Table of Contents
- What Makes Boston SEO Companies Unique?
- What Does A Boston SEO Company Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Boston SEO Agencies?
- How Much Do Boston SEO Services Cost?
- Why Hire A Boston SEO Expert?
- How To Select The Best Boston SEO Agency
- 10 Questions To Ask Boston SEO Experts
- Takeaways On Boston SEO Companies
What Makes Boston SEO Companies Unique?
Boston is globally recognized as a leading center for higher learning. More than 100 educational institutions reside in the Greater Boston Area.
Prestigious universities such as Harvard, MIT or Tufts attract stellar talent from all around the world.
This means that Boston SEO companies are armed with highly qualified professionals who can deliver internationally competitive services.
The capital of Massachusetts has a healthy economy with output in a variety of sectors such as healthcare, education, finance, technology, government and more.
The city enjoys a low unemployment rate and a 4.3% job growth over the last year. It has added 10,704 new jobs only in the tech industry between 2018 and 2019.
Plus, the cost of living is 16.3% lower than its East Coast fellow New York.
These are key reasons why Boston attracts some of the best specialists in the world, including SEO experts.
In addition, Boston is home to several corporations on the Fortune 500 list:
- American Tower
- Eversource Energy
- And more
These companies use SEO to drive business growth and operating in Boston means they can easily source quality services.
Dealing with high-caliber clients like these, it’s safe to say that Boston SEO companies keep abreast of the latest industry trends to offer a high standard of service.
What Does A Boston SEO Company Specialize In?
Unlike other SEO companies in the US, a Boston-based agency is more equipped to provide services for the locally dominant industries.
These are the major sectors driving Boston’s economy, according to Forbes:
- Financial services
Similar to other companies in the rest of the world, a Boston SEO company specializes in helping businesses across all industries rank higher on search engines.
Their goal is to increase brands’ search visibility, drive relevant traffic to their websites and ultimately sales.
To do that, Boston SEO companies employ different techniques:
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
- Technical optimization
- Measuring performance
SEO specialists optimize your web pages and content so that users can easily find your website when searching for terms relevant to your business.
They perform keyword optimization, implement content strategies and improve user experience in order to get your website on the first page of Google.
A Boston SEO company has the qualified expertise, tools and resources to help your business generate qualified website traffic and acquire new leads.
What Are The Different Types Of Boston SEO Agencies?
Based on the type of services they offer, Boston SEO companies can be divided into a few categories:
- Full-service SEO agencies: These experts stay on top of the latest trends and use various tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz. Besides the full range of SEO services, these companies also provide services such as content development, PPC, web design and development to help you accomplish all your online goals.
- Outsourcing SEO agencies: While charging big bucks, these companies steal the scene with a couple of effective strategies and promises of successful results. In reality, they outsource their services offshore at much lower rates.
- Rusty SEO agencies: Some specialists have outdated SEO skills, meaning that they haven’t kept up with the fast-changing SEO environment and cannot offer a long-term comprehensive strategy.
How Much Do Boston SEO Services Cost?
Most Boston SEO experts charge between $85 and $150 per hour for their services. You can also find agencies providing superior services at $200 per hour.
When it comes to projects, most SEO agencies in Boston demand between $1,000 and $10,000 per project.
Given the reasonable cost of living in Boston, the prices are lower than in other parts of the US.
Why Hire A Boston SEO Expert?
68% of online experiences start with a search engine and search engine optimization generates 1,000% more organic traffic than social media.
Moreover, only 5.7% of all website pages get listed in the top 10 of Google’s search results within a year.
This is why it’s imperative to properly optimize your website to reach the coveted top positions and Boston SEO companies can help you achieve that.
Here are a few specific reasons why you should hire Boston SEO services:
- Access to high-end talent: The many universities and colleges in the Boston area produce not only the world’s top experts but thought leaders alike. These highly-educated professionals can offer outstanding expertise across many different fields and SEO is no exception.
- Quality services at market rates: Considering that the living expenses are lower than in New York, Boston SEO companies are able to provide the same quality of services at more affordable rates.
- Insights into the local market: Operating in the same area for a long time, Boston SEO experts have naturally acquired expertise in the local market. They are skilled in developing winning SEO strategies for brands in the local sectors: education, finance, biotechnology, tourism and more.
How To Select The Best Boston SEO Agency
Selecting the best SEO agency in Boston may be a difficult task if you don’t know which factors to take into consideration.
Follow these six steps when choosing the best Boston SEO company:
Step #1: Check Their Previous Work
Examine an agency’s portfolio to determine if they are successful in propelling and maintaining websites in top search results. You can also gain insights into their creativity, resources and quality of work.
Furthermore, their previous projects will reveal if they have tackled similar projects before. Having experience in your industry means they are more competent to deliver results.
Step #2: Learn About Their Use Of Tools
Successful SEO greatly depends on the use of tools. These are instrumental in developing and implementing effective strategies.
So, be sure to ask a potential company what type of tools they’re using to ensure a complete SEO makeover. The best Boston SEO companies use premium tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, KWfinder, Moz and more.
Step #3: Ask Them How They Create Reports
Reports are yet another vital component of the SEO process. This is how SEO specialists keep track of the progress made and tweak the campaigns accordingly.
Be sure to ask a potential company how often they will create and present reports and how long it will take before you see results.
Step #4: Get To Know Their Team
Most SEO agencies in Boston have senior-level employees which means no trainees or juniors will be working on your website. Having experts dealing with your project will ensure the best results.
However, given the complexity of SEO, you should understand the role each team member plays in the SEO never-ending story.
For example, it’s key to learn if they have dealt with similar clients as that will be extremely useful for project success.
Step #5: Skim Through Their Reviews
Look at a company’s reviews to get info about their processes, corporate culture, transparency and reliability.
Reading about previous clients’ experiences with an agency can be a decisive factor in the hiring process.
Step #6: Beware Of Unethical SEO Specialists
Be cautious when choosing your future partner, as some SEO agencies rely on unethical practices.
These SEO specialists use shady tactics to vouch for success in a very short period of time. The techniques they rely on defy search engine guidelines and can have a deeply negative impact on your business in the long run.
10 Questions To Ask Boston SEO Experts
Before you select an SEO agency in Boston, make sure to collect as much information as you can to ensure you’re choosing the right partner for your business objectives.
Ask them the following questions:
- Do you have experience in our industry?
- What type of SEO tools do you use?
- How do you develop a comprehensive strategy based on our goals?
- What kind of SEO tactics do you believe will drive the best results for our brand?
- What is the timeframe for seeing results?
- How frequently do you compile reports on your progress?
- What is your pricing structure?
- Can you show us some of your most successful projects?
- Who will be our main point of contact?
- How do you keep up with the latest trends and technologies in the industry?
Takeaways On Boston SEO Companies
Since Boston is world-renowned for its higher learning institutions, you can rest assured that SEO experts based there can offer exquisite services.
What sets apart Boston SEO companies from their peers elsewhere in the US are these few aspects:
- Access to leading talent
- Quality services at market rates
- Local market know-how
Some SEO agencies in Boston have chosen to focus on providing services for the major local industries: education, finance, tourism, biotechnology and more.
To select the best Boston SEO company for your business, take these steps:
- Run through their portfolio
- Find out what SEO tools they use
- Learn about who will work on your project
- Read their reviews
- Ask them how they make reports
- Stay away from unethical SEO companies
Most SEO specialists in Boston have an average hourly rate between $85 and $150.