Table of Contents
- What Makes Web Development Companies In New York Unique?
- What Does An NYC Web Development Company Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Web Development Companies In New York?
- How Much Do Web Development Companies In New York Charge?
- Why Hire An NYC Web Development Company?
- How To Select The Best NYC Web Development Company
- 10 Questions To Ask New York Web Development Companies
- Takeaways On Web Development Companies In New York
What Makes Web Development Companies In New York Unique?
New York is a leading force in finance, real estate, healthcare and publishing.
As for the tech industry, New York is emerging as one of the most attractive startup hubs in the US. It was deemed the world’s second startup ecosystem in 2020, on par with London.
The sustained entrepreneurial opportunities, culturally rich environment and a bevy of top-ranking universities make New York a focal point for innovation and rising technologies.
This means web development companies in New York have teams of highly skilled specialists who can provide innovative and internationally competitive services.
Moreover, NYC holds the throne as the world’s best-performing city on Kearney’s ranking.
Thanks to its international schools, multiculturalism and favorable job outlook, the Big Apple draws high-level talent from across the nation as well as the globe.
This is the main reason why the city entices some of the best web developers in the US.
In addition, New York hosts several Fortune 500 companies, such as:
- Goldman Sachs Group
- JP Morgan Chase
- American Express
- And more
Working with some of the world’s largest corporations, NYC web development companies keep abreast of new trends and constantly improve their skill set, therefore being able to build high-quality and robust digital platforms.
Besides, New York City is the eighth-most expensive urban center in the world. The high cost of living and the fierce competition within the industry mean that only the top-tier web developers thrive in New York.
How Big Is The New York Web Development Talent Pool?
New York occupies the second position in the US with the highest concentration of specialists in the website development industry. 13,380 web developers were employed in this sector in 2020.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the web development field is expected to grow 8% from 2019 to 2029, a lot faster than the average for all occupations.
This is due to the dominance of mobile devices and the skyrocketing growth of eCommerce during the pandemic.
So, expect the New York web development talent pool to grow in the coming years as well.
What Does An NYC Web Development Company Specialize In?
As opposed to their counterparts elsewhere in the world, web development companies in New York tend to be more qualified in building custom websites for the locally dominant sectors.
According to Investopedia, these industries are the backbone of New York’s economy:
- Retail trade
- Professional and technical services
- Educational services
Like any other web development firm, an NYC web development company specializes in building and designing highly functional and engaging websites.
Their main core offerings are:
- Website development
- Website design
- Software development
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
- eCommerce design & development
- Website maintenance
- Technical SEO optimization
- And more
What Are The Different Types Of Web Development Companies In New York?
Web development companies in New York can be categorized in a few different ways based on the type of services they provide.
- Web development-only companies: They focus entirely on web development and design services such as WordPress website design, software development, eCommerce development and more.
- Mixed services companies: These specialists are well-versed in the whole range of web development but also tap into digital marketing, providing services like branding, content marketing, SEO, PPC and more.
- Full-stack companies: These agencies have expanded their web development expertise and offer services such as offshore software development, blockchain development, PHP development, .NET development and more.
- Full-service eCommerce companies: These experts focus exclusively on eCommerce development, from eCommerce design and marketing to SEO or consulting.
We can also look into these companies by the platforms they specialize in:
- WordPress: These developers specialize in developing custom websites or adapting a theme on the open-source platform, while providing an easy-to-use backend.
- Drupal: These experts also offer back-end development while adapting a template or creating new custom modules on the platform.
- Shopify: These agencies are qualified in building eCommerce stores with Shopify, implementing all functionalities and providing support and maintenance.
- Magento: These web developers are highly trained in creating e-stores on the Magento platform, providing maintenance and scalability or technical SEO.
Lastly, some NYC web development companies choose to specialize in a few specific verticals, some of the most popular being:
- And more
How Much Do Web Development Companies In New York Charge?
Web development is a costly endeavor due to the several costs involved, including:
- Website design
- Website development
- Support and maintenance
Most web development companies in New York charge between $100 and $175 per hour.
As for per-project rates, the majority of New York web development agencies expect, on average, between $10,000 to $25,000 per project.
Overall, the total cost of a website depends on your business needs and the complexity of the project.
Why Hire An NYC Web Development Company?
New York hosts the second largest number of web developers in the entire country. Considering the high competition within the industry, it’s safe to argue that an NYC website development company provides services of the highest quality.
Here are the top three reasons why you should hire a New York web development company:
- High-level talent pool: New York is an enticing destination for top talent from across the globe and the nation. This results in a highly-educated and skillful workforce that can offer globally competitive expertise.
- Innovative ideas: Web development companies in New York stay on top of the latest trends and have access to premium tools. They can provide innovative solutions and devise creative strategies to help your brand stand out in the digital landscape.
- Local market experience: Operating in the same ecosystem, NYC web development companies have a deep knowledge of the local market. They are well-equipped to provide industry insights in terms of web development to help you outperform the competition.
How To Select The Best NYC Web Development Company
The Big Apple is home to many competent and talented developers. This is why choosing an NYC web development company can get overwhelming.
Follow these steps when thinking of hiring a New York web development firm:
Step #1: Determine The Type Of Services You Need
The first step is to clearly define your business goals and determine the type of services you need: website development, eCommerce development, app development and so on. For instance, if you need a bespoke software solution for your business, it's best to choose a software development company that solely focuses on developing custom software.
You should know precisely how a website development company can help achieve your objectives before you begin your search.
Step #2: Evaluate Their Expertise
Depending on your clear-cut goals, gravitate towards a company that has already tackled similar projects, as that will ensure a successful outcome.
You need to know what brands they’ve worked with to better understand whether or not an agency is right for your business.
Take the time to look at their portfolio to get a solid grasp of their previous projects and what results they have achieved. Evaluate their expertise in your niche and figure out if that matches up with what you’re looking for.
Step #3: Look At Their Process
In addition to their past experience, looking at their process will reveal their organizational structure and their ability to meet deadlines.
You want to work with an NYC web development company that sets out on a goal-oriented process. Ask a potential agency about the project timeline and how they plan on building a structured process for your project to make sure you get the best results.
Step #4: Learn About Their Team
Partnering with web development companies in New York means you’ll be working with a team of professionals.
There are a lot of tasks involved in web development and each of them plays a key role in creating a successful platform.
Therefore, you need to dig deeper and ask questions about their individual experience, talent, passion and expertise. This will help you feel confident in the fate of your project.
10 Questions To Ask New York Web Development Companies
Before hiring an NYC web development company, gather as much information as you can about their approach, company culture and the quality of their work.
Ask them these questions:
- Have you worked with similar brands in the past?
- Do you have expertise in our niche? What makes you qualified to work on our website?
- What are the best results you have achieved for a client? Can we see some case studies?
- How will you approach a project like ours?
- What steps are involved throughout the development process?
- How long will it take until our website is ready to go live?
- Will you provide additional support after our website is launched?
- Will you create a custom website or adapt a template?
- Do you also provide SEO or is that a separate service?
- Who will handle our account and how experienced are they?
Takeaways On Web Development Companies In New York
Web development companies in New York are among the most qualified in the USA.
The top New York web development firms are able to infuse proper branding, innovative features and creative navigation to lead users on a captivating journey that converts.
What sets web development companies in New York apart from their peers are the following:
- High-end talent pool
- Innovative ideas
- Local market experience
They tend to be most competent in building websites for the locally dominant sectors: finance, healthcare, manufacturing or retail trade.
Most web development companies in New York have an average hourly rate between $100 and $175.
Best of luck!