Content marketing and advertising strategies are key ingredients in establishing your brand’s authority. However, if you will produce content on your own, it can be unnecessarily time-consuming, costly, and stressful.
The good news is that you do not have to execute it all on your own. You can outsource writing content for your website, social media accounts, and other digital or printed publications. Content writing outsourcing is an efficient way to reap the benefits of your content marketing strategy —minus the legwork.
Table of Contents
- What Does It Mean to Outsource Content Writing?
- Why Choose to Outsource Writing Marketing Content?
- How Does Content Writing Outsourcing Help Your Business Operations?
- A Guide to Outsourcing Content in 10 Steps
- Content Types You Can Outsource
- Top-Tier Content Writing Agencies to Outsource Your Projects To in 2023
- Wrap-Up: Reasons and Ways to Outsource Content Writing for Business
What Does It Mean to Outsource Content Writing?
To outsource writing content is to hire professional content and copywriters outside of your company to produce marketing materials for you - this includes professional content marketing companies.
Content writing outsourcing covers numerous formats of content creation—from blog posts, articles, creative captions, podcast and video scripts, to e-Books.
Why Should You Outsource Content Writing?
- You Can't Commit Ample Time to Content Production
- You Need to Hit Your Content Goals
- You Want Engaging Online Content That Ranks Well
Outsourcing content to a writing services provider can be the best course of action for you, if:
You Can't Commit Ample Time to Content Production
Company owners and managers are responsible for supervising strategic and tactical operations directly related to business scaling and expansion. In this light, you may be unable to dedicate many hours to creating material for your product pages or social networking platforms. Also, you may not necessarily specialize in content creation and writing.
To outsource article writing and other advertising collateral to professionals in the field will be a worthwhile investment. You will save time and dodge costly mistakes due to a lack of expertise.
You Need to Hit Your Content Goals
You can put your feet up knowing that you have qualified professionals producing compelling copy and content for your business pages and posts.
Content writers are trusted authorities in the industry for a good reason. They are proficient in creative and technical strategies to make copies that perform well on search engines and selling platforms. They have what it takes to help hit or surpass your current goals.
You Want Engaging Online Content That Ranks Well
Spruce up your company website with blog posts relevant to what you sell and do. Emphasize the benefits of your products or services with inspiring, well-structured descriptions that optimistically influence buyer’s decisions.
Outsourcing content contributes to the steady and sustainable growth of your business. Copywriting done right can significantly increase your leads and conversion rate. Outsourced writers are most likely adept at keyword research and SEO. They know how to formulate creative copies combined with accurate optimization strategies.
How to Outsource Content in 10 Steps
- Set Your Marketing Goals
- Allocate a Reasonable Budget
- Choose Between Agency and Freelancers
- Decide Based on Relevant Experience
- Require a Portfolio and Paid Tests
- Discuss Your Expectations
- Create a Content Selection Plan
- Set a Publication Plan
- Make a Creative Brief
- Streamline Feedback Process
Content writing outsourcing requires a different approach from hiring in-house employees. Conduct it effectively by adopting these practices:
1. Set Your Marketing Goals
Before you outsource content writing, be clear on your content marketing goals. Set high-level and specific goals. You should have strategic and tactical aims for blogging, leveraging social media, keyword optimization, and hashtag research.
These goals can include:
- Creating more shareable content
- Engaging more followers
- Generating more qualified leads
- Earning bigger sales
- Increasing your bottom line
- Enhancing brand visibility and recognition
Your writers will contribute to your company more and achieve greater when they know the goals they need to pursue.
2. Allocate a Reasonable Budget
The costs are a key consideration in content writing outsourcing. The proper expense allocation will depend on the nature of your business. It is an investment that needs the right balance to earn the expected returns.
Remember not to invest beyond your financial capabilities. Set a realistic budget that will allow ample resources to help you reach the content marketing goals you have previously laid out. Your budget will be the foundation for practical and accurate conversations with your potential writers.
3. Choose Between Agency and Freelancers
You can choose between a freelancer or an agency to outsource content writing. Both have their pros and drawbacks. But you can weigh your decision based on the volume of tasks you need to get done.
On the one hand, hiring a freelancer can work better for a short, project-based brand campaign. On the other hand, if you are looking to hire long-term writers, partnering with a content writing outsourcing agency may be the better option for you.
4. Decide Based on Relevant Experience
As you narrow down your prospective providers, be sure to consider the relevant experience needed. You will want to work with outsourced writers who can deliver your requirements aligned with your vision and objectives.
If you are in the finance industry, your writers should have a background in commerce, such as banking and investments. If you have a fashion business, employ content providers with a background in design and a strong penchant for following style trends and news. If you sell software as a service (SaaS), you will need people with a strong knowledge of tech platforms and IT in general.
However, it may still be worth moving forward with a writer who has not worked in your exact space. Excellent skills in researching new markets can make up for the insufficiency of prior relevant experience.
5. Require a Portfolio and Paid Tests
A portfolio will give you a better idea about the individual’s or agency's writing ability.
In addition, ask applicants to create a blog post and a social media post around a sample prompt. This will help you thoroughly evaluate the person’s proficiencies and speed. The sample brief should be based on a real marketing need.
It is advisable to commission sample content so you can use these paid submissions for testing. See how the posts will perform on search engines and social media. It can help you gauge the writing quality more closely. Moreover, it can prove how well-optimized the sample write-ups are.
6. Discuss Your Expectations
After a successful selection of writers or agency, proceed with setting up your team for the best collaborative work. It is time to revisit your short- and long-term goals for creating content. Specify what you would like to achieve with every website article and social post. Clarify the expected deliverables and the timeline.
Measuring the results of your marketing projects will be easier through a vivid outline of expectations and goals.
7. Create a Content Selection Plan
Ensure you have a plan for keyword research and topic selection. These will be central to your writers’ efficiency and your marketing strategy’s effectiveness. Your keywords should match the common search terms of your target audience. Choose them according to your updated marketing data.
8. Set a Publication Plan
Plot a content release schedule. While it can be weekly or monthly, setting a quarterly content plan is most preferable. This will allow you to have control over the direction of your marketing programs.
It is essential to keep your release plans flexible. This way, you can conveniently adjust your prescribed content when necessary.
9. Make a Creative Brief
A creative brief presents the content writing guidelines, requirements, and other information needed for the successful completion of a project or task. At the bare minimum, your content brief template should include the following:
- Expected completion date
- Format of post
- The platform where it will be posted
- Suggested title or headline
- Word count
- Writing style
- Recommended calls-to-action (CTAs)
- Target readers, viewers, or listeners
- Program / project objectives
- The phase in the marketing funnel
- Related resources and references
- Mockup materials
- Graphics and visuals if available
10. Streamline Feedback Process
You should provide feedback for every write-up. Even though you outsource content writing, you still need to oversee the process, especially at the onset.
Even experienced writers will need guidance from new clients. Appropriate supervision will get them quickly accustomed to delivering tasks in line with your branding and expectations.
Constructive and detailed feedback will hugely help. If something is not quite correct, raise the matter for discussion so writers can improve moving forward. Keeping mum or attempting to fix things yourself may result in a misunderstanding. Remember to acknowledge a job well done, too.
Content Types You Can Outsource
Written content comes in a variety of formats. Here are the top content types you can conveniently delegate through outsourcing:
- Long-form informative articles that are niche-specific for more targeted contextual marketing utilizing relevant keywords for higher ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Blog entries that reflect your branding and keep up with the content marketing trends and industry news
- Press releases that are 100% original for establishing online credibility and authority
- Technical write-ups that demonstrate product usage and benefits of service
- Interesting social media content worthy of likes, reactions, comments, retweets, and shares and with strong, persuasive CTAs that have a potential for virality
- Product descriptions and service inclusions highlighting features and benefits that fascinate and appeal to consumer’s emotions
- Email copies for brand promotions containing discounts, expansion plans, company updates, and other business correspondence
- Video scripts for YouTube, Instagram reels, and stories
- Podcast scripts for Apple, Patreon, and Spotify
- Whitepapers with reports on the business solutions you provide
- Data for infographics to incorporate into a visual setting
How Does Content Writing Outsourcing Help Your Business Operations?
When you outsource content writing, you help your business improve in these aspects:
The process of research, writing, editing, and revisions takes many hours to complete. Maximize your resources and gain back your time. Outsourcing content can free up critical time which you can allot on more crucial tasks for your organization.
Efficiency and Speed
The number of outsourced professionals will depend on your business demands. You can outsource writing to more experts when the need arises. You can employ either full-time or part-time services.
Content writing outsourcing agencies and freelancers are strict with deadlines. You are guaranteed fast delivery of high-standard quality of content.
Outsourcing to multiple content writing pros can give you interesting fresh perspectives for taking your content marketing to new heights. They have the capacity to experiment with varying styles and tones to attract a larger audience.
More Frequent Posts
You can post more frequently and consistently with a repository of marketing collaterals. Updated well-written pieces are important for your brand’s active online presence, reputation, and recognition.
Unparalleled Quality of Content
Get professionally crafted, sterling materials through content writing outsourcing. Pro content writers will surely deliver to satisfy your marketing requirements.
Top-Tier Content Writing Agencies to Outsource Your Projects To in 2023
- Location: 2 Oliver, St 02109, Boston, MA 02109, Boston, Massachusetts 02109, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $150/hr
- Expertise: B2C Marketing, Inbound Marketing, SEO, Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing.
Brafton is one of the best content marketing agencies. You only need to look at Brafton’s impressive client portfolio to know that they certainly stand out when creating excellent written content (among other things) for businesses and brands.
Established in 2008, Brafton has since developed its skills in social media marketing, content marketing, inbound marketing and B2B marketing to hero levels. These talents have allowed them to fast-track sales, engagement and concrete ROI.
Brafton has offices based in Chicago, San Francisco, London and Sydney, proving that this team of creative geniuses knows no bounds when offering their services on a global scale.
Brafton’s clients include Canva, Cisco Systems, Epson, JTB Corp, Pearson and MIT.
- Location: 2290 A kingston rd, Toronto, M1n1t9, Canada
- Average Hourly Rate: $50
- Expertise: Branding, Graphic Design, Package Design, Web Design...
Toronto-based branding company, Ashbi Creative Studio, creates bold, quirky & colourful designs for their clients but also provides content marketing services.
Beyond just a memorable logo, the branding and content writing services Ashbi provides helps their clients gain their audiences' trust in their brand, helps increase sales, allows them to feel confident as a business and makes their business memorable to audience.
Before the branding and writing process, they build a foundation through brand strategy and pick a package that is perfect for clients' business & audience.
Clients include Brittney Helene Hair, Pretty and Relaxed and Flipsource.
- Location: 140 Swanson Rd Unit 423, Boston, Massachusetts 01719, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $100
- Expertise: Branding, Public Relations, Advertising and Web Design
Trajex, another great content marketing company, meets the marketing needs of startups at an exceptionally high level, with SMS, social media, email, SEO and branding solutions all in their wheelhouse.
They’ve worked on projects ranging from multiple campaigns for the world’s first heelless shoe brand, the DIFFERENCE, to managing the entire Facebook network for Patch Media in Massachusetts.
In 2021, the agency achieved a 100:1 return on ad spend from a business’ text message campaign, helped bring in multiple new donors for a Boston nonprofit, and successfully funded a Kickstarter campaign for a client without a dollar spent on pay-per-click ads.
Clients include the DIFFERENCE, Patch, The Paul Center and Private Label Insider.
- Location: #203, 2nd Floor, Lake Shore Towers, Raj Bhavan Road, Somajiguda, Telangana, Hyderabad, 500082, India
- Average Hourly Rate: $50
- Expertise: Healthcare Digital Marketing, SEO, PPC, Social Media Marketing...
Healthcare DMS, a great content marketing agency, is a healthcare digital marketing agency providing online marketing services to healthcare providers. As a trusted digital healthcare marketing company, Healthcare DMS works with various healthcare practitioners to boost their digital presence and improve their online reputation.
Their clients include physicians, dentists, gynecologists, plastic surgeons, fertility clinics, chiropractors, hospitals, and medical groups across the nation. Healthcare DMS services include digital marketing for doctors, paid search advertising, website design and development, reputation management, social media marketing, and video marketing.
Through these marketing strategies, they have helped several healthcare providers increase their patient acquisition and retention rate.
Clients include Rotunda IVF Clinic, Flying Doctors - Medanta and Amish Hospital.
- Location: AV Americo Vespucio Sur 1307 - 923 Las Condes, Santiago, 7550000, Chile
- Average Hourly Rate: $200
- Expertise: Content Marketing, Digital Marketing, Email Marketing...
BEP BE PARTNERS connects their clients' websites with networks so they can serve their customers everywhere, whether it's in person, on the web, on mobile, on Facebook, on Instagram and in online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
The agency also develops their clients' digital strategy, produce content based on the available data and industry/market trends for the company, product or brand.
Clients include United Colors of Benetton Chile, Eurolock, Rabke Equipment and Nexxolog.
- Location: New Jersey, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $100
- Expertise: Content Marketing, SEO
Lightning Media Partners provide the power of a full editorial department for a fraction of the cost to their clients from various industries. Their content creation marketing agency delivers high-quality, high-volume content without the hassle of building an in-house staff or managing dozens of freelancers.
They work with digital publishers and small businesses as an outsourced content writing service. The agency's approach combines a targeted content strategy with best SEO practices to help clients connect with their audience and boost theit page rankings.
Clients include CO by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Business News Daily, MediaCutlet and BobVila.com.
- Location: ul. Robotnicza 42A, 53-608 Wrocław, Wrocław, 53-656, Poland
- Average Hourly Rate: $100
- Expertise: Content Marketing, SEO, Legal Digital Marketing, Public Relations...
Elephate is a content marketing agency that creates unique content, based on deep research for different niches. They also provide SEO services to deliver valuable traffic to their clients via issue-solving blog posts that rank for keywords aligned with the audience's search intent.
The agency also provides quality press coverage and similar PR content. Their proprietary digital PR campaign tool is a combination of full of data content supplemented with attractive infographics.
Clients include Kahoot!, Zalando, Oponeo and Vox Meble.
- Location: 3333 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, Texas 75201, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $65
- Expertise: Content Marketing, SEO, PPC, 360-degree Digital Services...
A Dallas-based agency Digital Media Ninja taking on any digital mission for their clients, including SEO, paid media, web design, and content marketing their team delivers with our swift, sure, and skillful digital marketing techniques.
They work with businesses across the country, in every industry. Any digital or content marketing campaign is tailored to client company’s goals. The agency's specialists use research-based SEO, paid media, and content marketing strategies to transform any site into a conversion powerhouse.
- Location: 4001 S.W. 47th Ave. Suite 202, Davie, Florida 33314, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $169
- Expertise: Social Media Marketing, Local SEO, UI/UX Design, WooCommerce Development, Small Business Website Design...
BlckPanda is a new-age digital marketing agency that is positioned to deliver digital marketing, design, e-commerce, and web development solutions to SMBs across the globe.
BlckPanda is a full-service digital agency that puts its focus on achieving key business objectives, rather than just aesthetics or mere technical implementation. Conversions, transaction, engagement, usability, marketability, revenue (ROI), etc., are some very popular words at BlckPanda.
- Location: 8691 Cooks Mill Road, Georgetown, Indiana 47122, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: Inquire
- Expertise: B2B Digital Marketing, Branding, B2B Advertising, Search Engine Marketing, Lead Generation...
MaxDRIVE Marketing is an appointment-setting company with their own Sales Development Representatives (SDR). They set up Demo or Discovery meetings for clients that can lead to quicker sales. The agency does all the heavy lifting to get the Appointments and your sales professionals focus on closing the deals.
With warmed-up prospects who are ready to learn more about their clients' products and services, this approach leads to more Revenue, a higher Return-on-Investment and more Profit for the agency's client's company.
- Location: 2420 NE Sandy Blvd #127, Portland, Oregon 97232, United States
- Average Hourly Rate: $165
- Expertise: Web Design, Small Business SEO, Content Marketing, Email Marketing...
Digital Marketing 4FP, LLC is a digital marketing agency serving Financial Planners, Financial Advisors and Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) for marketing consulting and implementation.
Their aim is to help individuals have a better relationship with their personal finances by supporting the growth of your firm and the profession as a whole. They work with fee-only independent advisors. Most have a passion for Life Planning, Financial Planning 3.0, and exploring the deeper meanings of money with their clients.
Wrap-Up: Reasons and Ways to Outsource Content Writing for Business
So, should you outsource content writing? If you have the means to drive visitors to an SEO-powered website, blog page, and socials, the answer is “yes.”
Leave the content creation and all marketing collateral production to outsourced experts. It is the proper distribution of resources so you can save time. Consequently, you can concentrate better on the operational and tactical aspects of your business.
Find skilled writers and orient them on your creative branding. Prepare them to grow your digital presence. Engaging the services of high-performing freelancers or a team of experts can get you the best possible results for your content marketing programs.
Outsource Content Writing FAQs
1. What does an outsourced content writer do?
An outsourced content writer creates written content for the hiring party. The content can include blog posts, articles, social media posts, website copy, email newsletters, and more. This often involves conducting research on the topic, understanding the target audience, and writing in a tone and style that aligns with the client's brand.
2. What are the best websites for writer outsourcing in 2023?
Some of the most popular websites for outsourcing content writing are Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, Textbroker, and iWriter.