Table of Contents
- How Kansas City Web Design Companies Differ From Other U.S. Competitors
- What Do Web Design Companies In Kansas City, MO Do?
- How Much Do Web Design Services In Kansas City Cost?
- Why Should You Hire A Kansas City Web Design Agency?
- How To Choose The Best Kansas City Web Design Company?
- 15 Questions To Ask Web Design Companies In Kansas City, MO Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Kansas City Web Design Companies
How Kansas City Web Design Companies Differ From Other U.S. Competitors
These are the key reasons that separate Kansas City web design companies from all other competitors in the U.S.:
Reason #1: Kansas City Draws Highly-Skilled Talent From Across the Nation
According to Glassdoor, Kansas City was one of the best U.S. cities for jobs in 2020.
The largest city in Missouri attracts young professionals who want to make a career mostly due to its affordability. It has an 8.4% lower cost of living than the national average where residents enjoy 13.4% lower housing costs.
This is why it holds the 22nd spot on the U.S. News rankings of the cheapest places to live in America.
Kansas City has a promising job market which increased by 1.4% over the last year. Currently, there are 93 open web designer positions including from notable employers like T-Mobile and IBM. (Glassdoor)
The city's affordability and top-tier talent pool also attract many business investments. Hence, it's no wonder that Kansas City ranks among the 10 best U.S. places for startups.
So, web designers can seize job opportunities from both young businesses and major companies like:
Reason #2: Kansas City Has A Thriving Art Scene
Kansas City has a world-recognized art scene. Home to various dynamic gallery districts, museums and live music venues, the city creates a colorful palette for both residents and visitors.
The city’s Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, its creative neighborhood Crossroads Arts District or iconic jazz venues allow local web designers to immerse in creative experiences and draw inspiration.
Kansas City’s vibrant art scene has the capacity to spark curiosity and inspire creativity.
This is why its web designers are widely recognized for their inventiveness and the original ideas they bring to their projects.
Reason #3: Kansas City Is Home To A Number Of Growing Industries
Kansas City is a place where businesses of all types thrive. Its economy is supported by a variety of sectors but the city is a national leader in:
- Aerospace and defense
- Advanced manufacturing
- Energy and natural resources
- Food processing and manufacturing
- Corporate and professionals services
- Logistics and distribution
- Animal health
Kansas web design companies tend to develop websites mostly for businesses in the area’s predominant sectors. So, they have gained extensive experience in the:
- Major industry trends
- Market challenges and opportunities
- Competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- Audience’s needs, wants and pain points
This is a key characteristic that makes these experts better prepared to meet the demands and expectations of the clients and organizations in these sectors.
What Do Web Design Companies In Kansas City, MO Do?
Kansas City web design companies offer standard web design services. Just like all other U.S. competitors, their job is to plan, create and code new websites or redesign existing websites.
In general, these specialized agencies deal with graphics, colors, sounds, images, videos, fonts and other types of visual content. Their job is to deliver both visually attractive and fully functional sites that ensure intuitive user experience and drive engagement.
Apart from websites, they can deliver various other digital products, including:
- Software systems
- Mobile applications
- And more
Kansas City web design companies also specialize in various platforms like:
- And more
Very often, these agencies offer additional services that may include, but are not limited to:
- Market research
- Content development
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Graphic design
- Video production
- Digital marketing
- Data analytics and tracking
- And more
How Much Do Web Design Services In Kansas City Cost?
For web design services in Kansas City, you can approximately expect to be charged between $50 and $150 per hour.
The hourly fee is the most common type of invoicing and some of the factors that can influence this cost are:
- The agency’s size and reputation
- The project requirements
- The project complexity
- The project deadline
Another payment option is the cost per project where prices are calculated based on the type of website you need and its complexity.
Therefore, you can expect to spend around:
- $1000-$10,000 for a small website
- $10,000-$50,000 for a medium-size website
- $50,000-$100,000 for an enterprise website
Some Kansas city web design companies may also offer a third alternative - a result-based fee. In this case, you will pay your agency partner if they deliver specific results previously agreed upon.
Depending on your business goals, these results may be:
- Improved search engine rankings
- Increased conversions
- Boost in sales
- And more
Why Should You Hire A Kansas City Web Design Agency?
These are the key reasons why you should partner with a Kansas City web design agency:
1. Work with top-tier talent
Kansas City attracts and employs some of the finest web designers in the country. The major reasons why are its relatively low cost of living, stable job market and top employers like IBM and Siemens.
So, by partnering with a local company, you will enjoy high-quality services and launch a high-performing website that will drive tangible results.
2. Take advantage of their creativity
Kansas City has a vigorous art scene. From stunning galleries and museums to outstanding live performances and street art, the city boasts a rich culture.
Operating in such a lively environment, local web designers manage to stay creative and inspired, delivering ingenious and engaging designs.
3. Leverage their local market know-how
Unlike their U.S. counterparts, Kansas City web design companies hold experience in the major industries in the area.
Their unique insights into the local ecosystem, audience and competitors indicate that they have the relevant skills to create winning strategies and deliver websites that better meet their clients’ expectations.
How To Choose The Best Kansas City Web Design Company?
The process of finding the right web design agency to execute your project can be daunting.
With a simple Google search, you will find a bunch of companies claiming to deliver high-performing websites. How can ensure that the agency you pick brings the most out of your project and drives the desired results?
An in-depth vetting process plays a vital role. You need to make sure that the company you select aligns with your business’s goals and future ambitions.
To make this process easier, DesignRush industry experts created a table of the best Kansas City web design companies and included key information about them.
Looking at their agency profiles, brands like yours can save valuable time and energy in the research process.
Some of the qualifications that web design companies in Kansas City, MO had to fulfill are:
- Robust portfolios and extensive prior work
- High industry reputation and thought leadership
- Access to top talent
- Client recommendations
- Quality of work
However, to further extend your research, follow these steps:
Step #1: Find If They Have Experience In Your Particular Sector
Most Kansas City web design companies have experience in the area’s leading industries. However, some of them tend to serve only specific sectors.
Therefore, ensure that the agency you hire is familiar with your market since it can accelerate project delivery and ensure its success.
Step #2: Learn If They Offer Post-Launce Support And Maintenance
Your website needs to be properly maintained and regularly updated to stay functional and achieve optimal performance.
This is why you need to hire an agency that can engage in a long-term partnership. The designers who will create the website will be the most familiar with the code and other related factors. So, they will be best positioned to execute these processes.
Step #3: Ask About The Project’s Terms And Conditions
Before you sign an agency agreement, be sure to:
- Ask what it includes - web design contracts typically include project terms like the number of pages you will get, its features and functionality, hosting, maintenance and more.
- Consult your legal advisor - this can help your business stay protected if anything goes wrong in the process.
15 Questions To Ask Web Design Companies In Kansas City, MO Before Hiring One
- Do you have experience in building similar websites?
- How do you build your websites? Do you follow a custom process or use templates?
- What option would fit our budget?
- What SEO best practices do you follow?
- How can you ensure my website promotes an intuitive user experience?
- How do you stay up-to-date with the latest trends? What is currently trending and will you incorporate any of these trends in my website?
- How will you ensure high website security?
- What kind of testing do you perform before and after the website’s launch?
- How will communication be handled? Will you dedicate a point of contact?
- What materials will you need from me before the project starts?
- Who will provide the images and written copy for the website?
- Who will own the website after launch?
- How long will the project take? Will you set a specific deadline?
- How much will the website cost? How many edits or revisions are included in this price?
- How will you handle post-launch support and maintenance?
Takeaways On Kansas City Web Design Companies
Kansas City web design companies can help you build a high-performing website that engages and converts visitors into paying customers.
The cost of their services ranges between $50 and $150 per hour.
These agencies may be the best fit for you because they:
- Employ top-tier talent
- Are notorious for their creativity
- Have local market know-how
To select the ideal partner among the best web design companies In Kansas City, MO, follow these steps:
- Visit their portfolios in our table and compare them in terms of:
- Portfolio quality
- Find out if they have experience in your particular sector
- Learn if they offer post-launch support and maintenance
- Ask about the project’s terms and conditions
Best of luck!