So, you've decided that it's time to rebrand your business.
Not necessarily because you want to, but because your customers tell you they do.
And let's face the truth — most businesses need a new identity to succeed in today's competitive market.
The problem: there are many companies out there claiming to be experts at branding a business. But only a few live up to their promises.
This guide aims to help you pick a rebranding agency that is best suited for your particular situation and budget. Use it as an evaluation checklist to guide your decision-making process to choose the ideal partner for your rebranding needs.
Our experts also took the time to identify the best rebranding agencies to hire in 2023.
Table of Contents
- The Best Rebranding Agencies for Your Business in 2023
- What is a Rebranding Agency?
- Complete Rebranding vs Partial Rebranding
- Why You Should Outsource Your Rebranding Needs
- 5 Things to Consider When Evaluating a Rebranding Agency
- Top Rebranding Agencies to Hire in 2023
- Rebranding Agency Evaluation: Final Thoughts
The Best Rebranding Agencies for Your Business in 2023
- DigitalSilk: Best Overall
- RN01: Best for Tech and eCommerce
- Silk: Best for Storytelling in Branding
- 10 Plus Brand: Best for Small and Mid-Market Companies
- Matchbox Design Group: Best for B2B Branding
- Nick France Design: Best for Full-Service Web and Graphic Design
- MSLK: Best for Beauty Brands
- Noise 13 Design: Best for Building Customer Connections
- Majer Entertainment: Best for Content Creators
- Grid Communications: Best for Businesses in Toronto
- Engine Creative: Best for Creative Services
- If This Then Creative: Best for Business Owners and Marketing Teams
- Interstate PR: Best for Organizations
- DJM.Design: Best for Improving Sales
- HelloPixels: Best for Boosting Digital Presence
- Elevate Creative Agency: Best for Lifestyle Marketing
- Digital Mules: Best for Extending In-House Teams
- Incognito Worldwide: Best for Automation
- FlowState Branding: Best for Turning Ideas into Brands
- FatCat Studios, Inc.: Best for Small Business Branding
What is a Rebranding Agency?
A rebranding agency is a company that specializes in creating new identities for companies, organizations or even individuals.
The work they do for your brand includes:
- Brand colors
- Email templates
- Product packaging
- Additional visual elements
For instance, they can help you decide which colors best represent your brand. After all, using a signature color for your brand can boost recognition by 80%.
You might have an idea of what color scheme would look best for your business (e.g., red, blue, yellow), but what if it turns out that these colors don't work together?
You might want something different from orange and red—maybe green or blue? A good rebranding agency can tell you exactly which colors would look better on your business's website or social media pages.
Complete Rebranding vs Partial Rebranding
Rebranding can be done in two ways:
- A complete rebranding, where the company is wholly changed, and a new brand identity is created for it. Also called a brand overhaul, it is the most expensive kind of rebranding because it involves all aspects of the business: from a new logo to a new color palette, to new branding materials and marketing strategies.
- A partial rebranding means you keep your existing elements and name but make some changes to other components of the brand identity so that they fit better with the new logo and name, for instance.
Why You Should Outsource Your Rebranding Needs
The benefit of using an outsourced rebranding service is that you don't have to take the costs and resources required for this project on your own.
If you outsource the rebranding process, you will not have to hire a head designer or other specialists who can work on another project of a different kind.
You also don't have to hire additional marketing specialists and keep them in the loop for your branding process.
Here are four major benefits you can enjoy from outsourcing your rebranding needs:
- Outsourcing your rebranding project allows you to be up-to-date on the latest marketing, design, and technology trends. This can give you an edge in understanding what makes other brands successful.
- Outsourcing is a great way to ensure that happens without breaking the bank or adding too many hours to your workload. Outsourcing helps reduce company expenses. According to Deloitte, 59% of companies outsource to control costs.
- You know precisely what you're getting into and are able to focus on other aspects of your business while someone else handles the work. Plus, their focus is on only one thing—and that thing is getting results!
- Having someone else involved can help you see things from an outside perspective. There will always be blind spots that only come when someone else looks at it for themselves and sees things differently.
5 Things to Consider When Evaluating a Rebranding Agency
You're ready to rebrand your business, and you want to find the right partner.
But how do you know if an agency is the right choice?
To set you up with everything you need to find the best partner for your branding needs, here are five things to consider:
Performance is Better Than Agency Size
When you're first starting your rebranding, you're going to be drawn to larger agencies—you'll think they'll be the less risky option. But that's not necessarily true!
While size can indicate a company's success, it can also be misleading.
There are plenty of small businesses that have been around for years and are still thriving—and there are plenty of large ones that are struggling. The key here is finding the right fit for your needs.
Focus on performance rather than size.
Most people naturally assume that the bigger an agency is, the less risk their work will be associated with.
After all, if you're choosing an agency based on size, why would you choose one that's smaller? It makes sense: the bigger a company is, the more recognizable its name and brand are (and, therefore, presumably more secure).
But there are some drawbacks to choosing a large agency: they tend to work with prominent clients on long-term capital-intensive contracts with large production budgets. They also tend to be more traditional in their process—they'll use corporate timelines instead of growth stage or start-up pace.
Meanwhile, small and medium-sized businesses represent over 90% of the business population, so they are critical people in innovation.
Smaller agencies bring multiple benefits to their clients: they will be almost entirely focused on your business; you'll have access to their best talent, projects tend to be smaller because fewer overheads.
Let Their Portfolio Speak For Themselves
When looking for a rebranding agency, it's essential to consider their portfolio.
You want an agency that can bring new life to your brand, but you also want one that has been successful at what they do in the past.
Consider how their previous strategies and designs could be applied to your business.
If you don't have confidence in their ability, it may be because they aren't using insights and research to inform their actions.
Are the designs and strategies in their portfolio something that could be adapted to your business?
- Are they looking for patterns that can inform new approaches?
- And how do they use insights and research to inform their work?
If you feel confident in their ability, it will prove that they can adapt, think proactively and ground their actions in industry insights.
A great agency that specializes in your industry will be able to help you think through how your company will look and feel from every angle—from logo redesigns to marketing materials and everything in between.
It can be tempting to pick an agency based on their portfolio and size, but this is a mistake in itself.
Look Past the Figures
When choosing a rebranding agency, the price is essential—but it's not all there is to consider.
Have you ever wondered how your choice impacts the long-term success of your new brand?
If you go with a large agency that offers lower prices but less specialized services, will it result in an outdated brand in just a few years?
Or will you have a practical rebranding toolkit that will last for decades?
The answer to this question is crucial because rebranding has long-term effects on your business.
If you want to ensure your rebranding project is successful in the long run, think beyond the price.
That's why you need to look past the figures and consider the big picture— even if it means paying a little more upfront.
A big company might have lower starting costs but more specialized services. A small company may have better insight into your audience's expectations and can offer more personalized solutions.
Search for a Partner That's in it For the Long Term
Brand identity is a long-term commitment. And rebranding requires active effort and management. You need someone willing to work with you over time—not just provide a one-time service.
You'll need an agency that will be your partner on that journey to help guide you through it and ensure that you're getting what you need.
After your rebranding is complete, there are still so many things left to do: market it, keep track of how effective it is and ensure that everything is working as intended.
A true partner will help you stay on top of all these things, ensuring that your rebranding efforts are always in sync with your brand strategy.
Assess Their Work, Process and Reputation
Ask questions about their process and their goals for your brand. The best way to get an answer is by asking specific questions like:
- What does your process look like?
- What are some examples of your success stories?
- How would you describe our target audience?
These will help you better understand what kind of work they do.
Regarding rebranding, a robust process means more than just a well-defined process. It means an approach that is grounded in objective evidence and that ensures quality work on time
The last thing you want when you're working on rebranding is to have a company that doesn't deliver.
That's why it's so important to assess the agency's reputation. If an agency has an excellent and all their clients have been happy with their work, then there's a good chance that their rebranding skills will be top-notch as well!
Try to look at their testimonials on their website or social media accounts before hiring them.
Top Rebranding Agencies to Hire in 2023
Here are the top brand strategy firms that can help give your business a fresh look through rebranding services.
1. Digital Silk
- Location: 18 West 18th Street, New York City, New York 10011, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125/hr
- Expertise: Branding, B2B Branding, Web Design & Development, Software Development, Lead Generation...
One of the best branding agencies out there is Digital Silk, a team of professionals that creates memorable brand identities that drive customer retention, business recognition and higher conversions and ROI.
Besides branding, Digital Silk specializes in Custom Web Design, eCommerce Development, SEO & Content Marketing, Results-Driven Social & Paid Marketing
From start-ups to Fortune 500, they have an outstanding track record of delivering impeccable results. Teir clients include: SONY, Northwestern University, P&G, EV Universe, SNP Therapeutics, Xerox, NYU and others.
- Location: 650 California Street, San Francisco, California 94108, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Digital Advertising, Branding, Digital Marketing, Advertising...
RNO1 is a Growth—First Digital Design Experience Agency. They work with brands that understand that having a growth mindset is essential for the modern Tech & eCommerce brands, across all strategies and solutions.
Their team builds scalable and sustainable “growth moves” that position brands for success, cross-channel.
They have ignited growth for Tech companies that have secured $500M+ in total funding, moved many to acquisition (by brands like Airbnb, Ericsson, Cox Media Group) and aligned with companies generating over $1B+ in gross revenue.
- Location: 300 Broadway, Suite 23, San Francisco, California 94133, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $175/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Digital Strategy, B2B Branding, Corporate Branding...
Clay is a UX design and branding agency based in San Francisco. They partner with the world's top companies to build transformative digital experiences, websites, and brands.
Their clients include Amazon, Google, Facebook, Coinbase, Slack, Sony, ADP, VMware, SanDisk, Credit Karma, Zenefits, and UPS.
Clay transforms modern brands through strategy, visual identity, and communications. They're a web design agency that fuses user experience and storytelling to deliver next-level brand communications.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Branding, Naming, Small Business Branding, Advertising...
10 Plus Brand asserts that "creating brand equity starts with establishing that your brand stands for something so that your top line lifts the bottom line". Their team of experts decodes every clients' DNA, vision and business model, as well as market positioning to deliver solutions that convert.
The agency uses creates brand strategies, structures, and stories, to amplify any brand with content, videos, original blogging, SEO, influencer marketing, AI-enabled content online marketing, social media, LinkedIn, etc., to build the brand recognition and stature.
Their clients include Blackhawk Museum, Pacific Diversified, A2Z CFO, Calphin Swim Academy...
- Location: 1501 Locust Street, Unit A, St. Louis, Missouri 63103, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Logo Design, Web Design, Responsive Website Design, Small Business, Website Design, eCommerce Development...
Match Box Design Group makes an excellent choice when scouting for rebranding agencies, specializing in a whole host of services that can take your business from drab to fab.
With their talents lying solidly in SEO, content strategy, UI/UX design, branding, print marketing and design & web development, one can see why clients from various industries have flocked to this award-winning agency (Top 1000 B2B Companies 2009, Best Marketing Company 2019, Top Web Design Pick 2019).
Priding itself in its adaptability, personable nature and team of 8 highly specialized experts with 65+ years of experience in their respective fields, we just know that you’ll get exactly what you’re looking for at Match Box Design Group.
- Location: 16227 Perimeter Dr., Brooksville, Florida 34614, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $60
- Expertise: Web Design, WordPress Design, Email Marketing...
Nick France Design is a full-service web and graphic design firm specializing in web design and development for small businesses and non-profit organizations. They also provide Social Media consulting and services, as well as branding and print design services for a variety of clients in different markets and industries.
They place their clients' business or organization's needs as a top priority to ensure their business goals are met and their company excels.
Their clients include Chefs USA, Gus Lloyd, Women of Grace and Southshore Environmental
- Location: 23-23 33rd Rd., Long Island City, New York 11106, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Branding, Logo Design, Graphic Design, Package Design...
MSLK is a branding agency that specializes in helping beauty brands find their voice in today's crowded market and send a unified message through 360° brand positioning — from overall brand strategy to brand identity, packaging, retail experience, websites, social media campaigns and sales.
Their strategic process and consumer insights turn the subjective creative process into an objective one, producing award-winning, attention-grabbing, and revenue-generating results for their clients. Every service plan is custom-tailored to client needs and complements the client's in-house capabilities.
MSLK's clients include Chanel, Maybelline, African Pride and Joico.
- Location: 1616 16th Street 3rd Floor, San Francisco, California 94103, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $200
- Expertise: Branding, Product Design, Website Design...
At Noise 13 Design, they believe brands have the power to make positive change for people and the planet when they start with their truth. They collaborate with their clients to discover these truths together, crafting distinct brand identity systems to lay a foundation for deeply meaningful and lasting consumer connections.
Their services help brands find their secret powers, their values and beliefs, to go from good to great and excel in any market, vertical or industry.
Noise 13 Design clients include Twilio, Sipsong Spirits, HYBRA and Aquaroo.
- Location: 99 Wall Street Suite #5966, New York, New York 10005, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $40
- Expertise: Branding, Public Relations, Inbound Marketing...
Majer Entertainment exists to assist musicians, brands, and content creators in reaching a larger audience globally. They take pride in their work and focus on delivering the best product to clients.
Their clients include D.R.E.A.M LLC, NKT Ent. and Young Music DYMG
- Location: 115 woodstream blvd Unit 12 Woodbridge, Toronto, L4L8K5, Canada
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: Instagram Marketing, Branding, B2B Digital Marketing, Graphic Design...
The Grid is an award winning marketing agency specializing in delivering effective business results based in Toronto. Their team of strategists, designers, and developers help build and launch marketing solutions for their partners.
11. Engine Creative
- Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN2 6EU, United Kingdom
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: Design Agencies, 360° Digital Services, Branding, Graphic Design, Video Production, Creative, Web Design, Mobile App Development, Website Development, Digital Marketing, Wearable Technology, Internet of Things, and VR/AR.
Engine Creative, based in Northamptonshire UK, and founded in 1997, is an agency that specializes in creative services and digital products.
Engine Creative’s mission is to bring brands to life by connecting their consumers through the web, augmented and virtual experiences, mobile devices, and apps. Their approach marries creativity with technology to ensure brand engagement is of the highest standard for their clients.
Engine Creative has been honing its digital marketing, branding, app design, and development skills over the years with clients like Barclaycard, BiC Camelot, Facebook, and Travis Perkins while also breaking into new industries to reach as many customers as possible.
With Engine Creative's cutting-edge solutions customers can have confidence that their brand will be seen online.
- Location: 5213 Estes Circle, Arvada, Colorado 80002, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $120/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Small Business Branding, Graphic Design, Creative, Web Design, B2B Website Design, Digital Marketing, B2B Digital Marketing, Small Business Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, and Inbound Marketing.
If This Then Creative is an innovative marketing provider based in Arvada, Colorado that offers a full suite of services to business owners and marketing teams.
Founded in 2018, If This Then Creative helps these leaders create strong brands and campaigns, build beautiful websites, and generate content that resonates with their customer base.
From lead generation strategies to content creation, If This Then Creative has been helping clients such as Rad Power Bikes, the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, and The Functionary reach their customer demographic through performant advertising, brand awareness campaigns, PPC displays, and social media engagement.
If you're looking for creative solutions to connect with your ideal customers then If This Then Creative is your top choice.
13. Interstate PR
- Location: Foggy Bank Way, Sacramento, California 95833, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: Branding, Small Business Branding Logo Design, Public Relations, Web Design, Responsive Website Design, Small Business Website Design, WordPress Website Design, and Business Consulting.
Interstate PR is an innovative digital public relations firm headquartered in Sacramento, California, that specializes in helping organizations tell their stories.
Established in 2009, its team of specialized professionals creates customized strategic plans that are tailored to every customer's unique situation and goals utilizing a variety of tools including traditional media, website design, social media management, and more.
Interstate PR goes beyond the traditional approach to business consulting by offering clients access to their International Coaching Federation certified coaches who can help to ensure success on any project.
With Interstate PR's expertise in branding, public relations, and web design, organizations can reach greater heights by building a local feel while appealing to a global audience. Some of the agency’s most notable clients include Woodbridge Crossing, Shining Star Productions, Institute for Construction Innovation, St. John Vianney School, and MBA, Inc.
- Location: 922 8th Ave, Greeley, Colorado 80631, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire.
- Expertise: Digital Strategy, Branding, Logo Design, Video Production, Web Design, Dental Website Design, Law Firm Web Design, Financial Services Web Design, Construction Web Design, Real Estate Web Design, Responsive Website Design, SEO, Website Development, and WordPress Website Design.
DJM.Design is a multi-faceted multimedia design studio located in Greeley, Colorado, founded in 2017.
DJM provides exceptional services catered to each business that seeks to skyrocket its sales while standing out from the competition. DJM's specialized team combines design and sales psychology to propel your company's website ranking and leads.
DJM offers marketing such as video production, branding, digital strategies, YouTube campaigns, and organic search engine optimization (SEO). DJM has worked with many popular companies like Bayan, Care More Lawns, and Vagabond Realty.
- Location: Two Four 54, Abu Dhabi, 33965, United Arab Emirates
- Average Hourly Rate: $25/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Graphic Design, Web Design, Financial Services Web Design. Construction Web Design, Real Estate Web Design, B2B Website Design, Mobile App Development, and Website Development.
HelloPixels is an experienced SEO, digital marketing, and web development company in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Established in 2012, HelloPixels uses its expertise to craft truly unique brand experiences that boost presence in the digital realm. HelloPixels offers comprehensive services such as website design and development, mobile application building and development, lead generation solutions for businesses of all sizes, digital branding, and creative content creation with an approach towards digital campaigns by using the latest technologies.
HelloPixels works closely with its clients to help them uncover the full potential of their brands in the digital world. Among the projects HelloPixels has delivered include FiftyFiveC, PJL & Partners, and JUICE WORLD.
HelloPixels provides a 360° approach service towards creating strategic digital campaigns that are engaging and result-oriented, catering to each business’s needs while always keeping up with the latest trends and technology. Meaning it offers its customers the perfect mix of creativity and tech through research-driven solutions.
- Location: Villa Point Drive, Newport Beach, California 92660, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $125/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Food, and Beverage Branding, Graphic Design, Package Design, Creative, Web Design, and Content Marketing.
Elevate Creative Agency was first founded in 2010 to help businesses stand out from the competition through branding and creative solutions.
Based in Newport Beach, CA, the agency's integrated approach to strategic marketing, creative design, and market research has enabled Elevate's clients to maximize return on investment with measurable results.
In addition, Elevate Creative Agency leverages lifestyle marketing to build relationships between products and brands with their target market groups in ways that naturally attract, build and maintain affinity.
By taking advantage of Elevate Creative Agency's knowledge of brand strategy combined with its award-winning design solutions, companies can elevate their business beyond the competition. Some of Elevate’s most notable clients include Pilltyme, Divine Flavor, and Destination Hotels.
17. Digital Mules
- Location: 18503 Pines Blvd, Unit 313, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33029, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Marketing, and SEO.
Digital Mules is a digital marketing agency founded in 2017 and based in Pembroke Pines, Florida. Digital Mules provides services for companies that include everything from branding, social media marketing, and management to copywriting, graphic design, and web design.
Digital Mules proudly works with clients like Haagen-Dazs, Ron Inmortal, and Palm Beach Academy to name a few. The agency can manage any terrain thanks to the combination of both old and new marketing strategies with creative innovation that make sure your ideas are brought forward effectively.
Digital Mules can work as an extension of your internal team by providing you with a project manager, social media coordinator, and other professionals that are highly trained. Whatever your project entails, Digital Mules can help you achieve success wherever your field may be.
- Location: Inicia Incorporated 515 Madison Ave Suite 8057, New York City, New York 10022, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $25/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Logo Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, Responsive Website Design, WordPress Website Design, Digital Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Software Development, and IT Services.
Incognito Worldwide was first founded in 2014 and based in Madison Ave, NYC. It is a brand of Inicia Incorporated that specializes in automation, design, development, and marketing solutions for businesses.
Incognito's experienced team develops top-of-the-line logos, brochures, banners, and websites as well as provides research and creative writing services to create compelling investment documents. Not only have they served governments such as the city of Buenos Aires but also industry giants like HSBC, Santander Bank, and Carrier.
Moreover, Incognito Worldwide excels at providing personalized solutions including search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, comprehensive social media strategies, and comprehensive marketing plans & road maps for SMEs.
Incognito strives to ensure quality products are produced promptly; their operations span from New York to Bangalore to Buenos Aires, exemplifying their success in many different parts of the world.
- Location: 351 W 45th Ave., Denver, Colorado 80216, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Branding For Nonprofits, Brand Strategy, Naming…
FlowState Branding is a full-service branding agency founded by a group of engineers and made up of a diverse team of creative thinkers.
The agency takes a holistic approach, using a process engineered for collaboration to turn ideas into successful brands and craft contemporary leaders from enterprise legacies. Their team is well-versed in full rebranding projects, which include messaging, stylescapes and asset creation.
Their clients include SketchUp, Blue Chair Bay Rum, The Brewing Network and Oasis Hydration.
- Location: 1412 Crain Hwy N, Ste 3B, Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $90/hr
- Expertise: Branding, Naming, Small Business Branding...
FatCat Studios is a creative group that provides services such as:
- Print and Graphic Design
- Branding and Identity
- Web and Interactive
- Writing and copy editing
- Social Media and Advertising
- Presentations and Trade Shows
Rebranding Agency Evaluation: Final Thoughts
Rebranding is a way to adapt your business to the needs of the present, and it can be a great way to move forward from your old image as you've outgrown your original mission.
There's no doubt that rebranding is a huge investment—it can take months or even years, and it's one of the smartest investments you can make in your business.
With a rebrand agency in your corner, your business can take on a new, more improved identity, leading to better sales and more customers.