Table of Contents
- What Sets Boston Web Developers Apart From Other US-Based Competitors?
- What Services Can You Outsource To A Boston Web Development Agency?
- What Are The Different Types Of Boston Web Developers?
- How Much Does Web Development in Boston Cost?
- Why Hire A Website Development Company In Boston?
- How To Choose The Best Website Development Agency In Boston
- 10 Questions To Ask Boston Website Design And Development Companies
- Takeaways On Boston Web Developers
What Sets Boston Web Developers Apart From Other US-Based Competitors?
Several factors make Boston an attractive place for the finest web developers in the country.
Firstly, Boston is an internationally renowned hub for higher learning. It hosts more than 100 educational institutions. Some of the world’s top universities including Harvard, MIT and Tufts reside in the Greater Boston Area.
These prestigious academic establishments attract high-end talent from all over the nation, as well as the world.
Secondly, its job growth is projected to reach 42.5% over the next 10 years, which is higher than the national average of 33.5%.
Thridly, the city has a cost of living that is lower than other popular IT centers. For instance, according to Salary, Boston’s cost of living is:
- -18.9% lower than in San Francisco
- -16.3% lower than in NYC
In addition, these pleasant conditions not only entice top-notch talent, but also many corporate headquarters like Amazon, FedEx, IBM and AT&T.
Being exposed to brands like these, Boston web developers are bound to use premium tools and stay on top of emerging trends to offer internationally competitive services.
Unlike other similar agencies in the US, companies that offer website development in Boston have also acquired deep experience in the locally dominant industries like:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Finance & insurance
This is why Boston web development companies are uniquely positioned to build successful websites particularly for clients in these sectors.
What Services Can You Outsource To A Boston Web Development Agency?
A Boston web development agency offers standard website development services, similar to their counterparts in other parts of the US.
Their job is to deliver fully functional websites and ensure an engaging user experience. They can build any type of website – from corporate and non-profit, to publications and eCommerce stores – as well as mobile applications.
Here are the typical responsibilities and duties of a Boston web development company:
- Conducts market research
- Performs competitive analysis
- Develops user interface and layout
- Develops codes based on standard practices
- Software development and documentation
- Creates architecture and wireframes
- Performs QA testing
- Maintains and updates websites
- Fixes bugs
- And more
What Are The Different Types Of Boston Web Developers?
Website development companies in Boston can be grouped into a few categories, based on:
- The services they provide
Some Boston website design and development companies focus on standard web development services.
However, others have expanded their area of expertise and can offer additional services such as search engine optimization (SEO), graphic design, web hosting, content marketing and more.
- The platforms they use
Boston web developers are skilled in various programming languages.
They can develop websites, eCommerce shops and mobile applications using a wide variety of platforms like WordPress, Shopify, WooCommerce, Drupal, Magento, Squarespace and more.
- The type of businesses they work with
Some companies take on projects for small businesses while others focus their efforts on delivering platforms for large enterprises and corporations.
- The industries they serve
Some Boston web developers have devoted their expertise to a few particular industries such as healthcare, education, retail, finance, insurance and more.
As such, they are well equipped to create digital platforms for clients operating in these industries.
How Much Does Web Development in Boston Cost?
A website development company in Boston may offer several pricing structures and the most common are:
- Hourly rates
- Project-based costs
- Results-based fee
The cost per hour varies drastically and you can come across rates that start for as low as $18 and go as high as $250. A few factors that may influence the fees are the company’s team size and experience, project complexity and timeline.
Meanwhile, the cost per project can range between $3,000 and $150,000 depending on the following:
- Website type
- Page count
- Project scope
- Project difficulty
- And more
A results-based fee, on the other hand, primarily depends on the agreed results. The payment will depend on the outcomes the company has promised and what they were able to deliver.
Why Hire A Website Development Company In Boston?
KPMG ranks Boston as the twelfth on the list of cities that are very likely to become the world’s next tech hubs over the next four years, after Silicon Valley.
And for a good reason.
In 2021, Boston is the sixth metropolitan area in the United States by net tech employment and job gain rates.
According to CompTIA’s Cyberstates latest report, the city employed the following tech professionals in 2020:
- 61,654 software and web developers, programmers and quality assurance specialists
- 18,895 cybersecurity analysts and systems engineers
- 18,646 IT support specialists
- And more
Moreover, Boston stands among the US metro areas with the highest employment level in the web development and design field.
As a result, the city is becoming a top web development destination and an excellent option for outsourcing your upcoming project.
If you’re yet to be convinced, here are three key reasons why you should hire Boston web developers:
Reason #1: Boston Web Development Companies Offer World-Leading Expertise
Boston is home to globally famous universities like Harvard or MIT. These institutions produce not only world-leading experts but thought leaders alike.
Thanks to the superior educational opportunities, stable job growth and lower cost of living, many top-notch web developers from across the world move to live and work in the city.
So, here you will find some of the finest experts who can offer internationally competitive services and outstanding work.
Reason #2: Boston Web Developers Have Experience In Promoting The Locally Dominant Industries
Serving local clients, Boston web developers have accumulated deep experience in the locally dominant industries.
They understand the local market’s opportunities or challenges and have valuable insights into the local audience. This is why they are uniquely positioned to help businesses in this area reach and engage their potential clients.
Reason #3: Boston Web Development Agencies Provide Budget-Friendly Services
The lower cost of living allows the local agencies to offer nationally competitive prices.
Thus, by partnering with a top Boston website design and development agency you can get high-quality services at cost-effective rates.
How To Choose The Best Website Development Agency In Boston
A great place to start your search for the best Boston web developer is our directory of agencies carefully selected by our industry experts.
Visit their profiles to get insights into their:
- Core services – To see whether they provide the exact type of services you require for your business.
- Average rates - To understand which of them fall within your budget.
- Past projects - To discover whether they have experience in your industry and can deliver successful results.
- Previous clients - To see what type of clients they have served and whether they have solved similar market challenges.
- Awards roster - To find out if their materials have been recognized by other professionals.
- Client reviews - To read what past clients say about them and learn how credible and reliable they are.
Make sure to visit these companies’ websites to extend your research.
In addition, you can test some of their products to learn if they are working properly: do the websites or applications load fast on both desktop and mobile? Are they user-friendly, visually appealing and optimized for conversions?
These are the key elements that which you should pay attention to see if the prospective candidates can deliver high-performance platforms that attract and engage visitors.
10 Questions To Ask Boston Website Design And Development Companies
Before sealing the deal with a Boston web developer, be sure to gather as much information as you can about their company culture, processes, management style and quality of work.
Ask them the following questions:
- Do you offer end-to-end website development? What does it include?
- Have you ever worked on similar projects? What were the results?
- What is your approach to web development? Can you explain the process briefly?
- Will my website be fully customized or will you use a template?
- Which among the two is a better option in your opinion?
- What is needed from my end and how will I be involved in the project?
- How are we going to communicate and how often will you report on progress?
- Will I own the code after launch?
- What are your billing options?
- Do you offer post-launch maintenance and support? Are these included in the price?
Takeaways On Boston Web Developers
Boston is a top outsourcing destination for web development projects because these companies:
- Employ world-leading expertise
- Offer budget-friendly services
- Have unique insights into the local market
The cost of their projects ranges between $18 and $250 per hour.
To choose the best Boston web developer for your organization, check the rankings above, visit their profiles and inspect agencies in terms of:
These factors will give you a better perspective of what the partnerships with these prospective companies may look like.
Best of luck!