Post the Covid-19 pandemic; we live in a brand-new world. The pandemic has given a whole new meaning to the word ‘remote,’ making it a norm for what was once just a ‘when-in-a-pinch’ solution.
WordPress outsourcing is becoming common as more people willing to start an online business are shedding their hesitations about working with remote agencies.
Working remotely with an outsourcing agency is not just seamless but also quite rewarding. In this article, we will talk about how businesses can outsource WordPress development services and how they can find the best outsourcing provider for their requirements.
Let’s get into it.
Table of Contents
- WordPress Outsourcing: What To Outsource?
- What Is the Process of WordPress Outsourcing?
- Factors To Consider When Choosing a WordPress Development Outsourcing Provider
- How To Oversee a WordPress Outsourcing Project?
- Top WordPress Development Agencies You Should Outsource to in 2023
- WordPress Outsourcing Takeaways
WordPress Outsourcing: What To Outsource?
WordPress outsourcing implies delegating the WordPress setup and development tasks to an expert and experienced provider.
Before we move on to the details of WordPress outsourcing, let’s understand the everyday WordPress tasks that you can outsource, primarily from the perspective of a site designer/owner. These are:
- Complete PSD to WordPress Conversion
- WordPress Setup and Installation
- Keeping the WordPress Sites Secure
- WordPress Code Handling to Enable Custom Functionalities
- Client Support for WordPress Issues
As a general rule of thumb, the more specific you are with the tasks you want to outsource, the better.
What Is the Process of WordPress Outsourcing?
The process of WordPress outsourcing has been broken down into the following steps.
Step 1: Understanding the Specific Requirements
Business owners often reach out to outsourcing providers without an idea or goal. They do not have a clear set of requirements.
This is not desirable. The first step to outsourcing is understanding the business and technical goals. If you do not have a clear idea, sit down with a consultant or a subject matter expert to help them understand your vision.
They advise you accordingly and tweak their plan to best fit your vision. This way, you can best approach WordPress project development with the outsourcing provider.
Step 2: Strategizing & Planning
The development team creates a project scope based on communication and requirements. It documents the scope of work and helps everyone follow the same line.
Once you sign this document, the outsourcing team draws up an ‘Effort and Estimate’ document to do three things. First, to break down the project into individual tasks; second, to map each task to the number of hours of work required and third, to calculate the final timeline and estimated project cost.
If you are satisfied with this, the initial agreement is drawn, and the project officially moves into the development phase.
Step 3: Developing
Once the project is in development, the direct contact points are the developers. They are working on your project and are responsible for communication.
Outsourcing agencies use project management tools to track and manage activities. The developers keep sending periodic updates as well.
Step 4: Testing
The quality analyst team tests each module to ensure everything is up to mark. Any bugs that emerge get reverted to the developer. All issues get ironed out.
Step 5: Perfecting
This is an iterative process. The outsourcing team refines and revises things until they are perfect and up to your satisfaction.
Step 6: Launching
Once you approve all the work, the modules or website are set up and launched.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a WordPress Development Outsourcing Provider
The difference between a unique WordPress website and an unimpressive one often lies in the choice of the outsourcing agency. There are a few factors or parameters to consider in choosing the agency, which is a crucial step.
First, let's talk about the fixed parameters.
- Is the Company an Established One?
- Do They Have In-House Developers?
- Do They Communicate Promptly?
- Are They Transparent?
- Are You Looking for a Temporary Project or a Long-Term Relationship?
- What is Your Budget?
- What is the Project Timeline?
1. Is the Company an Established One?
Working seamlessly on small projects and communicating effectively with clients takes practice. Therefore, you should collaborate with an agency that has earned some reputation in the market.
Ask questions like how long the company has been around or how many employees work there. They should also be able to show their portfolio in the notable projects they have undertaken and accomplished so far.
2. Do They Have In-House Developers?
Once you have checked the portfolio, look into factors indicative of the agency's expertise and experience. The presence of in-house developers, who can illuminate you on topics such as WordPress vs. Laravel or the advanced WordPress plugins, is a must.
Contribution to WordPress Core can also be an indication of a reputable agency.
3. Do They Communicate Promptly?
Effective communication is a prime concern with remote work. So, take note of how promptly they respond to calls.
A good way would be to send an initial query or email or fill out the contact form and see their response time. Also, there should be multiple communication channels for reaching them.
4. Are They Transparent?
When working with an outsourcing agency, you only know what the agency puts out there. Sometimes, it is necessary to do due diligence to ensure that they are legit.
Any trusted agency will be upfront about its credentials and policies. It is a red flag if they do not have an established governing body or a terms and conditions document.
There are also some variable parameters to consider, such as the following:
5. Are You Looking for a Temporary Project or a Long-Term Relationship?
If you need a quick fix, you would want to hire a team of developers, and the primary factor is the competency of the development team.
However, you might be looking to hire a WordPress development agency for a long-term relationship. It could be for ongoing projects or just the upkeep of the website. In that case, ensure that the team is good at planning and strategizing the projects and consulting on relevant topics.
5. What is Your Budget?
Budget is a significant concern and an integral part of any project. Regarding outsourcing, you must remember that getting quality work done by a premium agency for a higher price is better than compromising the quality of work.
However, if your budget is on the lower side and it is a small project that you want to execute, you can go with WordPress agencies that accept projects for a lower fee.
6. What is the Project Timeline?
At the time of the initial query, be very clear about your expected timeframe. The ability of the agency to deliver the project so it aligns with your timeline is essential. It is possible that due to other commitments, they can't adhere to it.
The aim of your initial discussions should be to get your vision across. You can talk about your business, your customers, and your goals.
The team will propose an approach. At this point, we suggest you ask plenty of questions, as many as it takes for you to be satisfied with their reasoning.
Before you sign the initial agreement document, ensure that you and the agency have clarity on what is expected. If you need the agency to work under a non-disclosure agreement, this will be the time to bring it up.
How To Oversee a WordPress Outsourcing Project?
To make outsourcing successful, you need to oversee the project and not just leave it to the developers.
Every outsourcing agency has a different policy, but going with one that lets you speak to the developers directly is always preferred. Effective communication with the outsourcing team is an important way of keeping operations running smoothly.
Alongside, as part of overseeing, you should agree on a schedule for receiving updates in advance. Documentation keeps everyone on the same page and is hence, very crucial.
Outsourcing agencies also use project management tools to facilitate easier management of the process of building a WordPress website. These tools help keep track of time, subprojects, and issues that need to be addressed.
It is imperative to treat a remote team as an in-house team.
Regarding the post-launch support and maintenance services, make sure to agree upon a support period at the time of the initial agreement. Do not forget to mention if you need an extended support period.
Maintenance services are usually separate and include optimizing the website for speed, fixing issues, and taking care of security.
Payment is another critical point to discuss, and you should mention every payment clause detail in the agreement to avoid future disputes.
Top WordPress Development Agencies You Should Outsource to in 2023
- Location: Woodland Drive, Lawrence, Kansas 66049, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: WordPress Website Design, Branding, Product Design, Web Design, B2B Website Design
Brian White Design carries the name of an award-winning UI and brand identity designer and illustrator with over 25 years of industry experience under his belt.
The company’s namesake, Brian White, has worked with businesses of all sizes, from global brands and Fortune 500s to startups. These include big names such as Microsoft, T-Mobile, Sprint, Dell, and Capital One.
He is most recognized for his work in web design, user interface design, and branding, among others, which are essential areas to look at when hiring a WordPress development provider.
- Location: Boston MA, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: WordPress Website Design, Website Development, Digital Marketing, SEO, Small Business Branding…
Specializing in WordPress development and design, KMA Web Design embodies an appreciation for modern and functional design. The company focuses on small businesses across industries, including non-profit, education, engineering, healthcare, and real estate.
Combining expert knowledge and industry experience with attention to detail, KMA Web Design produces professional sites that are easy to navigate and can generate high-quality leads. The company has a hands-on approach, supporting clients from start to finish to ensure every project will be a success.
Aside from WordPress development, the agency also offers support for SEO, digital marketing, website consulting, website care, and technical maintenance.
- Location: 7801 N Robinson Ave, STE J-11, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73116, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Web Design, B2B Website Design, Digital Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing
Boiling Point Media is a full-service marketing agency whose expertise includes web design and development.
The websites they create are intuitive, interactive, and optimized, ensuring that users get an engaging experience on every visit. Each site is tailored to the client's unique needs and reflects their brand image and personality.
Aside from web design, Boiling Point Media's services also include SEO, lead generation, email marketing, social media marketing, content creation, and brand development. As an agency, they are also a notable provider of graphic design, computer-generated imagery (CGI), and animation services.
- Location: N1-14, N1, Block N1, IRC Village, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar, 751015, India
- Average Hourly Rate: $15/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, eCommerce Development, Mobile App Development, Website Development, Digital Marketing
An India-based web design company with a broad portfolio, Webzin provides clients with easy-to-use, flexible, and affordable WordPress solutions.
The agency gives businesses a head start in the e-revolution with high-quality web design and development services. These services are customized according to every client's specific requirements, so they are equipped with the tools they need to reach new audiences, increase sales, and maximize their business potential.
Apart from WordPress development and custom theme design, Webzin Infotech also has experts in eCommerce development, mobile apps, and other types of development needs.
- Location: 2818 Kramer Ln, Austin, Texas 78758, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Web Design, Small Business Web Design, Branding, SEO, Social Media Marketing
Brazilian company Webegin has conquered various industries around the globe with its creative ideas and digital solutions that are hugely based on data.
Recognized as the Best Digital Technology and Marketing Solutions Company for micro-businesses, small businesses, and startups, the company applies a data-driven approach in helping companies achieve the best results.
Webegin has worked with clients in eCommerce, tourism, real estate, and F&B, among others. Its WordPress solutions include website development, SEO, content management, and site migration.
6. Roop & Co.
- Location: 28025 Clemens Road, Suite 4, Westlake, OH 44145
- Average Hourly Rate: $150
- Expertise: Branding, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Web Design, B2B Website Design, Digital Marketing, B2B Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Email Marketing
Roop & Co. is an award-winning, strategic communications agency that specializes in content marketing and graphic design for B2B businesses. They create compelling content, distribute it across digital and traditional channels, and measure its impact on their clients' business goals.
Clients include RPM International Inc., Eriez, Euclid Chemical, I.D. Images and others.
- Location: 3986 Gateway, Bakersfield, California 93301, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $15
- Expertise: Digital Strategy, Branding, Product Design, UI/UX Design, WordPress Development
Getsocialguide is a leading WordPress blog and eCommerce solution provider, providing handpicked suggestions for bloggers. They provide WordPress themes, plugins, and news that will help grow clients' online brand presence with Social Media signals. The agency provides affordable services to all clients, across all industries.
Clients include Jooble, fixthephoto.com and nayatel.
- Location: 2035 Sunset Lake Road, Suite B-2, Newark, Delaware 19702, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125
- Expertise: Branding, WordPress Website Design, Digital Marketing and SEO...
Azency a one-stop shop for all things digital! The agency gets your brand’s entire tech solutions under one roof. From website development, WooCommerce to Shopify migration, apps development, branding, and digital promotions, their experienced and capable team has got you covered.
Clients include Hyatt Regency, WHO, Yadea and DFSK.
- Location: 2222 Ponce de Leon, Miami, FL, Miami, Florida 33134, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $22
- Expertise: B2B Digital Marketing, B2B Website Design, Website Development, Digital Marketing...
Offering a bevy of result-oriented services to a diverse portfolio of corporate clients, DEGOM Marketing is a digital marketing company that specializes in social media and search engine platforms with a constant focus on lead generation and sales.
They position their clients for success through social media management services, social media marketing services, Google ads, Microsoft ads, web design, and premium consulting.
Clients include MXR Imaging, NewQuest, Dollar Tree and Woodbridge Capitol.
- Location: 555 W 5th St 35th floor, Los Angeles, CA 90013, USA, Los Angeles, California 90013, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125
- Expertise: Branding, Creative
Slaps is a branding agency with headquarters in Barcelona and Los Angeles that has worked with numerous clients, including Nike, Desert Underground and Bonsai.
- Location: 100-2 Toronto Street Suite 338, Toronto, M5C 2B5, Canada
- Average Hourly Rate: $50
- Expertise: Real Estate Web Design, Social Media Marketing, Social Media for Nonprofit
Having gained a wealth of experience with over 10 years working on websites, with website security and website hosting, Jeff Social Marketing offers straightforward pricing, simplified website security solutions, 99.9% uptime and 24/7 customer service.
They do everything digital - they offer a wide range of services related to digital marketing including web hosting, web security, web & graphic design, E-commerce, social media, marketing consultation, Express Services, SEO, media relations & crisis management. Located in the Toronto/GTA Area.
The agency's digital media experience includes: success in boosting the profile of social media accounts and websites for businesses and in the non-profit world - with a history of growing numbers.
- Location: REYMONTA 15, 97-540 GIDLE, Radomsko, 47868, Poland
- Average Hourly Rate: $35/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, HTML5 Mobile App Development, Website Development, WordPress Development, WordPress Website Design, and UI/UX Design.
IMADO is a professional web design & development agency based in Radomsko, Poland.
Founded in 2016, IMADO has been providing exceptional services to its clients intending to bring the client's vision to life while creating a website that stands out among the competition.
IMADO offers WordPress Development, Web Design, Mobile App Development, UI/UX Design, and more. IMADO is proud to have clients such as Planetasoni, ExpatsGuide, and Remotely.tech.
With IMADO you can expect an attentive approach as you work directly with IMADO's developers throughout the entire website-building process. IMADO promises customers will be more than pleased with the final product they receive—a stunning and efficient website that will surely dazzle visitors!
- Location: 1330 Lakeview Drive, Edmond, Oklahoma, 73034, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $75/hr
- Expertise: Web Design, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Email Marketing.
CRoche Consulting was founded in 2018 to address a lack of cost-effective yet high-quality marketing solutions in Edmond, Oklahoma.
CRoche Consulting is therefore a highly professional, project-focused marketing firm that provides services such as web design, digital marketing, social media & email campaigns. Their dedicated team of problem solvers is ready to work on unique client projects and has already worked with companies such as Vortex Vaults, Study Hub Tutoring, and Hometeam405.
CRoche Consulting strikes just the right balance between creativity and logical strategy to create an effective online presence.
14. ForeFront Web
- Location: 7155 Post Road, Dublin, Ohio 43016, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Web Design, eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, WooCommerce Development, Website Development, Ruby on Rails, Magento Development, Digital Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization, SEO, Local SEO, Content Marketing, and eCommerce Marketing.
ForeFront Web offers a comprehensive suite of services, ranging from web design and development to content marketing, branding, and SEO.
Founded in 2001, ForeFront has been transforming websites for clients such as Honda of America, Orthopaedic One, and Columbus Recreation. ForeFront takes an innovative and proactive approach toward digital marketing.
Through their combination of expertise and witty disposition, ForeFront stands apart with delightful humor and highly successful campaigns that keep their clients' businesses on top.
- Location: Strada D5 nr.3, Navodari, 905700, Romania
- Average Hourly Rate: $25/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Web Design, Digital Marketing, Automotive Digital Marketing, SEO, and Content Marketing.
Growwwise is a digital marketing and web design agency based in Navodari, Romania, founded in 2018.
Comprised of four freelancers bound by their common enthusiasm for marketing, Growwwise is an ambitious young business that seeks to make a name for itself. The organization offers services such as Branding, Web Design, Digital Marketing, SEO, and Content Marketing—all with a dedication to ensuring clients are met with the highest quality of service.
Growwwise has had the pleasure of working with celebrated clients such as Revisage, The Story of Autism, and Servicii SEO Bucuresti offering them clear value-driven solutions to their needs. With Growwwise you can find peace of mind when it comes to creating your brand identity and an online presence for your business.
- Location: 520 E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, Arizona 85004, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Digital Design, Web Design, Responsive Website Design, Small Business Website Design, eCommerce Development, eCommerce Web Design, Small Business eCommerce Development, WooCommerce Development, Website Development, WordPress Development, and WordPress Website Design.
Hammersmith Support is a certified woman-owned web agency founded in 2010 with offices located in Phoenix and Nashville.
Hammersmith specializes in providing sleek, up-to-date websites and user experiences utilizing its expertise in digital design, web design, digital marketing, SEO, and content marketing. It is committed to customer service and stands by its core principles of transparency and giving back.
Hammersmith offers monthly maintenance and support packages to ensure that clients' sites remain consistently updated with the latest technology. Hammersmith's experienced team has worked with many clients including Signature Dental Partners, Thunderbirds Charities, and Root + River.
- Location: 320 Boston Post Rd Suite 180, Darien, Connecticut 06820, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: 360° Digital Services, Web Design, eCommerce Web Design, Shopify, eCommerce Consulting, Digital Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Influencer Marketing, and Email Marketing.
Digital Retail Partners is a revolutionary eCommerce and branding agency located in Darien, Connecticut that uses the best new digital design solutions to help brands grow and innovate.
As knowledgeable Shopify experts, Digital Retail Partners provides 360° Digital Services, Web Design, eCommerce Web Design, SEO Digital Marketing, and Social Media Solutions.
Boasting prestigious clients such as Swarovski, Doordash, and Karl Lagerfeld, Digital Retail Partners has made a name for themselves with their professional and creative approach. Digital Retail Partners is your go-to source for all of your digital retail needs.
- Location: 3340 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 1010, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: Design Agencies, Web Design, Government Web Design, Digital Marketing, Government Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization, SEO, PPC, and Social Media Marketing.
Double Up Digital is an Atlanta-based design & digital marketing agency that is proud to offer its services to both large and smaller businesses alike.
Double Up Digital has served such clients as Brown Jordan, SharedSpace, and Mag-nificent since its founding in 2017, becoming highly skilled at providing individualized solutions for any campaign, no matter how big or small the project size might be.
Double Up Digital specializes in a variety of areas including web design, government web design, digital marketing, government marketing, conversion rate optimization, SEO, and PPC - always striving to deliver strategic solutions that are tailored to each client's specific needs.
By creating successful long-term relationships with its clients, Double Up Digital ensures peace of mind when acquiring its services.
- Location: 2905 141 Street SW, Edmonton, T6W 3M4, Canada
- Average Hourly Rate: $80/hr
- Expertise: WordPress Website Design, eCommerce Development, Website Development, SEO, Web Design…
With over a decade of industry experience, Infinite Ideas Web Design is a full-service digital marketing and web development agency offering effective strategies that utilize a forward-thinking and data-driven approach.
They specialize in building WordPress websites that are both visually appealing and optimized for conversion, incorporating features such as fast load times, mobile responsiveness, SEO integration, and SSL certification. The team's user-focused frameworks and commitment to data-driven decision-making help guide businesses toward successful outcomes.
Their clients include Canadian Raw Food, Joca-West Construction, Homemade Canada and Bi Construction Company.
- Location: Sierra College Blvd, Roseville, Sacramento, California 95661, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $50/hr
- Expertise: Digital Strategy, Naming, Branding, Website Development, WordPress Website Design, WordPress Development...
DDS Web Solutions is a full-service marketing agency specializing in the dental industry. In addition to a website that converts more visitors into patients, we manage your social media, run targeted online advertisements, create beautiful print marketing pieces, and much more! We tailor our dental marketing services to each practice and evaluate performance based on patient experiences and marketing innovation!
WordPress Outsourcing Takeaways
Understanding the fundamentals of WordPress outsourcing is a great way to start. If you are considering outsourcing for the first time, talking to people who have worked with remote agencies can help.
Once you can hire a reliable provider and have a complete understanding of how the outsourcing procedure works, you are already halfway toward the success of your business.