Table of Contents
- What Is An eCommerce App Development Company?
- What Do eCommerce App Developers Do?
- How Much Does eCommerce Mobile App Development Cost?
- Why Should You Hire An eCommerce App Development Company?
- How To Choose The Best eCommerce App Developers For Your Business
- 10 Questions To Ask eCommerce App Developers
- Takeaways On eCommerce App Development Companies
What Is An eCommerce App Development Company?
An eCommerce app development company is an agency that specializes in building mobile software for eCommerce businesses.
They can develop applications for different mobile operating systems:
- Android (Google)
- iOS (Apple)
- Harmony OS (Huawei)
- And more
eCommerce app development companies have teams of experts who work together to develop high-performing smartphone apps to support online businesses.
Their team members include:
- Project managers
- Graphic designers
- UX/UI designers
- Mobile app developers
- iOS developers
- Android developers
- QA specialists
- Database experts
- Marketing specialists
- And more
Nowadays, eCommerce apps are taking over the market. Consumer shopping behavior has changed, especially in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak.
As the number of mobile users has reached $5.19 billion in 2020, more and more people purchase items using mobile apps.
In fact, global eCommerce sales are projected to hit $6.54 trillion by 2023.
Having a mobile app is especially important for eCommerce businesses. It makes them more valuable and contributes to revenue growth.
Unlike websites, mobile apps load much faster, have user-friendly features and can work offline. This results in more satisfied clients and more sales.
The ease with which consumers make purchases via apps have urged an increasing number of retailers to invest in eCommerce mobile software to grow their business.
What Do eCommerce App Developers Do?
eCommerce app developers create applications with the features and functionalities your business needs in order to deliver an outstanding shopping experience.
These specialists can help you develop an eCommerce app that matches your vision. They integrate features based on your unique requirements to enable your business to expand, increase audience and drive more sales.
eCommerce app development companies use the latest and the right technologies to build your eCommerce software so that it can yield the highest performance, features, scalability and security options.
They have the tools and processes to develop highly functional mobile apps for eCommerce businesses across many industries such as fashion, healthcare, electronics, grocery, education, furniture and more.
Their core services are:
- Requirements analysis
- Market research
- Building wireframes
- Designing and developing
- QA testing
- Maintenance and support
- And more
An eCommerce app developer can build various types of eCommerce mobile applications, including:
- Online shopping apps
- B2C eCommerce apps
- B2B eCommerce apps
- Ticketing and booking eCommerce apps
- Auction and bidding eCommerce apps
- And more
How Much Does eCommerce Mobile App Development Cost?
The eCommerce mobile app development cost depends on the various features and functionalities desired as well as the different operating systems your app will run on.
eCommerce apps are much more expensive than eCommerce websites. Apart from the design and development costs, after launching the app, eCommerce app development companies will charge you extra for maintenance and support.
Moreover, given that your mobile software should cater to multiple mobile devices means that you might need to hire different eCommerce developers for Android and iOS.
Simple eCommerce apps can cost between $5,000 and $30,000. These apps will have fewer features including:
- Payment API integration
- Registration & login
- Ratings and reviews
- Push notifications
- Shopping cart
- Basic level UI
- User profile
For eCommerce apps of intermediate complexity, companies might charge you between $20,000 and $90,000. In this price, you would get more features such as:
- Sorting of tags, reviews and ratings
- Social media connection
- Catchy app icon
- Cloud Syncing
- Engaging UI
Finally, if you hire eCommerce app developers for a complex app, you might pay from $50,000 to $150,000. In this case, your app will have plenty of features, including:
- Highly interactive & personalized UI
- Advanced multi-vendor handling
- Payment processing
- Auto order confirmation
- Barcodes or QR codes
- Multilingual Support
- Device sensor data
- SMS messaging
- Social sharing
According to your needs and budget, as well as with the help of eCommerce app developers, you can get the perfect app for your business.
We also have to note that some companies charge hourly. Therefore, you can hire one starting from about $50 per hour.
Why Should You Hire An eCommerce App Development Company?
Having an app enables your customers to access your products and make purchases from anywhere at any time in a few clicks on their mobile devices.
Moreover, apps load much faster than mobile websites, can be used without an internet connection, are intuitive and available 24/7 which entail a positive user experience.
This is why people spend 90% of their smartphone time on apps. In fact, according to the ‘Digital 2020” report conducted by DataReportal, 66% of internet users use shopping apps on their mobiles.
Additionally, a 2019 Google survey reports that six out of ten shoppers consider the possibility to shop on mobile as decisive in choosing a brand over another.
Furthermore, according to Statista, there are more than 167 million mobile buyers in the US alone. By 2024, the number of US mobile shoppers will reach 187 million.
Considering the large number of people who shop via mobile devices, it’s more crucial than ever to develop an app for your eCommerce business.
An eCommerce development company will help you develop a fully functional mobile app for your online store that will allow you to generate more sales with less effort.
Here are six reasons why you should hire eCommerce app developers:
- Enhanced user experience: eCommerce software loads much more rapidly than the websites we open on our mobile browsers. Since they retrieve data quicker, apps also perform faster and better. This contributes to great user experience and more satisfied clients.
- Quick access: eCommerce mobile apps offer instant online and offline access. With only one tap, clients are already in their favorite shop. This non-stop accessibility improves customer satisfaction and yields brand loyalty.
- Increased loyalty: For consumers, downloading your app means investing in your brand. Having installed your eCommerce app on their smartphones means they are constantly exposed to your brand, which results in higher engagement and more purchases. eCommerce app development companies will help you build an appealing and easy-to-use app that will foster brand loyalty.
- Promotion: This is one of the key reasons why you should invest in eCommerce apps. By sending your clients promotional and push notifications, you are reminding them to visit your online store.
- More sales: Consumer app spending is projected to reach $156.5 billion by 2022. Thanks to the positive user experience, simple navigation and usability, eCommerce businesses can enjoy higher revenue.
- Reach new demographics: Gen Z spends 71% of their digital time on mobile apps. Launching your eCommerce app means you can reach and engage new, younger audiences, expanding your brand and driving more sales to your business.
How To Choose The Best eCommerce App Developers For Your Business
Finding the best developers for your eCommerce app is not an easy task. Even when you have the best companies at hand, it might be difficult to decide which of them to choose.
Focusing on their strengths and qualities will help you decide which eCommerce app developers to hire. So, make sure the companies offer the following features:
#1 Knowledge of your requirements
The eCommerce app developers you choose must have the necessary knowledge to create your app. Be sure to outline your requirements and define what features and functionalities you want your app to have. Then, ask them to explain the process of app building to ensure they can deliver a software tailored to your specific needs.
#2 Maintenance and support
Find out whether the potential eCommerce app development companies will be at your assistance after developing the app. You will need their services when it comes to updates, technical maintenance and so on. So, make sure they offer post-launch support.
#3 Robust portfolio
It is always good to know what potential companies have worked on. You should check their previous projects, visit and test their apps to see how well they perform. This will tell you if the eCommerce app developers can build engaging apps that provide great customer experience.
10 Questions To Ask eCommerce App Developers
Before hiring an eCommerce app development company, be sure to gather as much information as you can about their processes, company culture or quality of work.
The more you know about the company, the easier you will decide whether you should hire it or not.
In addition, ask them these questions:
- Have you developed similar eCommerce apps?
- Can you show us some examples of your previous work?
- How much will it cost to build our app?
- What’s the average time of building an eCommerce app?
- Who from your team will be working on our project?
- How will you measure the success of our app?
- How will you test our eCommerce app?
- Will you provide us support after the launch?
- Should we choose between iOS and Android or develop the app for both operating systems?
- How frequently will you update the software?
Takeaways On eCommerce App Development Companies
eCommerce app development companies have the technical expertise to build a fully functional eCommerce software that will drive more sales to your business.
eCommerce apps are a much better place to shop than mobile websites. They load faster and allow quick access, sometimes even without an internet connection.
Investing in eCommerce software will contribute to positive user experience, more satisfied clients and increased revenue.
Most eCommerce app developers have an average hourly rate of $50.