Table of Contents
- What Makes Boston Video Production Companies Unique?
- What Services Can You Outsource To Video Production Companies In Boston?
- How Much Do Boston Video Production Companies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire A Boston Video Production Company
- How To Choose The Right Boston Video Production Firm For Your Business
- 10 Questions To Ask Boston Video Production Companies Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Video Production Companies In Boston
What Makes Boston Video Production Companies Unique?
Did you know that Boston has a thriving startup scene?
The city is ranked fifth in the top global startup ecosystems. In 2020, the Boston metro area has raised $12.83 billion in venture capital, making it the largest emerging market for venture investment in the US.
With 4,000 startups calling Boston their home, the demand for video content is soaring.
These newly formed companies use videos as an integral part of their marketing strategy to promote their brand and educate audiences about their products and services.
They are well-aware of the meteoric rise in online video consumption and understand the importance of producing sharp professional videos to drive brand awareness and business growth.
Therefore, it’s easy to presume that Boston video production companies have built robust portfolios and can showcase quality work.
The vigorous entrepreneurial environment is directly linked to Boston’s rich roster of world-renowned educational institutions.
Higher-learning universities such as Harvard, MIT or Tufts attract top-tier talent from around the world and produce today’s leading experts across the board.
These well-educated professionals foster innovation and creativity in areas such as technology, education, healthcare, energy, culture and make Boston a breeding ground for entrepreneurs.
This only means that Boston video production agencies are teeming with highly qualified specialists who can create fresh and engaging videos.
Moreover, Boston’s tech ecosystem is driving job market growth. In the tech industry only, the city has added 10,704 new jobs between 2018 and 2019.
As such, according to Glassdoor's latest job market report, Boston is the fastest growing city in the US in terms of jobs and pay.
The promising career conditions make the East Coast city an alluring destination for skilled talent from across the nation as well as corporate brands.
Many Fortune 500 companies are based in Boston, such as:
- American Tower
- Eversource Energy
- And more
Dealing with clients like these, Boston video production companies are sure to provide the highest level of services.
Moreover, operating in an innovation-driven environment, video specialists in Boston are exposed to creativity and ingenuity, something that shows in their work.
What Services Can You Outsource To Video Production Companies In Boston?
Unlike their colleagues in other parts of the States, Boston video production firms are more likely to claim expertise in the locally dominant sectors.
The major industries with the highest level of employment in Boston are:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- And more
Just like any other video production agency across the globe, Boston-based companies manage projects from start to finish: concept development, scripting, filming, production, editing, casting and so on.
Apart from the typical set of services, they can provide additional services based on their clients’ unique demands:
- Video strategy
- Video marketing
- Graphic design
- Sound engineering
- 3D animation
- And more
They can produce a diverse range of videos, including:
- Corporate videos
- Promotional videos
- Social media videos
- Training videos
- Events videos
- Interviews and testimonials
- Explainer videos
- Whiteboard animation videos
- Demo videos
- And more
How Much Do Boston Video Production Companies Charge For Their Services?
Video production agencies in Boston usually price their services:
- Per hour
- Per service
Depending on the complexity of your project as well as the timeframe, the cost of services varies.
Bear in mind that creating a video requires many components and phases until completion: pre-production, production, post-production. So, the overall price may get pricey.
Most video specialists in Boston have an average hourly rate between $125 and $150. As for projects, they usually charge between $1,000 and $10,000.
Why Hire A Boston Video Production Company
In 2019, people spent six hours and 48 minutes a week watching online videos.
Moreover, a whopping 84% of users say they have made a purchase upon viewing a brand’s video.
This speaks volumes about the power of video and its direct influence on purchasing decisions.
That’s why 85% of businesses are using video as a marketing tool in 2020, as reported by the same source.
Consumers are hungry for videos and devour them as long as they are engaging and of high quality.
This is why you should invest in professional video production and leverage the plentiful benefits videos have to offer for your business:
- Grow brand awareness
- Reach new demographics
- Increase social media engagement
- Build trust with your audience
- Rank higher in search
- Get more website traffic
- Generate sales
- Boost ROI
- And more
A video production company has the expertise, talent and equipment to help your business produce compelling video content that captures and engages the audience.
Take a look at a few specific reasons why you should consider hiring a video production company in Boston:
- Access to high-end talent: Home to more than 30 higher educational institutions, Boston draws high-level talent from across the world and the country. This results in a highly-skilled workforce that can deliver internationally competitive services.
- A beacon of innovation: Given its status as a rising tech hub as well as a worldwide leader in education, Boston breathes a spirit of innovation that overflows in numerous areas. The city drives new developments at a constant rate and the field of video production is no exception.
- Quality services at market rates: The cost of living in Boston is 16.3% lower than in New York which means that you can outsource equal quality of services at budget-friendly rates.
- Local market expertise: Operating in the same ecosystem for a long time, Boston video production companies have garnered extensive experience into the local market. These companies provide unique insights that can give you a competitive edge.
How To Choose The Right Boston Video Production Firm For Your Business
There are no shortcuts to finding the best video production agency for your business. You must take the time to research all the potential candidates, their core offerings and their capabilities so that you make a well-informed decision.
Follow these steps when choosing the right Boston video production company for your brand:
Step #1: Decide The Type Of Video You Need
Prior to starting your search, you must determine the type of video you want to produce in order to reach your goals.
Once you have decided the services you need, take a look at your competition and collect some examples to help a potential agency better understand your needs.
The best video production firms in Boston can create many different types of videos such as product, onboarding, demo, explainer videos, animation and many more.
Step #2: Explore Their Portfolio
Top Boston video production companies take pride in their work and are keen on showcasing it.
Make sure to flip through their previous projects to see whether their work can match your brand vision, requirements and standards. Check if they can produce high-quality, shareable videos and how they perform on different channels.
Step #3: Verify If They Have Marketing Expertise
There are video production companies of all stripes in Boston but we suggest hiring those that can also provide digital marketing services.
These marketing experts know what type of video works best for your brand, how to target the right audience and promote it on the right platforms. They create various strategies around your video content to help you drive the best possible results.
Step #4: Read Their Reviews
Nothing is more revealing than client feedback to better grasp what a company is all about.
So, be sure to read their reviews to get insights on their reliability, transparency, flexibility and company culture. This final step will steer you towards the right decision for your business.
10 Questions To Ask Boston Video Production Companies Before Hiring One
Before actually hiring video specialists in Boston, make sure to follow the above steps as well as gather extra information about their processes, corporate culture or quality of work.
Ask them these questions:
- What industries do you have experience in?
- Have you produced similar videos before?
- How will you develop a comprehensive strategy based on our specific needs?
- What type of video do you think will drive the best results for our brand?
- How long does it take until the final product is ready to launch?
- Can you walk us through your portfolio and case studies?
- Do you also offer marketing or advertising services?
- Who will lead our project?
- How much will our project cost?
- How do you keep up with the latest trends and technologies?
Takeaways On Video Production Companies In Boston
As a leading global force in education, Boston attracts some of the best professionals from around the world.
It’s safe to say that video production companies have teams of highly-educated and skilled specialists who can deliver exquisite work.
What sets apart Boston video production agencies from their peers elsewhere in the world are these four ingredients:
- Top-tier talent
- Leading innovation
- High-quality services at market rates
- Local market experience
They tend to be more qualified in producing videos for clients within the locally dominant industries: education, healthcare, retail, technology, finance and more.
To ensure you are choosing the right agency for your brand, take these four steps:
- Decide on the type of video
- Check their past projects
- Find out if they offer marketing services
- Skim through their reviews
Most video production companies in Boston charge between $125 and $150 for their services.