Table of Contents
- What Makes Boston eCommerce Development Agencies In Unique?
- What Do Boston eCommerce Development Companies Specialize In?
- What Are The Different Types Of Boston eCommerce Development Agencies?
- How Much Do eCommerce Developers In Boston Charge?
- Why Hire A Boston eCommerce Development Company?
- How To Hire A Boston eCommerce Development Agency
- 10 Questions To Ask Boston eCommerce Development Companies Before You Hire The Right One
- Last Tips To Consider Before Hiring A Boston eCommerce Development Agency
What Makes Boston eCommerce Development Agencies In Unique?
Just like any other online commerce development company, Boston eCommerce development agencies build customized online stores.
However, here are a few qualities that differentiate eCommerce companies in Boston from the other US-based firms.
Firstly, Boston agencies may charge less than their peers in other US metropolitan areas. The cost of living in Boston is 16.3% lower than in New York which directly reflects on the cost of their services.
Secondly, with a low unemployment rate and job growth of 4.3% that is higher than the total US growth (1.6%), Boston has the most stable economy in the nation.
Thirdly, with 13.2% of their workforce represented by tech professionals, the IT industry in Boston is booming. In fact, the city is one of the top employers of tech professionals in the US.
This growing market hosts one of the country’s best talent pools of eCommerce developers, strategists and consultants.
What Do Boston eCommerce Development Companies Specialize In?
The primary responsibilities of eCommerce agencies in Boston include:
- Custom eCommerce design and development
- Shopping cart configuration
- API integration
- Payment gateway integration
- Post-launch maintenance
- And more
These professionals offer a full range of eCommerce development services.
Due to their exposure and experience working with clients in locally dominant industries, they tend to specialize in developing online stores for particular niches.
Finally, eCommerce agencies in Boston have a deep understanding of the local market, competition and business ecosystem.
What Are The Different Types Of Boston eCommerce Development Agencies?
We can group Boston eCommerce development agencies into several categories according to:
- The services they offer: Some of these companies offer online commerce consulting while others provide businesses with full-service eCommerce development.
- Their industry expertise: Some eCommerce agencies in Boston have a varied industry experience while others particularly focus on serving specific industries.
- The businesses they work with: All these experts focus on a different type of clientele. So, some of them specifically work with small businesses while others choose to serve large corporations.
How Much Do eCommerce Developers In Boston Charge?
The best Boston eCommerce development companies usually charge per hour and the cost ranges starting from as low as $20 and goes up to $195.
However, they also offer pricing plans per project.
The cost of your project will depend on the following factors:
- The complexity of your store: Businesses of different sizes and shapes will have different needs. And, the highly demanding requirements they have, the more complex the project will be.
- The number of experts engaged: The development process will involve several experts such as developers, designers, content writers, SEO specialists and marketers. So, the more people are engaged, the higher the cost will be.
- The platform used: The eCommerce platform you choose for your store will also affect the cost of your project since each of them offers its own pricing structures.
Together with your partner, you will decide on platforms, features and project scope to estimate the total cost of your project.
Before you start your search for the right eCommerce agency in Boston, make sure you define your goals and think about your requirements to make the process smoother.
Why Hire A Boston eCommerce Development Company?
Here are the top three reasons why you should hire a Boston eCommerce development agency:
Reason #1: Access To Highly Skilled Talent Pool
Boston is home to some of the country’s most prestigious academic institutions including the outstanding Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Harvard University and Babson College.
Being one of the world’s best-known academic hubs, Boston has a very strong score in the university rankings indicator and as such it attracts some of the country’s best talents across a variety of fields – from developers to copywriters.
Its high international reputation and various skilled talent pool entice brands around the globe to search for their eCommerce partner exactly here.
Reason #2: Internationally Competitive Services For Less
When compared to other metropolitan centers, Boston has a comparably lower standard of living which is why the eCommerce agencies there would charge significantly less.
Therefore, by hiring an eCommerce agency in Boston, you not only gain access to some of the nation’s best talent, but you get to pay lower rates than in other high-end hubs such as New York and San Francisco.
Reason #3: Business Environment
According to TechCrunch, after NYC, Boston is the second-largest funding hub for startups in the US. One of the main reasons for this is the strong reputation it has received for being the home city of MIT.
So, most of the businesses that receive funds belong to the tech industry, particularly those engaged in enterprise software and eCommerce.
Therefore, this is where eCommerce companies go to grow and this is what shapes the local talent into some of the world’s finest experts.
How To Hire A Boston eCommerce Development Agency
Before you start researching the top eCommerce companies in Boston, define your objectives and requirements.
Then, focus on the companies’:
- Reviews: With a list full of company choices, reviews can help you make a smart pick. Based on the opinions and experiences of previous clients you can learn about the companies’ credibility and skillset. These comments can be one of the most relevant guides since they are provided by people who already have been engaged with these companies.
- Portfolio: The previous work of these agencies is another factor to consider. Although not compulsory, yet, picking a partner that has experience in your industry can yield better results because they understand your market well.
- Project management: Find out how these specialists achieve their goals, how they meet deadlines and what resources they use. Then make sure you hire a company that can ensure a solid path to project success.
- Strategic planning: The agency that can come up with a tailored plan of action, set its strategic goals and determine the steps required to achieve these goals will undoubtedly be able to execute your project successfully.
- Cost: The cost of Boston eCommerce services varies greatly based on the agencies’ seniority, scope, prestige – among other factors. So, setting a budget can help you shorten the list of possible options down and help you find the right fit.
10 Questions To Ask Boston eCommerce Development Companies Before You Hire The Right One
Ask each prospective Boston eCommerce agency the following questions:
- What eCommerce platforms do you have experience with? Which one would fit our requirements the best?
- Based on our goals, what features do you think our online store should have?
- According to you, what’s the best payment gateway system for our store to integrate?
- Can you explain the steps of the development process? How will your approach help us fulfill our goals?
- Have you ever worked with clients in our niche? How well do you understand our target market and competition?
- What methodologies do you use and what is your project management structure?
- Will you optimize our pages and products for SEO?
- Once you launch our store, will you be available for support and maintenance?
- How many people will work on our project and how often will you report on the process?
- How do you formulate pricing plans and how much will the project cost?
Last Tips To Consider Before Hiring A Boston eCommerce Development Agency
Boston eCommerce development companies are a good choice for your online store development due to their expertise, a deep understanding of the locally dominant industries and the lower cost of services.
Thanks to the high-end services they offer, they will provide you with a cutting-edge product that will help you stand out from your competition, reach the right audience and close more deals.
To find the right partner, make sure you consider their reviews, portfolio, industry experience, project management and cost of services.
Here are a few more factors that you should bear in mind before you make your choice:
- Agreement policy: Make sure you sign a contract before your project starts. It should include clauses on your store’s quality, security as well as private data confidentiality.
- Post-launch support: Only consider the eCommerce agencies in Boston that offer after-launch services. Your online store will need to be regularly updated and maintained. And the developers who will build it will be the best support.
- Additional fee: Ask whether you should pay an extra amount of money for the after-launch support or the development cost includes maintenance as well. This will help you avoid facing any additional charges.
Best of luck!