Table of Contents
- What Makes Los Angeles Virtual Reality Agencies Unique?
- How Big Is The Los Angeles Virtual Reality Talent Pool?
- What Do Virtual Reality Companies In Los Angeles Specialize In?
- How Much Virtual Reality Production Companies In Los Angeles Charge?
- Why Hire An Augmented Reality Agency In Los Angeles?
- How To Choose The Best Los Angeles Virtual Reality Company
- 10 Questions To Ask When Hiring Augmented Reality Companies In Los Angeles
- Takeaways On Los Angeles Virtual Reality Agencies
What Makes Los Angeles Virtual Reality Agencies Unique?
As the home of Hollywood, Los Angeles is deemed to be the global capital of entertainment.
The city is a world leader in creative industries spanning from film, television, music or gaming to fashion, design, architecture, publishing and more.
One in six people in Los Angeles is said to be working in a creative industry.
Apart from being the world’s creative hub, Los Angeles has a massive high-tech industry that has grown rapidly over the past few decades.
With a 3.1% concentration of tech talent, Los Angeles has the fifth largest pool of tech workers on the West Coast.
Because of its expansive tech and entertainment talent, Los Angeles has emerged as a big player in the virtual and augmented reality industry.
And it’s easy to understand why. The same professionals who have been creating 3D content for motion pictures and video games for years are now at the helm of the VR/AR industry.
So, virtual reality in Los Angeles is a hot technology trend shaping new grounds at the hands of experienced specialists.
This immediately tells you that Los Angeles virtual reality companies are among the country’s great achievers in the industry.
As many as 6,313 tech companies are based in Los Angeles, with tech giants like Apple or Google expanding their offices in the city.
Furthermore, many Fortune 1000 companies are headquartered in the City of Angels, such as:
- CBRE Group
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum
- Mercury General
- Air Lease
- And more
Serving high-caliber brands like these, virtual reality production companies in Los Angeles are sure to provide cutting-edge and internationally competitive services.
Besides, Los Angeles is the ninth most expensive city in the States. The high cost of living as well as the high competition within the industry means that only the best virtual reality agencies operate in Los Angeles.
How Big Is The Los Angeles Virtual Reality Talent Pool?
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, California is the leading US state by employment in software development. 249,620 people were working in this field in 2019.
In the L.A metropolitan area, no less than 56,260 software engineers were employed in the same year.
The same source reports that the software industry is projected to grow 22% between 2019 and 2029, a lot faster than the average for all occupations.
This growth stems from the increased demand for computer software, including virtual reality software.
Businesses across the board have begun to leverage this emerging technology to connect with their audience and stay ahead of the competition.
Because brands want to deliver immersive experiences to their customers, virtual reality is the number one trend in marketing, advertising or education.
As such, the demand for VR/AR talent is up by 1400% in 2020, with 46% of software engineers saying they would like to learn this technology in the course of this year.
Moreover, most software specialists anticipate that we shall see the full impact of AR/VR in the next five years, as stated by the same source.
Considering the demand for AR/VR developers is growing at a rapid rate, the Los Angeles virtual reality talent pool is bound to expand exponentially in the near future.
What Do Virtual Reality Companies In Los Angeles Specialize In?
Unlike their peers elsewhere in the world, Los Angeles virtual reality companies tend to be more qualified in providing services for clients within the locally dominant sectors.
The major industries in L.A are:
Similar to other VR agencies across the globe, Los Angeles virtual reality agencies specialize in developing VR and AR applications and software to help businesses boost engagement and provide interactive brand experiences.
They typically specialize in these services:
- Virtual reality development
- Augmented reality development
- Mixed reality development
- Web VR/AR
- 360 VR
- 3D modeling/3D scanning
- Animation and VFX
- And more
In addition to building VR/AR solutions, most agencies in L.A also offer extra services such as:
- Market research
- Prototype design
- Product design
- QA testing
- Support and maintenance
- And more
How Much Virtual Reality Production Companies In Los Angeles Charge?
Most Los Angeles VR/AR companies charge between $150 and $200 per hour.
How much you will eventually pay for virtual reality services depends on the complexity of your project.
Augmented reality agencies in Los Angeles usually take on projects valued between $25,000 and $50,000.
Why Hire An Augmented Reality Agency In Los Angeles?
More and more brands are recognizing the power of VR technology and the grand effect it can yield on their business model.
Apart from gaming and the visual industry, businesses across many other industries are investing in AR/VR services to leverage their benefits.
Most notably, industries such as architecture, engineering and construction, health or education are taking advantage of VR technology the most.
But virtual reality can be integrated into almost every field to improve internal communications and business operations or enhance user engagement and brand value.
Due to their dynamic and riveting dimension, consumers are captivated by virtual and augmented reality. The number of VR users in the US is expected to reach 95.1 million in 2022.
Furthermore, the VR/AR market is the fastest-growing market in global technology. It is projected to reach $72.8 billion by 2024.
To remain competitive in the market, you should harness VR technology and employ the services of a specialized agency.
Augmented reality companies in Los Angeles have teams of experts with longstanding experience that can help you deliver striking visuals through virtual and augmented reality apps and software.
Take a look at three major reasons why you should hire an augmented reality agency in Los Angeles:
- Access to high-end talent pool: Home to some of the best educational institutions in the country, such as the University of Southern California or UCLA, Los Angeles attracts stellar talent from around the world. This results in a very talented and driven workforce that can deliver high-quality services in all areas.
- Innovative outlook: Given its status as a leading creative center as well as a thriving tech hub, Los Angeles is the focal point of creativity and innovation. Expect to be amazed by cutting-edge VR integrations, AR products or MR elements that Los Angeles virtual reality developers can create.
- A unique insight into the local market: Living and operating in the same environment, virtual reality production companies in Los Angeles have accumulated a broad knowledge of the local market. Therefore, they are uniquely positioned to provide valuable insights that can help your brand outscore the competition.
How To Choose The Best Los Angeles Virtual Reality Company
Choosing the best virtual reality company in Los Angeles is not an easy task. Be sure to take these three steps before hiring an agency:
Step #1: Review Their Previous Projects
Examine the portfolio to learn about an agency’s capabilities, aesthetics and quality of work.
Their past projects will tell you exactly if they’ve managed to deliver successful VR projects. On the other hand, you can also remark their least proud AR/VR implementations.
Step #2: Find Out If They Have Industry Expertise
Virtual, augmented or mixed reality technologies cater to a variety of industries.
That is why you must learn if the potential candidate has already developed projects within your niche or worked for similar clients.
If they have relevant experience in your industry, they will be more equipped to meet your needs and requirements in a timely manner.
Step #3: Figure Out How They Keep Up With Trends
The virtual and augmented reality industry is growing at a very fast pace. New technologies are developed like greased lighting and even engineers working in the field are sometimes struggling to keep up.
So, it’s best to determine whether a VR company stays on top of the latest trends and can implement them as they appear.
10 Questions To Ask When Hiring Augmented Reality Companies In Los Angeles
Take your time to explore the augmented reality companies in Los Angeles before you decide to start a partnership.
Make sure to scrape up as much information as you can about their company culture, strategic approach or quality of work.
Ask them these questions:
- May we see a proof-of-concept application?
- Do you have experience in our niche?
- How does your VR development process look like?
- Do you perform market research, or do you need us to provide this data?
- Do you also provide promotional services?
- Who from your team will oversee our project and how often will we receive updates on the progress?
- Do you conduct QA testing?
- What is your pricing structure?
- Do you offer support and maintenance after launch?
- How do you plan on implementing emerging trends?
Takeaways On Los Angeles Virtual Reality Agencies
Activating in such an artistic and dynamic environment, Los Angeles virtual reality agencies are notorious for their creativity and innovation capabilities.
These developers can design, implement and maintain VR technology to help you deliver engaging experiences and impress your customers.
What sets apart augmented reality companies in Los Angeles from their counterparts in other parts of the world are these key things:
- Top tier talent
- Innovative output
- Local market knowledge
To ensure you’re making the best choice for your brand, follow these steps before hiring a VR company:
- Check their portfolio
- Learn about their niche expertise
- See if they are on top of the latest industry trends
Most virtual reality companies in Los Angeles have an average hourly rate between $150 and $200.
Best of luck!