Table of Contents
- What Makes Philadelphia Video Production Companies Unique?
- What Do Video Production Agencies in Philadelphia Do?
- How Much Do Video Production Services in Philadelphia Cost?
- Why Should You Hire a Philadelphia Video Production Company?
- How to Choose the Best Philadelphia Video Production Agency?
- 10 Questions to Ask Philadelphia Video Production Companies Before Hiring
- Takeaways on Video Production Agencies in Philadelphia
What Makes Philadelphia Video Production Companies Unique?
Three reasons make Philadelphia video production companies stand out from all other similar agencies in the country:
Reason #1: Philadelphia Welcomes High-End Talent
Pennsylvania’s largest city is like a magnet for leading talent across the state and the country for several significant reasons.
On the one hand, Philadelphia is a great place to live for university students, young professionals and families alike. With a reasonable cost of living, the city is more affordable than many big US hubs.
Just to compare, Philly is 40.4% cheaper than Los Angeles with its median home cost being 74% lower in price.
According to the same source, when compared to New York City, Philadelphia has more affordable expenses for the following categories:
- Food & Groceries (-1.5%)
- Housing (Homeowner) (-77.8%)
- Median Home Cost (-74.9%)
- Transportation (-14.2%)
Not only does the city rank among the top 25 paying cities in the US with an average income of $56,170, but it also offers job opportunities with major employers like Amazon, Accenture, IBM, Deloitte, KPMG and Dell among others.
Reason #2: Philadelphia Produces Highly Skilled Workforce
Philadelphia boasts a talented workforce. Its educational institutions are accountable for producing exceptional talent, including some of the best video producers in the country.
According to Select Greater Philadelphia Council:
The city is home to more than 100 colleges and universities. US News ranks the University of Pennsylvania as:
- The eighth best university on a national level, based on its performance
- The 14th best university, based on its academic quality
Not only do many US residents move to Philly for the well-known universities, but the city is also known for the number of students who choose to live there after graduation.
Data supports this fact as Philadelphia ranks among the top 35 US largest cities for new college graduates.
This indicates that the city makes a great choice for outsourcing video production as some of the most talented professionals reside here.
Reason #3: Philadelphia Has a Vibrant Art Scene
One of the best things about living in Philadelphia is its art scene. Its cultural institutions are some of the finest in the nation and in the world. From various family-friendly musicals to operas, concerts, shows and other city-wide cultural celebrations, there is something for everyone living there to see and do.
Because of its vibrant art scene and stimulating atmosphere, Philadelphia has emerged as a big player in the video production industry.
This is where local professionals drive their inspiration from and the lively environment contributes to creative thinking.
What Do Video Production Agencies in Philadelphia Do?
Just like other similar companies around the globe, video production agencies in Philadelphia are experts in developing various types of high-quality video content, typically needed for branding or marketing purposes, including:
- Motion graphics and animation
- Onboarding videos
- Demo videos
- Brand videos
- And more
They usually cover all stages of the video production process, from initial planning to distributing and promoting the final draft of the video.
Video production agencies in Philadelphia employ various team members where the key roles are the directors (creative leads) and editors (post-production specialists).
What separates video production companies in Philadelphia from their peers across the nation is their understanding of the local market and business environment.
Operating in the area, they are very likely to have served local clients which is how they gained knowledge in:
- The different types of audiences, their pain points, likes and dislikes
- The key competitors, their strengths and weaknesses
- The major challenges and opportunities
With these unique insights at hand, Philadelphia video production companies are more competent in executing projects for the locally dominant industries.
As Select Greater Philadelphia Council states, the major sectors driving Philly’s economy are:
- Life sciences
- Chemical manufacturing
- Cell and gene therapy and connected health
How Much Do Video Production Services in Philadelphia Cost?
Businesses that outsource video production services in Philadelphia will usually pay their agency partner based on the number of hours they dedicate to the project or video production process.
Rates typically range between $50 and $200 per hour. The difference in price usually comes as a result of several factors like:
- Company reputation and experience
- Project complexity
- Additional services (like marketing or branding)
However, considering that video production is a complicated process, there are many other factors associated with the final cost. Therefore, you can expect to pay an additional amount of money for:
- Script development
- Studio rental
- Talent (actors, models, singers, etc.)
- And more
Why Should You Hire a Philadelphia Video Production Company?
The key reason why businesses should consider partnering with Philadelphia video production companies is their deep understanding of the local environment.
Their unique insights allow these professionals to be data-driven at every level, uncover audiences and opportunities and be more efficient during the video production process.
Apart from these, there are three more reasons to outsource video production services in Philadelphia:
- Work with leading talent: Philadelphia not only entices some of the finest specialists in the nation with its proper living and working conditions, but the city also produces a highly skilled workforce thanks to its internationally recognized universities that result in exceptional talent that offers competitive services.
- Take advantage of the creative mindset: Philly has a vibrant art scene that acts as a stimulator, encouraging creative thinking and inspiration. This is where local video production experts drive motivation from, resulting in more innovative and creative projects that engage and convert audiences.
How to Choose the Best Philadelphia Video Production Agency?
No matter whether you want to invest in a short commercial or a long brand video, choosing the right video production company in Philadelphia is an important business decision.
Therefore, you should take the time to research and compare companies to ensure you’ve made the right choice.
Follow these key five steps to make the search for the best agency partner easier and quicker:
- Ask about the cost: The first step to take is to set a budget and let the agencies know what is the range they can operate within. That way, they can know what type of locations to rent and what type of talent they can afford to engage. Once you have your budget set, ask video production agencies in Philadelphia for quotes. However, be aware that at the initial stage, you may only get a price range. That is because there are so many factors that can influence the final cost of the video production process.
- Check their previous work: Most video production agencies in Philadelphia will have their portfolios available on their websites for prospective clients to explore. Be sure to see what types of videos they have produced, how attractive and engaging they are, if they are professional and of high quality. That way, you will find out if they can meet your requirements and standards and deliver a video that can help achieve your business goals. Considering that not all projects can be published due to copyrights, you can also ask agencies to send more similar examples to learn more about their work.
- See how communicative they are: Video production projects require a lot of collaboration on both ends. Therefore, you might want to consider how communicative they are, including how quickly they respond to your calls and emails. Ask how you will interact during the project, what communication channels you will use and who will be the contact person. Additionally, see if they are able to listen to your ideas and understand your requirements well.
- Read their reviews: The feedback of past clients is one of the most trustworthy strategies to determine if a company can be a good fit or not. Reviews will speak volumes about how dedicated the company’s team is, how able they are to deliver quality projects as well as and how flexible and transparent they are.
- Learn if they have marketing experience: Promoting the video is as equally important as producing it. Even the most engaging video won’t be successful if it’s not distributed properly, on the right channels and to the right audience. Therefore, be sure to ask if Philadelphia video production companies have advertising and marketing experience and how they can help create a plan of action to help generate the desired results.
10 Questions to Ask Philadelphia Video Production Companies Before Hiring
To ensure you make the right decision for your business and your project, ask video production companies in Philadelphia the following questions:
- What type of videos do you produce?
- Have you worked on similar projects? How well do you know my business model?
- What video filming tools and equipment do you have access to?
- Do you have professional scriptwriters on staff who can create the script? Or should I deliver it?
- Who will find and/or provide the filming location?
- Will you provide talent or should I hire another company for casting?
- Do you offer marketing services as well? Can you develop a video promotion strategy?
- How much will the video cost?
- Is editing included in the cost? Or do you charge extra for revisions?
- What is the expected timeframe of project delivery?
Takeaways on Video Production Agencies in Philadelphia
Philadelphia video production companies are some of the best in the nation. They may be more competent to execute your project because of:
- Their leading talent
- Their creative mindset
- Their local market know-how
While they serve all type of businesses, they are more likely to deliver successful projects for the following sectors:
- Life sciences
- Chemical manufacturing
- Cell and gene therapy and connected health
For video production in Philadelphia, businesses can expect to pay between $50 and $200 per hour.
To choose the best agency partner, follow these steps:
- Ask about the cost
- Check their previous work
- See how communicative they are
- Read their reviews
- Learn if they have marketing experience
Best of luck!
Scroll Up to Find The Best Philadelphia Video Production Companies and Pick A Partner Today!