Table of Contents
- How Web Development Companies In New Jersey Differ From Other U.S. Competitors
- What Services Can You Outsource To New Jersey Web Development And Design Companies?
- How Much Do Web Development Services In New Jersey Cost?
- Why Should You Outsource Web Development In New Jersey?
- How To Choose The Best New Jersey Web Site Developer For Your Business
- 15 Questions To Ask Web Development Companies In New Jersey
- Takeaways On Web Development Companies In New Jersey
How Web Development Companies In New Jersey Differ From Other U.S. Competitors
New Jersey is a leading tech hub that drives top-tier talent from across the country and particularly from New York. In fact, its capital, Trenton, ranks among the top 15 cities in the U.S. hiring the most high-tech workers.
According to USA Today:
“The Trenton metropolitan area benefits greatly from its geographical location, near New York and Philadelphia, two of the nation's major industrial centers. Land, rent, and taxes are significantly lower in Trenton than in New York City, for example, which helps lure regional business to the city.”
Located within a one-hour drive from New York City, Trenton is more affordable across the board:
- While Trenton’s cost of living is 13.6% higher than the national average, New York City is 58.9% more expensive.
- Trenton residents have 3.4% higher housing expenses, whereas New Yorkers housing expenditures are 53.9% higher. (Salary)
- New Jersey is much more tax-friendly:
- New York’s state tax starts at 4%, whereas New Jersey’s state tax starts at 1.4%
- New York City’s sales tax is 8.8%, whereas New Jersey’s sales tax is 3.3%
- New York’s city tax starts at 3.0%, whereas New Jersey does not collect it
This business-friendly environment entices many notable companies:
These big employers combined with the city’s lower cost of living and high median tech wage of $97,851, are the reasons why New Jersey ranked 14th in the country by net tech employment in 2020.
The leading tech occupation categories were:
- Software, programmers, web and QA specialists (65,372)
- Cybersecurity and systems analysts and engineers (22,910)
- Network administrators, architects and support (21,050)
- IT support specialists (14,443)
- Database, data scientists and computer scientists (6,139)
These numbers indicate that web development companies in New Jersey have a wide selection of IT talent to choose from and surely employ skilled web specialists.
What Services Can You Outsource To New Jersey Web Development And Design Companies?
Web development companies in New Jersey are skilled in developing the backend of websites or software that make them functional and usable.
To develop websites, they take advantage of various programming languages and/or development platforms like:
Apart from backend development, most of these agencies can also assist you with:
- Market research
- Frontend development
- Software development
- App development
- eCommerce development
- QA testing
- Product maintenance and support
- And more
What makes web development companies in New Jersey truly stand out from the rest is their ability to deliver successful web development projects for clients in the locally dominant industries:
- Biopharmaceutical and life sciences
- Transportation, distribution, logistics
- Construction and energy
- Leisure and hospitality
- Financial services
- Retail trade
Considering that New Jersey-based businesses tend to outsource their projects to local companies, web developers operating in the area have gained unique insights into:
- The local audience and competition
- The major industry trends
- The market challenges and opportunities
This is how they manage to create high-performance websites for clients in these sectors.
How Much Do Web Development Services In New Jersey Cost?
For web development services in New Jersey, local agencies typically bill clients by the hour. They formulate the pricing based on various factors like:
- Their reputation
- Their team size
- The number of developers involved
- The project complexity
- The project deadline
- And more
Their hourly rates approximately range between $50 and $150. However, you can also come across firms that offer high-end services and may ask as much as $275 per hour.
Additionally, some web development companies in New Jersey may invoice you by the project.
In general, project rates start at $10,000 and may reach up to $100,000 depending on how complex is the website or rather how complex each stage of the development possess is:
- CMS development
Why Should You Outsource Web Development In New Jersey?
These are the key reasons why you should outsource web development and design to New Jersey-based companies:
1. Work With Highly Skilled Talent
New Jersey has attracted some of the best web developers from New York as well as the country.
The more affordable living expenses, tax-friendly conditions and the presence of globally renowned employers indicate that local companies offer top-tier talent for your upcoming project.
2. Enjoy Globally Competitive Services
Thanks to its business-friendly environment, New Jersey is home to many worldwide leading companies.
They are likely to handle their web development projects to local vendors, so New Jersey web development agencies are bound to:
- Stay on top of web development trends
- Invest in cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Offer high-end services
3. Take Advantage Of Their Local Market Know-How
Having operated in the same ecosystem and served local businesses, web development companies in New Jersey have accumulated vital experience in the major industries in the area.
Therefore, if your business operates in these sectors, local web developers may be the best fit for your project because they can:
- Spot challenges and opportunities
- Identify missing or incomplete requirements
- Understand the technical terms of these fields
- Accelerate project delivery
How To Choose The Best New Jersey Web Site Developer For Your Business
Consider these five steps to make the search for the best New Jersey web site developer easier:
Fact #1: Take A Look Into Their Portfolios
Going through the portfolios of each prospective New Jersey web developer will give you an idea of:
- The type of websites they build
- The kind of clients they partner with
- The quality of work they produce
Their past projects will highlight their strengths and weaknesses and help you find a partner that:
- Can develop the type of website you need.
- Is experienced in solving similar business problems.
- Has relevant industry experience.
However, don’t judge an agency’s capabilities based on their experience. While companies that have operated for a long time may accelerate the project delivery, those that have just started may bring a fresh perspective.
Fact #2: Check Their Reputation
When outsourcing web development and design to New Jersey-based agencies, be sure to find out how trustworthy and reputable they are.
You can do this by:
- Reading their reviews: Reviews will speak volumes about each company’s competence but also reliability and credibility. They will reveal how these agencies manage their projects, communicate with clients and how responsive they are.
- Going through their testimonials: Testimonials will give you an idea of how satisfied customers are with these agencies’ services.
- Checking their references: References are short stories developed by clients that will highlight the strengths and capabilities of your potential agencies.
All these forms of customer feedback will help you find the right collaborator among the best web development companies in New Jersey that can execute your project effectively.
Fact #3: Consider Their Communication Skills
Proper communication matters in delivering the project on time and successfully.
Therefore, it is important to hire a New Jersey web site developer who is responsive and answers to your requests and questions in a timely manner.
Additionally, your partner should be able to understand your business goals and the challenges you are facing while prioritizing the requirements.
Transparent communication between both sides will ensure maintaining a strong and lasting working relationship.
Fact #4: Look For A Good Cultural Fit
Company culture plays a vital role when choosing your web development partner. To ensure a successful partnership, you need to find an agency that fits your company and personality.
A company’s culture will tell you a lot about their own personality, including:
- Their working style
- Their beliefs and values
To scope out the agency culture of the best web development companies in New Jersey:
- Check them on social
- Review their team pages
- Find out about their community involvement
- Think if they make you feel welcome when you meet them
- See if they are excited about your project
Fact #5: Ask About Post-Launch Support
As your business grows, you’ll need to make changes to your website:
- Adding more content
- Creating more pages
- Developing more complex features and functionalities
Apart from this, all websites need to be regularly maintained to stay relevant for the users and search engines.
This maintenance may include:
- Updating the software
- Improving security
- Implementing SEO best practices
- And more
Therefore, be sure to hire a New Jersey web development and design company that will take the responsibility to be at your disposal after the project goes live.
15 Questions To Ask Web Development Companies In New Jersey
Once you narrow down the list with the potential web development companies in New Jersey, set interviews and ask the following questions:
- What kind of research do you perform before you begin the development process?
- Which industries have you developed websites for?
- Have you built any similar websites?
- What web development platforms do you have experience with?
- How do you test your websites before they go live?
- How will you handle website security?
- How long will it take to build the website?
- What type of support and maintenance do you offer post-launch?
- Will you need any info from our end?
- How will you handle communication throughout the entire project?
- Do you offer hosting services?
- What is the project cost?
- How many revisions do you provide within this cost?
- Once the website is developed, do you provide back-end training?
- How do you measure the results of website performance?
Takeaways On Web Development Companies In New Jersey
Web development companies in New Jersey may be the best fit for your upcoming project because they:
- Employ top-tier talent
- Offer globally competitive services
- Have local market know-how
The cost of their services approximately ranges between $50 and $250 per hour.
To choose the best New Jersey web development company for your business needs, consider the following steps:
- Take a look into their portfolios.
- Check their reputation.
- Consider their communication skills.
- Look for a good cultural fit.
- Ask about post-launch support.
Best of luck!