Marketing for IT companies can feel daunting and challenging. Nevertheless, the approaches are the same as the traditional marketing strategies used by most other organizations.
When thinking about IT companies, most people think of an innovative, forward-thinking industry. Therefore, the marketing that promotes these businesses must incorporate the same modern ideas.
There are several essential techniques you can employ in marketing for IT services. Companies in the sector need unique and compelling marketing strategies because the business is continually evolving, whether for upkeep or device storing, retrieving, and sending information.
But why is efficient digital marketing crucial for IT businesses?
Robust marketing for IT companies is crucial to survive in the industry. It's what distinguishes a business that only goes through the motions and one with well-defined marketing strategies.
Even if a company has the most popular website, that does not guarantee traffic, leads, and sales. An effective marketing strategy can increase long-term revenue and foster consumer loyalty. Businesses require digital marketing to be seen online.
This article will give you a comprehensive guide to how you can effectively carry out your strategies, the challenges to overcome, the advantages of having a solid marketing strategy, and how to make the most of the platforms at your disposal.
Table of Contents
Challenges in Marketing for IT Companies
IT marketers must overcome more obstacles than just competition. Individuals working in the IT industry are facing the following difficulties:
- Boosting Relevant Web Traffic: 57% of businesses experience difficulty in increasing website traffic, according to a HubSpot State of Inbound report. Since IT marketers must search outside traditional channels, this number may be more significant in the IT industry.
- Generating Web Qualified Leads: IT marketers struggle to provide leads commensurate with their marketing budgets in addition to increasing website traffic. In fact, 63% of marketing professionals cite getting leads as their top difficulty. Additionally, 38% of IT salespeople claim that receiving a response from potential clients is growing harder and harder. This is a significant challenge because lead creation affects IT sales, revenue, and the business's bottom line.
- Demonstrating IT marketing ROI: According to 40%, one significant problem is demonstrating the ROI of their IT marketing investments. In other words, IT marketers find it challenging to analyze and interpret their marketing metrics. They appear unable to distinguish between their marketing expenditures and operations.
These statistics indicate the need for a strong IT company marketing strategy regardless of your perspective. Other than identifying your challenges and roadblocks, you also have to gain insights into the latest trends in your industry.
Benefits of Marketing for IT Companies
65% of firms find it challenging to define and create compelling content. However, if there’s a will – there’s a way!
Content is king! But why? Here are some benefits of digital marketing for IT companies that you should take full advantage of:
- Tell the story of your brand. Your IT brand has a narrative to share with the world, especially with your target audience. You'll be able to eloquently tell your story with original, well-curated content when you embrace marketing.
- Original content generates more leads! The most effective content marketing boosts revenue. Nearly 75% businesses claimed that content marketing increases the quantity and quality of leads they receive.
- Delivering better than paid search and outbound marketing. As an IT company, you might have allocated a sizable portion of your marketing budget for outbound efforts. But it proves unwise, considering that content generates three times the number of leads as sponsored search or outbound marketing.
- Generate more site traffic. Leaders in content marketing acquire 7.8 times more site traffic than non-leaders in the industry. It's always a great win, considering IT marketers' number one objective.
- Save tons from traditional marketing costs. Content marketing is the best option for an IT company on a tight budget. It effectively assists small business owners, established companies, and startup enterprises to save time and costs by about 62% rather than opting for traditional marketing.
Top Platforms for Effective IT Company Marketing
1. Content Marketing
In today's world, on-demand marketing, including content, is essential to reaching any target audience. Customers require high-quality material that helps them get answers.
Users need a dependable source of knowledge because there needs to be so much educational content in a field like IT. So, becoming an authority in your field of industry is a smart approach to set yourself apart from competitors.
You can impart your expertise to your users with useful IT company marketing material like blogs, webinars, podcasts, technical sheets, etc. Understanding your potential customers' interests is crucial because it can help you produce and plan new content for your website.
Since each type of user has distinguishing traits, it's critical to have a clear content marketing strategy for each clientele. To understand how important content marketing is, read here.
In 2022, 56% of businesses are implementing video production and marketing.
Creating original video content as part of your marketing for IT companies can help you advertise your goods or services. After all, it is your business.
Depending on your services, there are many different ways to create video material. The following are some methods for creating a video:
- Share a Story
- Employ Humor
- Provide Useful Content
- Keep It Informative
Share a Story
When marketing for IT companies, an excellent and powerful technique to connect with your customers is by telling a story. How did your company begin? How has your company helped the community?
People frequently feel more engaged and intrigued when someone tells them a story. When sharing a tale with others, your objective should be to demonstrate how your offerings are related to them.
Humor can speed up the conversion of a lead into a customer. Who, in all honesty, doesn't appreciate a little humor in their life?
A consumer will feel more at ease and connected to your company when you use humor to break the ice. When marketing for IT companies, employing humor tears through the facade of IT firms and reveals the actual fun side.
When used effectively, humor can increase a brand's visibility and shareability.
Provide Useful Content
Want to make your product or service more valuable? Make some informative videos that address frequent issues that your customers can encounter.
Perhaps even demonstrate how they can use the product or service in actuality. Potential customers appreciate having access to helpful information.
Keep It Informative
Building trust with your customers by producing concise, clear, educational movies about a product or service demonstrates your industry knowledge.
These kinds of videos don't have to be stiff or monotone. In reality, as long as your viewers learn something valuable from your video, it accomplishes its job. You can use basic language and a casual tone to make it more engaging.
3. Social Media
Social media may be a powerful tool to use in marketing for IT companies. It helps reach as many customers as possible while still being cost-effective. Businesses can use their creativity while stepping away from direct selling or promotion.
IT companies can use social media to communicate with their audience in a less formal context. Social media can make customer service easier by being immediately available to communicate with customers who need quick answers or general assistance.
4. Live Events
Live engagements like tradeshows, job fairs, and webinars are excellent opportunities to introduce your brand to customers and other businesses. They allow businesses like yours to showcase their goods and services or even speak on a topic relevant to their sector.
This makes it easier to cut through market noise and reach customers and companies interested in your organization's work. These occasions offer excellent business visibility and the chance to showcase your brand and what it offers.
5. Website that Generates Sales
A dynamic and intelligent website may be very appealing to users, but it may also result in missed chances for conversions in some circumstances.
Some websites place more value on aesthetics than on practicality. However, if your website makes it difficult for users to get the information they need, they will surely go elsewhere.
The conversion process will also be more complicated if your most informative pages are overly complex or challenging to find or navigate. Thus, visitors may grow frustrated or confused and leave.
When users engage with your website, it should flow naturally and steer them in the direction you want them to go, whether it be product pages or informational content. These pages will encourage user interaction and ultimately increase revenue.
It is crucial to ensure that the user experience is convenient for them overall while planning the design of your website. Designing your website to convert random visitors into leads and guide users to the pages they are most interested in—landing pages, informational pages, pages for your products or services, etc.—will make your website more user-friendly.
Understanding the critical conversion points for your website is crucial. Even if a customer does not convert on their initial visit, your website should be set up so that they know precisely where to seek the information they need on subsequent visits.
This is an effective IT company marketing technique to help you in turning a lead into a sale will be these discussion starters.
Top Tips for IT Company Marketing
Developing a thorough and actionable IT marketing plan and strategy takes time. To get the plan right, IT marketers and managers must follow these five essential steps.
- Select the Ideal Marketing Partner
- Identify Your Marketing Goals and Client Requirements
- Determine Your Content Roadmap and Calendar
- Put Your Marketing Plan into Practice
- Evaluate and Improve the Outcomes
#1: Select the Ideal Marketing Partner
There are good reasons why businesses hire digital marketing agencies.
The ins and outs of IT company marketing’s best practices are known by reputable marketing firms. However, not every marketing firm is made equal. In light of this, the first step in putting together a great IT marketing strategy is to do your research to choose the best firm.
#2: Identify Your Marketing Goals and Client Requirements
Do you wish to increase your internet visibility? Do you want to achieve greater lead generation in digital marketing? Maintain current clients? Describe a new IT service or product? Greater brand loyalty?
When you are marketing for IT companies, whatever goals you have, make sure they are clearly stated and in line with what your target audience wants and expects.
Use feedback, social media interaction, and surveys to better understand your customers' demands. More importantly, consider these five questions about your client:
- Who is my typical client?
- What do they wish to purchase?
- When and why do they buy?
- Where does my client spend most of their time online?
- What influences my customer's decision to buy?
#3: Determine Your Content Roadmap and Calendar
- Create a powerful marketing plan.
- Establish milestones.
- Make a strategic road map to help you accomplish your marketing goals and milestones.
#4: Put Your Marketing Plan into Practice
It's time to put your plan for marketing for your IT company into action after you're certain that your efforts work with it.
- Establish a schedule for the campaigns' execution and an action plan.
- Create the KPIs needed to gauge the effectiveness of your marketing activities.
- Place your adverts after writing your advertising and content material.
- Execute the tasks that your campaign requires.
- Make sure your advertisement conveys a clear and consistent message.
#5: Evaluate and Improve the Outcomes
You must be sure to gauge your success both during and after your contextual marketing effort. Change to a channel with a better ROI if one isn't producing the desired results.
You can utilize the insights to improve your IT company marketing plan and strategies and adjust your campaigns when the results are in. It's a clever approach to maximize your marketing investment.
The Best IT Marketing Companies
- Location: 473 Mundet Place, Suite: US489102, Hillside, New Jersey 07205, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $100/hr
- Expertise: Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing For Startups, Content Marketing, Financial Services Digital Marketing, Influencer Marketing...
Proleo.io has an international team of professionals working remotely all over the world to cater to their clients. They are helping Cryptocurrency, Fintech, NFTs, and Blockchain projects make powerful audience connections.
Proleo.io has helped companies strategize and implement their creative visions. Their growing crypto public relations and marketing agency is driven by passionate thinkers who work closely with each brand to create crypto marketing strategies that produce unparalleled results.
Clients include Evai.io, FantOHM, ClassicDoge and Privapp Network.
- Location: 305 - 4625 Varsity Drive NW - Suite 379, Calgary, T3A 0Z9, Canada
- Average Hourly Rate: $120
- Expertise: Search Engine Marketing, Digital Advertising, Small Business Digital Marketing and Google AdWords
Simple Search Ads offers ad management services for the top 2 major search engines. Their team is proud to work 100% remotely in order to keep overhead down and offer quality services at exceptional rates. Their ad specialists are certified and experienced and have been in business since 1998.
Clients include Wright Law Office, CSL and Calgary Denture.
3. Sammy Belose
- Location: 101, Chintamani Apartment, Mumbai, 410201, India
- Average Hourly Rate: $10
- Expertise: Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing and Email Marketing
Sammy Belose has spent years tinkering with new SEO strategies in the lab and loving nothing more than seeing his client's businesses grow.
With over 5 years of experience in the SEO space, he helped businesses from startups to Fortune 500s achieve their marketing goals and quickly became one of the most respected SEO Expert in the industry.
Clients include Nurserylive, Braincandy, Vdp Travels and Stitchphile.
- Location: 18/12 Tryon Road Lindfield NSW 2070, Lindfield, 2070, Australia
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Digital Marketing, Digital Design, PPC, SEO Consultants
Sales, SEO and Social Media Pty Ltd helps businesses that feel like they are invisible online and want to go up scale. The agency understands that if your business has maximum visibility in your market, you will be making far more money, because people are coming to you and they know where to find you because of your reputation and the amount of presence online.
Clients include Ericom, Prophit Systems and Tensile Design & Construct
- Location: Rua dos Buritis, 128 - cj. B 201-2 - Jabaquara, São Paulo, 05263-030, Brazil
- Average Hourly Rate: $73
- Expertise: Instagram Marketing, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Small Business Digital Marketing...
W.Design360 Marketing Digital helps companies that sell beauty products to reach more customers and increase sales every month online.
They provide a professional and dedicated team taking care of the marketing efforts of any business.
Clients include Barba Rubra, Produtos Muchacho, Luafer Ferramentas, Alegra Brasil and CBL Brasil Eventos.
- Location: 221 Henderson Road, #07-17 Henderson Building, Singapore 159557
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: Web Design, Branding Design, Development, Web Hosting, Photography, Premium Support.
Based out of Singapore, Equinox comprises a team of creative professionals who are experts in all things design.
Their design style focuses on creativity, simplicity and uniqueness, providing businesses big and small with world-class design services to establish a robust online presence. Equinox's specialties include branding, marketing, web design, hosting and photography, among others.
Equinox is a well-rounded marketing agency that provides clients with various services that will allow their brands to stand out among the rest.
7. WebAct INC.
- Location: 11479 South Pine Drive Parker, Denver, Colorado 80134, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125/hr
- Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Marketing, Local SEO, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing.
First opening its doors in 2012, WebAct Inc. specializes in providing its clients with cost-effective design, website and digital marketing services that launch growing businesses to the forefront of their respective industries.
Keeping a keen eye on growing trends and the latest technologies, WebAct Inc. thrives on its ability to create sleek, one-of-a-kind websites and designs that hold true to your brand voice. At the same time, its savvy marketing team ensures that your business is visible where it matters and reaches its target audience.
Some of WebAct’s most notable clients include Little Ceasars, Tipping Hat and Kinetico.
- Location: Akinronmola Street, Lagos, 100233, Nigeria
- Average Hourly Rate: $20
- Expertise: Web Design, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Email Marketing...
Web Marketing Solutions is an organization driven by the enthusiasm and desire for providing businesses with top-notch solutions.
Their services are a unique combination of user-friendly design and strong internet marketing plans. They take care of every aspect of website design from programming, copywriting and graphic design to the complete development of your website with Search engine optimization.
Clients include Pillar consulting, davenportng, Rosie Hob etc.
- Location: 6 Bushfield Crescent, Brampton, L6Y6C1, Canada
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: SEO, Small Business SEO, Local SEO, Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Instagram Marketing
R9 is a digital marketing agency that specializes in content and design but shines especially in delivering results-driven custom data solutions.
The agency is focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses break through the clutter and connect with customers through SEO, performance marketing, and creative designs. The latter is particularly crucial if you want your content strategy to take off.
R9 has worked with clients across different industries, including IT and fintech.
10. MKC Agency
- Location: 8701 Maitland Summit Blvd, Orlando, Florida 32810, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125
- Expertise: Digital Marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Branding...
Megan Killion's team of professionals live sales & marketing day in and day out. The agency strategically aligns itself to clients' unique needs and goals, after which the team ensures every detail of clients' tactics deploys perfectly.
As their client, you can focus on running your business while MKC drives your brand recognition, traffic, demand, leads, and even sales. Their content converts and their strategies drive revenue. As a revenue-focused marketing agency, your bottom line is the agency's bottom line.
Clients include Florida Genetics Company, Managed Services Group, Ericsson and Highwinds.
11. Xheight Studios
- Location: 37 Main St, Belchertown, Massachusetts 01007, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $50
- Expertise: Website Development, WordPress Development, Local SEO, Digital Strategy...
We are professional online digital marketing experts and we specialize in ranking websites on the first page of Google.
To date, We have ranked thousands of keywords in the top spot of Google, including “Western MA SEO”. This includes rankings from local SEO as well as National SEO campaigns, these terms equate to over seven figures worth of traffic.
Takeaways on Marketing for IT Companies
Knowing where to begin with marketing can be difficult for many IT organizations. However, with the proper use of the tactics described in this article, you have a strong starting point that can assist you in creating a successful IT company marketing strategy.
- Describe and identify your challenges.
- Keep up on the most recent marketing developments in your sector.
- Use the platforms that are most effective for your business.
- Implement the tips mentioned in this article.
Additionally, it would be ideal to collaborate with organizations that develop an exceptional marketing for IT companies based on your unique objectives. As a result, you may prepare for changes and adjust as necessary.
Forcing a cookie-cutter approach to your business' marketing needs is not the most effective strategy to scale your business. Instead, the secret to obtaining continuous success is working with a team that will remain dedicated to becoming a long-term partner with you.
For a more tailored approach, consider collaborating with a fintech solutions software development company that can help boost your marketing ROI.