Table of Contents
- What Makes A Baltimore SEO Company Different From Other US-Based Competitors?
- What Services Can You Outsource To A Baltimore Search Engine Optimization Agency?
- How Much Do Baltimore SEO Companies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Should You Hire A Baltimore SEO Agency
- How To Choose The Best Baltimore SEO Company For Your Business
- 10 Questions To Ask Baltimore Search Engine Optimization Agencies Before Hiring One
- Takeaways On Baltimore SEO Companies
What Makes A Baltimore SEO Company Different From Other US-Based Competitors?
What can a Baltimore SEO company do that a similar specialized agency in NYC, San Francisco or San Diego can’t?
Well, while Baltimore SEO companies offer the same or similar services as their US counterparts, there are several services that make them stand out:
Fact #1: Baltimore Attracts Highly Skilled Talent From Across The Nation
There are several key factors that make Baltimore an enticing place for skilled SEO professionals in the US and beyond.
Firstly, Baltimore’s cost of living is 88.2%, which is lower than the national average of 100%. In fact, it is lower than in most leading nearby metro areas.
Having translated that in numbers, the city’s cost of living is 38.6% lower than in NYC and 40.8% lower than in Washington DC. (Salary)
Secondly, Baltimore offers great conditions for business and careers.
On the one hand, the city has a low unemployment rate of 3.6%, which is 0.1% lower than the national average.
On the other hand, according to US News, the average annual salary is $57,740, which is higher than the national average of $51,960.
Fact #2: Baltimore's Internationally Recognized Universities Produce Top-Grade Talent
Baltimore boasts many nationally and internationally recognized public and private universities and colleges where students can become proficient in various areas such as marketing, technology and design.
The University of Baltimore, the University of Maryland and the Loyola University Maryland, among others, produce top-grade SEO experts.
Fact #3: Baltimore-based SEO Specialists Are Proficient In The Locally Dominant Industries
The key industries that drive Baltimore’s economy are:
- Higher education
- Healthcare and bioscience
- Tech, cybersecurity and IT
- Defense contracting
- Financial services
Professionals operating within Baltimore SEO companies have naturally acquired experience in these locally dominant sectors.
They have unique insights into the:
- Local market
- Audience pain points, needs and challenges
- Competition’s strengths and weaknesses
- Specific area’s trends and opportunities
These are key characteristics that allow them to possess a competitive advantage over their counterparts and deliver successful projects for businesses in these niches.
What Services Can You Outsource To A Baltimore Search Engine Optimization Agency?
Similarly to other related agencies, Baltimore SEO companies tend to be qualified in:
- On-page SEO: Conducting keyword research, creating high-quality content and optimizing content, pages and products around key phrases and more
- Technical SEO: Improving website readability, ensuring fast pages speed, securing websites properly, optimizing websites for mobile devices and more
- Off-page SEO: Getting high-quality backlinks, doing guest blogging, participating in forum discussions, building relationships with influencers and more
- Local SEO: Adding the Local Business schema on homepages, creating and managing Google My Business Accounts, register companies with trusted directories such as Yahoo small business and Yelp, promoting pages on local directories and websites and more
- eCommerce SEO: Optimizing online shops, products and product images around specific keywords, adding specific schemas, promoting products on social media, creating content and more
- Mobile SEO: Ensuring fast loading pages, intuitive user experience, using responsive themes, enabling Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), improving site loading times and more
While most SEO professionals operate within larger digital agencies, they may also offer additional services including:
- Web design and development
- App design and development
- Social media marketing
- PR management
- And more
How Much Do Baltimore SEO Companies Charge For Their Services?
Every Baltimore SEO company offers its own pricing structures. The most common are:
- The fee per hour
- The fee per project
- The result-based fee
The fee per hour typically varies between $50 and $150. The key factors that will affect the pricing are:
- Company size and stature
- Project scope and complexity
- Project deadline
When it comes to the fee per project, most Baltimore search engine optimization agencies undertake projects valued at $10,000-$25,000.
However, there are some companies that partner with businesses with a limited budget. So, they can accept projects estimated at $1,000.
Those Baltimore SEO companies that offer high-end services, on the other hand, would typically accept projects valued at $50,000+.
The results-based fee, on the other hand, depends on the actual results the agency should deliver.
Depending on the unique client’s needs, these results may be:
- Improving search engine rankings
- Boosting website traffic
- Generating higher sales
- And more
Why Should You Hire A Baltimore SEO Agency
These are the key reasons why you should partner with a Baltimore search engine optimization agency:
- Competitive workforce: The business-friendly environment, the lower cost of living and the low unemployment rate make Baltimore an enticing place for SEO professionals across the nation. This results in stellar talent and access to a competitive and skillful workforce.
- Industry experience: Baltimore SEO companies operating in the area have accumulated deep experience in the locally dominant sectors. They have unique insights into the local market, so they are uniquely positioned to help businesses reach their local audiences and take a competitive advantage.
How To Choose The Best Baltimore SEO Company For Your Business
Choosing the best Baltimore SEO agency goes beyond cost. While it is of key importance to understand the potential companies pricing structures and policies, cost should not be a determining factor.
But, it will help you find a partner that can fit your budget.
The major factors that should influence your decision on the right Baltimore search engine optimization company are:
- Client reviews: See what past and current clients have to say about every potential agency. They are a valuable source of information that will speak volumes about these companies’ business processes, company culture, reliability, transparency and flexibility, both in terms of pricing and planning.
- Past work: Take a look into their portfolios and case studies to see whether they are able to produce quality work. These will also help you learn about their industry experience, the type of businesses they partner with as well as the possible results they can deliver.
- Tools: Find out what kind of tools the prospective Baltimore SEO companies use to conduct keyword research, gather analytics and measure success. These will affect developing winning strategies and contribute to better website performance.
- Reporting: Understand how each Baltimore SEO agency tracks and measures results. The agency you hire should continuously report on the project’s progress, the effectiveness of their strategies and how the analytics they gather influence their work and future planning.
10 Questions To Ask Baltimore Search Engine Optimization Agencies Before Hiring One
Ask every prospective Baltimore SEO company the following questions to ensure you make the right choice:
- Which industry sectors do you specialize in? Have you ever worked with clients in the same sector? What results did you deliver?
- Will you perform a website audit to measure our existing SEO efforts?
- Which members of your team will be working on our account? What is their level of experience?
- What off-page SEO tactics do you implement?
- What results can you guarantee and how much do you think it will take to see them?
- What tools do you use to conduct keyword research and gather analytics?
- Will you provide us with analytical reports and what metrics will you track?
- How do you stay on top of Google updates and algorithm changes?
- What processes do you have in place for link-building?
- What kind of involvement should we expect and how often will we meet?
Takeaways On Baltimore SEO Companies
Baltimore SEO companies are the best choice to partner with because they:
- Offer high-quality services
- Employ a competitive workforce
- Have experience in the locally dominant industries
The cost of their services typically ranges between $50 and $150 per hour.
To choose the best Baltimore SEO company for your needs, consider:
- Your budget
- The prospective companies’ client reviews
- Their portfolios and case studies
- The tools they use
- Their reporting processes
Best of luck!