Table of Contents
- What Makes Minneapolis Web Development Companies Unique?
- What Do Minneapolis Web Development Agencies Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Minneapolis Web Development Companies?
- How Much Do Minneapolis Web Development Services Cost?
- Why Should You Outsource Web Development Services In Minneapolis?
- How To Select The Right Minneapolis Web Development Company
- 10 Questions To Ask Minneapolis Web Development Companies
- Takeaways On Minneapolis Web Development Agencies
What Makes Minneapolis Web Development Companies Unique?
The tech scene in Minneapolis is thriving. As of 2020, the city ranks 14th in the US by net tech employment.
Its populated job market also plays a role in attracting and retaining first-rate talent. With 78,839 job postings in 2020, Minneapolis is one of the best cities in the US for jobs, outranking Seattle, Dallas and Austin.
Moreover, web developers in Minneapolis enjoy an average annual salary of:
- $77,827 for a web developer with three to five years of experience
- $98,952 for a senior developer with more than 10 years of experience
This is why Minneapolis entices both young and seasoned web developers. In fact, according to CompTIA’s latest Cyberstates report, in 2020 Minneapolis employed 32,069:
- Web developers
- Software engineers
- QA testers
Therefore, local web development companies are equipped with qualified specialists who can build high-quality websites and applications.
In addition, the city is home to many Fortune 500 companies and they expose the local agencies to the competitive market.
- U.S. Bancorp
- General Mills
- Ameriprise Financial
- Xcel Energy
- And more
These conglomerates need brand-differentiating websites with exceptional design and unique features to stay competitive in the market.
What Do Minneapolis Web Development Agencies Specialize In?
Unlike their US competitors, Minneapolis-based web development companies tend to be more trained in developing websites for the locally dominant industries such as:
- Financial services
Minneapolis web development companies also specialize in designing and building high-quality and engaging websites, eCommerce shops, mobile applications and custom software.
- Website development
- Web design development
- E-commerce design & development
- App development
- Software development
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
- Platform-focused or platform-agnostic development
- Website maintenance
- Technical SEO optimization
- And so on
What Are The Different Types Of Minneapolis Web Development Companies?
Some Minneapolis web development agencies specialize in one particular web development platform while some can design a website regardless of the platform. The most popular ones are:
- WordPress web design: WordPress is where most websites are built, so firms can easily design a custom website on the platform or adapt a template. Either way, brands are able to maximize the user-friendly WordPress backend.
- Shopify: Some developers focus exclusively on developing Shopify websites, building eShops with customized functionality as well as offering long-term maintenance.
- Magento: Others are highly qualified to build eCommerce stores on the feature-rich Magento platform while being able to provide scalability and maintenance.
- Platform-agnostic: These developers evaluate their clients’ unique needs and requirements to identify the most suitable platform for their business.
How Much Do Minneapolis Web Development Services Cost?
Most developers in Minneapolis have an average hourly rate between $100 and $149.
Charging on an hourly basis allows companies to estimate the time allotted for your project and provide you with a detailed breakdown of costs for every milestone.
How much you will pay for web development services in Minneapolis depends entirely on your project’s complexity and whether you require:
- Web design
- Web development
- Maintenance & support
Web development projects in Minneapolis are typically valued between $5,000 to $25,000.
Why Should You Outsource Web Development Services In Minneapolis?
The main reason why businesses outsource their projects to web developers in Minneapolis is to take advantage of their local market expertise.
Living and operating in the same ecosystem, these specialists have developed deep experience in the area’s predominant industries: retail, technology, finance and biomedicine.
They are familiar with the dynamics of these industries, from key players and competition to opportunities and challenges.
So, they have a unique understanding of the local market which makes them well-poised to deliver successful digital platforms to clients within these sectors.
In addition, compared to other major IT hubs in the country, the cost of living in Minneapolis is lower which makes the city a top destination for several corporate brands. This is why large companies are headquartered here including General Mills, Target, U.S Bancorp and Ameriprise Financial.
To serve high-profile clients like these, Minneapolis web development agencies are compelled to:
- Employ highly qualified talent
- Keep up with web development emerging trends
- Provide internationally competitive services
All in all, businesses that want to reach and engage local audiences successfully should hire web developers in Minneapolis since they understand the local market dynamics well and can offer unique insights that could place them above the competition.
How To Select The Right Minneapolis Web Development Company
Before you start seeking web developers, be sure to first assess your business needs.
- Outline a budget for your web development project
- Determine the type of website you need
- Consider the functionalities and features it should have
After deciding on these key points, take these steps to ensure you’re selecting the right Minneapolis web development company for your business:
Step #1: Identify Their Core Services
While these companies specialize in web development, others can also provide a wide range of web-related services such as UX design, WordPress and other platform developments. Some can even provide digital marketing services.
So, it’s vital to have a clear understanding of your business goals and what you want to achieve by partnering with a web development agency. This will steer you towards a company that provides the exact type of services you need.
Step #2: Explore Their Portfolios
Make sure to analyze their portfolios to assess their work quality and see if they can deliver successful websites.
Their previous projects will also tell you what clients they have worked with and whether they have solved similar business problems. Furthermore, having experience in your industry means that they are more equipped to serve your business needs and requirements.
This is because they are already familiar with the industry buzzwords, the competition, the target audience and the web design trends. This allows them to build digital platforms that deliver tangible results and even accelerate project delivery.
Step #3: Look Into Their Team
Whether it’s a custom or template-based website, many specialists work together to deliver a successful project including designers, developers, project managers, SEO experts and more.
This is why it’s best to find out the kind of specialists that will be involved in your project and how qualified they are. Look into the team’s members and check their level of experience as well as their experience in your niche.
Knowing the people that will take care of your project from start to finish will allow you to be more at ease with the entire development process.
Step #4: Read Their Reviews
Make sure to read their client reviews as they will reveal important aspects about the agencies you’re evaluating. You can gain insights into their quality of work, flexibility, management style and reliability.
It is also the easiest way to find out if these agencies are transparent when it comes to pricing, project planning and meeting deadlines.
10 Questions To Ask Minneapolis Web Development Companies
Before signing a contract with a web development company, ensure that you have gathered enough information about their team, processes, management style and quality of work.
Furthermore, you can also ask them these questions:
- Have you built websites for clients within our niche?
- What does your development process entail?
- Can you walk us through some of your best projects and explain how they became a success?
- Who from your team will work on our project and what is their level of experience?
- Besides web developers and designers, does your team include graphic designers, copywriters or software specialists who have formerly worked in a software development agency?
- How much will the project cost? Are there additional charges that we should be aware of?
- What are your SEO best practices and how will you apply them to our website?
- What type of project management tools do you use to keep the project on track?
- How often will we meet to discuss progress, revisions and modifications?
- How do you keep up with the latest trends in web design and development?
Takeaways On Minneapolis Web Development Agencies
Considering that its tech industry is thriving, Minneapolis is becoming an enticing destination for skilled IT talent, including web developers.
So, Minneapolis web development companies are sure to employ qualified tech talent that can provide nationally competitive services.
Minneapolis web developers are set apart from their US peers by their deep expertise in the locally dominant sectors: finance, retail, technology and biomedicine. So, they are likely to deliver successful projects to clients within these sectors.
Most local companies charge between $100 and $149 per hour.
To choose the right web development company for your business, follow these four steps:
- Check their core services
- Explore their past projects
- Look into their team
- Read their client feedback
Best of luck!
Scroll Up To Find The Best Minneapolis Web Development Companies And Pick A Partner Today