Table of Contents
- How Seattle Web Developers Differentiate From Other U.S.-Based Competitors
- What Services Can You Outsource To Seattle Web Design And Development Companies?
- How Much Does Web Development In Seattle Cost?
- Why Should You Hire a Seattle Website Developer?
- How To Choose The Best Seattle Web Developer For Your Business
- 10 Questions To Ask Web Development Companies In Seattle Before Hiring The Right One
- Takeaways On Seattle Web Developers
How Seattle Web Developers Differentiate From Other U.S.-Based Competitors
According to CompTIA:
Analyzing 20 leading metro areas where the demand for tech workers is the highest, the organization ranked the Seattle metro area as the sixth biggest national hub for STEM jobs.
Some points that pushed Seattle before huge tech centers like Boston, San Francisco and Washington, DC are:
- The area’s top employers like Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook and Oracle
- The steady job growth (expected to increase by 11% over the five next years)
- The high median salary for IT pros of $125,318
- The adjusted salaries for the higher cost of living (although the city’s cost of living is only 22% higher than the U.S. average, IT experts get paid $32,378 more annually)
These are just a few of the reasons why Seattle attracts top-tier talent from across the country.
As a result, the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue metro area was the leading employer of web developers and digital interface designers in 2020 with 15,100 employees.
Additionally, INSEAD Knowledge’s 2020 Global Talent Competitiveness Index shows that Seattle ranks among the top 20 cities that lead the world in talent competitiveness.
Another reason that makes the largest city in Washington a welcoming place for top-notch talent is the fact that it is the 13th best place to live in America.
U.S. News placed Seattle among the highest-ranked cities based on various factors like:
- Quality of life
- Job market
- Cost of living
- The people’s desire to live there
Considering that Seattle is home to a highly competitive workforce, we can assume that only the best web developers can make it in the city.
What Services Can You Outsource To Seattle Web Design And Development Companies?
Seattle web design and development companies offer standard web design and development services.
They help organizations build websites that meet their audience expectations and achieve their business goals.
These agencies specialize in building sites using different platforms, including:
However, Seattle web developers can also create websites from scratch while focusing on key elements that have become a standard for an engaging user experience like:
- Responsive design
- Interactive elements
- Fast page speed
Settle web developers can offer the following services:
- Market research
- Competitive analysis
- Code development based on best practices
- Software documentation
- Website architecture
- User interface and layout
- QA testing
- Website update and maintenance
- And more
Unlike all other developers in the country, those operating under Seattle’s sky are very likely to have gained experience in the leading industries in the city like:
- Agriculture and food manufacturing
- Clean technology
- Military and defense
- Life sciences and global health
- Information technology
The insights they gained from this industry exposure uniquely positions them to develop successful websites for organizations in these fields or similar.
How Much Does Web Development In Seattle Cost?
For web development in Seattle, the majority of professional companies bill their projects based on hourly rates.
The price starts at $10 and can go for as high as $180 per hour, sometimes even more.
Some vital factors that influence the cost of this type of pricing are:
- Company size and reputation
- Project complexity
- Number of developers engaged in the project
- Project timeline
Meanwhile, other developers who charge per project typically formulate their fees based on the type of website you need and its complexity based on the following:
- CMS development
Custom web development in Seattle projects are valued at around $10,000 and $50,000. However, sometimes prices can reach up to $100,000.
Why Should You Hire a Seattle Website Developer?
These are the key reasons why you should hire a Seattle web developer:
- Work with top-tier talent: Seattle is one of the leading centers for STEM jobs. Due to its great living and working conditions, many skilled web developers move to the city to further develop their careers. It means that here you can find some of the best specialists in the field to execute your project.
- Enjoy internationally competitive services: Seattle is one of the most talented cities in the world. The city’s great conditions for career development carry a certain level of competitiveness urging the local web developers to continuously improve themselves to succeed in the market. This indicates that only the best developers can make it here.
- Take advantage of their local market know-how: Seattle web developers have accumulated knowledge in the locally dominant industries. It means that they understand the biggest challenges and opportunities of these specific businesses. This allows them to deliver for niche markets and develop strategies for these particular audiences.
How To Choose The Best Seattle Web Developer For Your Business
Consider these five vital steps to take when screening the best Seattle web developers for your business:
Step #1: Check Their Portfolios
Evaluating the portfolios of each prospective Seattle web developer will help you see which of them have the skills and experience to meet specific project requirements.
Review the type of websites they’ve developed and take note of some examples similar to the website you need to build. You can then visit them and see in terms of functionality and usability.
Depending on your needs, make sure you partner with a developer that has the relevant expertise to execute your project from start to finish.
Step #2: Look For A Good Cultural Fit
Cultural similarities and differences can be an indicator of your project’s success or failure.
Having an agency partner who shares similar values and whose work ethic matches yours are important in having a healthy work relationship.
This can lead to higher productivity and improved work quality.
Step #3: Take Client Feedback Into Account
Checking the reviews of clients who underwent web development with these agencies will provide an insight into their responsiveness, project management, customer service and more.
You might also find out about their flexibility in terms of pricing.
Additionally, you may also contact some previous clients and ask about their particular experience with web development companies in Seattle.
This will get you first-hand information on client satisfaction and the type of collaboration you can expect from these agencies.
Step #4: Find Out If They Offer Post-Launch Support
Website support comes in various forms. From regular checkups to bug fixing and updating software and plugins, this service is important in keeping your site relevant and up-to-date.
It is a good practice to have the same developers who built your website maintain it as well since they are most familiar with the code and other key elements.
However, when choosing the right maintenance package for your needs, be sure to consider the following points:
- Size and purpose of the website
- How much of your website is customized content
- How fast your business grows
These are important in identifying which aspects of your website need expert attention and what kind of maintenance can be done in-house, if any.
Step #5: Consider Their Communication Skills
From the initial meeting, see if these experts communicate well. Pay attention to how available and responsive they are to your queries.
The agency you hire should have dedicated communication channels and a contact person from the very start of the project.
They should also be good listeners, be able to understand your requirements and keep you in the loop at all times during the development process.
10 Questions To Ask Web Development Companies In Seattle Before Hiring The Right One
Once you narrow down the list of potential candidates, set an interview with your prospective Seattle web developers and ask them the following questions:
- Do you provide end-to-end web development?
- Have you developed similar websites before? Can I see some examples?
- What does your strategic approach look like? Can you explain the development process briefly?
- What does your research process involve?
- What type of development tools and technologies do you have access to?
- How long do you think this project will take?
- Do you outsource any part of your work?
- How much is the website worth? What is not included in the price?
- What post-launch support services do you provide, if any?
- Who will own the code after the website’s release?
Takeaways On Seattle Web Developers
Hiring a Seattle web developer can ensure your project's success because these experts:
- Are some of the finest digital specialists in the nation
- Offer internationally competitive services
- Have local market know-how
An hour of their time will cost you around $10-$180.
To pick the most suitable Seattle website developer for your business, take the following steps:
- Check their portfolios
- Look for a good cultural fit
- Take client feedback into account
- Find out if they offer post-launch support
- Consider their communication skills
Best of luck!