Table of Contents
- How Web Developers In Atlanta Differ From Their Peers Across The U.S.
- What Services Can You Outsource To A Web Development Company In Atlanta?
- How Much Does Web Development In Atlanta Cost?
- Why Should You Hire A Web Developer In Atlanta?
- How To Choose The Best Web Development Company In Atlanta
- 15 Questions To Ask Website Development Companies In Atlanta Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Web Developers In Atlanta
How Web Developers In Atlanta Differ From Their Peers Across The U.S.
Web developers in Atlanta stand out from their U.S. competitors for the following facts:
Fact #1: Atlanta Employs Some Of The Finest Web Developers In The Nation
Niche ranks Georgia’s capital among the 20 best cities for young professionals.
Thanks to the cost of living which is 1% lower than the national average, people living in Atlanta enjoy more affordable rates across various expense categories.
With a median rent of $1,026/month, the housing cost is 6% lower than the U.S. average. Professionals living in other major tech hubs in the country will have:
- 107% higher housing expenses in Boston
- 231% higher housing expenses in San Francisco
- 369% higher housing expenses in New York City
This suggests that experts living in the area can save more money each month which makes Atlanta a welcoming place for recent graduates and experienced workers, including web developers.
Additionally, Atlanta holds the 13th spot on Forbes’ rankings of the best places for business and careers.
To list these places, the global media company tracked the business climate of the largest metro areas in the country, focusing on various metrics related to:
- Jobs and income
- Business and living costs
- Economic growth
These facts combined with Atlanta’s leading employers like Siemens, IBM and Deloitte, mean great conditions for career development.
As a result, the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell metro area was the 10th largest area by the number of employment of web developers and digital interface designers in 2020.
Fact #2: Atlanta Is A Thriving Tech Hub
“Newly nicknamed “The Silicon Valley of the South,” Atlanta has been quietly building a tech startup community that is poised to take the tech world by storm.” (CompTIA)
Atlanta is a tech hub on the rise. It holds the eighth place on CompTIA’s Tech Town Index that analyzes metropolitan areas based on:
- The demand for tech workers
- Number of IT job postings
- Projected future job growth
The city boasts a collaborative community and is one of the most desirable up-and-coming tech epicenters.
In 2020, Georgia’s capital:
- Launched more than 300 tech startups
- Added more than 6,500 jobs in the sector
- Raised more than $826 million in capital
Atlanta is also home to many tech giants like Accenture, Verizon and Amazon. This is why WalletHub ranks it as the third best place for STEM professionals.
Having operated in the city, we can assume that web developers in Atlanta serve high-caliber clients and work in a dynamic environment. As such, they are bound to:
- Stay on top of development best practices
- Know the market trends
- Use cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Offer high-end services
Fact #3: Atlanta Is Home To A Number Of Growing Industries
Atlanta is one of Georgia’s biggest economic hubs and a recognized leader in:
- Higher education
- Supply chain management
- Technology and internet mobility
Typically, local web developers serve clients in these predominant sectors. This indicates that they have gained a profound understanding in:
- The major challenges businesses in these fields have
- The biggest pain points and needs of their target audiences
- Their competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
Therefore, if you operate in one of these industries, partnering with a web development company in Atlanta can make all the difference as local agencies are better fitted to meet your requirements.
What Services Can You Outsource To A Web Development Company In Atlanta?
Website development companies in Atlanta provide standard web development services.
Like other related agencies across the U.S, they specialize in front-end and back-end development. Their job is to deliver high-performance websites based on their clients’ requirements.
Some of their core offerings include:
- Conducting market research
- Performing competitive analysis
- Developing code based on best practices
- Building software documentation
- Creating architecture
- Developing user interface and layout
- Performing QA testing
- Maintaining and updating websites
- Fixing bugs
- And more
Additionally, these specialized agencies also specialize in various programming languages and platforms like:
How Much Does Web Development In Atlanta Cost?
In general, when outsourcing web development in Atlanta, local agencies will offer two common pricing structures:
- The fee per hour
- The fee per project
The fee per hour ranges between $50 and $150, on average. Some factors that influence it are:
- Company size and reputation
- Number of experts involved in the project
- Project complexity
- Project deadline
The fee per project, on the other hand, depends on two major factors:
- The type of website
- Its size and complexity
In fact, they take into consideration the various stages of the development process, including:
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
- CMS development
- After-launch support and maintenance
In this case, you can expect prices to range between $10,000 and $100,000+.
Why Should You Hire A Web Developer In Atlanta?
These are the primary reasons why you should hire a web developer in Atlanta:
- Work with top-tier talent: Atlanta has welcomed some of the finest web developers in the country. The city’s affordability, job opportunities and globally renowned employers indicate that Atlanta can offer top-level talent that can execute your project efficiently and successfully.
- Enjoy globally competitive services: Web developers in Atlanta operate in a thriving tech hub where many notable tech brands reside. The local companies may have served some of these high-caliber clients. Therefore, to meet their needs and expectations, they are sure to provide globally competitive services.
- Take advantage of their local market know-how: Most website development companies in Atlanta are experienced in the area’s leading industries and have unique insights into the local ecosystem. So, if you operate in some of these sectors, they can understand your requirements the best and are particularly well-positioned to develop your website.
How To Choose The Best Web Development Company In Atlanta
Before you start your search for the best web development company in Atlanta, you should determine two key points:
- Your project requirements and the type of website you need
- Your budget or how much you can allocate for the project
These will give your search a direction, making sure you know exactly what your business needs.
Then, take the following steps to find a suitable partner that can meet your requirements and execute your project:
Step #1: Search For Relevant Experience
The best web developers in Atlanta will proudly showcase their past work in the form of portfolios.
This collection of previous work serves as evidence of each developer’s existence, illustrating their skills and abilities.
Most importantly, portfolios will give you an insight into the type of websites they have built, helping you discover if they have solved similar problems before.
Those developers that have relevant experience in developing similar websites will be better suited to execute your project because they already:
- Understand your business challenges and needs.
- Have handled similar requirements.
- Are familiar with all key terminologies in your sector.
- Have knowledge of your target audience and competition.
Step #2: Consider Client Feedback
Client feedback plays a major role in selecting the best web developer in Atlanta as it can help you reach an informed decision.
It will help you measure customer satisfaction and reveal key info on each developers’:
- Reliability and credibility
- Transparency and flexibility
- Client retention rate
- Quality of customer service
- Work processes
- Project management
Ultimately, all these insights will serve as a valuable indicator of the type of collaboration and relationship you can expect.
Step #3: Look For A Good Cultural Fit
Screen each prospective web development company in Atlanta to see what type of cultural impact they would have on your organization.
This is important in finding a business partner with whom you can get along easily.
The screening should be based on various aspects like a similar alignment of values, beliefs and behaviors.
From the way they communicate with their own team to their working style and company goals, this process will ensure a healthy relationship and better performance.
Step #4: Find Out If They Provide Post-Launch Support
Post-launch support is vital in achieving optimal website performance at all times. It can come in various forms like:
- Checking the website’s speed
- Fixing bugs and issues
- Updating the software
- Fixing broken links
- Backing up files
- Improving SEO
- Developing new features and functionalities
- Checking website analytics
- And more
All these factors will contribute to higher relevance and better usability and functionality which is important in maintaining a positive brand image as well as ensuring an intuitive user experience.
Therefore, be sure to hire web developers in Atlanta that can invest in a long-term partnership.
Step #5: Evaluate Their Communication Skills
Proper communication is a key ingredient of every project's success. It promotes better productivity and improves collaboration.
It builds trust, prevents and resolves problems as well as provides clarity and direction.
So, it is important to partner with a web developer in Atlanta who is able to listen attentively, show respect towards your requirements and ideas and provide feedback to all your questions and concerns.
15 Questions To Ask Website Development Companies In Atlanta Before Hiring One
Once you narrow down the list of prospective web developers in Atlanta, set interviews and ask these questions to get to the right candidate:
- Have you ever handled projects with similar goals to ours?
- What is your web development process? What best practices do you follow when creating websites?
- Do your offerings include SEO? What other additional services can we consider?
- Will the website be fully customized?
- How will you ensure an intuitive user experience across all platforms?
- What is your team structure? Which of these experts will execute my project?
- Do they have the relevant experience? If not, how will they gain domain knowledge?
- How much time do you think the website will take from start to finish? Will you set a specific deadline?
- Do you outsource any parts of your work or is everything handled in-house?
- How do you secure the websites you build?
- Will you perform quality assurance (QA) testing?
- Do you offer post-launch support services? What do they cover?
- How will communication look like? Will there be a dedicated point of contact?
- How do you measure the project’s success?
- What are your pricing structures and what is the estimated project cost?
Takeaways On Web Developers In Atlanta
Web developers in Atlanta may be the best positioned to execute your upcoming project because they:
- Are some of the finest experts in the nation
- Offer globally competitive services
- Have local market know-how
They typically charge between $50 and $150 per hour.
To choose the best web developer in Atlanta, consider the following steps:
- Search for relevant expertise
- Consider client feedback
- Look for a good cultural fit
- Find out if they offer post-launch support
- Evaluate their communication skills
Best of luck!