Table of Contents
- What Differentiates Public Relations Firms In Massachusetts From Other US-Based Competitors?
- What Services Can You Outsource To A Massachusetts Public Relations Agency?
- How Much Do Massachusetts PR Companies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire A Public Relations Agency In Massachusetts?
- How To Choose The Best Massachusetts PR Company For Your Brand
- 10 Questions To Ask Public Relations Agencies In Massachusetts Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Public Relations Firms In Massachusetts
What Differentiates Public Relations Firms In Massachusetts From Other US-Based Competitors?
Public relations firms in Massachusetts offer standard PR services that help brands accelerate growth.
Several key aspects make them stand out from their US-based competitors:
They Employ World Leading Expertise
According to USA TODAY, Massachusetts is the best state in the US for doing business because:
- Its average earnings are $73,246
- 43.4% of the adult population has a bachelor's degree
- Its GDP grew by 2.6% from 2018 to 2019
The healthy economy, high quality of life, well-educated workforce, reliable infrastructure and pro-business laws and policies make Massachusetts one of the most enticing places for doing business.
As a result, the state is home to 16 Fortune 500 companies among which are Apple, Amazon and Walmart.
These business-friendly conditions also lead to stable job growth. In fact, between 2018 and 2019, Massachusetts unemployment decreased from 3.4 to 2.9%.
So, it’s no wonder it attracts some of the finest PR specialists in the whole country.
In addition, being home to MIT university, the state not only attracts but also produces top-grade experts.
They Have Experience In Promoting The Locally Dominant Industries
Massachusetts has one of the wealthiest economies in the US with a GDP of $490.2 billion.(USA TODAY)
The major industries that make it a big economic powerhouse are:
- Information Technology
- Marine Trade
- Higher Education
Operating in the area, public relations firms in Massachusetts have naturally acquired a deep experience in these sectors.
They have unique insights into:
- The local ecosystem
- Audience’s needs and pain points
- Market’s trends, opportunities and challenges
They Are Part Of A Tech Innovation Hub
The technology industry in Massachusetts is thriving. So, it’s no wonder Boston is one of the likeliest cities to become the next leading tech innovation hub along with Silicon Valley.
The proximity to MIT university and the innovative mindset the local companies have allows them to deliver high-end services.
What Services Can You Outsource To A Massachusetts Public Relations Agency?
Public relations firms in Massachusetts specialize in reputation management. They engage in various types of strategic communications that can be owned, earned or paid.
Some of their core offerings include:
- Market research: They understand who your audience is using different forms of surveys, questionnaires and focus groups to ensure they build a relationship with the people who are interested in your brand and offerings.
- Social media marketing: They manage businesses’ social profiles to ensure greater engagement and better customer service.
- Influencer marketing: They partner with influencers to help brands generate brand awareness and introduce their products and/or services to a wider audience.
- Event marketing: They assist clients in creating and hosting different events to engage their audiences and attain event coverage in desirable outlets.
- Media relations: They nurture and maintain contacts with local media that allows them to get a story published with relative ease.
- Corporate communications: They help brands communicate with their potential and existing clients effectively and efficiently.
- Crisis and issues management: They make efforts to minimize damage and keep brands’ reputation during a time of crisis or scandal.
- Press releases: They create and distribute press releases to announce new product launches, campaigns and news.
How Much Do Massachusetts PR Companies Charge For Their Services?
Public relations companies in Massachusetts come in different sizes. So, normally you can expect them to offer different pricing structures and fees.
The most common are:
- An hourly fee
- A flat fee
- A result-based fee
The cost per hour varies among companies and can go from $150 to $200. A few factors that influence this plan are the brand value, team seniority and size as well as the complexity of requirements.
When it comes to the flat fee, public relations specialists usually offer fixed prices for specific services. Thereby, in this case, you can expect to pay:
- $1000 to $18,000/month for influencer marketing
- $900 to $1600/month for social media marketing
- $3,000 to 50,000 for market research
The cost of the project based-fee, on the other hand, depends on what results your partner should deliver.
Why Hire A Public Relations Agency In Massachusetts?
These are the key reasons why you should invest your time and money in a public relations agency in Massachusetts:
- Having access to top-grade talent: With its ideal working and living conditions, Massachusetts not only attracts corporate headquarters but also some of the finest public relations specialists in the US. In addition, the state is home to MIT university which produces highly skilled talent that contributes to this sector as well.
- Taking advantage of their experience in the locally dominant industries: Having served local clients, PR specialists operating in this state have naturally acquired experience in the most dominant sectors. They have key insights into the local market and are thereby uniquely positioned to help local businesses reach their audiences.
- Leveraging their innovation capacities: Public relations firms in Massachusetts are widely known for their innovative capacities. Thanks to the proximity to MIT university, the many tech companies located here and the innovative mindset they have, they deliver premium services that generate growth.
How To Choose The Best Massachusetts PR Company For Your Brand
The best place to start your research for the best PR agency in Massachusetts is our table with carefully vetted companies.
Our expert analysts researched thousands of options and identified the leading firms that are capable of delivering results.
Going back to our list and visiting these agencies’ profiles, you can get meaningful info on their:
- Average rates
- Clients awards
- Press mentions
With a single click, you can also visit their websites to extend your research.
A few tips to consider are:
- Read their reviews and check their references to understand how reliable the potential companies on our list are.
- Check their past work to see whether they have experience in your industry and if they understand your target market.
- Find out who will work on your project, what level of experience these PR specialists have and whether they possess the required expertise.
10 Questions To Ask Public Relations Agencies In Massachusetts Before Hiring One
- What are your core areas of expertise?
- Have you ever worked with clients in the same or similar industry to ours?
- What social media platforms do you have experience in?
- What publications do you believe are relevant to our industry?
- How do you manage outbound communications?
- How will you make sure the campaigns you create are personalized to fit our brand?
- Who will work on our project and what is their level of experience?
- How do you measure campaign success and what metrics do you track?
- Will you send us analytical reports and how often?
- How much will the project cost? Are there any additional fees we need to be aware of?
Takeaways On Public Relations Firms In Massachusetts
Massachusetts ais one of the top outsourcing destinations for PR projects because the local companies:
- Employ highly skilled talent
- Have experience in the locally dominant industries
- Are widely known for their innovation capacities
They typically price their projects based on hourly rates. So, you can expect prices that range between $150 and $200.
To pick the best partner for your business needs:
- Go back to our list and visit these agencies’ profiles
- Read their reviews and check their references
- Check their past work
- Find out who will work on your project
Best of luck!