Table of Contents
- What Differentiates A Branding Agency In Boston From Its Other US-Based Colleagues?
- What Do Branding Agencies In Boston Do?
- Why Hire A Branding Agency In Boston?
- How To Choose The Right Branding Agency In Boston?
- 10 Questions To Ask Branding Agencies In Boston Before You Hire One
- Takeaways On Branding Agencies In Boston
What Differentiates A Branding Agency In Boston From Its Other US-Based Colleagues?
Similar to their peers around the US, branding agencies in Boston create and maintain memorable brands.
However, there are a few aspects that make them stand out from all other creative companies out there.
In fact, Boston added 10,704 new positions in the tech industry between 2018 and 2019.
These are just a few of the reasons why the city attracts and employs some of the finest experts in the country.
What Do Branding Agencies In Boston Do?
Boston is a city renowned for its educational tradition and is therefore at the forefront of advertising trends and branding tendencies that are global in nature.
Like all other creative companies elsewhere, branding agencies in Boston will take your business and turn it into much more than just something that brings you revenue.
The point of branding is to create an identity that will communicate values that people can relate to.
Something that will make your target audience identify you with, that is more than your products and services.
This identity is made up of your company’s voice, messages, products, core values and more. They are all given a unified, consistent identity that can be marketed across multiple channels.
The result of branding is for audiences to perceive your products in a way that benefits your business the most. Although marketing is a part of branding, it’s only a small fraction.
Branding is a complex beast and branding agencies in Boston will cover all of these services:
- Logo design
- Marketing solutions
- Websites building
- Social media presence
- Email campaigns
- Creation of visual and written standards for the brand
Like already mentioned, the key to branding is consistency. The consistency in voice, message and visual identity.
What is also needed is that each and every channel used for branding messages have a tone of their own as they’re communicating with different audiences (different in terms of habits, needs, requests, etc).
A brand personality that you can acquire from cooperating with the best branding agencies will enhance the market engagement of your business.
There are steps needed prior to creating a brand personality.
- Research of market and consumers that constitute it
- Coming up with PR and print campaigns
- Defining visual characteristics of a brand and positioning
- The naming of a brand
- Testing of a brand
Why Hire A Branding Agency In Boston?
Today’s market is packed with competitors, whatever vertical you’re in. Good branding can help to give you an edge and keep you afloat.
Here are some key points to have in mind in terms of the main benefits of employing branding agencies in Boston:
Access To Highly Skilled Talent Pool
Boston is home to some of the most reputable institutions in the country including Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Hand Babson College
As one of the biggest academic hubs in the world, the city produces a skilled talent pool and a highly qualified workforce that benefits both the local and global based businesses.
The cost of living in NYC is 31.2% higher than in Boston. (Salary)
If we compare a brand strategy agency in Boston to a creative branding company based in some of the metropolitan centers like New York, then, we will see that Boston experts charge comparably less.
This is due to the lower cost of living that allows businesses to gain access to some of the nation’s best talent at lower rates.
Massachusetts is home to some of the most popular industries worldwide. According to WorldAtlas, the leading industries in the state are:
- Information technology
- Higher education
What makes a branding agency in Boston stand out from other companies around the globe and the US is its expertise in the locally dominant industries.
Through their exposure and collaboration with local businesses, they developed deep expertise in these sectors and understand the trends, challenges and market trends well to deliver successful projects.
How Much Do Branding Agencies In Boston Charge For Their Services?
Branding agencies in Boston usually price their services on hourly rates meaning you will pay them based on the time they spend working on your project.
The cost approximately ranges between $100 and $200 per hour. However, sometimes you can expect to pay as much as $300 if you partner with specialists that have higher seniority.
However, sometimes these companies can also charge per project.
A full branding job can cost between $30,000 and $300,000. This is for creating your marketing and brand persona from the ground up.
In general, the pricing rundown could look a bit like this for the entire industry:
- Designing a logo: $3,500 to $150,000
- Brand name: $10,000 to $75,000
- Website: $10,000 to $250,000
- Branded ads: $20,000 to $1,000,000+
How To Choose The Right Branding Agency In Boston?
Branding agencies in Boston are discerned from the rest by the level of detail, the complexity of work and the thoroughness of research they put into their projects.
However, that is easier said than done – how do you know you’re choosing the best partner (other than by taking a good look into their track record)?
Attending to these practices and looking for these qualities in your branding agency partner might be helpful when determining who should get your vote of trust:
- Project management and definition of objectives: Best branding agencies in Boston, Massachusetts will conduct very detailed research into what is considered your target audience and the market you’re operating on. Also, defining the objectives is not solely your work (although it primarily is). It’s something that you can negotiate with the agency. Once that is done, setting the steps towards developing a brand identity is easier.
- Track record and evidence of past success: These companies should have a portfolio of their work where you can look for signs of success in an industry or niche that is close to yours.
- ROI: Since branding can be a costly investment, it would be ideal if you could get some guarantees that your investment will be returned and your business will grow as a result of branding strategy.
Pro tip: To make your search easier ensure you clearly define your business goals and project requirements so that you can choose an agency that can meet your unique needs.
10 Questions To Ask Branding Agencies In Boston Before You Hire One
Here are the top questions you should ask Boston branding agencies before you hire one:
- What goals they would set for your project if you were to work together?
- Have they worked in an industry close to yours and do they have a portfolio that you can see?
- When introducing a new brand for you, what will the campaign look like? Will their marketing team be able to partake?
- Will their branding strategy be translated into diverse channels and platforms?
- You would like to have a cohesive identity on all of these channels. How do they plan to achieve this?
- Who will be on the team working on your project and who will be your main point of contact?
- What kind of ROI they can guarantee? What methods do they plan to employ to make sure this happens?
- In case of a crisis or a sudden change of plans, do they have a strategy for dealing with this? How do they plan to intervene and adjust your branding strategy once it’s released?
- How do they plan to keep on track with the project’s timeline?
- What analytics will branding agencies in Boston use to report on the success of the branding campaign and help determine if you are nearing our objectives?
Takeaways On Branding Agencies In Boston
Branding agencies in Boston offer high-quality services at budget-friendly rates.
However, it is not the quality of output that results in lower wages, but it is merely a matter of the more affordable cost of living.
They can approximately charge:
- $3,500 to $150,000 for logo design
- $10,000 to $75,000 for a brand name
- $10,000 to $250,000 for a website
- $20,000 to $1,000,000 for branded ads
To find the right agency to partner with:
- Learn about their project management structure and definition of objectives
- Discover their track record and evidence of past success
- Find out what ROI they can deliver
Best of luck!