Table of Contents
- What Makes a Web Development Company in the United Kingdom Unique?
- What Do Web Developers in the UK Specialize In?
- How Much Do UK Website Developers for Their Services?
- Why Should You Hire a Web Development Agency in the United Kingdom
- How to Select the Best UK Website Development Agency
- 10 Questions To Ask A Website Development Company In the United Kingdom
- Takeaways On UK Web Development Companies
What Makes a Web Development Company in the United Kingdom Unique?
The United Kingdom is the fifth most powerful nation in the world. It’s the birthplace of modern democracy and the Industrial Revolution.
It has the sixth-largest economy in the world and still exerts a strong influence on the worldwide economy, culture, politics, technology and more.
According to the latest analysis by PwC, despite Brexit, the UK will remain in the top 10 global economies by 2050.
Consequently, the United Kingdom is a leading hub for global highly-skilled talent.
Thanks to its good quality of life, education opportunities and diverse culture, this European destination is a magnet for some of the most talented, accomplished and competent website developers from all over the world.
According to Statista, 27 thousand web designers and developers were employed in the UK in 2021. But this number excludes professionals working in creative industries. So, as you can imagine, the number is surely much greater than this.
This data indicates that web development in Great Britain is the epicenter for first-rate talent in this industry. Web development companies in the UK are more than likely to be populated with outstanding specialists who can offer the best quality of services along with top-of-the-line creative input.
What Do Web Developers in the UK Specialize In?
UK Web development agencies create websites that are fully interactive, simple to navigate and compatible with different devices.
These specialized companies are capable of creating any type of website you need, including:
- Informational websites: This kind of website communicates the brand’s “who”, “what”, “why” and “how” to its target audience.
- Landing pages: They serve a focused purpose, like promoting a specific product or a service with concise messaging and strategically designed calls to action. (CTA)
- eCommerce websites: eStore websites allow businesses to sell physical goods and products to their customers online.
They can create bespoke platforms and Content Management Systems (CMS) for your business, but they also work with all the major website platforms like Magento, Shopify, WordPress and Headless CMS platforms.
Most web developers in the UK also offer a multitude of website-related services, including:
- Website design
- App design and development
- eCommerce design and development
- Graphic design
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Digital marketing
- And more
How Much Do UK Website Developers for Their Services?
A web development company in the United Kingdom usually offers the following pricing structures:
1. Hourly fee
Probably the most common billing option, the top website developers in the UK charge their clients between $50 and $99 per hour, on average.
Naturally, you can outsource premium services at $149 or even $199 per hour.
2. Project-based fee
Web development projects in the United Kingdom range between $5,000 to $50,000 and even more.
The difference in pricing usually comes down to:
- The complexity of your website
- The number of pages needed
- The number of features desired
3. Results-based fee
You and the web development company in the UK will choose the set of KPIs that your website needs to reach in order for the company to send an invoice.
These KPIs (key performance indicators) may be:
- Increased conversion rates
- Increased organic traffic
- Improved search engine ranking
- And so on
4. Flat fee
This type of fee is used for website consulting and maintenance.
If you need an agency’s services constantly or recurrently, you should opt for a monthly or even a yearly flat fee. A monthly payment usually starts at around $500 per month.
Why Should You Hire a Web Development Agency in the United Kingdom
A professional website development agency creates websites that:
- Engage your audience
- Provide a seamless and simple UX
- Have a well-functioning user journey and conversion funnel
- Enhance your website’s mobile device experience
- Generate measurable results
In this technological era, having a well-designed website that performs well on any device is a definite must. It’s crystal clear why you need to invest in professional web development services.
However, let’s look at some specific reasons why you should choose a web design company in the United Kingdom to develop your product:
Reason #1: Collaborate with Some of the Best Web Developers in the World
When it comes to higher education, the United Kingdom stands right next to the United States. In fact, Oxford outranks Stanford University as the world’s best university.
As a result, the UK attracts superior talent from all over the world, including some of the finest web developers out there. Hiring a local specialized agency to create your website will give your business access to well-educated and skilled specialists who can deliver impressive work.
Reason #2: Capitalize on Their Local Market Know-How
Compared to their peers across the world, website developers in the UK are more inclined towards serving clients operating in the country’s dominant industries:
- Financial services
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Oil and gas
- And more
The local experts have acquired a deep knowledge of the area’s major sectors, key competitors, target audiences, web designs that work best for each of these verticals and so on.
If you join forces, it’s very likely to reach a local audience more easily and effectively as these experts are sure to deliver successful projects for these industries.
Moreover, given the diverse talent these agencies employ, they are very likely to understand multicultural markets better than their competitors. They could help you engage both local and global audiences of various profiles and backgrounds.
Reason #3: Take Advantage of Their Innovative Skills
The United Kingdom is the leading innovation center in Europe and fifth in the world. Across the board, innovation is in the palm of the country’s workforce’s hand.
A web development company in the UK, as opposed to other similar agencies, is much more likely to bring forth innovative ideas with new ways of implementation and delivery.
They could deliver innovative solutions to help you surpass your competition and surprise your audience.
How to Select the Best UK Website Development Agency
Once you have shortlisted your candidates, you should make you’re the final decision based on these considerations:
1. Know the Type Of Website You Need
Determine what kind of website would be the most appropriate for helping you reach your short-term and long-term objectives.
Various web development companies in the UK specialize in creating informational, eCommerce, blog or social media websites, so knowing which one you need will help you narrow down your options to those specializing in what you need.
2. Decide On Your Budget
Before meeting with potential candidates, you should decide on the amount of money you are willing to spend on your website project.
A web development company in the United Kingdom should be able to deliver the best results within your budget and provide a good return on investment.
3. Look At Their Portfolio and Case Studies
To get properly informed on a prospective website development agency’s abilities and capacities, check out their past works and case studies.
You should look for proof of their experience in your industry to see if they ever encountered and addressed business growth issues similar to yours.
Looking at their portfolio should also shed more light on how they incorporate innovations and trends into their work.
4. Understand Their Processes
Knowing how UK web developers create a process that ensures you get an ROI and a website that meets your business needs is essential.
To do this, you should learn:
Who would be working on your project, what are their credentials and qualifications and how much time will they dedicate to your website.
- Who your point of contact is.
- How often will there be meetings and calls.
- How will they report on their progress with your website.
- How will they monitor your website’s performance.
10 Questions To Ask A Website Development Company In the United Kingdom
You should ask each web development company in the UK these following key questions to further ensure that they’re the best choice for your project:
- Have you developed websites for brands similar to ours?
- Can we see some of your before and after projects?
- How will you approach a project like ours? Will you tailor your website strategy according to our business needs?
- How long will the project take? When do you think we can launch our new website?
- Are there any parts of the project that need to be outsourced?
- Do you also offer other high-value services, such as SEO and content production?
- Who will be our main point of contact and how often we will discuss your progress?
- Will my team be able to make edits in the CMS on their own?
- How much will the final product cost?
- Does your team stay abreast of the latest trends in web design and development?
Takeaways On UK Web Development Companies
By partnering up with a top-rated web development company in the UK, you are investing in a professional website that accurately aligns with your brand mission, vision and values and attracts highly qualified traffic.
These specialized firms are different from the rest by these key features:
- Highly-educated talent pool
- Robust local market knowledge
- Innovative framework
They typically have an average hourly rate between $50 and $99.
To find the best web development agency in the United Kingdom for your business, take these essential steps:
- Decide on the type of website
- Define your budget
- Check their portfolios
- Understand their processes
Best of luck!