The global population of software engineers will reach 27.7 million by the end of 2023, increasing by over a million each year.
However, the job market for software developers is expected to grow by 21% by 2028, continuing to outpace the growth of the talent pool and perpetuating the gap between the demand and the supply of IT professionals.
To get ahead in this highly competitive market, some companies are building strategic relationships with educational institutions to gain faster access to highly qualified talent.
In this article, we list the best schools for software engineering to recruit from, focusing on the Non-Ivy League institutions, and we explore the benefits of hiring engineers with academic degrees.
Table of Contents
- 10+ US Software Developer Schools That Produce The Best Talent In The Country
- 1. University Of California, Irvine, Is A Leading Non-Ivy League School For Software Engineering
- 2. Stevens Institute Of Technology Has One Of The Strongest Software Development Courses
- 3. California Polytechnic State University Produces Well-Rounded Software Developers
- 4. Iowa State University Combines Software Development Courses With Management
- 5. Michigan Technological University’s Software Development Degree Is A Mark Of A Well-Rounded IT Expert
- 6. Milwaukee School of Engineering Produces Highly Sought-After Software Professionals
- 7. The University of Texas at Dallas Has Some Of The Most Advanced Software Engineering Courses & Facilities
- 8. Drexel University Is One Of The Leading Online Software Engineering Schools
- 9. Auburn University Is One Of Top Software Engineering Schools With Offline And Online Courses
- 10. Miami University’s Software Engineering Course Is Highly Focused On Practical Applications
- 11. Grantham University's 100% Online Coursework Prepares Students For Successful Careers
- 12. University Of Louisiana Lafayette‘s Program Encompasses Both Hardware & Software Engineering
- 13. Robert Morris University Produces Highly Specialized IT Experts
- Does Software Developer Degree Still Matter In 2020?
10+ US Software Developer Schools That Produce The Best Talent In The Country
The list of universities with the most creative and trailblazing software engineering curriculums is right below. These schools produce the best IT talent software companies can recruit.
1. University Of California, Irvine, Is A Leading Non-Ivy League School For Software Engineering
The software engineering program at UC Irvine is a research-oriented program during which students build a strong background in software engineering. Their graduates develop a deep understanding of the processes, tools and techniques involved in the creation of dependable, large-scale software systems.
Their students can enroll in core courses that cover the software engineering basics and follow that with a broad range of courses to focus their abilities and knowledge.
UC Irvine’s software engineering degree program consists of:
- Software engineering principles
- Professional development with topics related to career choice
- Practical applications
2. Stevens Institute Of Technology Has One Of The Strongest Software Development Courses
This school’s software engineering course educates its students in designing and building components for complex systems, understanding aspects of software life-cycle and maintaining the final product.
They also gain an understanding of the overall systems context of engineering projects. The strong software and systems basis students attain as Stevens Institute of Technology makes it possible for them to pursue careers of:
- Software and Systems Architects
- Software Programmers, Developers and Testers
- Software and System Engineers
- Requirements Engineers
- Senior Computers Applications Engineers
- Project Leaders