Outsourcing data entry is a smart way to be more efficient with internal resources and save money on the cost of executing data entry in-house. Outsourcing sensitive materials can be tricky, however, and it’s important to find a partner you’re confident you can trust.
When evaluating data entry companies, these are the top values and differentiating factors you should look for:
● Training - Does the company train all of its employees on process and security when they hired? What ongoing training and development do they provide to ensure employees are up to speed on the latest standards and technology?
● Supervised teams - How is your project team supervised? Who is the supervisor and how often can you expect that person to report to the project manager on your team?
● Guaranteed accuracy - What guarantees is the company willing to make about data accuracy? What is their process for reducing entry errors?
● Flexible solutions - Will the company be able to handle larger projects should your needs grow? What types of turnaround times can you expect if the project expands? How does the pricing structure operate and is there flexibility in pricing models?
● Stringent security - What security standards does the company adhere to? How do they guard against security breaches and what is the process in the case of a mishap or malicious attack?
● Commitment to process - Are the company’s operations guided by a clear process? Is this process transparent to you, and are you informed of how the project will progress?
● Acceptable location - Where is the company headquartered? When are they available to communicate with you?