Cyber security is one of the most pressing challenges facing businesses in the digital era. High-profile cyber attacks are becoming a frequent occurrence and no company is immune to these threats. Making an investment in services from the right cyber security company is key to protecting both your company’s data and that of your clients or customers.
Here are some important considerations when evaluating your choices for cyber security:
● A definition of cyber security - Cyber security simply describes all processes, systems, and software design to help protect against attacks and security breaches and dispense with threats once they are detected.
● Common types of cyber attacks - Cyber attacks take many different forms, including malware (viruses, worms, spyware, trojans, etc.), ransomware attacks, phishing, and DoS attacks.
● Cyber security products and services - To match the range of different cyber attacks, cyber security firms offer a range of services to address numerous types of threats. These may include anti-virus software, firewalls, IDS, cloud security, and other incident response services.
● Forward-thinking - Hackers are smart, and their methods are constantly evolving in an effort to evade detection. The best cyber security companies are the ones that remain vigilant, making an effort to adapt to the latest techniques employed by attackers.
● Proven track record - Cyber security is far too important to hand over to an untested partner. Top cyber security firms have long track records of proven success implementing security solutions for other clients. Be sure to ask to see case studies that include implementation details and measurable results.