts are bringing in leads.
By tracking lead information, you can see which leads are moving forward and which are falling behind. You can also see which leads are ready to move into sales.
This can help sales and marketing team members track their progress and stay organized.
Benefits of Salesforce: Takeaway
There are many benefits to using Salesforce CRM. These includes saving time and money with automation, tracking leads and prospect information, increasing lead qualification with email tracking, managing customer relationships, and organizing data for fast lead scoring.
Salesforce will help you increase your business's productivity by automating repetitive tasks and creating an efficient sales process for your team.
You will also have access to a vast amount of data that will provide insight into what works and what doesn't when it comes to making decisions about things like pricing or product development.